Gaming Random Thoughts

I will say this, the only notable PSP games are the ones that had successful control schemes. And there is a lot, contrary to public belief.

I've mentioned various times my feelings towards Piracy on the hand-held. It's foolish to think that if Piracy wasn't as rampant that the PSP would be were it is now. Sales probably would be lower, but you know developers outside of Japan and Sony's internal stuff would still be making worth while games. Sony has tried to address these hackers but its' no use. I suspect PSP V2 will be more limited in customization because of this. I suspect the only way to get firmware updates will be through WiFi or PS3 transmits. Along with adopting the PS3's "Need Newest Firmware To Get On PSN" approach.

I've said it various times. Piracy killed the greatest handheld commercially today. What we see here is its' corpse, not yet rotting but after 2009 I'm willing to bet it will be.
I haven't lost hope for the PSP just yet. I think with its rising popularity here and in Japan as of late developers have started to look more seriously into making games for the system, but more importantly, games that make sense on the system.

Stuff like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable, which take advantage of the wireless multiplayer to great effect, have been selling like mad in Japan and I only hope that more developers start to look at making games with that "four people getting together" mentality. Its what made Pokemon and the Game Boy such a huge hit and I'm stunned its taken PSP developers this long to figure it out.

There really are only a handful or so games on the system that are really worth playing. God of War, the two GTA games, Crisis Core, Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, Lumines I&II, the Wipeout games, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Patapon, LocoRoco and... Umm... That's about all I can think of. For a system that's been out for close to three years now, that's not a very wide selection.

Greatest handheld commercially? I don't know about that (The DS' insane sales numbers month after month beg to differ), but I do know that the PSP is a quality piece of machinery with a huge problem and its sad to see that things have turned out as they have, although not altogether surprising. Nintendo has been king of the handheld market for as long as I can remember, and they aren't showing any signs of stopping, but that doesn't mean the PSP isn't successful, because it clearly is. Its just not up to Juggernaut status like the DS/DSi.
MONSTER HUNTER MONSTER HUNTER MONSTER HUNTER

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is expected to come out in the Spring (it's a revamped Freedom 2, AKA Portable 2ndG) and the English release has Wi-Fi by connecting to the PS3. It's not ideal, but it's a step in the right direction to bring more interest to the game outside of Japan. The reason why the game has been doing so well in Japan is because of the easiness of social gathering in the densely populated country.

I'd go crazy if LBP comes out, not enough people here in my town have a PS3.
(Nov. 26, 2008  5:22 AM)Elmo Wrote: not enough people here in my town have a PS3.

Oh the snarky comments I could make about this statement. lmao
(Nov. 25, 2008  9:11 AM)To Wrote: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/h...o-blowout/

I'd be all over LBP PSP, and Motorstorm PSP. It also fits with Yoshida's 2009 will be the year that people will say "That's on PSP?!?!", but hey, Im sure they could get more people gawking in amazement if they got a Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and you know, VaporWare Limited's Gran Turismo Mobile. on the hand-held.

Other stuff doesn't really interest me, I like Uncharted (but carp, I wanted a Next-Gen Jak & Daxter Naughty Dog), and GoW, but Im still iffy on Killzone 2. And a cheaper PS3 does me no good since I already have one.

But that stuff only applies if this stuff is actually true...
To, man theres too many great games out-right-now man, don't sweat it too much. Still from only playing Daxter, I think it be awsome to have another Jak game.

Also Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 are in the pipe. oh carp, i doubt I'll play it but resistance retribution is looking fine too.

(Nov. 26, 2008  12:07 AM)Roan Wrote: I haven't lost hope for the PSP just yet. I think with its rising popularity here and in Japan as of late developers have started to look more seriously into making games for the system, but more importantly, games that make sense on the system.

Stuff like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable, which take advantage of the wireless multiplayer to great effect, have been selling like mad in Japan and I only hope that more developers start to look at making games with that "four people getting together" mentality. Its what made Pokemon and the Game Boy such a huge hit and I'm stunned its taken PSP developers this long to figure it out.

