Gaming Random Thoughts

You and me both, buddy...

Luckily, my imports have been rather straight-forward in terms of story and such.
So, Square Enix's CEO, Yoichi Wada, dismissed the rumor that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was being canceled, over his Twitter account.

Great news. We've been waiting since 2006 for that dang game, about time they released a quality product and not just continue their mediocrity with Lightning's bullcarp.
Final Fantasy XIII-3 will be out before Versus.

Anyways, Malicious was finally released on the PlayStation Store in North America:

It's only $10.
So something I think is kind of interesting- there'll be three ways of purchasing digital versions of Wii U games. By paying by credit card on the e-shop (like it is right now for virtual console games), by purchasing a download code for the game (I'm guessing through some sort of website), and by going in store to buy a pre-paid download card for a specific game. Full first party games will be available, but it is unknown if all of them will be on it, and for third party games, it's up to the individual company (however, there's supposedly "insane incentives" being offered by Nintendo to get a digital version.)

Right now, New Super Mario Bros 2 is out in Japan, and I believe the difference in price is four dollars, being cheaper on the e-shop.
That's not really new. Every Vita game is on PSN, and in many cases cheaper than their retail MSRP.

Sony tried the game specific download cards before too, and it didn't really work. I'd expect those to go away just for generic Nintendo points cards again.
So, something I think is funny this time. Nintendo released New Super Mario Bros 2 and some other game for digital release in Japan (Mario will be released the same way everywhere else when it releases everywhere else). On the first day the e-shop went down, and to make it worse for Nintendo's experiment, retailers were selling the prepaid cards for more than the actual games, some people guess it's so that they can get trade ins in the future. Pretty funny, what more could go wrong for this release, haha?
I love watching "Two Best Friends Play Man v.s Wild"

THE SNAKE IS BITING YOUR NUTS!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! HAHHAAHHAAHHAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Funny thing, I've been playing pretty much only Pheonix Wright games for the last few weeks but, today, I played some Tales of Vesperia for fun.

And I was legitimately surprised to see such fluid motions from the characters XD Guess the image-by-image graphics of the Ace Attorney series is having a bad impact on me XD
I hate DN because of the annoying trolls. I just want a nice duel!!!
(Aug. 03, 2012  3:54 PM)Dude Wrote: And I was legitimately surprised to see such fluid motions from the characters XD Guess the image-by-image graphics of the Ace Attorney series is having a bad impact on me XD

Playing Ace Attorney is never a bad thing! I need to go back and play some more on my emulators, in fact...
Oh, by no means did I not enjoy those games, I actually love the hell out of 'em XD
The next BlazBlue was recently announced, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma!

As always, this looks awesome!! Noel now dresses like she's honestly attempting to sell her body, but that's just Japanese design for ya. Hazama's the one talking through most of the trailer and he sounds just as crazy as usual. We also get three new characters, Aname, Bullet and Azrael. The lastly mentionned, Azrael, is probably a villain if only because his name sounds cooler than the rest XD

Can't wait to play this, even if it'll probably come to America in like late 2013... But still! *_*
It's been a while since I've played an MMO and RAGED in it. I can feel my white hairs shooting out.

Just recently, I started playing SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online (SDGO for short). It's surprisingly fun, but I find that these types of games bring out the gamer rage in me. It's pretty bad. One of the reasons why I don't like MMOs is the grinding factor. If grinding becomes a problem, I'm not really much of a gamer, right? I was never like that before, hah.

But this game gives me a goal: to create and play with the Sazabi, Char's Mobile Suit from the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack". I really love the Sazabi, and I really wanted to work for something I like. So I thought, why the hell not. You can only get the Sazabi by building it, and two of its suits are build-only. It's not bad, but y'know...it's kinda tedious. The grinding part.
I must be smarter than I thought. My Nintendo 64 controller wasn't working, so I took the bad boy apart hoping to find out what the problem was. After a little bit of tinkering around, I managed to fix it using parts from an old Gamecube controller that had a shortage in the wires. I threw that thing out a long while back, but I was smart enough to save the parts. Finally, I can play some Goldeneye! Wink

Perhaps I might do some tinkering around with some other electronics sometime, if I learn more about them first. I've been wanting to make a Gamcube lunch box, but I don't have $30 to spare to buy a new Gamecube from Gamestop. Perhaps in the future. And I've always wanted a Nintoaster!
Pft, if you're not playing Golden Eye with dual analog you might as well not play at all.

