Gaming Random Thoughts

Imagine all the controversy they'd go through if they gave a game that was hyped up to be better than OoT, "THE ONLY GAME TO EVER GET A 10/10 !!! Supaburn" ?

Don't let some dude you've never met make your video game opinions for you.

Honestly, Twilight Princess' controls were more enjoyable. Comparing it to other games with terrible controls doesn't say much.

WarioWare Smooth Moves has better controls than Skyward Sword, was that the most exciting game on the Wii?

I know the Wii isn't a completely terrible system. Most of my gaming hours on consoles came from the Wii. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Twilight Princess each took so many days, maybe even weeks worth of gameplay on my Wii.
Jeeze, Pokemon Battle Revolution. If you ever needed an indictment for how poor the Wii's library is when that is someone's most played game, then you know. That game was embarrassingly bad, like playing it I couldn't help but wonder in what world did Nintendo think it was a good idea to release that for $50. It felt like a remake of Pokemon Stadium, and while that game worked in the late 90s, it wasn't the late 90s when PBR came out.
(Jun. 03, 2012  6:49 PM)To Wrote: Jeeze, Pokemon Battle Revolution. If you ever needed an indictment for how poor the Wii's library is when that is someone's most played game, then you know. That game was embarrassingly bad, like playing it I couldn't help but wonder in what world did Nintendo think it was a good idea to release that for $50. It felt like a remake of Pokemon Stadium, and while that game worked in the late 90s, it wasn't the late 90s when PBR came out.

Every attempt at redoing Stadium was an aberrated failure, really. At least PBR did better, in my opinion, than the GC ones(although they did offer more to do, admittedly).

I actually challenged a friend of mine, and myself, to come up with ten games that were Wii-exclusive and worth it.

We did come up with ten, but exactly ten, and between the two of us.

360 games? Around 60. PS3 games I can rattle off 15 and I don't even own the console - and I typically hate Sony's licensees. DS? I've got around 50 or so at least.

Wii was a commercial success, but a thematical failure, and a venture into a land that every serious gamer who just wants to have fun will regret having indulged in.

Signed,
~~Someone usually accused of being a Nintendo fanboy.
Nearly 3 years ago to the day I get to relive a post with different companies:
[Image: buy_xbox_360_wireless1ruds.jpg]
[Image: nincontroller-610x3432.jpg]

Shameless.
Not only did they rip it off, they did the worst possible thing to the design.
Its not really a rip off, it just isn't original. At this point in the industry, a standard game controller design is like a TV-remote design in the sense that a standard one really only has one way of being built...consider this, would you rather have this as a controller, or should we go back to the uncomfortable controller styles of the NES and SNES?
I just love how people are complaining about this controller resembling the one for the Xbox too much, whereas when the Wii first came out, they were complaining about it being different.

Logic.
(Jun. 04, 2012  3:39 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Its not really a rip off, it just isn't original. At this point in the industry, a standard game controller design is like a TV-remote design in the sense that a standard one really only has one way of being built...consider this, would you rather have this as a controller, or should we go back to the uncomfortable controller styles of the NES and SNES?

(Jun. 04, 2012  3:43 AM)Primal Wrote: I just love how people are complaining about this controller resembling the one for the Xbox too much, whereas when the Wii first came out, they were complaining about it being different.

Logic.

I love how neither of you are comprehending how impossibly uncomfortable it's going to be to hit the Y button with any regularity.

If you're going to copy a controller - arguably the most well-liked controller design ever - you directly copy it, not take it and then do something horrible to it that makes it more of an abortion than your previous nauseating venture into goofy controllers. I don't give a damn if they 100% copy the 360 controller - what I care about is the controller's usability.
Do to being a PS3 regular, I dont even thing I could reach the right analog stick comfortably.
Wii U's Wiiverse Message Board System Vs. Vita's Twitter App:

[Image: nJTe7.png]

Vita also has a message board system, and an application that tells your what people on your friends list, and area are playing. I'm guessing because Vita has sold so poorly Nintendo thought no one would notice? That's a joke by the way.

(Jun. 04, 2012  3:39 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Its not really a rip off, it just isn't original. At this point in the industry, a standard game controller design is like a TV-remote design in the sense that a standard one really only has one way of being built...consider this, would you rather have this as a controller, or should we go back to the uncomfortable controller styles of the NES and SNES?

Given the 3DS and DS use this poor decision for ergonomics Nintendo obviously doesn't think the NES and SNES box cutting into your hands is a bad idea, so yes?

But you know, how about an updated version of this:

[Image: qVlrk.jpg]

Which this controller is an updated version of. Just a bit shameless and clueless in the design process.
Usher should go somewhere where the internet is forbidden to happen and music is the crying and moaning of suffering souls. Stay out of Xbox world.

Of course I'm talking about the new dance game, and maybe him teasing the "new age of entertainment".
Square Enix shows us the future in their Luminous Engine Tech Demo (aimed at next gen platforms)

Can't wait their first game in 2018!
More news about that ominous .hack//Versus that's eventually coming up! First of all, the mysterious hooded character is an older, cooler Tokio which, even if I hate Tokio, is pretty nice. Furthermore, there's even the original Kite as well as Blackrose, like a total blast from the past XD

So that's a decently solid roster for a probably storyless game: Haseo, Tsukasa, Tokio (9), Sora, Sakuya, Ovan, Kite, Blackrose and... probably some other character I forgot or that we simply don't know about yet.

