General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

NOTE: This thread is for discussing Yu-Gi-Oh! in general. This is not the place to talk about your deck or your favourite card.

Hn, so the first chapter of ZEXAL is out, but they didn't show much about Exceed Summons that we didn't already know.

In other news, I'm still pumped about the new Fairy Structure Deck, but with Dragunity Legion launching in March, I'm not sure we're getting it for a while if at all.

Oh, and the 2011 Duelist Pack Yusei tin has had its contents announced. I'm not sure if it's right, but I read it as a one in three chance of getting Dark Flattop, Dark Diviner or Frozen Fitzgerald. =/
If the tin really has Dark Flattop, Dark Diviner, or Frozen Fitzgerald inside, then maybe the Reactors/Sky Fire will have a little more use now. My cousin'll be so happy. Also, the Fairy deck looks pretty promising. Is it the one in Reverse of Arcadia?
(Jan. 01, 2011  12:13 AM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: If the tin really has Dark Flattop, Dark Diviner, or Frozen Fitzgerald inside, then maybe the Reactors/Sky Fire will have a little more use now. My cousin'll be so happy. Also, the Fairy deck looks pretty promising. Is it the one in Reverse of Arcadia?

No, Dark Flattop won't really help the Reactors. Even though it says you can ignore summoning conditions for Sky Fire, you still can't special summon it unless it was properly summoned before, which is lame.

And the Fairy deck is this one.
Ah, well. Even if it isn't Surge of Radiance, it still has some good cards (for those who didn't look at the deck list, I mean Splendid Venus). True, Dark Flattop has an effect that leaves something to be desired, but it still lets you summon the monsters over and over. That's worth something, right?
(Jan. 01, 2011  12:17 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: And the Fairy deck is this one.
I bet this Structure Deck is not going to come out in America (TCG)? I would have really liked to buy it...
I too, am really excited for the Lost Sanctuary Deck~! Not so much for the Dragunity Legion. I tried running a Dragon Deck a while ago, but it doesn't fit my playing style. I have no doubts that it will be awesome though. ><

Edit: XBlader: If Dragunity Drive/Legion is coming to the TCG, then Lost Sanctuary should be coming as well.
(Jan. 01, 2011  12:26 AM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: Ah, well. Even if it isn't Surge of Radiance, it still has some good cards (for those who didn't look at the deck list, I mean Splendid Venus).

And Master Hyperion, and Archlord Kristya, and Agents Earth and Jupiter, and Honest...

Honestly, Splendid Venus is one of the least exciting cards for me.

(Jan. 01, 2011  12:38 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: I too, am really excited for the Lost Sanctuary Deck~! Not so much for the Dragunity Legion. I tried running a Dragon Deck a while ago, but it doesn't fit my playing style. I have no doubts that it will be awesome though. ><

Dux + Phalanx in the graveyard = level 6/8 synchro. Dragunity is actually pretty good. I'm just not interested in it, haha.
Hm so I found that a store is now holding weekly YGO tournaments in Philadelphia, and it's only about a half hour drive from my house. The downside however is that they are only held on Mondays at 6 :\ The site said that the entry fee is $5 and the entry prize is a Turbo Pack, and the prize is multiple Turbo Packs. Should I try working out a schedule so I can go, or just leave it?
(Jan. 01, 2011  9:17 AM)|Joe| Wrote: Hm so I found that a store is now holding weekly YGO tournaments in Philadelphia, and it's only about a half hour drive from my house. The downside however is that they are only held on Mondays at 6 :\ The site said that the entry fee is $5 and the entry prize is a Turbo Pack, and the prize is multiple Turbo Packs. Should I try working out a schedule so I can go, or just leave it?

I'm of the opinion that the only way you're going to get better at this game is by going to tournaments, so yes, I think you should try and work something out. They're a lot of fun!
Also what structure deck would be the most rarest, among a possible best seller?
(Jan. 01, 2011  12:17 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: And the Fairy deck is this one.

This looks amazing.
Reprints of: Torrential Tribute,Solemn Judgement!,Honest,Marshmellon, Kyrista!, Smashing and Consecrated all in one Structure deck? Plus the agents, seems like a must buy for me.

Hah, now all we need is a reprint of Duality and Warning.
(Jan. 01, 2011  6:58 PM)Anime101 Wrote: My fav card would have to be the original god cards and monster reborn spell. Speaking of that I have 10 in my deck right now. That shows how much I love that card <3
Two things: This thread is about the Yu-Gi-Oh! game in general, e.g. releases. Your post belongs in the Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! card forum, which you can find by clicking the second yellow phrase in the OP, which I am not sure you read (no offense meant). Also, you can only have three copies of a card per deck, and for Monster Reborn, you can only have one in your deck.
Ohh ok sorry, didn't read properly. Thanks
Out of all the Structure Decks released to build on, Marik's and soon to be Lost Sanctuary will be my favorites.
(Jan. 01, 2011  6:42 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2011  9:17 AM)|Joe| Wrote: Hm so I found that a store is now holding weekly YGO tournaments in Philadelphia, and it's only about a half hour drive from my house. The downside however is that they are only held on Mondays at 6 :\ The site said that the entry fee is $5 and the entry prize is a Turbo Pack, and the prize is multiple Turbo Packs. Should I try working out a schedule so I can go, or just leave it?

I'm of the opinion that the only way you're going to get better at this game is by going to tournaments, so yes, I think you should try and work something out. They're a lot of fun!

Yes, they are fun I freakin love how you can just FEEL the tension in the air. But I'm unsure because I still have school, and from my experience tournaments can go on for QUITE a while......
Machina Mayhem is pretty good out of the box! It needs a bit of help, but you can make a very good deck, if you get multiples. I went to a tournament our school was hosting, and I almost won. I hate Cyber Dragon/Chimeratech Overlord Dragon Decks. 2nd place...On the bright side, I get another shot next week. I see what you meant now Daegor...Man, Chimeratech killed me. Is Magical Explosion legal? Some kid had 3 in his deck, and FTK'ed me...
(Jan. 02, 2011  4:37 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Is Magical Explosion legal? Some kid had 3 in his deck, and FTK'ed me...

It's limited.
Ah. Anyway, I now feel bad that I didn't take your advice on Chimeratech, and just used my Gemini Warrior deck.
*Sigh* I wish there were actually some tournaments nearby to where I live..... (Hint Hint)
(Jan. 02, 2011  10:31 PM)BFireblaze 6509 Wrote: *Sigh* I wish there were actually some tournaments nearby to where I live..... (Hint Hint)

If you want a tournament that bad, get off of the computer, get up and find a way to the nearest comic/hobby shop and set it up yourself.

It's not that difficult, and most shop owners likely already run similar events anyway.

I did this myself in my home town and now we host tournaments every Monday.
I don't have a Comic/Hobby shop nearby.
(Jan. 02, 2011  10:31 PM)BFireblaze 6509 Wrote: *Sigh* I wish there were actually some tournaments nearby to where I live..... (Hint Hint)

Go to google, and type in "Duel Monsters Genesis".

It's an online Yu-Gi-Oh! game that hosts tournaments every weekend.
^^^ I just downloaded that and it's pretty fun, it's a pain in the carp to play Crystal Beasts though haha. But I think I'm going to see if my local card shop could start doing weekly tournaments since people come in to duel there all the time. I'll probably make a petition sort of thing where i will leave it there and if I get enough people something could get worked out. Also, does anyone have a Duel Terminal near them? If so, could you ask how they got it because I might also try to get a Duel Terminal in my area if its possible.