General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

At the sneek peek I went to, I was going to move to the other side of the table but I didn't. So when we got the boosters, I was freaking out! The kid on the oppsite side of the table got leviathan!( I know it isn't the greatest card but, I really want it so baddly.) But in the end I end of coming tied first with 3 other people. I got 2 boosters, 1 xyz veil and a dueling mat with black rose dragon on it.
(Aug. 08, 2011  8:02 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote: At the sneek peek I went to, I was going to move to the other side of the table but I didn't. So when we got the boosters, I was freaking out! The kid on the oppsite side of the table got leviathan!( I know it isn't the greatest card but, I really want it so baddly.) But in the end I end of coming tied first with 3 other people. I got 2 boosters, 1 xyz veil and a dueling mat with black rose dragon on it.

You willing to trade that Black Rose Mat?

>Wait for the tin to come. It comes with some amazing cards.

I Know :3

>Orient Dragon, Steelswarm Roach, Leviair and Leviathan Dragon all disagree.

Last I checked, the set has more than 4 cards. Plus, Steelswarm Roach with no Steelswarm support...blah.
Who needs Steelswarm support? It's mainly used to kill of Shi En plays. Sure not all the set is amazing, but neither were any other set, not every card in a set is O EM GEEZ IZ SO BROKEN I GONA RUN 3 AND NEXT FORMAT IT GONA GET BANED. Not one set has every card that's amazing.
The problem with GENF isn't the lack of good cards. There are actually quite a few good cards.
The problem is they've all been rarity bumped like crazy when they came over to TCG.
good point daegor, i always get annoyed when i want a card, but if i want to buy it people think its rarer because of the rarity (sounds stupid i know) and i have to spend like twice as much as if i bought the OCG version
Played in another locals tonight with my X-Sabers. Went undefeated all the way until top 2 and lost to Miracle Gemini 2-1. Didn't even pull anything good out of my prize Turbo packs.

Round 1: 2-0 vs. Tengu Plants

He was a new player, and very obviously so. Outplayed him on pretty much every level.

Round 2: 2-0 vs. Final Countdown

This deck just doesn't stand a chance against Sabers. Fulhelm, Darksoul and Emmersblade all play around Gravity Bind, Level Limit, etc. so all it takes is a Hyunlei play and you pretty much win.

Round 3: 2-0 vs. Gravekeepers

I was actually really dreading this match, as I thought it would be a really bad match up for me (I've never played against GK since I started playing Sabers, but given the deck's graveyard abusing nature, I assumed it wouldn't be good for me), but I was surprised at how little Necrovalley affected me. Trap Stun + Hyunlei = Game over.

Round 4, first round of top 4: 2-1 vs. Tengu Plants

Played the same kid I played round one. He seemed to have a better feel for the deck and was making generally better plays than before, but I still outplayed him due more so to his inexperience with competitive play and the deck than anything else. He managed to beat me game two because I opened so terribly (Double Trap Stun, Gottoms' Emergency Call, XX-Saber Faultroll, Call of the Haunted and MST -- blegh!).

Round 5, finals: 1-2 vs. Miracle Gemini

I made the typical Saber swarm in game 1 and won without much of a problem, so I assumed that the match was mine, but he sided out most of his "tech" cards (Reborn Tengu, Horn of the Phantom Beast, etc.) and put in D.D. Warrior Lady and other annoying anti-meta stuff and I just couldn't get around them in games two and three. It was a good match though, lots of back and forth.
Stardust is getting errata'd so it can stop the effects of Spell/Traps instead of just the activation.
Not sure how big a difference that's going to make.
(Aug. 08, 2011  3:21 PM)fragbait Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2011  8:02 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote: At the sneek peek I went to, I was going to move to the other side of the table but I didn't. So when we got the boosters, I was freaking out! The kid on the oppsite side of the table got leviathan!( I know it isn't the greatest card but, I really want it so baddly.) But in the end I end of coming tied first with 3 other people. I got 2 boosters, 1 xyz veil and a dueling mat with black rose dragon on it.

