General Monsuno Thread

saw these only 4 days ago and i thought at first, not another card game, as i only saw the cards, but i looked at in anyway and thought i better look into it on the internet, as the box didn't explain much. the next day, i went back to buy a bey (i didnt know how much mouney i had as the atm was down) and thats when i saw the canisters/cores, thats when i thought and almost yelled out loud, NOT A BAKUGAN COPY! then i was watching beyblade vids erlier today when i spotted a monsuno vid hidding at the bottom of the screen. i went to look at it and i went on a full monsuno reserch frenzy. after watching several unboxings, reveiws, interviews and anime eps (is it an anime? it's american based so im not sure) i must say it's quite, unique in exercution. the game and show both have a deep side and a childish side, mostly aimed at kids obviosly but they do what hasbro's beyblade campaghn do not, have an older side to it. also having 3 main sides to it is quite interesting. i might buy just one starter pack to try it out and incase it does catch on before buying more. the official interview with the co-creators was quite interesting, working a full 3 years on it is good to know, means they want to do alot with it (maybe even tournaments, even around australia maybe). i noted that they said that their multi-launcher "works" better than most multi-launchers (ie- the duotron launcher) on the toy market, i want to see if thats true.

edit: im kinda adicted to the theme song for some reason, though i thought it was very wireded out by it at first. anybody else get a crush gear feal to the spinning animation of the cores in the show?
i watched the show it was boring the only thing that got me to watch it was i saw the stadium in the store not only did the color look awesome but i thought it was a beyblade stadium that u can get stadium outs reguraly!iw as so excited then i saw monsuno and im like........but im instrested in buying the staidum and beyblading in it!i want some1 to make a vid of it before ahnd so i dont waste money or brake a beyblade.
monsuno's theme is more auto tuned than T-Pain...
I saw some of them. They ripped off a lot of things. I bought one though. It was called Spikelash.
I bought one yesterday just to try it. While it is similar to other things, it has its uniqueness. I felt I had been ripped off though because I apparently bought the "starter set" which is the same thing as a one pack but instead of getting three cards you get a poster of your Monsuno's card. To get the three cards you have to send the UPC or CPU code or something, your reciept, and the poster to the toy company.

Similarities: Monsters, cards, and folding figures.
Uniqueness: Cores, monster design and name, and Manufacturers.
Hey its PRO EAGLE TALKING wat isit that u guys like about monsuno????????????? monsuno suks p.s no ofense PRO EAGLE OUT
(Jun. 18, 2012  10:30 PM)Pro Eagle Wrote: Hey its PRO EAGLE TALKING wat isit that u guys like about monsuno????????????? monsuno suks p.s no ofense PRO EAGLE OUT

