General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Can you say: Golden Homunculus? Hell, I'd do that. Let myself get hit, remove a bunch of carp, Infinity Tyranno, and Synchro with Jurrac Aeolo for a 10000+ ATK/DEF Velphito. Waste of cards, but it'll be fun to see.
BRING BACK HEAVY STORM!!! I hate backrows w/ a burning passion Unhappy
I've got some new cards yesterday. All of them are 1st editions and one of them is a Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise.
(Aug. 13, 2011  11:41 PM)JBey Wrote: BRING BACK HEAVY STORM!!! I hate backrows w/ a burning passion Unhappy

No way. No backfield would turn the game into a beatstick contest, which is BORING. Leave it.
I guess... if u like having mirror force booms and magic cylinders to the face...
Solemn. Dark Bribe. Negation is a big part of todays metagame. I've said it before. That's why I ALWAYS pack a few Bribes. Besides, we DO have Giant Trunade.
(Aug. 13, 2011  11:59 PM)Temporal Wrote: Solemn. Dark Bribe. Negation is a big part of todays metagame. I've said it before. That's why I ALWAYS pack a few Bribes. Besides, we DO have Giant Trunade.

That reminds me GIANT TRUNADE should be banned.

It's a gamebreaking card. And could decide the game.

There's must've been many times when you must have had Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder ready to stop your enemies attacks or cards like Solemn Judgement, Warning and Bottomless Trap Hole ready to negate the summon of one of your monsters or to destroy the summoned monsters.

What does everyone else think?
Nah. That's why it is limited. You get one shot, and you'd better hope it works. Of course, if you have Card Destruction too, then that's an issue. But that requires a lot of searching and luck. Keep it at 1. Besides, it can be negated.
(Aug. 13, 2011  11:59 PM)Temporal Wrote: Solemn. Dark Bribe. Negation is a big part of todays metagame. I've said it before. That's why I ALWAYS pack a few Bribes. Besides, we DO have Giant Trunade.

QFT. I Main 2 in my Disaster build now, since it does what Seven Tools can't. It takes Hansel Aguero to win Nats to show the world the Bribe doesn't suck... lol; I've vouched for the card's usefulness for so long.
I have too, man. Ever since I picked up that deck with Phoenix Gearfreid. I never understood people saying that Dark Bribe wasn't useful in today's format. It negates for a simple cost like one draw. That's enough for me. Plus, I'd rather not pay 1000 Life points to stop something simple. I'll be saving Tools for Mirror Force. Again, a back-rowless game is boring as hell. SPEAKING OF BACKROWS. I. Hate. Magical Cylinder. I could have easily won, 2-0, but NO. This dude HAS to pull a DAMN MAGICAL CYLINDER on Jurrac Velphito. I take 2900 damage and lose. Of course, I proceed to go through my Side Deck and get my last Dark Bribe and put Aeolo away for then. Won the next one quite easily. Jurrac Herra, such an annoying monster. Namely because Jurracs have bad DEF normally.
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:13 AM)Temporal Wrote: SPEAKING OF BACKROWS. I. Hate. Magical Cylinder. I could have easily won, 2-0, but NO. This dude HAS to pull a DAMN MAGICAL CYLINDER on Jurrac Velphito. I take 2900 damage and lose..

I once attacked with FGD and got magic cylindered for game.......

Anyways, at the north american WCQ, my friends and I were talking, and here's what we need to happen. (A lot of them got there ideas from underworld6667, a youtube channel watched by tons of people at my locals.)

Unlimited:

MST

Bottomless trap hole

Semi limited:

Tengu

Allure

D-draw

Emergency teleport

Limited:

Tour guide

Heavy storm

Trishula

LSS shi-en

Formula synchron

Shien's smoke signal

Lonefire Blossom

And now, for whats going to 0 (In our predictions)

FORBIDDEN:

TG hyper librarian

Trunade

Sangan

Glow up bulb

The goal of this format is to slow down nearly every top tier deck, and to create more spell/trap removal to allow decks that are weakened by negation to take the place of tengu plants as the dominant deck. Allure is coming back to 2 to give blackwings more consistency. D-draw and e-tele is coming back to help teleDAD become a viable choice. Plants are extremely slowed down by this list.

