Forge Disk - 8

Quote:8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
8, like other even numbered Core Disks, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps, akin to the Knuckle Disk, which takes weight away from the center and creates high Outward Weight Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features perfect for Stamina. Furthermore, 8 is one of the heaviest Disks in the game, heavier than Heavy, Gravity, 2, 4, and 6 and its use can bolster a Beyblade's Knock-Out resistance and attack potential, however, like other heavy disks with high OWD such as Gravity, the use of 8 decreases a Beyblade's Burst resistance as a trade off.

==Overall==
8 is a highly versatile Disk, its balance and OWD boosts stamina, its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. While 8's poor Burst resistance is a trade off, the weight of many Evolution/God Layers and Metal God Chips can compensate. As such, every blader should own a copy of this part.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-79 Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing
  • Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (purple ver.) (purple painted)
  • B-87 Maximum Garuda 8Flow Flugel (Random Booster Vol. 7)
  • B-87 Acid Anubis 8Vortex Loop (Random Booster Vol. 7)
  • Yaeger Yggdrasil 8____ ____ (Random Booster Vol. 8)
==Hasbro==
(Sep. 19, 2017  8:26 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
8, like other even numbered Core Disks, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps, akin to the Knuckle Disk, which takes weight away from the center and creates high Outward Weight Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features perfect for Stamina. Furthermore, 8 is one of the heaviest Disks in the game, heavier than Heavy, Gravity, 2, 4, and 6 and its use can bolster a Beyblade's Knock-Out resistance and attack potential, however, like other heavy disks with high OWD such as Gravity, the use of 8 decreases a Beyblade's Burst resistance as a trade off.

==Overall==
8 is a highly versatile Disk, its balance and OWD boosts stamina, its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. While 8's poor Burst resistance is a trade off, the weight of many Evolution/God Layers and Metal God Chips can compensate. As such, every blader should own a copy of this part.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Just to note, 7 can be better in many situations, and is preferred.
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:12 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Just to note, 7 can be better in many situations, and is preferred.

Admittedly I don’t know anything a bout 7 other than it being the heaviest disk

It’s not unbalanced due to the asymmetrical design?
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:28 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:12 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Just to note, 7 can be better in many situations, and is preferred.

Admittedly I don’t know anything a bout 7 other than it being the heaviest disk

7 outweighs 8, and in actuality, it is very stable. The design only really looks unbalanced.
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:33 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:28 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Admittedly I don’t know anything a bout 7 other than it being the heaviest disk

7 outweighs 8, and in actuality, it is very stable. The design only really looks unbalanced.

What about OWD? Comparable?
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:38 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:33 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: 7 outweighs 8, and in actuality, it is very stable. The design only really looks unbalanced.

What about OWD? Comparable?

Not really sure, but it has been described to me as basically a better 8. It's mainly used in Attack combos and on mG though, so not sure.

EDIT: 7 is heavier, but has less Stamina and OWD. It's less burstable as a result, I think, and it's high weight gives it use in Attack.

(BTW Dibs on 7 article.)
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:40 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  11:38 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: What about OWD? Comparable?

Not really sure, but it has been described to me as basically a better 8. It's mainly used in Attack combos and on mG though, so not sure.

EDIT: 7 is heavier, but has less Stamina and OWD. It's less burstable as a result, I think, and it's high weight gives it use in Attack.

(BTW Dibs on 7 article.)

Fair enough
Usually I wouldn't suggest adding trivia to pages, (since most wikia trivia is a little... yeah :p) but it might be worth noting that 8 sticks on Reboot like Quarter does? It's not game changing info or anything that makes either part viable, but it's probably worth noting.
i think guardian kerbeus 8 glaive/cross revolve should be mentioned in the suggested combo and also it should be mention that this combo should be used with a A mould God chip.also i think this combo would also be good its a defense type Alter chronus 8 glaive/cross atomic.8 isnt good with mG cuz it makes it easier to burst thats why it shouldnt be added.
Um no mention of Flame disk that can go with it? I think it's very important thing to mention.
(Sep. 20, 2017  10:33 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Um no mention of Flame disk that can go with it? I think it's very important thing to mention.

Check in the overall section, Glaive seems to be the only really good option for a Stamina/Defense disk like this
U should add suggested combos
(Sep. 19, 2017  8:26 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: 8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
8 can be used in the Stamina Combination Guardian Kerbeus 8Glaive/Cross Revolve. Guardian Kerbeus' Stamina is bolstered by 8's OWD while gK's Burst resistance with an A Mold God Chip can compensate for the Burst risk 8 creates and Glaive/Cross and Revolve add Life After Death.

