Gaming Random Thoughts

Sound Shapes

ssoooooogoood.gif
Hm, it just occurred to me how complicated the game 999 actually is. Everything ties into the base (the number 9). Hence the name, the nonary games. Nona being nine. But to my point, even the simple statement "I am Zero" can be tied back to nine. "I" is the ninth letter in the alphabet.

Uh, anyone else played the game yet?

Snake is so class:
999 is hard
My cousin owns it
(Aug. 18, 2012  11:52 AM)Beychamp76 Wrote: 999 is hard
My cousin owns it

Its not really hard for me, except for the head puzzle in the torture room. If you listen to all the hints from your companions in the room, it is fairly easy. And you have to pay attention when people are explaining things too. Scanning the room thoroughly also helps. I've beaten it all six times.
I still can't beat Doom's Bride in Catherine. She climbs towers on a much faster rate than the earlier bosses. I ain't scared (she's just like the Corpse Bride) but the thing is, the difficulty of the stage sends me chills. Literally.
Hah, you're gonna have trouble against Vincent's Shadow, then.

What difficulty are you on? If it's not easy, you just might wanna go down a notch. There's no shame in that, everybody has a level in a certain game they just plainly suck at. It's the circle of life.
^
Normal Mode dude...but I'd like to stay in Normal because I want to unlock Menhir and Obelisk in Babel. Thanks for warning me about the Shadow of Vincent.

Meanwhile...I decided to return playing Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition (from the HD Collection) because I want to finish Heaven or Hell mode with Dante. Joyful_3 He isn't as fun as Vergil IMO. XD
(Aug. 20, 2012  5:34 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

Hunh...didn't know TWEWY is getting a sequel.

More excellent news Grin Now both my favourite games are getting sequels (999 too!) but unfortunately thats for 3DS.
(Aug. 20, 2012  5:43 AM)Adele L. Adkins Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2012  5:34 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

More excellent news Grin Now both my favourite games are getting sequels (999 too!) but unfortunately thats for 3DS.
I know that feel sis,
Me: Yo man, Dream Drop Distance came out
Bro: Cool.
(watches commercial)
Nintendo 3ds!
Me: Screw this carp!
The 3DS is actually quite worth the money, especially now that they've cut the price down, at least according to me.

More so than the Vita, if you ask me. I only got one so I could eventually play Persona 4: Golden, but, right now, there pretty much are no games actually worth it.
Given you've never owned a PSP, I'd imagine a Vita would be a great option for you. Play all those other Persona games.
...What, you mean the series didn't start from number 3 and then continued from there? How odd...

Are Persona 1 and 2 (I think there are two Persona 2, or something?) even worth it? The design for a lot of characters seemed very weird, sometimes, bordering on pretty bad. Although I do admit it is completely unfair to judge a game based merely on that...
One of the best game AMV's. The whole game was condensed into four minutes of pure awesomeness. (Click to View)

So excited. To be honest, I was hoping it would never get a sequel, but I'm curious to see what direction they take the series in.
I have an extremely fixation for Wales because of

Wishing for a continuity to the VP series would be way too much because sadly, the said series is good as dead. The DS game has epic failed. Unhappy

Does anyone know how long an average triple chain battle takes on TWEWY? Because I usually get half an hour into them and see no end in sight, which then makes me turn the DS off. Are battles usually supposed to take more than half an hour or is my emulator glitching out?

Confused
Really enjoying Fall of Cybertron. For those of you who are interested, I posted a review in a thread I made here for the franchise. All of your own personal opinions are welcomme as well Grin

And the G1 Optimus pack just takes me back...good stuff
(Aug. 21, 2012  12:13 AM)Dude Wrote: ...What, you mean the series didn't start from number 3 and then continued from there? How odd...

Are Persona 1 and 2 (I think there are two Persona 2, or something?) even worth it? The design for a lot of characters seemed very weird, sometimes, bordering on pretty bad. Although I do admit it is completely unfair to judge a game based merely on that...

They're definitely products of the 90s in terms of visual design, but that doesn't mean they're bad. :\
I suppose I'll check 'em out when my bank account stops having night terrors, then...

Speaking of carelessly spending money, I recently got Recettear for the PC! Damn is that a good game! XD I'm a cheap kinda guy by nature, so, whenever it's humanly possible, I tend to negotiate prices, which is exactly what you do in Recettear: You're an incredibly cute and adorable girl that needs to pay off her father's huge debt or the fairy that works for the collection agency will seize the house, so they open the shop 'Recettear' *__* You know that shop that sells you junk in every single RPG ever (Except maybe Ff 13...)? Well this is a game about that shop! XD I find that idea to be incredibly ingenious. The game is plenty fun, too.

But hot damn is that f*cking little girl that comes into the shop annoying! She never accepts any of my prices! I read online that she usually accepts amounts around 114%, but she never does for me! Damn girl...
TWEWY announcement was an iOS port, and new soundtrack compositions, bwahahaha.
According to Square Enix, the iOS port is just a 'drip' and not the entire 'leak'. If this is the only thing that's getting leaked, I'm actually kind of disappointed. I and a lot of other people were wanting TWEWY 2.
(Aug. 26, 2012  4:39 PM)To Wrote: It looks bad, and is $18 for iPhone/$20 for iPad

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki...index.html

It's actually a great game.
I know TWEWY is a great game, I've played it. I'm just talking about the iOS port. Merging the two play fields looks chaotic, and there's some really muddy looking filter thrown over the sprites.

(Aug. 26, 2012  4:50 PM)Primal Wrote: According to Square Enix, the iOS port is just a 'drip' and not the entire 'leak'. If this is the only thing that's getting leaked, I'm actually kind of disappointed. I and a lot of other people were wanting TWEWY 2.

No, that guy backpedaled very quickly:

https://twitter.com/brilingual

Quote:So here it is, and I stand by what I've tweeted: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki-solo-remix/en/ . To those worried gameplay was watered down/discarded to get this on iOS—no way. Everything, EVERYTHING has a competent or better analogue. The concept of "trust your partner" and how it ties into gameplay is fully intact too. It looks and plays really, freaking great. But I'm not dumb. You were expecting something else. I think the iOS release will make you happy in the end. That's all I have to say.

It's the iOS port, and the new soundtrack for it. That's the announcement. That's why they set up a teaser site.