General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

(Jan. 07, 2011  8:50 AM)Nwolf Wrote: I hope the movie comes out in england, i went to the original movie but they had run out of shine blue eyes! lucky me though cause the next day i went to a game shop and he gave me a pack as we're friends and it had all three sphinx cards in it! and i just got my second set of god cards!

nice for collection, no use for playing though.
To make it slightly more worth your money, you should have at least tried to get the tournament legal god cards. They have good effects, but they're so difficult to summon; I learned the hard way.
Which structure deck should I get? Marik's, Lost Sanctuary or Dragunity Drive?
i'd get Dragunity Drive but depends on what cards you want. also i got the ones where it says you can't use and the ones you can...
Huh...General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread huh? If that's the case, for anyone who is familiar with him, LittleKuriboh's newest Youtube account, CardGamesFTW, has been unbanned and recently uploaded the Abridged Christmas Special. That is all.
Gah, I'm on such a losing streak with my Synchro deck! I haven't won a single match in a while, my CB's are still running good though so I'm pretty happy about that.
(Jan. 07, 2011  7:17 PM)BFireblaze 6509 Wrote: Which structure deck should I get? Marik's, Lost Sanctuary or Dragunity Drive?

Marik's Deck for Gravekeeper's, Lost Sanctuary for Counter Agents, and Dragunity Legion (TCG) for, well, Dragons.

Gravekeeper's are decent, but after reading Roan's Deck Doctor on the Counter Agents, I'd get the Lost Sanctuary Deck. I'm unsure if it would be recommended to by up to three of those Decks for times three of the necessary cards, but it may be recommended; I would, but because I have money, heheh.

All in all, I'd go with Lost Sanctuary > Marik's > Dragunity Legion. I say that because of my liking towards Gravekeeper's, but Dragunity Legion is probably better.
(Jan. 07, 2011  8:33 PM)|Joe| Wrote: Gah, I'm on such a losing streak with my Synchro deck! I haven't won a single match in a while, my CB's are still running good though so I'm pretty happy about that.

Hah, Synchro decks are not doing well at my school. Especially not Junk decks.
Urbellum can be obtained easily in a starter deck
(Jan. 07, 2011  10:39 PM)Megablader9 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  8:33 PM)|Joe| Wrote: Gah, I'm on such a losing streak with my Synchro deck! I haven't won a single match in a while, my CB's are still running good though so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm thinking of cutting out all my Synchros but I don't wanna haha. Just gotta find the right combo.....So anyone going to see the 10th anniversary movie in Feb?
I kinda think Yu-Gi-Oh! is going downwards... reasons:

Synchro Summons is the key to winning

Meta decks still rule

Few supports for different themes such as low Normal Monsters, old archtypes ect.

Exceed Summons will be as OP as Synchro Summons; summon high monsters without sending cards to the grave, destroy it and you will get back the Exceed material monsters...

Quite few people play for fun and not using Meta decks

Missing seeing more fun archtypes such as Deformers, Fortune Ladies, Mokey Mokey and ect Tongue_out

Just needed to get that off my chest, really...
(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Synchro Summons is the key to winning
*cough* Omni Heroes/Vision Heroes/Masked Heroes

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Meta decks still rule
We have more top decks in the meta right now than at any point previous that I can remember. Plus, anti-meta is so common, it's actually meta in my locals.

Besides, meta deck just means commonly played deck.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Few supports for different themes such as low Normal Monsters, old archtypes ect.
*cough* Six Sams, E Heroes, Harpies, Amazoness.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Exceed Summons will be as OP as Synchro Summons; summon high monsters without sending cards to the grave, destroy it and you will get back the Exceed material monsters...
Unconfirmed rumour.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Quite few people play for fun and not using Meta decks
Lots of people still play for fun. In fact, with common reprints of many staples, I feel like more people are playing for fun these days.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Missing seeing more fun archtypes such as Deformers, Fortune Ladies, Mokey Mokey and ect Tongue_out
They're still around.
Oh does anyone know IF the Vision heroes and Masked Heroes will be released in the TCG? I know they're coming to the OCG in a few months.
honestly, i dont like synchro summons. i just dont like the concept.
(Jan. 07, 2011  11:23 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Synchro Summons is the key to winning
*cough* Omni Heroes/Vision Heroes/Masked Heroes

Only Heroes... You see that todays Meta decks exept for GBs playes Synchroes right?

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Meta decks still rule
We have more top decks in the meta right now than at any point previous that I can remember. Plus, anti-meta is so common, it's actually meta in my locals.
Besides, meta deck just means commonly played deck.

I know, that is the problem. I myself prefer fun decks with variety.
I have never played any meta or pre-meta deck since 2006 >_>

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Few supports for different themes such as low Normal Monsters, old archtypes ect.
*cough* Six Sams, E Heroes, Harpies, Amazoness.

Six sams will maybe be Meta soon, Harpies... really? and Amazoness, true they are fun. But there are only three. E-Heroes have never lost supports, ever...

