Gaming Random Thoughts

I am a being incapable of shame.

Seriously, I cosplay. Gotta leave dignity at the door for that (Most of the time, anyway. It does help when there are even worst cosplay than yours around) but hey, I respect you decision.

So, apparently, there's gonna be another God of War game, which was confirmed because Amazon spilled the beans again. Gonna be called God of War: Ascencion.

My guess is that it's another prequel, which is fine, but... Aren't they running out of Mythological Greek beings for Kratos to kill? Didn't he kill just about everyone?
I'm not really certain a game franchise is above making up new folks or super-elevating obscure names to provide more fodder, Dude.

In fact, the whole market of games based on mythology pretty much hinges on exactly that.
They've actually been doing pretty good, in terms of using characters from actual mythology. Even the God of War comics have bad guys that exist in Greek Mythology.

But I suppose it wouldn't be so bad to invent a few deities if the game is still fun. Though I would like to see Nyx as a villain... Would be cool, anyway.
Got Fallout a couple of weeks back for free from GOG and so I took a break from Skyrim (over 310 hrs on my main character...).

Just today, I got a Plasma Rifle off of The Glow which I then had upgraded by Smitty into a Turbo Plasma Rifle and now anything and everything around me just turns into a pile of goo =)
I went with Small Guns/Energy Weapons for this run (previously went Small Guns/Big Guns with Fast Shot back in Fallout 2). Lotsa aiming for the eyes now.

Currently Lv 12, running around with Ian, Tycho and Dogmeat. I have the 1.3.5 patch and also got an NPC mod which allows followers to level up, change armor and have other combat options. Looking at the vanilla game, I can't imagine using followers effectively later in the game... I might have to part ways with Dogmeat soon anyways since he usually can't survive a Super Mutant patrol (one Minigun burst and he gets torn to pieces).
Why am I posting? Because I'm CRAAAAAAZY!!!
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will be announced this week.
Okay, im into Racing games(Need for speed, midnight club) and want to get an xBox 360. I am currently saving up for an xbox360. Please recomend what xbox and games i should get. (good prices and lasting apeal for games!)
Are you ready for the Wii U? Let it's awkward controller do stuff so you can play while rubbing it in the person who took your TV's face.
God of War IV: Ascension is, as I feared, a prequel. I really dislike prequels most of the time, especially when it's in a series like God of War where the focus is to fight all the big, bad enemies. Kratos will be less powerful, as will his enemies, and we all know how the series turns out anyway. Also, God of War 3 ended on a massive cliffhanger but it appears that won't be answered either.

Just praying now that we get a Fallout 4 trailer at E3 that ends with 'Fall 2012'
PERSONA 4: THE GOLDEN FOR PS VITA CONFIRMED BY ATLUS TO COME TO NORTH AMERICA!!!!!

You guys know what that means?

MEANS I DIDN'T PESTER MY PARENTS AND DIRECT FAMILY INTO BUYING ME A VITA FOR MY BIRTHDAY EVEN THOUGH I COULD TOTALLY HAVE AFFORDED IT MYSELF FOR NOTHING!!! X3 X3 X3 X3 XD XD XD *___*

G-God... Thank you... *Faints*

Comes out 'Fall 2012'... Well, it's too bad it doesn't come in Summer (Y'know, when most kids don't really have anything better to do than play games?) but IT'S COMING SO IT'S TOOOOTALLY COOL!!!!

*Faints again*
(Apr. 26, 2012  2:06 AM)Akio314 Wrote: Are you ready for the Wii U? Let it's awkward controller do stuff so you can play while rubbing it in the person who took your TV's face.

Rubbing it in people's faces is sure to mess up the touch screen controls...
anyone remember Tiny Kong from Donkey kong 64 that nintendo 64 game made by rare? Well I found out shes been in quite a few new games lately however....