There really are only a handful or so games on the system that are really worth playing. God of War, the two GTA games, Crisis Core, Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, Lumines I&II, the Wipeout games, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Patapon, LocoRoco and... Umm... That's about all I can think of.
This.

then to that list, its worth adding racers like Burnout ledgends, Midnight Club games, Ridge Racer, as well as both Socom games, mgs ac!d, Space Invaders(pure sweetness), the puzzler crush, echochrome. oh yeah lolol the very hard KIllzone: Liberation too
and ?Monster Hunter Smile

but guys I think that the psp library now is actually competitve with the DS (i took a quick peek at metacritic, both haveing about 120 titles with scores avg 75 and up) which these days like the wii has too much shovelware. still this is not a counter point or anything
I agree piracy is the problem, theres a serious lack of dev.mnt for the platform.
Also Sony's marketing deparment is not doing their jobe esp. compared to 360(the best (except for those weird head ones) for example the make the multiplatform titles seem exclusive) and wii commercials

at the end of the day though, I feel that I have more than enough games to play. As long as they are good idc if they are old

also fyi GBA priced dropped in canada to less than 5 dollarsSmileSmileSmile

and if you didn't already see it: new PSP ad campaign finally seem to be picking up the ball they dropped, anyone remember the cool franz ferdinand ad the had...
For me, the PSP seems better than the DS. I lost interest in the DS very fast, probably due to its game pool (which I didn't like very much). Animal Crossing WW was typical of Animal Crossing. Metroid Prime Hunters was cool, but only having a limited number of characters without anything being able to be added was a turn-off.

I actually am interested in Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Portable, Burnout Legends, etc. Also there's this one Gundam game that lets you choose from 200+ giant robots and can customize, I believe.

Also the multimedia. Movies and music are a big thing, because I'm constantly listening to my walkman phone or watching (horribly converted/small/artifacts are there ugh) movies. Big screen too, I don't have to strain my eyes.
"dont touch carp that doesnt belong to you you are never allowed on the internet again"

yay
(Nov. 26, 2008  5:56 PM)Sam Wrote: "dont touch carp that doesnt belong to you you are never allowed on the internet again"

yay

????
(Nov. 26, 2008  12:07 AM)Roan Wrote: Greatest handheld commercially? I don't know about that (The DS' insane sales numbers month after month beg to differ), but I do know that the PSP is a quality piece of machinery with a huge problem and its sad to see that things have turned out as they have, although not altogether surprising. Nintendo has been king of the handheld market for as long as I can remember, and they aren't showing any signs of stopping, but that doesn't mean the PSP isn't successful, because it clearly is. Its just not up to Juggernaut status like the DS/DSi.

Sales doesn't mean greatness. Or else it would be the 360 that is first and the Wii in last in terms of sales.

And I don't agree that Western are getting on the PSP. I can't name a single big Western developed game that isn't First Party on the PSP. Every game I want or am interested in on the handheld is made by the Japanese... I'd love for Ready At Dawn to come back as a Third Party and unleash a new IP for the PSP. Although Dead Head Fred is flipping awesome. People really need to buy that game, I believe it's on the PSN for less then $20.
Man, I forgot how great of a game Jeanne D'Arc is (for the PSP). I'm currently close to finishing it, it's seriously one of the most fun games ever.

I'm actually upset because I'm so close to finishing it, it'll be over and I'll be stuck with Crisis Core

Which I've played, like, three times already
I'm remaking a map off Battlefield 2 on Far Cry 2's map editor.
I have nooooooo idea how to post pics but if I find out I can try to get some up.
Just want to say that the map editor is godly beyond belief and basically lets you do whatever your mind is capable of thinking up.
It was frustrating to use at first, but it took all of..maybe 30 minutes until I knew where all the tools and such were.
The OST For Sonic Unleashed is pretty nice. Oh and the day stages too.
Im definitely getting banned so this will be my only post most likely. The bias from artie and roan is........ astounding, seriously, you even stepped out and said you love 360. Tell me, you have gears series and halo series. how can you even think that warrants you enough to say its the 2nd best console ever. they keep milking halo, carp you got halo wars, halo 3 recon AND most likely halo 4. i keep telling you, they milk the carp out of a single series. and yes, brad is also biased. why choose 360 over ps3? i cant see why.

Honestly, your gears and halo vs our God of war, metal gear series, final fantasy 13 vs (you wish you were getting this game) and so much more.

