GTA IV.. what no one cares??

Poll: IGN say's "..you have play this game." Will you?

yes
42.86%
remains to be seen
21.43%
not likely
35.71%
Total: 100% 14 vote(s)
indian Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:I actually played Halo 3 last week, don't understand the hype at all.
Thats retarded.

I bet you also get mad when the movie you rented isn't "COMEDY OF THE YEAR LULZ" like it said on the box too.

you don't even own halo 3 anymore

whoops?
Should be picking this up on Friday hopefully. Can't wait to play it. It does really look like it'll be the best in the GTA series so far.
roan, die

artie, i don't own a lot of games, doesn't mean i don't love 'em
indian Wrote:roan, die

from all your bitching, it sounded like you hated halo 3 Wink

edit: it took me far too long to find that smiley, and even longer to realize i could just type a semi-colon or parentheses
They carp ruined driving in this game. :\
Roan Wrote:They carp ruined driving in this game. :\

how so?
Artie Wrote:
Roan Wrote:They carp ruined driving in this game. :\

how so?

Its really floaty and basically impossible to take sharp turns.

The handbrake is also carp useless now.
Artie Wrote:
indian Wrote:roan, die

from all your bitching, it sounded like you hated halo 3 Wink

edit: it took me far too long to find that smiley, and even longer to realize i could just type a semi-colon or parentheses
I don't hate it, I'm just a half-empty kind of guy lol. And the fact that Halo 2 is better. carp, see I'm doing it again.

BTW, rented GTAIV YAAAAAY!!!!
I really, really like this game but the driving seriously angers me.

You would think that Rockstar would take the time to make sure one of the biggest components of the game works properly, but apparently that wasn't the case.

I've failed like 3 missions (all time-based and chase ones) because of the driving in this game. I mean seriously I will just be cruising along and adjust my direction to the left or right and my car will just randomly decide to fishtail and go crashing into a wall or what have you, then the person waiting on me goes away or the I lose the person I was chasing and fail the mission. I've tried like every car that I've come across and they all drive like carp. They're incredibly floaty and totally unrealistic.

Don't even get me started on the handbrake, Christ.
Roan Wrote:I really, really like this game but the driving seriously angers me.

You would think that Rockstar would take the time to make sure one of the biggest components of the game works properly, but apparently that wasn't the case.

I've failed like 3 missions (all time-based and chase ones) because of the driving in this game. I mean seriously I will just be cruising along and adjust my direction to the left or right and my car will just randomly decide to fishtail and go crashing into a wall or what have you, then the person waiting on me goes away or the I lose the person I was chasing and fail the mission. I've tried like every car that I've come across and they all drive like carp. They're incredibly floaty and totally unrealistic.

Don't even get me started on the handbrake, Christ.

I think they made the turning of cars more realistic? Normally you'd have to slow down before taking a turn, not gunning it all the way while turning.

I saw a little snippet of this on X-Play on Monday (lol there was nothing on besides from Spaceballs at 9 in the morning), and it looked really pimpin.
GTA never struck me as a game where realistic driving would be a positive aspect.
Bey Brad Wrote:GTA never struck me as a game where realistic driving would be a positive aspect.

Yeah, it wasn't realistic at all in previous games and that's why I liked it.

You could do crazy handbrake turns around corners and carp like that with ease but they tried to make the driving more realistic in this one and in the process ruined the driving mechanic altogether.
I heard the PS3 version of the game has been freezing like nobody's business.

lolsony
SexyMichael Wrote:I heard the PS3 version of the game has been freezing like nobody's business.

lolsony

Its not just on PS3, I've heard reports of it freezing up on both systems, but more often on the 60 GB Model of the PS3.

Why on Earth that model would be any more susceptible to freezing I have no idea, but yeah, I'm fine. The game hasn't frozen up on me yet and I've already sunk like 5 and half hours into it. D:
A couple of my friends picked it up yesterday. They've been playing the carp out of it ever since.
dude I dunno. Besides GT series, I think realistic car handling is a blessing for this game, thats what they are going for after all.
did you jack any sports cars? they should respond differently.
Blue Wrote:dude I dunno. Besides GT series, I think realistic car handling is a blessing for this game, thats what they are going for after all.
did you jack any sports cars? they should respond differently.

What the hell does Gran Turismo have to do with anything?

Anyway I've got a Comet right now and it definitely handles better. I'm starting to get used to driving, but that doesn't mean I like it. lol
just don't drive like a maniac in the regular city roads.
indian Wrote:just don't drive like a maniac in the regular city roads.

Well I normally don't have to, but when you're trying to run from the cops or run away from some thugs chasing you in a mission its basically impossible to avoid crashing.
see i can't tell

i have to keep my eyes on the radar at ALL TIMES whenever I am going anywhere so i crash regardless
carp the driving AUGH

its decent i guess so far. hopefully it gets better
Artie Wrote:carp the driving AUGH

its decent i guess so far. hopefully it gets better

haahahaha

I told you dude.
motercycles i think actually handle better if you can find one.
indian Wrote:motercycles i think actually handle better if you can find one.

Yeah they do.

It just sucks driving them because if you hit something you're pretty much going to die. lol