General Competitive Pokemon Topic

Slack Off would be better than rest because you don't fall asleep.Slack Off+Leftovers=REALLY annoying!
IDK if this is off topic,but does anyone know where to find leftovers in Pokemon platinum and Black2?
The point of using rest is to heal from status like poison, which can cripple any defensive wall.

Platinum: Victory Road
Black 2: Castelia Sewers
(Jun. 10, 2014  4:55 PM)Bastion Wrote: The point of using rest is to heal from status like poison, which can cripple any defensive wall.

Platinum: Victory Road
Black 2: Castelia Sewers

Oh yeah,I forgot about status troubles!
Thxz for the info.
(Jun. 10, 2014  4:33 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Slack Off would be better than rest because you don't fall asleep.Slack Off+Leftovers=REALLY annoying!
IDK if this is off topic,but does anyone know where to find leftovers in Pokemon platinum and Black2?

Except that Slack Off only heals 50% health and Shuckle can't learn it. Rest is the only option.

I don't like using Rest unless I can RestoChesto, and I need the Sitrus Berry to regain health automatically after surviving a hit with Sturdy. Otherwise, the Pokemon weakened by Power Split will just hit Shuckle with a priority move before it can use Toxic. I also have Gastro Acid if someone happens to have an annoying Ability, or if I'm using Slaking/Regigigas in a Double or Triple Battle. The last move is Protect, because it's super annoying and can give Toxic a chance to get started on the opponent's health, at least for one or two turns.
My shuckle is my calling card. He's my first pokemon out. I've now changed his move set to benefit the rest of my team:
Toxic
Power split
Infestation
Sticky web

After shuckle dies and uses sticky web, I bring out a pokemon that knows stealth rock, then skarmory for spikes 3 times.
(Jun. 10, 2014  6:39 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  4:33 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Slack Off would be better than rest because you don't fall asleep.Slack Off+Leftovers=REALLY annoying!

Except that Slack Off only heals 50% health and Shuckle can't learn it. Rest is the only option.

I don't like using Rest unless I can RestoChesto, and I need the Sitrus Berry to regain health automatically after surviving a hit with Sturdy. Otherwise, the Pokemon weakened by Power Split will just hit Shuckle with a priority move before it can use Toxic. I also have Gastro Acid if someone happens to have an annoying Ability, or if I'm using Slaking/Regigigas in a Double or Triple Battle. The last move is Protect, because it's super annoying and can give Toxic a chance to get started on the opponent's health, at least for one or two turns.

Considering you don't seem to have a problem with using evasion moves, why not equip double team on EVERY member of your team?
That awkward moment when you run into somebody who is running almost the exact same team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-129644703

Well at least knowing all his sets helped for the win, lol.
(Jun. 11, 2014  2:29 AM)Zancrow Wrote: That awkward moment when you run into somebody who is running almost the exact same team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-129644703

Well at least knowing all his sets helped for the win, lol.
WOW... That Arceus was plain cheap. Go Arceus!!! Using recover all the time man...
Ahh that takes me back to the days when I was younger and me and my friends LOVED to use action replay and get tons of Lv. 100, shiny Arceus. Then we would have a slow, boring, battle. Doesn't that sound like FUN kids?
(Jun. 12, 2014  4:45 AM)Flambo. Wrote: Ahh that takes me back to the days when I was younger and me and my friends LOVED to use action replay and get tons of Lv. 100, shiny Arceus. Then we would have a slow, boring, battle. Doesn't that sound like FUN kids?

Pretty boring to me(JK)
Just finished catching 20 different forms of unownXD
Does anyonw know if Dugtrio can learn Mean Look?It's ability Arena Trap isn't enough to stop anyone but Zapados...
(Jun. 12, 2014  1:24 AM)Pokemo Wrote: WOW... That Arceus was plain cheap. Go Arceus!!! Using recover all the time man...

Honestly, pretty much ALL Arceus sets are cheap in a way. Arceus is ridiculously bulky, fast, and strong. If not for the Paralyze, I most likely would have swept him lol.
I have a Zoroark and I have a gengar at the end of my party. So when I send out Zoroark, it looks like a gengar. And I trollz because everyone will try to use psychic type moves since they see gengar, but zoroark is a dark type and is immune to psychic type moves.
That's actually pretty smart. Zoroark is one of my favorite Pokemon. But I'm not sure if it's stats are any good for competitive play. Maybe you just have to know how to use it right.
After that you use a move that raises special attack multiple times as opponents try to use psychic moves, then use a special attack like night daze.
(Jun. 16, 2014  5:26 PM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: After that you use a move that raises special attack multiple times as opponents try to use psychic moves, then use a special attack like night daze.