You willing to trade that Black Rose Mat?
No way. I bring it every I go(lol) They said it was worth $120 so no way.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:46 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Stardust is getting errata'd so it can stop the effects of Spell/Traps instead of just the activation.
Not sure how big a difference that's going to make.

That's... Kind of ridiculous.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:56 AM)Roan Wrote: That's... Kind of ridiculous.

Really? I don't see how. It's not like it can stop Opression now, since summons that are negated by Oppression are never on the field.

All I can think of it stopping is... Skull Lair?

EDIT: Dueling Network has Xyz now.
Doh, I was just about to post that DN has Xyz. Not exactly Ninja'd because I was much slower.
Argh!

I want to test my new deck on DN but I can't because DN has reached its
max user limit.

This has never happened before maybe with the new Xyz monsters everyone is starting to go on DN.
Ah, I got yelled at for "cheating" when I simply got an insane hand. I was test running my dinosaur deck (Yeah, I know. I just like some of them), and I managed to Special Summon Gilasaurus and Normal Summon Jurrac Gillam. I played Jurassic World and Synchro'd the both of them for a 2900 ATK/DEF Velphito on the first turn. Next turn, I spam Black Ptera for another Velphito with 2500 and Tail Swipe my opponent's two monsters and attack for some huge damage. Next turn, use another Tail Swipe and do it again. Game. He accuses me of setting up my hand...when he was the one to shuffle my deck.
-Sigh- I got A.S.S.'d on DN by some guy; I was playing Six Sams. My hand: Kagemusha, United, Kageki, Grand Master and Bottomless, and I started.

Right before I was going to send Kagemusha and Kageki to the grave for Synchro, he A.S.S.'d me.

Guh, some people.

Edit: Don't duel a guy name "madhit". Very poor rating, and he was the guy that A.S.S.'d me for no reason.
A.S.S'd? Can you please tell me what this means? I'm not good with abbreviations or acronyms.
A.S.S. means Anti-Sportsmanlike... I don't know what the last "S" stands for, but yeah, you get the gist of it.
Ah, got it. He quit on you because he was screwed? Hah, I take my beatings, but Six Sams and I have this love-hate relationship. When I need a win, I normally do. When I'm testing, they kick my butt. I test at tournaments, which is actually a bad idea, I should know better. (Though testing Dinosaurs get me three packs of HA3, and I got me another Jurrac Velphito.)
I thought they got rid of the A.S.S. button?
Did they? Haven't been on DN for a while, so I wouldn't know.
Maybe they haven't done it yet. I watched a video on DN's Facebook page the other day saying they were going to get rid of it and I just assumed it was going to be in this latest update to the site. Guess not!
Seems so. I wonder... I've seen some people play "Out of the Blue" against Grave Keepers. Frankly, I don't realy like the card, but I have one. Is it a useful card to side? I find it terribly conditional, and could actually help your opponent, but I wanted a second opinion.
I would never run something like that against Gravekeeper's. The only chance you'd use it is if your opponent uses Stele to target two GK's in the Grave, but you're giving them an extra opportunity to redo everything they did in the past rounds, assuming the worst of course.

If they used up their Royal Tributes and you somehow was able to pull "Out of the Blue" off, you'd pretty much be doing them a favor.

All in all, don't run it/Side it against anything lol.
Thought not. Besides, I'd have to take out "Localized Tornado" from my Side deck, which I'm definitely not going to do, as many cards as I burn through with my Jurracs. Black Ptera. It's amazingly useful for getting out a decently-powered Velphito or two, since it comes right back. I'd rather use Gilasaurus, however.
finally! i just got my last card in the movie 3d bonds beyond time card set! can't wait to make a malefic deck!
Malefic deck? I haven't really seen one, but wouldn't cards that keep coming back from being discarded again and again and again be annoying? I haven't seen one up close, but I heard that they aren't that consistent.