GTA IV.. what no one cares??

Poll: IGN say's "..you have play this game." Will you?

yes
42.86%
remains to be seen
21.43%
not likely
35.71%
Total: 100% 14 vote(s)
Yeah I didn't have trouble with that mission either KoD, I passed it on my first try. lol
I finally got it on today's first try. After getting ahead of them, I just cut back on the speed. It's still really tough to handle if you're going fast though, I guess that was the main problem before. I could never seem to drop in speed fast enough on the curves and it just ended up sliding all over the place.

About the shield, yeah, I use cover whenever I can. But I mean, like when I was picking fights in the street for the "Finish Him" achievement or when I'm in the open and have a bunch of stars, my car breaks down I need to steal another and just end up getting shotguned before/while I get in the car, it's all instances where my health usually drops before the shield or just way faster than it would've in the past games.

I do love the presence of the cover system in this game, reminds me of Gears of War.
Just had the first mission with Playboy X today. It's a good example of the blessing that is the cover system.
Three Leaf Clover was a great mission. A bit on the tough side (I still failed it 3 times), but it was real fun to play through it, lots of action, etc.

In my first try, I had already taken a lot of damage (did a few mistakes, was just barely alive) and I missed the near SUV when I got back to the surface, so I spent quite a while before I found a 4 door car. When I finally did, I get shot as I'm entering it.

On my second try, where I was doing a lot better now and had a lot more health, I was just going up the dark stairs leading to the surface, when the game tells me I left Packie behind. Wtf? So, we all came together through the tunnel and Gerry was with me, but Packie wasn't? Great. I go all the way back down and sure enough, I find the carp just standing there in the middle of the tracks. We proceed up the stairs, but with all the time I wasted, they're already swarming with cops, most of which carrying, you guessed it, shotguns and I get killed in like 2 shots.

In my 3rd try I accidentally kill Packie. That is all.

Finally, on my fourth try, I just breeze through the mission and get away with the guys only loosing like 1/4 of the shield energy.
This has to be one of my favorite GTA IV missions so far =)
King of Darkness Wrote:Three Leaf Clover was a great mission. A bit on the tough side (I still failed it 3 times), but it was real fun to play through it, lots of action, etc.

In my first try, I had already taken a lot of damage (did a few mistakes, was just barely alive) and I missed the near SUV when I got back to the surface, so I spent quite a while before I found a 4 door car. When I finally did, I get shot as I'm entering it.

On my second try, where I was doing a lot better now and had a lot more health, I was just going up the dark stairs leading to the surface, when the game tells me I left Packie behind. Wtf? So, we all came together through the tunnel and Gerry was with me, but Packie wasn't? Great. I go all the way back down and sure enough, I find the carp just standing there in the middle of the tracks. We proceed up the stairs, but with all the time I wasted, they're already swarming with cops, most of which carrying, you guessed it, shotguns and I get killed in like 2 shots.

In my 3rd try I accidentally kill Packie. That is all.

Finally, on my fourth try, I just breeze through the mission and get away with the guys only loosing like 1/4 of the shield energy.
This has to be one of my favorite GTA IV missions so far =)

Ugh, no, I hate this mission.

I have been stuck on it forever and it has completely halted my love for the game.
What part are you having trouble with?

Also, it sure as hell beats those carp chase missions that are all over the game.
King of Darkness Wrote:What part are you having trouble with?

Also, it sure as hell beats those carp chase missions that are all over the game.

Driving away.

I get to the car and I try to make my way out of the police radius so that I can lose my wanted level and I always either A.) Have my car explode, killing Packie in the process or B.) Get killed by a random cop bullet.
DELETED

LEARN TO NOT SPOIL GENIUS

- Bey Brad
Nevermind, I finally beat Three Leaf Clover.

Moving on to bigger and better things now. Smile
Yeah, the cop chases are a pain in the carp most time. I managed to loose them pretty quickly that time though, to my surprise. It only took me around 2 minutes driving around Alongquin before I lost them, then I head back to Packie's house.

Also, I was wondering, do you ever get to sleep with Kate? Just don't wanna waste more time in dating (her fondness is already at 100%) with all of the other stuff I have to do now in the game.
I wouldn't worry about Kate.

Unless you're trying to get 100% completion in the game there is no benefit to dating her.
Blue Wrote:sam nice post
do you think you are being funny
Indian Wrote:
do you think you are being funny

he would be correct in thinking that
btw beat the game sunday

then got the other ending later that day

ending mission makes me want to die badlyyy roan you are in trouble lol
Indian Wrote:btw beat the game sunday

then got the other ending later that day

ending mission makes me want to die badlyyy roan you are in trouble lol

Oh god don't say that
Bernie is a carp awesome character.

I realize he is one of the biggest stereotypes ever, but I think Rockstar was using this to their advantage because they actually poke more fun at the stereotype than Bernie himself.

Also, I'm pretty close to the end of the game. Weird thing is, I want to finish it but at the same time I don't want it to end. lol
Roan Wrote:Bernie is a carp awesome character.
qft
Bey Brad Wrote:
Indian Wrote:
do you think you are being funny ?

he would be correct in thinking that ?

wtf?no
I didn't want to say Indian since you were sam and thats a real name. but tbh I should used jack.
calling someone by the boardname is kinda wierd if it isn't like well established 'nickname.
haha i think both sam and I thought you were poking fun at him by saying the previous post was him since sam got in a lot of trouble for spoilers earlier in the topic
Bey Brad Wrote:haha i think both sam and I thought you were poking fun at him by saying the previous post was him since sam got in a lot of trouble for a small insignificant spoiler earlier in the topic
yeah
well

that does not seem to be the case, then!
aw carp i got a 20$ late charge on gtaiv lol

had too return it Unhappy
$20 late charge!? How long did you have it for?
april 28th to yesterday

five day rental with $1 late charge per day it doesn't come back

Gasp

kay maybe its not twenty but its still going to be carp big