==Overall==
8 is a highly versatile Disk, its balance and OWD boosts stamina, its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. While 8's poor Burst resistance is a trade off, the weight of many Evolution/God Layers and Metal God Chips can compensate. However, other Disks such as 4 and 2 have comparable amounts of stamina and weight with considerably less Burst risk. As such, 8 is not a must have but a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

The competitive combo list doesn't mention anything about 8 and thinking about it, higher burst risk is really bad in this game
(Sep. 21, 2017  4:52 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2017  8:26 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: 8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
8 can be used in the Stamina Combination Guardian Kerbeus 8Glaive/Cross Revolve. Guardian Kerbeus' Stamina is bolstered by 8's OWD while gK's Burst resistance with an A Mold God Chip can compensate for the Burst risk 8 creates and Glaive/Cross and Revolve add Life After Death.Like other Stamina Customizations,this Customization is also weak against attack types.

==Overall==
8 is a highly versatile Disk, its balance and OWD boosts stamina, its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. While 8's poor Burst resistance is a trade off, the weight of many Evolution/God Layers and Metal God Chips can compensate. However, other Disks such as 4 and 2 have comparable amounts of stamina and weight with considerably less Burst risk. As such, 8 is not a must have but a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

The competitive combo list doesn't mention anything about 8 and thinking about it, higher burst risk is really bad in this game
added the fact that its weak against attack,not sure if 8 is good with aC+atomic too.rest looks great
8 weighs 21.3 without frame it isnt heavier than 2,4,6.
(Sep. 21, 2017  4:52 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: 8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
8, like other even numbered Core Disks, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps, akin to the Knuckle Disk, which takes weight away from the center and creates high Outward-Weight-Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features perfect for Stamina. Furthermore, 8 is one of the heaviest Disks in the game, heavier than Heavy, Gravity, 2, 4, and 6 and its use can bolster a Beyblade's Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. However, like other heavy disks with high Outward-Weight-Distribution such as Gravity and Ring, the use of 8 severely decreases a Beyblade's Burst resistance as a trade off.

==Overall==
8 would be a highly versatile Disk as its balance and Outward-Weight-Distribution boosts stamina and its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. However, the severe Burst risk posed by the Outward-Weight-Distribution makes it outclassed by 4 and 7 which equal or surpass 8 in terms of Stamina with far less Burst resistance.

As such, 8 is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
(Feb. 14, 2018  5:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2017  4:52 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: 8 is a Forge Disk released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
8, like other even numbered Core Disks, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps, akin to the Knuckle Disk, which takes weight away from the center and creates high Outward-Weight-Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features perfect for Stamina. Furthermore, 8 is one of the heaviest Disks in the game, heavier than Heavy, Gravity, 2, 4, and 6 and its use can bolster a Beyblade's Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. However, like other heavy disks with high Outward-Weight-Distribution such as Gravity and Ring, the use of 8 severely decreases a Beyblade's Burst resistance as a trade off.

==Overall==
8 would be a highly versatile Disk as its balance and Outward-Weight-Distribution boosts stamina and its weight boosts Knock-Out resistance and attack potential. As a Core Disk, certain Frames such as Glaive can add traits such as Life After Death. However, the severe Burst risk posed by the Outward-Weight-Distribution makes it outclassed by 4 and 7 which equal or surpass 8 in terms of Stamina with far less Burst resistance.

As such, 8 is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

For the overall section you said 4 and 7 have far less burst resistance shouldn’t it be far less burst risk
Just wondering, why is 8 listed as weight: 1 yet it states in it's description that it is one of the heaviest discs in the game?
(May. 18, 2018  5:57 AM)Arcosst Wrote: Just wondering, why is 8 listed as weight: 1 yet it states in it's description that it is one of the heaviest discs in the game?

Because Takara Tomy just makes up those numbers
(May. 18, 2018  7:37 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 18, 2018  5:57 AM)Arcosst Wrote: Just wondering, why is 8 listed as weight: 1 yet it states in it's description that it is one of the heaviest discs in the game?

Because Takara Tomy just makes up those numbers

Really? I didn't know that I thought all that info was put in by the community who edits it. I wonder why they would do that..
(May. 18, 2018  4:24 PM)Arcosst Wrote:
(May. 18, 2018  7:37 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Because Takara Tomy just makes up those numbers

Really? I didn't know that I thought all that info was put in by the community who edits it. I wonder why they would do that..
Yeah, those 5 or 6 (depending on the type of part) stats are just numbers from the official TT website that has the PNG images for the parts and stuff.
That's too bad. I wish I could look at the information and see it relative to other parts accurately.
(May. 18, 2018  6:46 PM)Arcosst Wrote: That's too bad. I wish I could look at the information and see it relative to other parts accurately.
I can post the link to the site if you want.

The stats go in this order if I remember correctly: Attack, Defense, Stamina, Weight, Speed, and Burst.

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts/
I have heard that 8 allows cho z layers to have more movement on attack setups also cho z layers have enough burst resistance to compensate for 8s burst resistance