So yeah, can't wait, personally Joyful_3
That game might be cool, but I just wish they would have localized .hack//LINK. ;__;
Yeah, that would've been cool... But time to look towards the future! Hopefully, more .hack games will one day come to our fair continent, assuming more .hack-related stuff is simply made back in Japan...

Also, it seems that there will be weapon-swapping in .hack//Versus, as there's a picture of Kite holding Tri-Edge's Empty Skies. Apparently, changing weapons will have absolutely no effect on your character's move list or power, just their appearance. Certainly disappointing, as such a thing would at least have given a feel of RPG... But whatever, Kite with Empty Skies!!! 8D

More on that right now! I know I should probably post that in the actual .hack topic, but I've already went on about this game here, so... we're kinda stuck.

Regardless, here's a gameplay vid that shows us a full fight between Haseo and Sora!

Looks good to me! Yes, the music is a bit too fruity, but it's pretty jazzy and has a relaxing feel to it that goes well with the nature-like battlefield. And yes, Sora does make some very, very pitiful/lame sounds, but she basically doesn't fight back for the sake of showing off Haseo's moves.
I'm pleased that FFX is getting a HD remaster, it's one of my favourite FF games and kind of marks the end of Final Fantasy's golden age... most of the games after it sucked, although tbh 12 wasn't bad.
It is? Great, I never got to play 10, and as long as they don't change the core game (just give it a new paintjob) I'll get that and play it. 12 was fun for a while, but then I found some fireball monster in the desert area (haven't played it in ages) and died in one hit and quit LOL
Why does E3 have to always have to be good? I have no money to afford any of these games...

Eh, I that game looks a bit sluggish to me, and almost boring...but .hack itself is always a greatr franchise to play with...

Never even realized the Wii U controller was based off the Wii Classic controller...

You can't copy a controller exactly (there has to be some originality to it) but yes, there are just some features of this controller that wont scream hardcore gamer. But this is Nintendo; they have a different approach to gaming to begin with. The improvements they are making to their marketing and designs are already huge improvements; nit-picking at this point would diminish their great progress in catching up with the rest of the industry.

I was actually impressed by the Wii press conference though; I have restored faith in Nintendo now. Even though the Xbox conference was the most ambitious, the Nintendo was was probably the most well thought out, planned, and well run. Not only that, but finally, 3rd party Nintendo games look good for once. Never thought I would see the day Grin

I was disappointed by Ubisoft; They had better and more new games than the Xbox Conference alone, and all of them look like 4/5 and 5/5 games, but the presentation was not good. Between the awkward moments between Toby and the host of the show, coupled with 2 out 10 jokes actually getting a dignified laughing response. The lesbian joke at the beginning was really the only funny moment, all other potential ones were killed by the "awks" of the whole thing. They just tried to hard...

Still, all in all, fantastic E3
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or what. This past E3 was terrible, with Nintendo's E3 being a complete disaster.
e3 this year sucked
everyone there sucked, along with nearly everything they showed
everyone is going just a BIT too casual for me to be comfortable

WHO WANTS TO COME DOWN TO MY HOUSE TONIGHT AND PLAY SING?
OR WII FIT U?
HEY
LET'S PLAY DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION

don't even get me started on the others

I did like when Reggie said "My body was ready." again though. LMFAO
I am a major Nintendo fan, so I guess I'm the only one that like Nintendo's E3 press confrence... The 3DS confrence the day after Nintendo showed the Wii U at E3 was very good. Can't wait For Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and New Super Mario Bros. 2.The Wii U confrence was a bit embarrasing, though. When I saw Sing I swear a bit of my love for the Wii U died inside me. The only Wii U games I want are Lego City Undercover and New Super Mario Bros. U. Nintendo Land seemed fine to me. I like the idea of Nintendo Land mini games because they looked fun to me. The only thing I hated about this is because I watched E3 on Nintendo's website, and it was BAD. You could easily see the comments on the right side of the screen and after it was over the comments were flooded with: ''Where's Zelda? No Zelda! Nintendo is carp! No Animal Crossing?!?! Boo Nintendo! This E3 is carp. I was disappointed by Nintendo's carp preformance.'' and every other complaint I could thing of.
(Jun. 09, 2012  4:50 PM)To Wrote: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or what. This past E3 was terrible, with Nintendo's E3 being a complete disaster.

I am not. Comapred to past E3's, this was probably one the weakest. But terrible is a bit extreme in my opinion. Its not like Nintendo showed us a Red Nintendo Wii this time Tired Nintendo had one goal; show the world that they are finally ready to have decent/good 3rd party games; They accomplished that goal. Will the games be as good as the PS3 or Xbox360 counterparts? Well, for the sake of not disappointing myself, I will say no, but again, open mind, but atleast we can be guaranteed that the same carp that happened with the Wii wont happen again, atleast not to that same degree.

Also understand that singing/dancing games to begin with are atrocious in their own right...so keep in mind that all 3 franchises do it, and its only to make money off non-gamers...that's all...I am not happy that alot of attention was brought to those types of games, but again, that wasnt for us guys...
They showed games, yes, that's great. 3rd party titles so less rehashes of Mario? EVEN BETTER!

But Leon, please, tell me the date/price when the WiiU will be released along with it's lineup of games.
Yeah.