What the? AWESOME Grin

Anyway, I have pre-ordered a few games recently:

Halo 4
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Damn you Nuketown eyecandy...)
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2
Transformers Fall of Cybertron
BioShock 2

Should I add Gears of War Judgement to that all expensive list? Or should I expect it to be a bad spin off?
Oh my what?! You can actually stick you're right hand on the control stick, and use the D-Pad to look around, kind of like the opposite of what you use on Halo. It feels a bit odd, so I don't do that though.
Have you guys heard about the new collections the PS3 is getting? God Of War Saga Collection, Infamous Collection, and Ratchet And Clank Collection. More info here; http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/0...llections/
Hehe Looking at the first few pages of this thread is fun. Back when the PSP was being released.

The new Transformers: Fall of Cybertron looks promising. The first one wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I played the demo for Fall of Cybertron just the other day, and so far, so good. There are a few glitches though, class unbalancing, and the demo is more like a beta, but the problems are being worked out progressively. As of right now, I would say only 2 of the 4 classes of characters are useful, with top tier belonging to the Infiltrator class. (Bumblebee, for example)
I completely agree. In most cases, I prefer the character who's the fastest cause fast-paced fighting is just how I play. Jets would be my second option. I could spend a whole game flying around getting kills.
Yes! I just finished all six ending of my favorite game; 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. The worst ending though, was definitely the knife ending, haha. You can see, at the top all six boxes are complete (in case anyone doubted my addiction to this game XD (Click to View)
I can't seem to get into the mood of playing my new Kingdom Hearts 3D or my older Kingdom Hearts: BbS. Especially with the work I have to put into BBS, such as getting all the commands for Ventus (I didn't completely finish it) and working on Aqua, who is pretty much my weakest character due to me being more aggressive like Terra.
(Aug. 09, 2012  3:10 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: I completely agree. In most cases, I prefer the character who's the fastest cause fast-paced fighting is just how I play. Jets would be my second option. I could spend a whole game flying around getting kills.

Fast-paced action is the future of all multiplier shooters. While it is a good idea in concept, having an entire class be nothing but heavy weight, power, and no speed makes you into a sitting duck, and it seems as if 2 of this games classes are like that. Having something like a power weapon isn't a bad thing, but in multiplayer shooters, it is much better to be well rounded then to have a weakness to exploit, because then you can adapt, make choices for your playing style (if that happens to be heavy weapons) and customize and harness your techniques. Using Halo as an example, all players are essentially equal; they start out with the same equipment and stats, but throughout the game one will find weapons, some of which are power weapons like the Spartan Laser. But the ability to use these weapons is limited for the benefit of both the enemy and yourself.

Now, transformers is a different game, with a different play style. With that said, there needs to be some serious revamping before I ever play as a Titan class again, because as it stand right now, the class is useless against the faster-paced classes like Scientist and Infiltrator.

A few things I dont like about fall of cybertron overall is the melee attack for most characters. It is very inaccurate and hard to use, and it was a problem with the last game too. (especially for Infiltrator). Also, the graphics did not receive a significant upgrade from last time. While I was not expecting much, the game still looks beautiful in one area and not so much in the next, just like War for Cybertron. Finally, and this last one is probably just me, I am not so good with the Scientist class. The flying feels uncontrolled and it is hard to use your weapon in that mode. But again, that may be just me and I may not be good with that style.

What I do like are the new customization options. very significant improvement, although I do wish the armor choices actually did something, but i can't be annoyed by that as that would be asking a bit much.