General Competitive Pokemon Topic

That's why I put Punishment for Hyper Voice.I don't really use Zoroark unless I'm going against a ghost or Physic-type so I can KO them with one hit.I could replace Hyper Voice for Grass Knot because there is a lot of heavy Pokemon...
My Zoroark is Lv.100 so he survives multiple supereffective attacks and I've maxed out all EV's
In a real battle your Zoroark would be going up against Lv. 100's which ALSO had maxed EV's and a wide variety of likely supereffective moves. You may be able to tank through a few hits against NPCs, but in a real competitive situation you would be KO'ed pretty much instantly by a decent sweeper.
(Jun. 30, 2014  7:31 PM)Cake Wrote: In a real battle your Zoroark would be going up against Lv. 100's which ALSO had maxed EV's and a wide variety of likely supereffective moves. You may be able to tank through a few hits against NPCs, but in a real competitive situation you would be KO'ed pretty much instantly by a decent sweeper.

I don't agree.There was this trainer named Richie that I battled around November last year.I lost but my Zoroark managed to beat 5 of his pokemon but lost to the guys Dialga.I'm not arguing.What I'm saying is that Zoroark is not the best,but when wielded properly,he can be one of your most powerful pokemon.
beating one person ≠ it's a powerful pokemon.

You can play Zoroark well sure but it's not nearly at the level of what's normally used.
Also you don't know tiers do you lol bringing a zoroark to a match where an Uber like Dialga is allowed that apparently 6-0ed you too.
Didn't we already talk about why Zoroark is outclassed?
It's in RU for a reason; it's frail, its ability can be easily seen through by more experienced players, and there are just to many pokemon that can do its job better.
You like Zoroark, and I understand that, so if you enjoy using him, more power to ya.
Whatever.
It's clear I can't persuade you and you can't persuade me so let this argument be gone!

Dialga is a pretty good...
Well I mean, on the topic of Zoroark... : ^ )

Anyways, If this a competitive Pokemon topic then why don't we actually look at match-ups of a Zoroark within it's tier (i.e, NU, RU, UU, etc.) There's a reason that Zoroark is in one of those which I haven't checked in a long time because he isn't exactly the best and there are more viable things.
So how good is Alakazam in competitive play? I'm about to make my own psychic type roster (i.e. PC box full of psychic type pokemon), and I don't know exactly if I should raise an Abra for my roster.
(Jul. 01, 2014  4:05 AM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: So how good is Alakazam in competitive play? I'm about to make my own psychic type roster (i.e. PC box full of psychic type pokemon), and I don't know exactly if I should raise an Abra for my roster.

It used to be in my cookie cutter team, make it as a sp. sweeper
The other night I had one of the best battles ever. I saw that my friend was online playing Pokemon so I texted him and challenged him to a no restrictions battle with no legendaries. When I saw his team I nearly passed out. He had like 4 level 100s and I only had one (typhlosion) My other Pokemon are in the late 70s 80s and 90s. But somehow I managed to win. My typhlosion swept through almost his entire team. I also have been in more battles than my friend and have more experience.

For those wondering, here's my team:

Typhlosion Lv. 100: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Wild Charge, Eruption

Tyranitar Lv. 84: Earthquake, Substitute, Ice-Beam, Crunch

Milotic Lv. 95: Ice-Beam, Scald, Toxic, Protect

Lucario Lv. 77: Swords Dance, Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Close Combat

Hydreigon Lv. 90: Surf, Dragon Rush, Fly, Draco Meteor

Venusaur: Lv. 70: Toxic, Venoshock, Petal Dance, Leaf Storm

I wish I could have used my Raikou instead of Venusaur but we agreed on no legends at all.

But here it is:

Raikou Lv. 79: Toxic, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Protect
Why don't you teach your Milotic protect? You have toxic on it.
It does have protect lol

Eruption can be scary strong with full health and STAB, and you have a nice mixed set of moves (though I'd say Flamethrower is a little redundant with Eruption), so I can see how you sweeped them. I once beat my friend with a full team of Lv. 100's (including a Quagsire and Pelipper) with my first Lv. 100, Infernape. It had only fighting and fire moves lol so it was super annoying to beat Bertha's Quagsire and Wishcash in the E4, so I was worried about Pelipper and Quagsire. Turns out, I just spammed Close Combat and Mach Punch pretty much the whole time and it all worked out XD

and yes Diamond was my first game, don't even think about whining about it
Whoops meant Venusaur.
Oh, ok.