Dude, please don't go into a thread and insult the threads topic. If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post anything at all.
Sorry akio. But i like the show
Ive been watching the show after school,and honestly it seems alright. The theme song is so damn catchy in a weird way. Am I the only only one who thinks Far East Movement are embarrased for writing this song? A couple of days ago I bought a 2 pack with Evo and Lock. We have an Air hockey table at home,so I invented another way to play with the cores on that.
i think the card game should actually have something to do with the core toys but i do like its toy design, pretty easy to pick up(especally if you were one of the ones dissapointed with bakugan's end) the card game is kinda meh but its pretty origional, so far ive only gotten the monsuno toys that i like(backslash, spiderwolf,librax)
I think the game would be more fun if you just didn't use the cards at all.
ok i dont know why but my brother got lock after saying he was never going to get one. this particular monsuno is alot like Ash's Pikachu, never wants to stay in it's core. once we do get it in it pops out as soon as we try to spin it. i figured out the trick to getting it to stay in till it actually it something but it's a pain in the but. i made a lego monsuno core to try out the game with a booster i got and played a bit. it's fun but you never want to play another game streight after it. i am addicted to spinning it though, spinning is fun. im going to try and get backslash or moonshine (im a sucker for bad guys) and battle my bro properly, but if i get one that is anoying as lock, im not buying another.
I have one of the evil bird thingys, Lock, Spider Wolf, and Quick Force. I really want Boost and some of the other new figures. Boost looks so awesome. I only get the cool looking ones! XD
The anime itself is pretty bad. The characters don't really change facial expressions which is weird. I recall one person in the show had the same expression for at least a whole minute. I can imagine the game continuing but not the anime. Actually, I'm not quite sure if it even should be considered an anime.
I wish they would release waves of Monsuno stuff quicker. I'm quite sure they are on Wave. #2. It would also be nice if the gear was somewhat useful. The only useful thing I can think of is the holster thingy that can hold two Monsuno cores and a bunch of cards. I should really get back into the game, but you can't really play it without two people, which kinda stinks. I wish there was more you could do with it also.
I have one "Rare card" which is pretty cool. XD And I can use it with all the elements which is sweet. They should improve the game so actual monsters come out of the cores. XD
What, so you want a life-size Lock to come out of your core? Good luck with that.
I really like monsuno but they dont land on thier feet and it does take ages for thewm to pop out.
(Aug. 10, 2012  7:12 AM)Blazeburn Wrote: What, so you want a life-size Lock to come out of your core? Good luck with that.
Whats wrong with a little imagination? Obviously I realize its not gonna happen. It would be amazing if real monsters popped out of toy pokeballs, monsuno out of cores, and real holographic monsters out of duel disks, though. All you need is a little mutation and technology to make it happen. Tongue_out_wink
If they were still toys it wouldn't be fun, Hah.

Yeah,I guess. I do think that they could do that with duel disks. But it would cost a carpload.
ok, got my first one due to finding an open 4 pack that was missing lock and charger and locks core being sold for $10. bought it and kept glowblade for myself and gave quickforce to my yongest brother and the spare core to my other brother. i must say, when you have well working cores and alot of cards to work and experiment with, the game is actually quite fun. no wonder they are selling like hot cakes at my local k-mart store. they just stock a whole lot for wave 2 and some wave 1 and suddenly 2 days later 75% of it is sold.
I kind of want one, but I'm not really sure how to use it considering that there aren't any legitimate battle videos on youtube. Not sure if I could even find someone to battle with at this point...
come to think of it, i haven't seen manny proper battle video's either, just the turtorial, unboxing's and skill development vids, and mockery vids. ill have to make a proper battle video.
(Oct. 21, 2012  9:02 AM)Giraton Wrote: come to think of it, i haven't seen manny proper battle video's either, just the turtorial, unboxing's and skill development vids, and mockery vids. ill have to make a proper battle video.
Let me know when you make one. I want to see how those things work.
Can't wait for season two. Wish there were more events, I mean one Toys R Us event maybe more for season 2. Its a fun game, its not completely original, but it takes some of the best (bakugan, beyblade, pokemon) and fuses it together. Pretty good show too.
yeah the TRU event was fun, i hope there are more comeing events as well
So I guess my question is whether Monsuno is just a card game or not. I was on the official website & it said that only beginner play was with the capsules with animals in them (whatever they're called), & advanced play was with cards. Would it be a waste of time to get the toys since I'm not a huge fan of card games?
(Apr. 25, 2013  4:17 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: So I guess my question is whether Monsuno is just a card game or not. I was on the official website & it said that only beginner play was with the capsules with animals in them (whatever they're called), & advanced play was with cards. Would it be a waste of time to get the toys since I'm not a huge fan of card games?

I'm almost definite that's a mistake. I'm 99% sure that only the advanced uses only the cards, and the beginner and intermediate use the Cores and figures. The toys are really fun to play with, not only battling wise, they're nicely designed and a cool collection/hobby. It's worth it.

If anyone wants to join a new Monsuno Forum site:
http://omawolrdmonsuno.forumotion.com/