GFX Championships [Vote Finals!]

GFX CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Sponsored by WLPaA

(Jun. 24, 2011  3:08 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Since WBO was re-introduced to the concept of graphics battles recently, the creativity board has suddenly breathed new life. I’m now trying to push the notion of graphics battles to another level of competitiveness and fun with the idea of organizing WBO’s first graphics tournament. This will be an amazing opportunity to develop your skills, while possibly learning a few new tips or tricks. The tournament will span approximately 4 - 7 weeks depending on the amount of participants entering. Please beware before opting to sign up, be conscious of whether you'll be able to make the commitment of sacrificing a small portion of your week.

The opportunity for sign up is currently available.

So, many have attempted to bring this competitive spirit back to life after Fyuuor ignited it. And, well, I do not think any one was as successful. I'm gonna try and imitate the very first tournament and hopefully, it'll be a success! Its not personally gonna be run by me. Rather, Synth, Focus and hopefully Kujikato. And I will be around as well.

20 Participant Limit, as it is going to be a block round robin format. Four groups, five entrants each. Everyone battles each other, you know the drill.

Just post here if you want to enter. Judge spots are filled by members of WLPaA and I will not be participating, as you can see, the organization of this is quite complicated. The highest 3 ranked creators from each block will advance. From there, you will be split into smaller blocks. And then finally, the 2 from each group will form the final semi-final block. In which, everyone faces everyone (doing the quick math), it will be a semi-final block of 8. From the semi-finals, only four will advance to do quarter-finals. And then finally, two will go down in a final showdown!!!

Rules:
  1. Entries should follow the theme specified.
  2. Entries should not surpass the specified size limit (if any).
  3. Entries should not be ripped off of other sites or users.
  4. Entries should be on time. If late, disqualification may occur.
  5. More rules may be added by the organizers.

You may also post theme suggestions in this thread, but they wont necessarily be used. Sign ups are open for a week after the posting of this thread.

Spots:
-Full-
Disclaimer: Format and rules are subject to change.
Can I enter? Maybe a Bleach theme?
I'm in. So we can suggest a theme? Hmm... How about a sports theme? I've had many good ideas for an Aaron Rodgers sig
I'll be in here, of course. Both the SOTW and this will keep me busy for a month.
If we don't get enough participants to fill all the blocks, we can cut out some.
It can also be Round Robin. I won't join, as I will be busy with school, but helping organize isn't problem.
*Gasp*
I'm scared to join but...
Why not?
I'm in! Grin
Screw Quitting,I'm in!
But I'm "Ifraid" I might lose....
Enter me please! Some kind of anime theme would be cool.
Enter me!!!! Please, this sounds like an awesome idea nobody should ignore!!
sure, why not? as long as I don't have to make it on weekdays, I should be fine
Haha, been waiting for this! And also just incase Focus doesn't get in the 20 spots, enter me and Focus please!
I'm Joining Dis One Though I Might Experiment A Bit
Im in Im definately gonna try to rock this tourney!

Sign me up Inso!

Watch out Viral,Synth Im coming!

BTW thanks to Viral for taking a seat for me XD!

And im not gonna loose without battling Viral,Synth XD!

Edit! 11 spots have been filled only 9 remaining! Hurry Guys!
Oh, good, people are actually entering. I am sticking this just to get the spots filled faster.
Am I mentioned to be in? If not I am.

Point of Notice: WLPaA is preparing for a larger event, hopefully with more than 30 members, in the near future. This is rather the appetizer for what we're hoping to dish out soon.

As soon as the participants are full, OR the time limit is over, I'll PM Insom the blocks, and we'll start Round 1!
Haha, can't wait for that. Although I'm really nervous about the "theme", in most tourneys I entered some themes were "school" or just anything random and there was nothing related to it. Maybe something that is big that people can actually find renders on.

It hasn't started but good luck to you all!
This won't be that horrible. We're WLPaA, we take GFX for real.
Count me in!
I'll try my best. When will be the theme decided?
When the Rounds Start....
I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna lose....
enter me? i'll do this on de week ends
Wait a minute, i thought kuji, synth , focus and me were organising this. If u dont have me in i am in
If my brain is not failing me this morning, two spots are left.

After 20, stay tuned for the tournament match-ups. Its block round robin so you'll be making quite a few!
Yes, can't wait! When does it start though?