General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

(Aug. 16, 2011  9:04 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Mind Master banned..... Do Psychics really see that much usage?

Gusto 2-variable card FTK.

So, yes.
POed? I'm hoping most of these things are on our list, but some are kinda dumb, we need to slap some TCG exclusives on this list.
What the hell am I reading?? Three Gravity Bind? Two SoRL? Just what the hell is Konami thinking??

All my thoughts:
What I'm PO'd about (Click to View)
What I'm pleased about (Click to View)
That's just what I think, though.
every one check out the new yugioh zelax
Zexal* Also, most of us already have.
(Aug. 16, 2011  9:52 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Gusto 2-variable card FTK.

So, yes.

I looked into Gusto FTK, and apparently, it's just Mind Master that sees usage a lot. I used it for Synchro SPAM, and first turn Quasar on DN, hahah. I'm a bit annoyed to see it potentially banned, but meh. They are other Decks that can Synchro SPAM.
dang. my fishies just went from "we can go formula synchron" to "we just lost fishborg blaster"! And i pulled breaker, too ;_;
(Aug. 17, 2011  1:16 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: I looked into Gusto FTK, and apparently, it's just Mind Master that sees usage a lot.

Yeah, but Konami (rightfully) hates FTK oriented decks. That's also a big reason why Fishborg got hit (Okay, this is probably to hit Fish OTK. Infinite Trishula loops on the first turn? Yeah, no thanks.), and it was the reason Substitoad got hit.
Ik, but why not limit the super ancient deepsea king? Really, i was looking forward to banfish synchro/xyz... now, im either going banfish xyz, or, im busting out my old twilight deck, -3 tour guides Unhappy
(Aug. 17, 2011  3:34 AM)JBey Wrote: Ik, but why not limit the super ancient deepsea king?

Because Fishborg was abused in more than Fish.
Even if the ban list is remotely legitimate, I'm not that upset with the changes, aside from Mind Master and Giant Trunade. I'm expecting a lot of Chaos, Twilight, and Lightsworns to be played; I might have my hand at them and see how it goes.
do not watch yugioh zelax it with a kid with black and pink hair and there making a movie to
...What was the point of that post? It's just SPAM, like 90-99% of your posts tend to be. And why does HAIR make an anime bad?
(Aug. 17, 2011  5:38 AM)@ce Wrote: do not watch yugioh zelax it with a kid with black and pink hair and there making a movie to

Its quite interesting with the Kaito guy in it now. Its like saying you like Yu Gi Oh, cuz of the logo. You don't like a show or anime cuz of the looks or stuff, you like it cuz its interesting. Don't judge a book by its cover. And Movie, its not a movie, its a special, like a 5 part duel.

Anyway, I really need Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon, its amazing. I'm gonna try to make a XYZ Dragon deck once I get Leviathan Dragon and Galaxy Eyes.
So I was going to start collecting some Yu-Gi-Oh cards again.

I used to have some but time for a fresh start. I won't be playing competitively, just collecting rares, holos and such.
I heard somewhere that the odds of holos in special edition boxes are bigger than in booster boxes, can someone confirm this theory ? haha.

And which booster would be a good place to start collecting? Unless it doesn't really matter ? I'd really like a ghost rare and some secret rares, aha.
Potentially, Special edition boxes can have better holo rates, my favourite pack is DREV (Duelist Revolution) so I guess you could start there, it has lots of good cards in there (Effect Veiler, Scrap Dragon, Solemn Warning, Pot of Duality etc.) If not DREV, try the newest pack, Generation Force, when the Special Edition comes out.
the style of my deck is a rush to synchro/fusion what mean is i use low leveled effect dragons and warrior that have effects to summon other monsters and beef them up with equip spells then when a get a bunch of them i either synchro summon or use fusion and destroy them
=P yeah i know a broken deck but i just play at my local card shop and at school
Dimensional Prison, response? Lol.
(Aug. 17, 2011  11:34 AM)xshaman-kingx Wrote: the style of my deck is a rush to synchro/fusion what mean is i use low leveled effect dragons and warrior that have effects to summon other monsters and beef them up with equip spells then when a get a bunch of them i either synchro summon or use fusion and destroy them
=P yeah i know a broken deck but i just play at my local card shop and at school

...Dragons and Warriors? Really? Erm, how about Spinos, drop two tokens with 0 ATK on your side of the field...in ATTACK mode, attack with Hydrogeddon, bring another, attack again, and spam Gilasaurus and Jurrac Gillam for two Velphitos, and guess what? Tail Swipe. Next turn, do it again. Sychros do nada if they're stuck in your Extra Deck, y'know.
Fish... or twilight?... tht was my question through last night, where i got 2 hours of sleep, becuz i was constructing both decks online, and not sure which to play... then, i thought, WHY NOT BOTH???

