Frozen Garden Cup (Feb 14th, 2009, Central Park)

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

THE PARK OFFICIALS MAY ASK US TO MOVE. We have a lot more people than expected. PM me to get my cell phone number. If you show up and we are not there, you can call the number to find out where we are. I can't be responsible for people who do not heed my warning.

Alright people, we just had a tournament in NJ so now it's time for a tournament in Central Park. Let's do this.

Enter the Frozen Garden Cup.

Here are the two videos from the Autumn Shakespeare Tournament:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQv21hgQUA
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y51kCXwAYxM

FROZEN GARDEN CUP
Saturday, February 14th, 2009 (Raindate is Sunday, February 15th)
Location~ Central Park, Charles B. Stover Bench (C80 on the maps) (same place as last time, I just know the name of the thing now)

Here is a link to the page for it
http://www.centralpark2000.com/database/...tover.html

Time~ 12:00 PM-Nightfall, but we'll play it by ear so everyone gets to play. Please be there as early as you can. The reason this is an hour and a half earlier than the last one is because nightfall is coming upon us much more quickly now in the winter. It is dark by 5 PM.

Afterwards, we may go and have dinner. I know of two very good sushi places. One is Sushi A-Go-Go and it's on 63rd and Broadway, and the other is... Lilli something. It's on Broadway and 57th or something. It wouldn't be hard to find. That place is more spacious than Sushi-A-Go-Go and they have bubble tea! And other stuff.

HOW TO GET THERE

Conveniently, the Museum of Natural History is right where you need to be. Ask anyone at the stations how to get there or go here for more information on travel from various places:

http://www.amnh.org/museum/welcome/direc...?src=pv_vi

From Penn Station or Port Authority Bus Terminal, you are going to want to get on the C train subway uptown . This will take you a few stops to 81st Street- Museum of Natural History. When you get off of the subway, there is an entrance to the museum. Exit through the street exit to the left and you should be able to get out and find yourself facing the park right outside of the museum.

You can also take the 1 train to Broadway and West 79th Street. It is close, but taking the C train will get you closer to the park and the area you need to be. The 1 train will not stop at Port Authority Bus Terminal.

FROM THE MUSEUM/81ST AND CENTRAL PARK WEST

[Image: Centralparkmaprevised.jpg]
[Image: Subway-Parkmap.jpg]

The map is revised now because the subway station doesn't dump you off right at the mouth of the transverse. So are the instructions.

I want to warn everyone not to exit the park through the 79th Street Transverse if you are alone or only in a small group during sundown and NEVER after the sun has fallen below the horizon. Only enter this way. Our goal is to leave the park before nightfall. When it starts getting dark, the tunnels on the Transverse become dangerous. I will bring a Central Park Map with me. I will accompany people out of the park and to the C train when the tournament is over, and then the ones who want to catch dinner will stay with me and I will accompany you afterward.

You want to move left from the subway station until you hit 81st street. From there, you will turn right to enter the 79th Street Transverse. Stay on the left side! It is a road. There are cars traveling along the Transverse.The Transverse comes off of 81st street on the North side of the Museum. Keep walking. You will pass through a couple of tunnels. There is one particularly rocky and natural looking tunnel with pipes hanging from the ceiling. There will be an entrance to the park immediately after this tunnel to the left. Go up the stairs, then go left towards the castle and walk to the top of the castle via the main stairway.

[Image: Belvedereabove.jpg]

Here you can see a diagram I have made of the castle. After you get to the top of the stairs, turn left and go down the other set of stairs there. You will encounter an area with green grassy areas and benches on either side. Walk forward, and you will see a split path. Go straight ahead to the stairs that go down around a garden of greenery, and you will be at the tournament location, which overlooks the Shakespeare Garden. There's a big stone bench with spirals on either side, and the stone bench sits atop a slightly raised oval-shaped area. It reads "Charles B. Stover". If I'm not there and nobody else is there, call my cell phone. Here are pictures of the bench in the tournament area so you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.centralpark2000.com/database/...tover.html

[Image: DSC01699.jpg]
[Image: DSC01708.jpg]

Okay, finally.

RULES

Bring a stadium if you want to. We don't have Tornado Balance or Tornado Balance Type S. I'll be bringing MFB Attack, MFB Balance, and MFB Stamina Stadiums.

Park Rules: Just don't bring any amplified sound devices like boom boxes and we should be fine. We really don't have enough people to warrant obtaining a permit I don't think, but we have a lot more this time around so we may be asked to move.

Plastic format.

We will be using all standard WBO Rules. Round robin, 3-point Beybattle.

The first tournament will be the ice tournament. It will be conducted in either a frozen MFB Attack or a frozen MFB Balance. It will be plastic format.

Here are some pictures of an ice stadium:
[Image: DSC02446.jpg]
[Image: DSC02467.jpg]

RULES!
Frozen Stadium
NO HMS
NO MFB
They will destroy the stadium very quickly. We can play with them in the stadium after the ice tournament, though.

Prizes-

Custom Special!! Metallic Forest Green Leone145D
Orange and Black Pro Blader's Gear

ATTENDEE LIST
Anubis
White Afi
Deikailo
-Rakee
-Reberto
-Carmelo
-Shaun
Ryuki
Cye Kinomiya
-Cye's friend
Sterne
FFX
Specter
Bluezee
Vinvulpis
Maz maybe
Bronz maybe
Pinoy Blader maybe
Vidkid440 maybe
Xeno maybe
Shiningblaze maybe
Ozzy maybe
Total 22

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Any updates on the pictures?
I really wanna see them!
I now have all of the video files in one place. Production will begin soon.
Whats the deal with the pictures
(Feb. 23, 2009  3:34 AM)Anubis Wrote: I now have all of the video files in one place. Production will begin soon.
Pictures, ni-...carp...ot!
Aww damn if only I got into Beyblades sooner, as I am a New York blader as well :[
(Feb. 23, 2009  4:40 AM)HellGuard99 Wrote: Aww damn if only I got into Beyblades sooner, as I am a New York blader as well :[

They host stuff all the time, go to the next one Smile
(Feb. 23, 2009  4:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2009  4:40 AM)HellGuard99 Wrote: Aww damn if only I got into Beyblades sooner, as I am a New York blader as well :[

They host stuff all the time, go to the next one Smile
As a follow up to Brad's suggestion, Jersey's being planned.
Hellguard,

the next tournament will be in New Jersey sometime after the 8th of March. My guess is the third weekend of March. You will see a topic when there is more information. I will add you to the PM list and you will get a PM notification.
(Feb. 23, 2009  7:59 AM)Anubis Wrote: Hellguard,

the next tournament will be in New Jersey sometime after the 8th of March. My guess is the third weekend of March. You will see a topic when there is more information. I will add you to the PM list and you will get a PM notification.

It might be on March 14th, I will let you know for sure.
So are the pics/vids from this tournament ready yet? :3
You will know when they are ready. I'm working on commissions right now so I can't work on the video yet.
Just curious, what new program are you using? Sony Vegas? Final Cut?
The former. Sony Vegas. I haven't even started learning it yet, but I'll figure it out.
(Mar. 01, 2009  5:10 AM)Anubis Wrote: The former. Sony Vegas. I haven't even started learning it yet, but I'll figure it out.

I love it! saved my life from WMM. It takes some time to getting used to, but a powerful program nonetheless. Man, I hate WMM so much...
I haven't even started it, but it'll be done. Everything kind of hit the fan with my family. My mom's in the hospital and stuff, so...
Hm, my best wishes to you. u_u