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Exceed Summons will be as OP as Synchro Summons; summon high monsters without sending cards to the grave, destroy it and you will get back the Exceed material monsters...
Unconfirmed rumour.

But it is confirmed they won't go to the grave...

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Quite few people play for fun and not using Meta decks
Lots of people still play for fun. In fact, with common reprints of many staples, I feel like more people are playing for fun these days.

Few, quite few...

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Missing seeing more fun archtypes such as Deformers, Fortune Ladies, Mokey Mokey and ect Tongue_out
They're still around.

I know, I use them. Maybe I should say: Archfiends, Guardians, Spirits, Roids, Cyber Girls, Volcanics, Magnet Warrios and some really old ones
(Jan. 07, 2011  10:39 PM)Megablader9 Wrote:

I know this is late, but let me tell you. In my experience, Junk decks are just that. Junk.
Selling some of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. The link is in my Sig.

^^ Lol, Junk decks are Junk.
random thought: junk warrior in japanese is jank warrior
(Jan. 07, 2011  11:09 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: blah blah blah rumors blah sweeping statements blah blah

Someone sounds like they quit because they got beat too hard by someone who knew what the hell they were doing. Just being truthful here.

I regularly hold my own against high level decks using my Plant Theme Deck.

Old stuff gets new support all the time. You just have to be willing to have an open mind about how a card can be used and you'll find plenty.

You just have to have the guts to stand up against such a deck and find it's weakness against your own.
(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Only Heroes... You see that todays Meta decks exept for GBs playes Synchroes right?
GBs are far from the only deck that win without synchros.
Gravekeepers, Disaster Dragons, Light Beatdown, Machina Gadgets, Empty Jar, Chain Burn, Exodia, Magical Explosion (do people still use this? I forget.), Final Countdown, and of course, Gladiator Beasts all come to mind.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: I know, that is the problem. I myself prefer fun decks with variety.
I have never played any meta or pre-meta deck since 2006 >_>
And so do I. That doesn't mean I can't play competitively. All it takes is some ingenuity and you can make a lot of decks work decently.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Six sams will maybe be Meta soon, Harpies... really? and Amazoness, true they are fun. But there are only three. E-Heroes have never lost supports, ever...
You said no support for old archetypes. They are old archetypes. You never said they had to be not meta. Besides, there are more old archetypes getting revived and getting new support all the time. I just picked three off the top of my head.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: But it is confirmed they won't go to the grave...
But that doesn't make it overpowered. Without knowledge of the mechanic, you can't rightfully complain that it is overpowered. The whole process could be long, complicated and arduous.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: Few, quite few...
*rolls eyes* Restricted Format tournaments.

Besides, there are so many more people in my area playing Yu-Gi-Oh! recreationally now compared to one year ago, two years ago, even as far back as five years ago.

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:47 PM)Kavasiki Wrote: I know, I use them. Maybe I should say: Archfiends, Guardians, Spirits, Roids, Cyber Girls, Volcanics, Magnet Warrios and some really old ones
So what you're saying is they should keep coming out with new archetypes, but never, ever, EVER stop making support for ones that, on a large enough scale, virtually noone uses?
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:06 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: So what you're saying is they should keep coming out with new archetypes, but never, ever, EVER stop making support for ones that, on a large enough scale, virtually noone uses?

kinda... new Archtypes are cool, better variety but I think that also getting some of the never-played archtypes back will also increase the variety of the game. But this is getting more of an descussion thread right now....

I have played and watched the Meta game outfold in 7 years now, soon 8. I have seen how Meta decks have become from Blue-Eyes Beatdown to GBs, Blackwing ect. I was mainly just stating my point of view. I miss the times when there was variety all over the place and I'm wishing for those days to come back. I hope they bring Fortune Fairies into the game ^^
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:20 AM)Kavasiki Wrote: But this is getting more of an descussion thread right now....
This is a discussion thread.

(Jan. 08, 2011  3:20 AM)Kavasiki Wrote: I miss the times when there was variety all over the place and I'm wishing for those days to come back.

Gravekeeper's, X-Sabers, Plant Synchro, Volcanic Quickdraw, Lightsworn, Blackwings, Zombiesworn, Machina Gadgets, Dimensional Eatos, Infernity, Frog Monarchs, Gemini, Quickdraw Dandywarrior, Scraps, Machina Salvo, Dragons, Gladiator Beasts, Absolute Zero, Scrapkeepers, and Flamvell decks have all topped at recent YCS. How is that not variety?

Remember Tele-DAD?
^ Oh dear, I just tried that on a Stardust Accelerator WC 2009 ROM, that deck is beyond broken.
I heard it was insanely expensive though.

I wanted to try playing Infernities for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
In all actuality, there's a lot of decks I would like to start playing like Zombies and Dandywarrior. And on top of that I still need to finish up my Gravekeeper Deck, Lightsworn, get 2 D-prisons for Machina Gadgets, and start a possible X-Saber deck. =/

It's all about budget though.