General Burst Combo Discussion

As the person who had used Valkyrie Heavy Revolve at Dual Layers, Dual Fun! to win against JesseObre's Deathscyther Heavy Revolve, I could definitely say it does its job at bursting stationary Deathscyther, as does Valkyrie Heavy Gyro or Valkyrie Heavy Survive. Obviously more stamina and LAD than the two, as expected.
Yeah lets talk about the combo of the person who got third and not the combo of the person who won the whole tournament (VHN)...
(Apr. 27, 2016  12:20 AM)Ultra Wrote: Yeah lets talk about the combo of the person who got third and not the combo of the person who won the whole tournament (VHN)...

Which tournament are you talking about?
Winter's Chill from London
(Apr. 27, 2016  12:20 AM)Ultra Wrote: Yeah lets talk about the combo of the person who got third and not the combo of the person who won the whole tournament (VHN)...

Do you mean Valkyrie Spread Needle, then? There's no VHN in the winning combos for that tournament. That said, if you wanna talk about it, then talk about it.
Sorry yes I meant VSN.
So will you tell us about it? Would like to hear your thoughts.
Well I feel it's better than using Survive or some other stationary driver. The speed that it has helps in bursting the other beyblade. There's the risk that if you don't hit the other beyblade enough times you'll just get outspun but it's not a great risk from what i've found. I did some testing last night:

Valkyrie Spread Needle vs Deathscyther Spread Gyro

B-08 stadium
2 Light Launchers
Valkyrie and Deathscyther in good condition
Valkyrie launched second

VSN - 8/10
DSG - 2/10

The only times when VSN lost is as I described where it couldn't get enough good hits in to burst DSG. It won against DSR and another stationary attack combo in the finals of the tourney so it works quite well.
Is there any good combo with ragnaruk? (for those ones who test it
(Apr. 27, 2016  5:08 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Is there any good combo with ragnaruk? (for those ones who test it

I dont think there are many, if any, though IIRC someone won a tourney using it unconstumized..
(Apr. 27, 2016  7:56 AM)Ultra Wrote: Well I feel it's better than using Survive or some other stationary driver. The speed that it has helps in bursting the other beyblade. There's the risk that if you don't hit the other beyblade enough times you'll just get outspun but it's not a great risk from what i've found. I did some testing last night:

Valkyrie Spread Needle vs Deathscyther Spread Gyro

B-08 stadium
2 Light Launchers
Valkyrie and Deathscyther in good condition
Valkyrie launched second

VSN - 8/10
DSG - 2/10

The only times when VSN lost is as I described where it couldn't get enough good hits in to burst DSG. It won against DSR and another stationary attack combo in the finals of the tourney so it works quite well.

Really cool, thanks for sharing. I haven't used Needle much myself. Any insight on why you went with Spread?
I don't know whether it's true to a significant extent but i've always thought that it's shape makes it less burstable than Heavy.
Could someone test these combos? i'm interested.

(Victory Valkyrie/Obelisk Odin) Knuckle (Gyro/Revolve)

I feel like they could be the new best attack/stamina hybrid(s).
(Apr. 27, 2016  5:08 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Is there any good combo with ragnaruk? (for those ones who test it

not yet the best used I found is in Ragnaruk Spred/heavy Blow/Accel (I have to try Gyro and Zephyr I just get those parts) and have an average win rate of 45%. It's hard to find it a good used for competition. it's just not enough consistent.

could be used as fun combintation.
Thanks for the answers guys!

One more thing, I was wondering if someone tested Unite, because I didn't see anything on spriggan thread saying if it's good or bad
I did test it in a blitz of random tests and even though the unpredictability of its movement was nice, it has too little stamina for anything, in my opinion.
I think it may worthwhile to revisit Unite when it's in a more worn state, as it's like a super aggro CS when near mint. After some substantial use it will probably wear out the rubber some and make it more passive with better Stamina.
I don't know if the rubber can possibly wear down enough ... the plastic part just doesn't extend far enough.
Hello,

I just read the dual layer testing posts. So, did I miss something or the dual layer are non-competitive against the first burst generation layers? (Except VV)
Is it worth importating them? Or is it better to put money in first generation parts?
Probably some disk and driver from the 2nd generation are quite essential?

Thank you !!
(May. 12, 2016  10:40 AM)Anajinn ア ナ ジ ン Wrote: I just read the dual layer testing posts. So, did I miss something or the dual layer are non-competitive against the first burst generation layers? (Except VV)
Is it worth importating them? Or is it better to put money in first generation parts?
Probably some disk and driver from the 2nd generation are quite essential?

Thank you !!

The Dual Layers aren't great, and even Victory Valkryie is just ok. The only great parts are Gravity and Revolve, which are from Rising Ragnaruk. That is the only must need part from Dual Layers ATM.
Has anyone tried stationary attack against DHD instead of against DHR?
(Jun. 27, 2016  4:48 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Has anyone tried stationary attack against DHD instead of against DHR?

Yes, it was very common before DHR was released. It's also effective.
Great. I'm entering a tournament in a few days in Saitama. I'm either expecting a whole bunch of uncustomized Xeno Xcaliburs or a whole bunch of DHD. For some reason I'm afraid to go with OHD so I should probably pick up a brand new Valkyrie before the event starts.
(Jun. 27, 2016  5:08 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Great. I'm entering a tournament in a few days in Saitama. I'm either expecting a whole bunch of uncustomized Xeno Xcaliburs or a whole bunch of DHD. For some reason I'm afraid to go with OHD so I should probably pick up a brand new Valkyrie before the event starts.

Go for it! Hope you have a good time!
(Jun. 27, 2016  5:08 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Great. I'm entering a tournament in a few days in Saitama. I'm either expecting a whole bunch of uncustomized Xeno Xcaliburs or a whole bunch of DHD. For some reason I'm afraid to go with OHD so I should probably pick up a brand new Valkyrie before the event starts.

More like 5 Tongue_out_wink

But as Mitsu, said; go for it! Valkryie can definitely counter DeathScyther (efficiently), and I would say to use Valkryie Spread/Heavy Revolve Smile