This is a format were truly any deck can win.

Keep Trunade at Limited. I mean, it is the last true backrow hate card we have, and it's only a temporary fix, unless you have a Card Destruction. It's not like you can use three. I mean, if you bring Heavy Storm back, keep Trunade, as Heavy Storm is more useful. It's not like I use either, but that's my two cents.

On Magical Cylinder. I lucked out. I Set Dark Bribe the turn before, and damn near got Cylinder'd for 9200 DMG because of an insanely beefed Velphito. I won, but only because of Bribe. Hell, this wouldn't be an issue if I had Trunade, would it? I never want to see Bottomless at 3. It'd become so broken, people wouldn't even run Warning. (Of course, with Jurracs main special summons being less than 1500 in my deck, it wouldn't do much. Wouldn't hit Morphtronics either.)
The point of banning trunade and bringing back heavy is so there is only one backrow removing game winning card out there, and heavy is more useful so it should come back.

Now, exactly why wouldn't people run warning? Even if bottomless is at 3, wouldn't it be best to have as much removal possible?
Fair, but why main Warning when you can side it and pull it out when it is needed if you have 3 Bottomless? And leave out the more useful card, HS turns the game into a beatstick contest. Boring. And on Bottomless, think: You can negate Summoning without paying anything. I'm packing three if I'm allowed to, right? Sure negation is important, but is it worth having everyone run the same decks? I mean, you list would be NICE to see, kind of homage to the fans, but there would be no point. I definitely agree on banning Sangan. With XYZ and that stupid detachment rule, it'll be broken in no time.
Bottomless Trap Hole does not negate summons.
Ah, I thought it did. It simply destroys the monster, no? I mix the two up often.
(Aug. 14, 2011  9:48 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Bottomless Trap Hole does not negate summons.

Now that priority is gone, isn't it better than negating? (Can stop a reborn tengu without negating the tengu's effect, can stop a monster summoned by future fusion without negating the future fusion.)

Temporal: It banishes the monster (new card texts lol!), but yes.
Priority hasn't been removed from the TCG yet.
(Aug. 14, 2011  11:20 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: Priority hasn't been removed from the TCG yet.

A judge at the U.S. north american WCQ said it would be gone as soon as the starter deck becomes legal....People at my locals say they also saw this on pojo. Anyways, people on dueling network say the change happened.
(Aug. 15, 2011  1:10 AM)nlgrocket Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2011  11:20 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: Priority hasn't been removed from the TCG yet.

A judge at the U.S. north american WCQ said it would be gone as soon as the starter deck becomes legal....People at my locals say they also saw this on pojo. Anyways, people on dueling network say the change happened.

Except, y'know... official Konami representatives (Julia, specifically) said it hasn't occured.

EDIT: Also, Kevin Tewart (You may have to use the find function of your browser to get to it).
I've gotten the Storm of the Ragnarok special edition pack today at Target, and it has a Limited Edition Light and Dark Dragon in it, as well as a free entry pass to ANY event at a YCS tourney!
I have, like, six of those stacked up in my wallet, hah. Those things are a money saver.
If there's a YCS event happening in Seattle, Washington, then I'll go there and hopefully find a place where I can show people my collection.
Hopefully, one'll hit Illinois, and I'll get to show off my Jurracs on a bigger platform. Or my Morphtronics, but they're going through a MAJOR overhaul.
I'm going to YCS columbus in october, pretty much everyone whos competitive at my locals is going. For some reason I feel like doppel plants will win the tourney over tengu plants..... That is considering they have triple tengu and triple striker, along with reinforce truth teched. (Opponent normals tour guide, gets out sangan, goes for a rank 3 Xyz and ends? No problem. Special striker, normal tengu, sync for brio, discard dandy/spore/plag/glow up bulb to return the Xyz monster to the opponents extra, you'll win a few turns later.)