You probably won't be able to use it multiple times, because the first time Psychic/Psyshock/Zen Headbutt/ whatever doesn't work they'll realize it's Zororark. But if they don't attack you I'm pretty sure a decent amount of people wouldn't second guess a Gengar using Nasty Plot.
(Jun. 12, 2014  6:30 PM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2014  1:24 AM)Pokemo Wrote: WOW... That Arceus was plain cheap. Go Arceus!!! Using recover all the time man...

Honestly, pretty much ALL Arceus sets are cheap in a way. Arceus is ridiculously bulky, fast, and strong. If not for the Paralyze, I most likely would have swept him lol.
It is the cheapest of them all... look at the stats http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/arceus
(Jun. 16, 2014  8:56 PM)Pokemo Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2014  6:30 PM)Zancrow Wrote:

It is the cheapest of them all... look at the stats http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/arceus

Well, it IS the Pokemon god.

(Jun. 16, 2014  5:40 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  5:26 PM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: After that you use a move that raises special attack multiple times as opponents try to use psychic moves, then use a special attack like night daze.

You probably won't be able to use it multiple times, because the first time Psychic/Psyshock/Zen Headbutt/ whatever doesn't work they'll realize it's Zororark. But if they don't attack you I'm pretty sure a decent amount of people wouldn't second guess a Gengar using Nasty Plot.

I'll keep that in mind. I think I still have nasty plot on my Zoroark.

Anyways, what are everyone's thoughts on metronome? Should I spend all of my PP ups on it?
(Jun. 16, 2014  10:47 PM)Kalthesuperior Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  8:56 PM)Pokemo Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2014  6:30 PM)Zancrow Wrote: Honestly, pretty much ALL Arceus sets are cheap in a way. Arceus is ridiculously bulky, fast, and strong. If not for the Paralyze, I most likely would have swept him lol.

(Jun. 16, 2014  5:40 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:

Anyways, what are everyone's thoughts on metronome? Should I spend all of my PP ups on it?
yess!! It can use any move (but be careful, there are bad moves)
(Jun. 16, 2014  11:07 PM)Pokemo Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  10:47 PM)Kalthesuperior Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  8:56 PM)Pokemo Wrote: It is the cheapest of them all... look at the stats http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/arceus

(Jun. 16, 2014  5:40 PM)Woumb@ Wrote: You probably won't be able to use it multiple times, because the first time Psychic/Psyshock/Zen Headbutt/ whatever doesn't work they'll realize it's Zororark. But if they don't attack you I'm pretty sure a decent amount of people wouldn't second guess a Gengar using Nasty Plot.

Like explosion or selfdestruct? Splash? There's a list of them.
(Jun. 17, 2014  12:12 AM)Kalthesuperior Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  11:07 PM)Pokemo Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2014  10:47 PM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: Well, it IS the Pokemon god.

Like explosion or selfdestruct? Splash? There's a list of them.
nah, much worse, memento and bestow
I never liked Zoroark tbh. The gimmick isn't really that great. I always found him a waste of a spot especially since opponents see your team before battle and see it coming.

I just love to use Infernape in battles, the speed and the power (Jolly Iron Fist 5 IV EV's Maxed in Attack and Speed). Although my team consists of a few two many physical attackers right now so I'm going to fix that soon. Probably going to switch out my Dragonite for a wall like Skarmory so I can also have something to set up spikes and annoy my opponent.
(Jun. 17, 2014  1:21 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I just love to use Infernape in battles, the speed and the power (Jolly Iron Fist 5 IV EV's Maxed in Attack and Speed). Although my team consists of a few two many physical attackers right now so I'm going to fix that soon. Probably going to switch out my Dragonite for a wall like Skarmory so I can also have something to set up spikes and annoy my opponent.

Spikes isn't that useful. You have to use it three times before it does any considerable damage. Besides, flying pokemon are unaffected by spikes. Use stealth rock instead.
just because SR is quick to set up doesn't mean Spikes isn't useful, especially with the amount of set damage you're inflicting per layer rather than type-dependent as with SR.

metronome are you serious lmao no

(Jun. 17, 2014  1:21 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I never liked Zoroark tbh. The gimmick isn't really that great. I always found him a waste of a spot especially since opponents see your team before battle and see it coming.

exactly.
Team Preview defeats the point of Zoroark and don't tell me people won't see that kind of switch because it's incredibly obvious.
While I agree with you about Infernape,Zoroark has great stats.I use a similar technique but like this:
Infernape in the back,
Zoroark in the front,
Idiot uses Physic type move,
Zoroark uses Night Daze,
Guess who wins...
Anyway,Zoroark can be a great asset in beating Caitlin and the Ghost-type user of the Elite 4.
Zoroark's ability will only confuse your opponent for 1 turn anyways. Not to mention it's terrible stats.