General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

BlackWings are very useful in a deck based on quick Special Summons, and a good Tribute. BackBlast, and a bunch of the BlackWings that follow, are an excellent precursor to cards like Double Summon to get out 2 high level monsters in one turn.
I'm just going to shift the topic a little bit. If you want to discuss Geminis vs. Blackwings vs. w/e, then we can do so in the YGO Deck Thread.

I've taken a look at the Dragunity Drive Deck list, and I'm really hoping that the Deck list will be identical in the TCG; looking to get that Common Icarus Attack is all. Who knows when I'll need a spare. =P As a whole, the Deck is pretty good, as Daegor has mentioned a while back, but again, Dragons, and Dragunity isn't playing style.

But I'm definitely picking up three of the Lost Sanc Decks, assuming that they'll come to the TCG. I think since it's another Deck that relies on the power of a Structure Deck, it will be able to counter Gravekeeper's quite well.
Anybody selling a competitive YGO deck that dominates for $50-$100 or less?
I realize the discussion has shifted, but I just want to say this:

If you're still playing Blackwings as a swarm deck, you're playing the deck wrong.
(Jan. 09, 2011  10:31 AM)machipz Wrote: Anybody selling a competitive YGO deck that dominates for $50-$100 or less?

I'm pretty sure you could find a complete Machina gadget deck in between that price range.
(Jan. 09, 2011  10:31 AM)machipz Wrote: Anybody selling a competitive YGO deck that dominates for $50-$100 or less?

I have a complete Gladiator Beast deck I could sell for somewhere in that range.
So I decided to enter my first tournament in like in a couple months yesterday. The place had been using the old mantis system for a while now even after cossy came out so I didn't bother brining my cossy i.d. and guess what? Yesterday was the day they chose to start using konami's tournament system Angry but I was asked to do feature matches by the TO so I wasn't bored all day.
Turns out, BlackWings don't suck as hard as I figured they did. I actually went through all of the BlackWings I had, and they get onto the field very quickly. It's awesome for free tributes. They will be in my Side Deck for now. Though I have seen a few good decks, most of the ones I see at school are Anime character themed. If I see one more Dark Magician/Fiend Deck. or one more Black Eyes Dragon deck, I will take a hammer to it's owner. Usually they are just copies of the old theme decks!

Spell Striker+Rocket Plider is pretty decent, right? I really like that combo, especially with Card Breaker getting rid of a Spell to remove from play.
(Jan. 09, 2011  8:32 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Though I have seen a few good decks, most of the ones I see at school are Anime character themed.

Blackwings are the archetype of a main character in the anime. Just sayin'.

Also, Blackwings aren't really meant to swarm anymore. Especially not in this format.

(Jan. 09, 2011  8:32 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Spell Striker+Rocket Plider is pretty decent, right?

No, it really isn't.
If you wish to continue this conversation, Megablader9, do so in the Deck Thread, and not here. My response to you will be in the Deck Thread.

Edit: Kinda beaten?
I mean Joey and Yugi based decks. A few E-Hero decks that only have 1 Neos, like Jaden Yuki does. They are getting old, and the first 2-3 matches of the school tournaments are usually too easy.
So I went to locals today, went 4-2 and made top 4.

In my entry prize pack of Turbo 4 I pulled a super rare Sirocco and in my prize packs for topping I pulled a super rare Debris Dragon.

That's about $80 together. Profit!
(Jan. 10, 2011  1:42 AM)Roan Wrote: So I went to locals today, went 4-2 and made top 4.

In my entry prize pack of Turbo 4 I pulled a super rare Sirocco and in my prize packs for topping I pulled a super rare Debris Dragon.

That's about $80 together. Profit!

Wow. A $80 profit from a $5 tournament. That's just awesome.
Well, if you want to be technical, it actually cost $6.36 to enter... haha
(Jan. 10, 2011  1:54 AM)Roan Wrote: Well, if you want to be technical, it actually cost $6.36 to enter... haha

Well technically it's $5 for me Joyful_2

I really need to buy some more packs. Maybe when I get a job I will buy a Boster Box!
(Jan. 10, 2011  2:01 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2011  1:54 AM)Roan Wrote: Well, if you want to be technical, it actually cost $6.36 to enter... haha

Well technically it's $5 for me Joyful_2

I really need to buy some more packs. Maybe when I get a job I will buy a Boster Box!
Get the Shining Darkness. It's totally worth it.
(Jan. 10, 2011  5:20 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: Get the Shining Darkness. It's totally worth it.

Compared to Duelist Revolution?

Barrier and Darksoul are the only real money cards in TSHD, whereas DREV has PoD, Warning, Effect Veiler, Scarp Dragon, etc.

Anyway, packs are rarely worth it anyway.
(Jan. 10, 2011  5:25 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2011  5:20 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: Get the Shining Darkness. It's totally worth it.

Compared to Duelist Revolution?

Barrier and Darksoul are the only real money cards in TSHD, whereas DREV has PoD, Warning, Effect Veiler, Scarp Dragon, etc.

Anyway, packs are rarely worth it anyway.
Okay, I concede to your logic on both points. Anyway, I've been thinking: is Gust the Backblast + Gale The Whirlwind + Bora the Spear (all special summoned) a good way to get something like Wicked Dreadroot/Obelisk the Tormentor on turn one a good combo hypothetically? I've been thinking about a Blackwing deck for a while, and this could be a good way to pull it off. Any suggestions?
(Jan. 10, 2011  11:17 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: Anyway, I've been thinking: is Gust the Backblast + Gale The Whirlwind + Bora the Spear (all special summoned) a good way to get something like Wicked Dreadroot/Obelisk the Tormentor on turn one a good combo hypothetically?
No. It's not enough payoff for such a massive loss in card advantage. Plus, it's a waste of a Gale.

(Good) Blackwing decks do not swarm anymore, by the way.
So I'm going to be making a Beatdown deck soon. Anything recommended? Currently I plan on buying Jinzo, Royal Decree, some Cyber Dragons, The Trickies, Gene Warped Werewolves, and Berserk Gorillas.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:28 AM)|Joe| Wrote: So I'm going to be making a Beatdown deck soon. Anything recommended? Currently I plan on buying Jinzo, Royal Decree, some Cyber Dragons, The Trickies, Gene Warped Werewolves, and Berserk Gorillas.

Don't use the Tricky for Beatdown.
Skill Drain, Beast King Barbaros, Thunder King Rai-Oh.
Ah yes I forgot about those, what about Forbidden Chalice? And how about Dark Bribe, Divine Wrath, and Prime Material Dragon? But why no Tricky? Insta 2000 attack points sounds like it could help in an opening hand, especially with a card like Cyber Dragon or B.E.S Big Core MK-II in the same hand.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:36 AM)|Joe| Wrote: But why no Tricky?

The Tricky's a neg, there are better monsters to run, etc etc.

Yes to Forbidden Chalice and Dark Bribe.
Ah ok. Should I put in a Treeborn so I can quickly summon out level 5 and 6 monsters? And on the YGO Wikia, it talks about how Trap Monsters are also beneficial so would Metal Reflect Slime and the one trap with 3000 Defense who's name I cannot remember be good?
This is really getting off topic. Try your best to make and post a deck list in the deck thread and I'll help there.