General GFX Thread

(Sep. 10, 2012  8:42 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2012  4:20 PM)TakanosukeGryph Wrote: [Image: Contest.jpg]
CNC please?

Hurr durr, anyways, I dun like the effect you probably used in lunapic. Umm, where exactly is the background? Anyways, I can give a full CnC if you posted it without the effect.

Hah! I did not use that!
I used photoshop elements!
And because I am so stupid I dont know how to use it!
PS Elements Has A Lot More Potential Than That I Made Most Of My Sigs In Elements I Can Teach You Via PM If You Want(No Offense)
Off Topic Got Photoshop CS5 A Few Days AgoTongue_out
And of course, Kai-V gets to mine.
Man I need to get better.
I guess I'll work on it later. :\

Anyways, looking at Blue's sig...
The effect is so... Neyh.
There's flow, but... No.
Not a fan of that effect. It doesn't work for me.
(Sep. 11, 2012  8:27 AM)Blue Lynx Wrote: Hah! I did not use that!

Well, you need to try out a combination of different effects to get a nice signature. The "sketch" effect isn't enough Tongue_out

(Sep. 11, 2012  10:57 AM)ChinaBladeâ„¢ Wrote: And of course, Kai-V gets to mine.

She's a great GFX'er, so she provided some constructive critique. Keep it in mind for next time =D
(Sep. 11, 2012  3:18 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2012  8:27 AM)Blue Lynx Wrote: Hah! I did not use that!
Well, you need to try out a combination of different effects to get a nice signature. The "sketch" effect isn't enough Tongue_out

Sometimes, the Trial-Slap-Error technique can be helpful, if you do it right .

The sketch effect is over powered, try to make it blend in.
(Sep. 11, 2012  3:42 PM)NoXthin Wrote: Sometimes, the Trial-Slap-Error technique can be helpful, if you do it right .

qft.

Actually, thats what I do all the time. Kinda why I don't like picky-requests Tongue_out
The problem is I don't know how to do that stuff because stuff like PSE and GIMP meses with my brain...
Im going to ask Nali to help me Smile
(Sep. 11, 2012  3:47 PM)Blue Lynx Wrote: The problem is I don't know how to do that stuff because stuff like PSE and GIMP meses with my brain...
Im going to ask Nali to help me Smile

GIMP 2.8 is easy. Click on the render and go to "filters" drop down and pick effects and see what they're like. If it doesn't look good? Then undo and repeat with another filter. Most of the times you get a nice combination. Look at Duck of Hade's signature that I made. It only uses three effects Eee

Yes, NaLi is a helpful person Smile
(Sep. 11, 2012  6:32 AM)DeltaFate Wrote: Cnc On My Newest Sprite Sig [Image: 244o8q0.png]
Also This [Image: jsoebs.png]
[Image: tumblr_ma7lcgBZdZ1rp2dtmo1_500.jpg]

cnC??
(Sep. 12, 2012  12:32 AM)kaihiwatari5673 Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ma7lcgBZdZ1rp2dtmo1_500.jpg]

cnC??

Well, you only used one main effect. Plus the text is very boring and bland. And you've resized the pictures to a bad possition. They don't always need to be fully in the picture. There is no flow, the text doesn't match, the renders are messed up... All in all... It's not very good.
well i'm only a beginner
(Sep. 12, 2012  12:42 AM)kaihiwatari5673 Wrote: well i'm only a beginner

I hate that excuse...
Anyways, practice.
Work on it.
What program do you use?
GIMP 2.6
[Image: iHtFC.png]

CnC (Kai-V or Focus, someone good at CnCing)? I think I did pretty well with this one. It's one of my favorites at least.
(Sep. 12, 2012  2:38 AM)SolGloActivatur Wrote: [Image: bbca85d1.png]
cnC please.

Renders definitely don't flow and the text is a bit iffy.
(Sep. 12, 2012  2:32 AM)Tri Wrote: [Image: iHtFC.png]

CnC (Kai-V or Focus, someone good at CnCing)? I think I did pretty well with this one. It's one of my favorites at least.
@ChinaBlade His a beginner and is trying to learn. You were exactly like that when you began so there's no need to hate on him.

Tri First of all there is one color scheme which is good but it seems too simple and the lines on the right hand side shouldn't be there. If you are trying to fill up space try smudging a background or something then add that in on a different blending mode.

The blending is kinda not bad but lessen the smudging or you can do this. Just duplicate the render cut out the arm and smudge it and put under the original render and then with the original render you can erase it with a soft brush.

The render also seems too big and also makes it lq. And another thing try using a different font or try playing around with effects to create good text.
Seeing that Borderlands sig made me remember that I wanted to ask for a CNC on my Borderlands sig: [Image: zv7p1.jpg] CNC please?
I like the border and the color scheme. The result ended up with a dark render but the rest is bright. Try add lighting so that it focuses in the render not the background. Try not to distract the render, what I usually so is I erase whatever is on my render or I duplicate my original render and I drag it to th top. Try moving the render a bit to the centre and one more thing it looks too simple try adding smudging or use c4ds or try both.
(Sep. 12, 2012  8:47 AM)Tsunaâ„¢ Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2012  2:32 AM)Tri Wrote: [Image: iHtFC.png]

Tri First of all there is one color scheme which is good but it seems too simple and the lines on the right hand side shouldn't be there. If you are trying to fill up space try smudging a background or something then add that in on a different blending mode.

The blending is kinda not bad but lessen the smudging or you can do this. Just duplicate the render cut out the arm and smudge it and put under the original render and then with the original render you can erase it with a soft brush.

The render also seems too big and also makes it lq. And another thing try using a different font or try playing around with effects to create good text.

Thanks for that, I will update it after school today and give it better smudging (which I completely over used) and work on the background a little.

Thanks for help Smile

is it too late to Cnc your sig Tri? If not, here
you only smudged the upper arm. If u were trying to make it look like a motion blur you should have done it for the lower arm too.
The text is too small
The left side of background isn't blending with the right side.
thats it,
KIU!!!!
[Image: tumblr_ma8xaqTx0D1rp2dtmo1_500.jpg]

cnC??
[Image: Blader124.jpg]
Cnc
Please!