I just noticed, ew, Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm...

Without a White Herb or a whole bunch of switching out/switching to Physical moves after using them, they really aren't usable without basically killing whatever offensive ability you had...
(Jul. 01, 2014  8:46 PM)Cake Wrote: It does have protect lol

Eruption can be scary strong with full health and STAB, and you have a nice mixed set of moves (though I'd say Flamethrower is a little redundant with Eruption), so I can see how you sweeped them. I once beat my friend with a full team of Lv. 100's (including a Quagsire and Pelipper) with my first Lv. 100, Infernape. It had only fighting and fire moves lol so it was super annoying to beat Bertha's Quagsire and Wishcash in the E4, so I was worried about Pelipper and Quagsire. Turns out, I just spammed Close Combat and Mach Punch pretty much the whole time and it all worked out XD

and yes Diamond was my first game, don't even think about whining about it

Diamond was my first game too. I leveled up my Infernape and only my Infernape and it got all the way into the 70s before the 7th gym. My strategy back then...Spam fire blast XD

Also I rarely use Venusaur. I only used him because I couldn't use Raikou. And maybe I should switch Hydreigon with Dragonite or Salamence because Fairy types are Hydreigon's kryptonite.
(Jul. 01, 2014  9:08 PM)Flambo. Wrote: Also I rarely use Venusaur. I only used him because I couldn't use Raikou. And maybe I should switch Hydreigon with Dragonite or Salamence because Fairy types are Hydreigon's kryptonite.

Or you could replace Fly with Flash Cannon. If Hydreigon is Modest or Timid give it the Choice Specs and switch it in to a Fairy after you lose a Pokemon. They might think something fishy is up but they'll probably stay in because of the 4x advantage. Hydreigon outspeeds all but 4 Fairies (only 2 of which you'll likely be fighting) and can most likely OHKO with Flash Cannon.

My first game was Firered and I had the most trouble in the Elite 4 with Lorelei actually. Basically what I did was spam Shock Wave the entire time with my underleveled Raichu (I evolved him as soon as I found the Thunderstone so no Thunderbolt) since he was the only one who could do anything to her team. I was like 8 or 9 so don't judge me too hard, haha.
My first game was Leafgreen. Up until a few months ago I could never beat it, the closest I camewas defeating the rock/foghting elite four guy. But I eventualky beat it, and was able to get MewTwo.
Why cnt my Giratina relearn Destiny Bond(Platinum)?
(Jul. 02, 2014  10:32 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Why cnt my Giratina relearn Destiny Bond(Platinum)?
did you go to the old man yet to relearn moves?
(Jul. 03, 2014  12:04 AM)Pokemo Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2014  10:32 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Why cnt my Giratina relearn Destiny Bond(Platinum)?
did you go to the old man yet to relearn moves?

Yeah,I did.I traded one of my Giratina to black 2,went to the relearner and found lots of moves(destiny bond,shadow sneak)that he can't learn in platinum...
Different games have different teachable moves.
This dude must have prayed to the HAX GODS, cause I have never been this unlucky.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-139228027

1 Will-O-Wisp miss, 1 Hydro Pump miss, 5 Paralyzes (I only broke through para once), and 3 Crits.
(Jul. 08, 2014  7:55 PM)Zancrow Wrote: This dude must have prayed to the HAX GODS, cause I have never been this unlucky.

1 Will-O-Wisp miss, 1 Hydro Pump miss, 5 Paralyzes (I only broke through para once), and 3 Crits.
wow, lol i have never been that lucky! im speechless now. IM SURE NOW HE HACKED!
(Jul. 09, 2014  2:06 AM)P!kachu Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2014  7:55 PM)Zancrow Wrote: This dude must have prayed to the HAX GODS, cause I have never been this unlucky.

wow, lol i have never been that lucky! im speechless now. IM SURE NOW HE HACKED!

THAT SITE IS THE BEST DAMN POKEMON SITE I'VE EVER BEEN TO!!!I'm new though,so I lost 3 won 2.
How's Dragonite for competitive play?Probably better than Charizard.
(Aug. 05, 2014  11:47 PM)King K.Streak Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2014  2:06 AM)P!kachu Wrote:

THAT SITE IS THE BEST DAMN POKEMON SITE I'VE EVER BEEN TO!!!I'm new though,so I lost 3 won 2.
How's Dragonite for competitive play?Probably better than Charizard.
it's okay I should also recommend hydregion and garchomp too.