Gaming Random Thoughts

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sure...?
What? As long as wireless isn't on it won't affect the plane iirc.

Also, I think people are WAY too quick to say "computer addict" about people tbh. A great many of the people that do it are just pissed that they grew up in a time when PCs didn't exist or can't understand them so they insult people that use them a lot. That's what I figure they must think anyways. Watching TV is just as bad as, if not worse than using a computer or playing video games. At least you move your hands/thumbs in video games lol.

It's just that if I wasn't on my PC or games, I'd have to be either working, or doing some boring carp and thinking about how bored I am. That's what I was like before my parents bought me a gameboy and then a PC when I was younger lol.
isn't digimon just a ripoff of pokemon??? its pretty terrible.
(Dec. 01, 2008  12:56 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: isn't digimon just a ripoff of pokemon??? its pretty terrible.

It came before it... That's not to say it's not carp though.

Really, if you missed one episode of the anime it was like "WTF IS GOING ON?!". =/

EDIT: Mining is pretty boring, 82 now though, can't wait 'til runite. =D
(Dec. 01, 2008  12:56 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: isn't digimon just a ripoff of pokemon??? its pretty terrible.

digimon came before pokemon
digimon has very little in common with pokemon
you're dumb
(Dec. 01, 2008  1:20 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Really, if you missed one episode of the anime it was like "WTF IS GOING ON?!". =/

this is because the television show actually had a continuing plot
(Dec. 01, 2008  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

digimon came before pokemon
digimon has very little in common with pokemon
you're dumb

in kindergarten, i once got into a heated debate about how digimon was a rip-off of pokemon, and how both of them were much better than wrestling

it's only until now did i realize i lost on the first part
Does anyone see the DS lite dropping in price soon?
I know there is a DSi coming out but that is basically a DS with a camera and no GBA slot, right? If that's the case I really don't care about it and would rather get rid of my fat DS for a lite.
But to trade in my DS I'd get roughly $40 and Lite's are like 129.99.

:\
GameStop occasionally has trade in deals when trading in older systems for newer ones. If I were you I'd watch out for one of those, I'm sure they'll do one around Christmas.
Double post, I know, but I just checked GameStop's site and they've got a trade up offer going on right now through December 7th where you can trade in a DS Fat and get a Lite for $89.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tra...ffers.aspx

Fourth one from the top.
Ok, serious question.

I've never played Chrono Trigger before. Is it worth buying a DS and the game?
(Dec. 02, 2008  5:16 AM)Roan Wrote: GameStop occasionally has trade in deals when trading in older systems for newer ones. If I were you I'd watch out for one of those, I'm sure they'll do one around Christmas.
Double post, I know, but I just checked GameStop's site and they've got a trade up offer going on right now through December 7th where you can trade in a DS Fat and get a Lite for $89.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tra...ffers.aspx

Fourth one from the top.
Ok, serious question.

I've never played Chrono Trigger before. Is it worth buying a DS and the game?

it's a really good game ... but don't do it
Ugh. Stupid DNS Error. I want Street Fighter Sackboys!!!!!
Well I can get a used DS for $89, which means I can get it with the game for the same price as a new DS...

I dunno, I just really want to play it. I've tried the ROM route before and I just couldn't get into it.
I need to find a used GBA micro or SP, since my DS lite(Ill wait for DSi to replace my DS lite) is nearly down for the count, and my GBA is MIA... I gots to have a nostalga trip!
Ughhh
I don't want to shell out $90 for a longer battery and slightly brighter screen.
Maybe I can trade some games in too.
(Dec. 02, 2008  6:05 AM)Roan Wrote: Well I can get a used DS for $89, which means I can get it with the game for the same price as a new DS...

I dunno, I just really want to play it. I've tried the ROM route before and I just couldn't get into it.

There's plenty of good DS games. Do it.
Augh bug

edit: Yeah I'm really thinking about doing it... I dunno, I'll have to watch my finances. I could get one tomorrow, but I think I'm going to wait until this weekend after I get paid again.
(Dec. 02, 2008  6:17 AM)Blue Wrote: carp, Black Mesa Source!! finally, carp Ill, Im copping this
edit dude uncharted 2 teaser, looking good.

Saw the Uncharted trailer and was happy. Although I would have liked to see Naughty Dog pull off an Insomniac type of mind-set. A Resistance one year (or in ND's case, Uncharted), and a Ratchet (or in ND's case, Jak) the next. Oh well.

Hope that Sucker Punch is still working on Sly PSP and Sly PS3, along with inFAMOUS.
I enjoyed Uncharted, but it had its flaws. I hope the new one rectifies them. I'm looking forward to playing it.
chrono trigger is the best game of all time

edit: that isn't zelda oot
I also hope it helps break the PS3's sequel blahs. I'm finding that the sequels to Sony's first party games have been less then tremendous(but still quality none the less) , key example is Motorstorm Pacific Rift, I did not feel it was worth anything more then a rental since I have the first one (Split-Screen is love though). Nor was I wowed over by Nathan Hale's second trek. Hopefully the extra year can give Naughty Dog another layer of awesome to their game.
(Dec. 02, 2008  8:17 AM)To Wrote: I also hope it helps break the PS3's sequel blahs. I'm finding that the sequels to Sony's first party games have been less then tremendous(but still quality none the less) , key example is Motorstorm Pacific Rift, I did not feel it was worth anything more then a rental since I have the first one (Split-Screen is love though). Nor was I wowed over by Nathan Hale's second trek. Hopefully the extra year can give Naughty Dog another layer of awesome to their game.

its funny you say that, because I am looking forward to getting MSTongue_outR this christmas. except for some vehicle's handling and the crashes its is improved in nearly every way, especially online (yea you have that NDS errorUnhappy) I've played two builds of it but not the final game, and I already like it. but reading and seeing in game pictures in the official thread on neogaf has me sold.

MS1 to me is the funniest racer I've played. Hardest too, but beat it pretty fast imo. Still go back to replay them, especially those night runs on dust devil.
I'm not hating on MotorStorm Pacific Rift, just feeling like it is more of a MotorStorm 1.5 then a MotorStorm 2. I believe had Evolution taken a year off they could have blown my socks off with a game that truly expanded and changed. Instead they gave me what I deem as minimal improvements (improvements none the less though). That said depending on what TRU has on Saturday I may pick it up in the B2G1F event.

For Resistance 2, I think it may be just me not liking shooters. It is a quality game, and better then the first in nearly every way, and Insomniac did give me much more then what I wanted. Just that maybe for me it's a loss cause. Which is why I don't talk about Resistance, or it's sequel much.

Those "Canada plays PSP" ads are awesome. Same with the apartment of PS3.
any one got gh:wt?? if so whats ur hight scores
360 Outsold PS3 3:1 over Black Friday

I told you guys, PS3 really, really needs a price cut to stay competitive this holiday. We don't have the full picture just yet as this is word from Microsoft and it is surely spun to hell, but mid-December when the NPD's release I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this momentum continue or grow stronger.