I love Twilight decks. Ever since i first heard of them, i LOVED them. Now, i love koa ki, banfish, AND twilight. Imma alternate, unless of course u guys have some ideas. I have the most cards for banfish, the second most koa ki, and like NO twilight (I have no clue where i put my old deck)...

Why, way back, did I trade BLS??? WHY???

EDIT: I am not looking for lists... just ideas.
(Aug. 17, 2011  11:19 AM)blah Wrote: So I was going to start collecting some Yu-Gi-Oh cards again.

I used to have some but time for a fresh start. I won't be playing competitively, just collecting rares, holos and such.
I heard somewhere that the odds of holos in special edition boxes are bigger than in booster boxes, can someone confirm this theory ? haha.

And which booster would be a good place to start collecting? Unless it doesn't really matter ? I'd really like a ghost rare and some secret rares, aha.

Ye, i noticed u liking some yugioh unboxings on youtube.

BTW, the banlist made an impact on the six sams that im sorta not happy with. Shi en and shien smoke signal... Well, atleast gateway is untouched
Six Sams needed slapping, after Sept. 1, once that 1 Shi En is gone, game.
I cant stand that trunade is is banned this time. it was a key card in my Grave/Malefic Deck. oh well. at least MST is unlimited so that kinda helps
(Aug. 17, 2011  11:19 AM)blah Wrote: So I was going to start collecting some Yu-Gi-Oh cards again.

blah, if you want to maximize the amount of money you'd save, then collect singles by buying them online. A box of Boosters usually is about $75-$100 (this is in CAD), depending on where you get them, and you're not always guaranteed to get them. That's how I was able to save a ton of money after I realized my luck with Packs is horrid, hahah.

(Aug. 17, 2011  4:22 PM)JBey Wrote: Fish... or twilight?... tht was my question through last night, where i got 2 hours of sleep

Call me nerdy, but Yu-Gi-Oh! keeps me up at night like that, too, but not that extreme, lol. I've also been thinking of building Twlight or Lightsworns; I wanna put my Gold JD's to use. But we'll see how the new Format will define itself.

Disaster Dragon is so good because it won't ever get hit by the ban list, because not enough people will ever play them for something to happen (I hope). I'll probs just main 3 Koa'ki Meiru Dragos to counter all the Light and Dark plays. Adaptation in Disaster is just win. ^___^
There were a lot of things on that list I didn't see coming, but overall I think it'll be alright.

I am annoyed at the power cards that are around though... Black Luster Soldier, Reborn, Dark Hole, Storm, 2 Swords of Revealing Light AND 2 Call of the Haunted in the same format? What?!

I'm glad they FINALLY nerfed Pot of Avarice. That card has needed to be limited for formats now, and I've been advocating it for a long time. I'm also glad to see Samurai finally take a much-needed hit in the form of Shi En and, more importantly, Smoke Signal, getting limited. Plants also got another much-needed hit, though I was really pushing for a Lonefire ban. With Tour Guide sure to see a ridiculous amount of play now and the TCG ruling on XYZ's, I think Chaos/Doppel plants might still be viable enough to play.

I'm not too happy about Oppression getting banned. The card is ridiculously good and does more or less shutdown every meta deck barring TGs and Blackwings/Vayu Turbo variants, but with three MST and Storm coming back, I really don't see the logic.

I don't regret my decision to make Sabers though. Heavy Storm coming back really helps them out offensively and the deck doesn't play many defensive spells or traps anyway, so Storm won't pose much of a threat to the deck either. Combine a Heavy Storm play with a huge Gottoms hand-discard play and you'll more or less devastate the opponent.

On the other hand, the other deck I've been working on (Agents), is about to get ridiculously good. I have a pretty good feeling that's what I'm going to end up playing this format, at least for the start of it.