She went from this --> To this!
Shes been in diddy kong racing DS and Super mario sluggers its nice to see a old friend again even if she got a update....a big one...
So I was playing Mario Party 9 yesterday on my Wii. So unbelievably different. I did not expect them to change to mini stars in this game. Gotta say, I prefer 8 over 9. I like the original stars more...
It's pretty funny. I feel like I'm the only gamer in the entire world that's totally not excited for Diable 3's release (or simply its existence) at all XD

I'm probably never going to play it, actually, not only because I have no idea how to install games on computer, but... it really doesn't seem that cool.

Well... enjoy it, guys XD
(May. 10, 2012  6:21 PM)Dude Wrote: It's pretty funny. I feel like I'm the only gamer in the entire world that's totally not excited for Diable 3's release (or simply its existence) at all XD

I'm probably never going to play it, actually, not only because I have no idea how to install games on computer, but... it really doesn't seem that cool.

Well... enjoy it, guys XD

It's a genre that will typically only appeal to people who actually give it a shot. Isometric action-rpgs are, in general, populated largely by bland games. Diablo is one of the coining series that stands out, head and shoulders above the rest even as Diablo II - and III is shaping up to deliver what II did and far more. Regardless, Diablo games are known for several things, but primarily: Making you feel extremely powerful on early difficulties, and then making you feel like an infant on the hardest ones. Both are pretty neat!

As for installing a game on a computer, you put the disk in the DVD/CD-ROM drive and click install when the thing pops up. Or, if you're using digital rather than hard copy, you download the installer, and then click install.
You make it sound so easy, but, when I tried to download The Sims 2 on my PC years ago, I nearly made the damn thing explode... (Hyperbole, but you get the idea)

I guess I should give it another try, sometime... Does Diablo 3 exist on Mac?
It does. However, if your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to play it, you're... not going to be able to play it, haha. Since it is a modern game, you'll need a computer built in the last seven years or so, fitted with a gaming-quality Video Card, in order to run it. The requirements are up somewhere on the D3 site.

If not, you can get Diablo II pretty cheap, and any machine made since like 1998 should be able to run it with zero problems, haha. It obviously won't compare to Diablo III, but it can at least show you the genre.
(May. 11, 2012  10:43 PM)Dude Wrote: You make it sound so easy, but, when I tried to download The Sims 2 on my PC years ago, I nearly made the damn thing explode... (Hyperbole, but you get the idea)

I guess I should give it another try, sometime... Does Diablo 3 exist on Mac?

I haven't played Diablo yet so can't comment on that, but if you wanna try another game in the isometric, turn-based rpg genre you should give Fallout 1 and 2 a go, really awesome games! Then you can bask in the glory that is Fallout 3.

Diablo II and III are both isometric action rpgs - I believe the most similar game to Diablo is called Torchlight, but even it is often called a pale imitation.
Teaser Website Time! Again!

http://next.tales-ch.jp/

For a mainstream Tales Of game, this time! That's pretty cool! I wonder what they'll get us, this time, after the impressive success of Tales of Xillia. Will we get a behind-the-back point of view again? And a camera angle that can be moved, an addition which I liked? Despite not being my favorite game ever, Xillia was a really nice game, so... Yeah, totally looking forward to this!

We'll learn in 18 days... Jeez that's long...
I would actually be willing to pay for that, but I doubt it.

I wonder what ridiculous word that doesn't exist in English or Japanese they'll get for the title, this time... Guess we'll see.
I am not much of a gamer, but my friends always talk about Minecraft.

What are your thoughts of this game, should I play it on the computer or buy it for xBox.
Square Enix, please reboot Kingdom Hearts so I can understand what the carp is going on again.

Regards;
To.
(May. 15, 2012  3:05 AM)To Wrote: Square Enix, please reboot Kingdom Hearts so I can understand what the carp is going on again.

Regards;
To.

I completely agree. What's worse is fans of the series have to buy every modern console in existence(except Xbox) to play the games. I think its time to return to the PS3.