General Competitive Pokemon Topic

Before you redirect me to the X and Y thread, I have one thing to say. This thread is everything about competitive play in the Pokemon video games. Post about your team, how many matches you've played, or EV and IV training. Sure the X and Y thread had stuff like this, but that was only about Pokemon X and Y. When Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out that thread will only be about those games. What I'm trying to say is this thread is about EVERYTHING competitive play in every new Pokemon game. So yeah post about your competitive battling.
inb4 boring, unimaginative cookie cutter smogon builds
(Jun. 07, 2014  1:27 AM)Bastion Wrote: inb4 boring, unimaginative cookie cutter smogon builds

Lol my Pokemon are usually anything but unimaginative and cookie-cutter. Apparently I'm the only one who uses Physical Greninja. People always say it has better Special coverage but honestly they're about equal, minus Hidden Power. Special has Water, Ice, Psychic, Dark, and Grass, while Physical has Water, Dark, Flying, Bug, Rock, and arguably Ghost and Fighting too. My Greninja is Jolly and has Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken, Rock Slide, and U-Turn.

I actually used this in a battle against Thunder Dome, and it took out his Washing Machine Rotom before getting Mach Punched by his Infernape. Simulator =/= actual wi-fi battle.
Rock slide murdered Rotom-W lol. Forgot if he had full HP or not though. That's what's I get for not having a 5+ IV Rotom. The rest of my team is though. I'm excited to see how VGC 2014 Worlds turn out this year. I'm probably gonna try to step up to doubles soon because I want to try to go to official VGC tournies in the next season. Although everytime is about the same, while singles can be unpredictable sometimes. Btw I love Infernape this gen, he works so good. I use Jolly nature with iron fist, although my move set is pretty standard on it.
I wish I could go to the VG or TCG championships. I've never been able to go because of how far it is from where I live. But I would probably lose anyway. XD
Sorry about the double post, but here's me owning some ubers with my sun team.
(Jun. 07, 2014  8:55 PM)Flambo. Wrote: Sorry about the double post, but here's me owning some ubers with my sun team.

Hahaha, the way he said "let me win" and "you suck".
AND a whirlpool on his mew, that's just embarassing.
The funny thing is, while I was battling, I had no idea there was a chat XD he kept on telling me "talk back". At the end when I realized I said "Good game." and he then left in anger.
lol pointless use of Psych Up and several ineffective/not very effective moves...

I sort of do competitive play, I've spent quite a while on EV training and reworking movesets and generally building teams, but I haven't made a huge effort towards breeding in max IVs. I've been working on better breeding lately, but for the most part my Pokemon don't have all that great IVs, and I'm too lazy to breed and re-train completely new Pokemon Uncertain

Another problem I have with getting into competitive play is that I can't really afford to get new games. I still do not have Pokemon X or Y, or even have a 3DS for that matter, which is more than a little upsetting as I've gotten some flak from my friends over the fact that I'm falling behind.

To summarize, I'd say that I'm way beyond a casual player, but not quite up to competitive level.
I make teams(lots)of pokemon that work well with each other and they have good movesets.Here's 1:
Infernape Lv.100Flare Blitz,Blast Burn,Close Combat,Overheat
Zoroark Lv.100Hyper Voice,Punishment,Foul Play,Night Daze
Swanna Lv.95Hurricane,Dive,Fly,Surf
Ampharos Lv.93Thunder,ThunderBolr,Thunder Wave,Strength
Black Kyurem Lv.83Fusion Bolt,Freeze Shock,Blizzard,Endeavor
Random Pokemon I wanna train I use as my 6th Pokemon.
Somebody rate my team and movesets.I've beaten the elite 4 over 19 times with this team!
Generally speaking competetive play means vs another human opponent
I know that.Just sayin'.I've only lost 1 battle against this guy with Serperior and others I forgot.Other than that,I've won 92 battles.Trying to get 100 in a row...
92 battles against humans or NPCs?

A 92 streak against human opponents is pretty good, against NPCs, meh. Since you seem to be at a post-endgame stage, as long as you don't go looking for trouble with an unusually weak team, you should be fine.

Though the Super trains and the Battle Challenge or whatever can be really tricky. It took a while to beat the Battle Challenge flawlessly and get all my stars. I finally did it with my Sandstorm team (I'll dig out my DS and post it tomorrow)
(Jun. 08, 2014  2:27 AM)Cake Wrote: 92 battles against humans or NPCs?

A 92 streak against human opponents is pretty good, against NPCs, meh. Since you seem to be at a post-endgame stage, as long as you don't go looking for trouble with an unusually weak team, you should be fine.

Though the Super trains and the Battle Challenge or whatever can be really tricky. It took a while to beat the Battle Challenge flawlessly and get all my stars. I finally did it with my Sandstorm team (I'll dig out my DS and post it tomorrow)

Lol the NPCs aren't good at all. Even in the Maison (since I never played subway much) they don't think to switch Pokemon even when they're locked into a move that can't hit me, or have been hit by Entertainment from Truant Durant.
I've laddered before when I have the time for it and even though I've been out of it for a while I'm still pretty good if I say so myself.

One of my fun sweeps: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-81530818
diggersby tho
Wow, you annihilated him! That is one of the fastest battles I have ever seen. Diggersby's on steroids...
Against humans.Even if that team I posted gets switched out with weak pokemon,my battle box is made up of legendaries(some from other regions).That way,I'll never be vulnerable!Can somebody rate my team and movesets?
If you want to enter tournaments and stuff, most legendaries are banned. There is only a small handful that are allowed. Some being Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latias/os, Thunderus, Tornadus, Landerus, and I think Zygarde too.
Banning pokemon is unfair!
Current battle box:
Latios
Giratina
Dialga
Cressilia
Registeel
Palkia
Banning pokemon balances out the game. It helps so the legends like Arceus can't wreck and destroy everything. Plus, if all Pokemon were unbanned, then EVERYONE would be using pokemon like Darkrai and Arceus. A battle between two extremely powerful pokemon is basically a stalemate.
Having legendaries and using them with skill are 2 different things...Half the people in the pokemon world with legendaries don't use them effectively.So in that sense,only the skillful legendary trainers would survive...
Here's the issue - it's not the half that doesn't know how to battle properly that you worry about, it's the other half that DOES know how to battle properly that is a problem. Endless teams of Darkrai/Arceus is not interesting and would make the metagame extraordinarily boring.
Thatis true,but those pokemon are event only.We would most likely see parties of Mespirit,Moltres,Zekrom,Giratina,etc...These pokemon are easily obtainable through regular game events.After awhile,people would go back to regular because regular pokemon could easily destroy legendaries with one hit!
Hey guys,im just saying,not arguingTongue_out
(Jun. 08, 2014  6:37 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Thatis true,but those pokemon are event only.We would most likely see parties of Mespirit,Moltres,Zekrom,Giratina,etc...These pokemon are easily obtainable through regular game events.After awhile,people would go back to regular because regular pokemon could easily destroy legendaries with one hit!
Hey guys,im just saying,not arguingTongue_out

wut
My Infernape tears legendaries up!1-HIT KO's to them!