Oh and my favorite topic, quoting roan on killzone 2. carp blind fanboy. Sersiously you are in denial. How are you gonna say kz2 is generic. That and oh itz too darkz are typical xbot responses to killzone 2. Come on roan. I want to see your tears when killzone 2 gets a 95 + on metacritic.

Oh, and R2 scored same as gears 2 @ IGN and littlebigplanet got game of the month and a .5 higher score than gears 2 in gameinformer. and this is 08. most likely lbp or mgs4 is taking goty 08 and how can something like killzone 2 and god of war 3 take goty09. Thats right artie, roan and brad. eat your hearts out. im sure you will be once february comes. oh i forgot youll just be in denial that killzone 2 sucks and isnt the best fps ever.
(Nov. 28, 2008  5:10 PM)bias on beywiki Wrote: Im definitely getting banned so this will be my only post

bias on beywiki: Post count 2

You lied to me Brandok!! T^T
how the carp am i biased

the only systems i own is a nintendo ds i never use, a ps2 and a gamecube
Don't you have a life outside of trolling people? All that ever comes out of your mouth is senseless trash talk that does nothing but prove you're even more of an asshat than we already knew you were.

Get a life.
I honestly don't believe it's him anymore. He's been banned months ago. If I were him I would have forgotten about this place...
(Nov. 29, 2008  5:42 AM)To Wrote: I honestly don't believe it's him anymore. He's been banned months ago.

surprise people can re-register
(Nov. 28, 2008  5:10 PM)bias on beywiki Wrote: Im definitely getting banned so this will be my only post most likely. The bias from artie and roan is........ astounding, seriously, you even stepped out and said you love 360. Tell me, you have gears series and halo series. how can you even think that warrants you enough to say its the 2nd best console ever. they keep milking halo, carp you got halo wars, halo 3 recon AND most likely halo 4. i keep telling you, they milk the carp out of a single series. and yes, brad is also biased. why choose 360 over ps3? i cant see why.

Honestly, your gears and halo vs our God of war, metal gear series, final fantasy 13 vs (you wish you were getting this game) and so much more.

Oh and my favorite topic, quoting roan on killzone 2. carp blind fanboy. Sersiously you are in denial. How are you gonna say kz2 is generic. That and oh itz too darkz are typical xbot responses to killzone 2. Come on roan. I want to see your tears when killzone 2 gets a 95 + on metacritic.

Oh, and R2 scored same as gears 2 @ IGN and littlebigplanet got game of the month and a .5 higher score than gears 2 in gameinformer. and this is 08. most likely lbp or mgs4 is taking goty 08 and how can something like killzone 2 and god of war 3 take goty09. Thats right artie, roan and brad. eat your hearts out. im sure you will be once february comes. oh i forgot youll just be in denial that killzone 2 sucks and isnt the best fps ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~etc.

[Image: funny-pictures-lightbulb-cat-get-a-life.jpg]

Also, To, he has a grudge against Roan, and rants about PS3's supposed greatness and how much of a loser life he has

Who else could it seriously be
Why does this guy care so much what consoles people like? Also, are kenny and brandonk the same person? Their posts seem equally... erm, 'weird' should I say? Idk, they just seem along the same lines.
far cry 2 = B

(-) enemies are annoying to fight, takes so long to drive somewhere even if you take the bus most of the way (then if you die for some totally "NO WAY" reason you have to then drive to wherever all over again), no recharging health in 2008 for gods sake, i dont feel as attached to the buddie characters as i am in most other games like this (GTA IV's characters ruled), night time carp owns me, story is carp.

(+) graphics are beatiful, i was driving along and i hit a wildabeast that jumped infront of my car that i didnt see because it was night and it went flying; i was like WHATTTT, when the buddie system works: it works (killing my friend to ease his pain when he was injured made me sad), rpg elements (your guns and whatnot) do like, map editor is insane for a console game (!!!!).
^ yessssssss sam

far cry is decent if you are someone who can look by the flaws and still enjoy it
because the game certainly has a lot of flaws.
not sure how far you are into the game but it gets really repetitive, too.
personally i would give it a B- , I feel (after beating the game) that some tweaks to game play could easily give it an A

I would probably have given it a B+ if I did not borrow Fable off my friend last night.
Far Cry has NOTHING on Fable. I started playing it at like..9pm, and couldn't put it down until around 2-3AM ><