General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

(Aug. 22, 2011  9:15 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote: I'm not sure if this should go on discuss your decks but I'm not sure what is hould run. I'm trying to make a deck with the least amount of money. 2 kinds of decks came to mind. They were nordics and blackwing. What should I try and get? One of them or a different deck that cost less to get. Honestly I prefer nordics through and I already got odin.

The Deck that costs the least amount of money, but will most likely do the most amount of damage when compared to your two mentioned Decks would probably a variant of Agents. You'll be able to get Dualities and Kristyas very easily, and hey, the topped Worlds this year.

The Worlds decklists have been revealed? I shall have to check it out.
Went 5-0 with my Angels tonight, then lost in the finals. Took 2nd and got three packs of Gen Force, pulled absolutely nothing, lol.

Round 1: 2-0 vs. Scraps

I Venus/Gachi Gachi beat his face in game one, and game two I sided in lots of hate (2 Pulling the Rug, 1 DD Crow, 2 Thunder King) and pulled the win out, but it took a long time because I couldn't push much damage through all at once.

Round 2: 2-1 vs. Tengu Plants

I played against my friend and team mate Pat. He's a really good player, much better than I am (in my opinion), and I think I only won the match because he wasn't drawing well. We also both chose not to side, haha.

Round 3: 2-1 vs. GBs

I was not expecting to win this match. Game 1 he pulverized me, but games 2 and 3 I got in there with Malevolent Catastrophe (+3 for me both times) and Venus/Gachi Gachi beat him down.

Round 4: 2-0 vs. Tour Guide Chaos

He was undefeated at this point too and would top regardless, so he gave me the win rather than playing it out.

Round 5, first round of top 4: 2-0 vs. Blackwings

He's a younger player, but he's gotten pretty good. Unfortunately he can't draw into anything to stop me and I just go all out with Venus and Hyperion in both games.

Round 6, finals: 2-1 vs. Tour Guide Chaos

Same guy from round 4. I drew awful in all three games (opened up triple Shine Ball in game three with no Cards from the Sky -- Kill me), and started to feel discouraged, so I made bad plays as a result. I was also tired, starving and didn't care much, I just wanted it to be over, so I ended up scooping halfway through game three.

Overall, my deck played really well, and I didn't even have the Duality(s) or Kristya(s) to finish it out. First time I've ever played it in a tournament, and I'm pleased with it.
Dang, Nice job Roan.

I'm playing Lightsworn again once Sept 1st gets here. Been testing it out and I think its going to work out pretty well.
If Lightsworns see half as much use in actual tournaments as it does at my local game shop, I swear to GOD, I'm never taking out Decisive Armor. Ever.

Speaking of such, had a small tournament at school, a warmup for TCG Club. Supposedly, our second year will involve actually playing in tournaments, according to the school. Though I am president, and was never consulted on this, it's fine with me. TENGU PLANTS RAN WILD. I have NEVER had to deal with Tengu that much. And Sangan? Oh, geez, I'm lucky I didn't attempt to use my slow-as-hell GHenex deck today.

Jurracs went 4-1, and I ended up in second to another weirdo BW build. Couldn't keep Spinos on the field. Ever. In both losses, a Spinos hit the graveyard in two turns, usually by discard. Also, Icarus Attack hates me. Only win was from me playing a crapload of Jurracs, namely a 2500ATK/DEF Velphito, two Spinos, a Herra, and another 2600 ATK/DEF Velphito, and went crazy with the Spinos Tokens. Terrible showing, and I really wish I could actually prevent all of those cheap kills in rounds 2 and 3. I forgot to splash my Dark Bribes, and I paid for it.
(Aug. 22, 2011  7:29 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: The Worlds decklists have been revealed? I shall have to check it out.

It was Agents, Doppel Plants, Doppel Plants, and Machina Gadgets, in that order that won, but I can't seem to find the Deck lists of the other Decks. I also saw a Disaster Dragon Deck at Worlds, but alas, no Deck list.....
(Aug. 22, 2011  7:15 PM)桃太郎 Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2011  9:15 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote: I'm not sure if this should go on discuss your decks but I'm not sure what is hould run. I'm trying to make a deck with the least amount of money. 2 kinds of decks came to mind. They were nordics and blackwing. What should I try and get? One of them or a different deck that cost less to get. Honestly I prefer nordics through and I already got odin.

The Deck that costs the least amount of money, but will most likely do the most amount of damage when compared to your two mentioned Decks would probably a variant of Agents. You'll be able to get Dualities and Kristyas very easily, and hey, the topped Worlds this year.

Thanks. I probaly make that for now while I collect cards for the deck i really want. Unless they work better for me.
Edit- WHOA! I didn't know it will be that easy to get and cheap. This is diffinetly a better idea.
I think this comment should go in this thread...

Well, i beated a guy at my locals yesturday, in just 1 turn...

He set his back row for his first turn.

Then i used trunade, lol!
I had kagemusha and shien's smoke signal, so i got kageki.
I brought them out, and synced for 5 (to get Shi En)
I had a grandmaster and 2 cunning of the six samurai as well..
I brought out grandmaster
then both of my monsters attacked directly, i used cunning on Shi En twice, so it can attack twice more, and i won lol! He was playing Elemental Hero deck, but he also uses rainbow dragon and rainbow neos...
Beated is not a word. Also, to anyone who thought the Trunade for Heavy trade was dumb, here's why it happened, Trunade is harder to stop, use it bounce cards, they pretty much can't respond. Heavy however, you can go ahead and Starlight Road 'em.
Bringing Heavy Storm back with MST at three as well is rather dumb, though, and pretty much my only grievance with the list.

Still, it just means I'm going to run more aggressive decks this format, which is what I like doing anyway.
I'm really torn with Yu-Gi-Oh! at the moment. I really am considering rebuilding my X-Sabers again since Dualities are getting reprinted, but at the same time, I don't want to spend the money on it again, but rather, save it on more important things, like a mic so I can actually start filming.

The game is getting a bit stale for me as well. We'll see.
(Aug. 23, 2011  9:03 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: I'm really torn with Yu-Gi-Oh! at the moment. I really am considering rebuilding my X-Sabers again since Dualities are getting reprinted, but at the same time, I don't want to spend the money on it again, but rather, save it on more important things, like a mic so I can actually start filming.

The game is getting a bit stale for me as well. We'll see.

I agree with that. I got bored of the game and now that I wanted to come back to it, all of my knowledge is gone. I feel really stupid...
(Aug. 23, 2011  4:58 AM)桃太郎 Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2011  7:29 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: The Worlds decklists have been revealed? I shall have to check it out.

It was Agents, Doppel Plants, Doppel Plants, and Machina Gadgets, in that order that won, but I can't seem to find the Deck lists of the other Decks. I also saw a Disaster Dragon Deck at Worlds, but alas, no Deck list.....

Champs decklist:
and the Disaster Dragon deck;
Ah, thanks for that! After I get Dualities, I'll play around with that build, but the lack of Totems and LaDDs sorta scares me. Oh well, if it made it to Worlds, it's gotta be good.
Np, I pretty much have most of the decklists of most high ranking tournaments.
Also I don't really think totems and RaiDas are really needed in disaster dragon builds since they are kinda slow imo; well the only things I would change in that decklist is take out the dust tornados, Thunder Kings, for MST, heavy storm, effect veilers, gold sarcs, and tourguides.
Levial+GoldSarc+summoner monk+tengu=XD.
Too bad I sold my tourguides, but that was the combo I was going to use.
Were there any Blackwing decks? I'd love to see some of the techs they had, and maybe change them up to fit my deck.
Surprisingly, none of the players in the world championships use blackwings and neither did any of the blackwing decks top during the championship qualifing tournaments either, so I can't help you thereXD
Gasp Wow, Not even an OCG player? Geez.. Blackwings should be back by September 1st. IMO.
Well technically blackwings never really died even after it was hit so many times by the banlist, I mean last banlist hit them pretty hard but ppl still use it. Well my opinion is that it'll stay the same; not really topping but not really dead.
I got killed at a tourny at my local card shop by a blackwing deck all because of a Zephyros the elite. I used a blackwing deck too in that tournament. I have every card in d. pack 11 except for zeph.
(Aug. 24, 2011  8:19 PM)FlameDragon25 Wrote: Well technically blackwings never really died even after it was hit so many times by the banlist, I mean last banlist hit them pretty hard but ppl still use it. Well my opinion is that it'll stay the same; not really topping but not really dead.

I knew they weren't dead, even though only about 3 people at my locals play them, me being one of them.

EDIT: Some people have gotten tins early / German people have got them on time. Super Duality looks nice.

I lost in my tourney BIG time... i rushed... i didn't take my time, so im gonna definitely take my time on my saturday tourney

I lost my first match against E-Heroes 1-2... This guy ended up winning the tourney, so the fact that i've beaten him once was good...

Second match, i lost 1-2 against relinquished, well, i won the first match, but time ran out, and the last 2 matches had to be only 5 turn matches... and i had less lp... which i hate...

3rd match, i lost 0-2 because i rushed, when i could of used monster reborn, and basically win... against burn deck

4th match, i won 2-1 against D.D..

so its time for me to pwn on saturday
There are tourneys? Where?! I'm in London so if anyone can help me out here...
Check your local card shops for locals level tournaments. They generally happen once or twice a week. Maybe more, depending on how popular Yu-Gi-Oh is in that area.

Besides that, you can also check the official site to see when regionals level tournaments are happening in your area. These are bigger in scale, and typically composed of a higher skill level of player.
(Aug. 25, 2011  2:52 AM)TylerPT Wrote: so its time for me to pwn on saturday

More egotistical-ness.