Forge Disc - D03 Gravity

Quote:D03, also known in Japan as Gravity, is a Forge Disc and a part of Beyblade Burst. It debuted with the release of Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve on April 2, 2016.

==Description==

*Weight: 21.6 grams

Gravity has a thick, octagonal shape and bears designs that resemble steel plates on each of its eight segments. As with all Forge Discs, it has two tabs that protrude from the top and fit in the slots in the Energy Layer. These tabs are marked with a stylized ‘G’ to identify the Forge Disc.

Gravity is tied with Heavy for the heaviest Forge Disc in the game, making it a solid choice for adding weight to the Beyblade and increasing its KO Defense. Compared to the rather compact Heavy, Gravity has a larger diameter and more of its weight packed around its perimeter, giving it arguably the best Stamina in the game and increasing the mobility of more aggressive combos with the flywheel effect. The high spin momentum provided by Gravity's Outward Weight Distribution means that the overall Beyblade will not lose much spin upon collision with an opponent, however that means that the force of the impact will instead be absorbed by the Energy Layer, causing it to skip teeth to cope with the shock.

===Use in Balance Customization===

Gravity can be used in the Defense/Stamina hybrid, '''Doomscizor D2 Gravity Defense'''. Gravity increases the Stamina and KO Defense of the combo compared to other Forge Discs like Spread or Heavy, while Doomscizor D2 has enough Burst Defense capabilities to overcompensate for Gravity’s increased risk of Bursting.

===Use in Stamina Customization===

As Gravity possesses some of the highest raw Stamina in the game, it can be used on the pure Stamina combo Doomscizor Gravity Revolve. While this combo is capable of outspinning nearly any opponent, the use of Gravity in conjunction with Doomscizor means that it also has very poor Burst Defense, making it a risky yet effective choice.

==Products==

*B-36/B9489 Roktovar R2 Gravity Revolve
*B-49 01 Yegdrion Y2 Gravity Yielding (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)
*B-49 08 Kerbeus K2 Gravity Revolve (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)

I'm aware that KO/Burst Attack/Defense aren't universally acknowledged terms on the WBO and there are some players who refuse to use them, but ~Mana~ gave me the 'ok' to include them in this draft, especially since the choice to use Gravity over another Disk affects those attributes most in a combo.
[/quote]

I'm aware that KO/Burst Attack/Defense aren't universally acknowledged terms on the WBO and there are some players who refuse to use them, but ~Mana~ gave me the 'ok' to include them in this draft, especially since the choice to use Gravity over another Disk affects those attributes most in a combo.
I made a few small corrections in the quote below, like an extra "is" in the first sentence of the description. Other than that, I just do not find that the attributes listed explain why Gravity is bad for Burst Defense at all. By the way, I totally agree with that terminology and we should really embrace it and write articles for them as well.

(Nov. 26, 2016  6:39 AM)Wombat Wrote:
Quote:D03, also known in Japan as Gravity, is a Forge Disc and a part of Beyblade Burst. It debuted with the release of Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve on April 2, 2016.

==Description==

*Weight: 21.6 grams

Gravity has a thick, octagonal shape and bears designs that resemble steel plates on each of its eight segments. As with all Forge Discs, it has two tabs that protrude from the top and fit in the slots in the Energy Layer. These tabs are marked with a stylized ‘G’ to identify the Forge Disc.

Gravity is tied with Heavy for the heaviest Forge Disc in the game, making it a solid choice for adding weight to the Beyblade and increasing its KO Defense. Compared to the rather compact Heavy, Gravity has a larger diameter and more of its weight packed around its perimeter, giving it arguably the best Stamina in the game and increasing the mobility of more aggressive combos with the flywheel effect. However, while its weight provides excellent KO Defense and its weight distribution provides excellent Stamina, these traits also make it a poor choice for Burst Defense due to making the Beyblade's Energy Layer relatively easier to unclick.

===Use in Balance Customization===

Gravity can be used in the Defense/Stamina hybrid, '''Doomscizor D2 Gravity Defense'''. Gravity increases the Stamina and KO Defense of the combo compared to other Forge Discs like Spread or Heavy, while Doomscizor D2 has enough Burst Defense capabilities to overcompensate for Gravity’s increased risk of Bursting.

===Use in Stamina Customization===

As Gravity possesses some of the highest raw Stamina in the game, it can be used on the pure Stamina combo Doomscizor Gravity Revolve. While this combo is capable of outspinning nearly any opponent, the use of Gravity in conjunction with Doomscizor means that it also has very poor Burst Defense, making it a risky yet effective choice.

==Products==

*Roktovar R2 Gravity Revolve
*Yegdrion Y2 Gravity Yielding (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)
*Kerbeus K2 Gravity Revolve (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)

(Nov. 28, 2016  1:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I made a few small corrections in the quote below, like an extra "is" in the first sentence of the description. Other than that, I just do not find that the attributes listed explain why Gravity is bad for Burst Defense at all. By the way, I totally agree with that terminology and we should really embrace it and write articles for them as well.

Thanks for the edits. I spoke with a few other users about how I would go about why Gravity was bad for Burst Defense, but most of the ways I could explain it concisely used physics terms like torque, moment of inertia, and angular velocity/momentum that were likely too advanced for Beyblade Wiki's target audience (and also probably misused in the context of the article since I'm not too knowledgeable about the proper use cases for them).

The long explanation is: since most of Gravity's weight is on its perimeter, it means that it is more difficult to 'slow down' when it is hit (think of how a Compact in Plastics loses spin more quickly when hit, while something using like Wide Defense is much better at retaining spin) as opposed to something like Heavy. As the Disk carries most of the Beyblade's mass, and the Layer technically rotates 'independently' of the Disk and Driver when a force (the collision between the two Beyblades) is applied to it, the Disk keeps moving 'forward' while the Layer is pushed 'backward' by the opponent. And as a Disk with higher Outward Weight Distribution is harder to slow down, the force of the hit goes more towards rotating the Layer instead rather than slowing the whole Beyblade down. If that makes any sense at all. At least I think that's how it works.

If you or someone can think of a more concise way to communicate this (maybe @[Angry Face] @[Cake] or @[The Supreme One] could help?), be my guest.
Hm, we could simply add, in basic terms: "Its spin momentum keeps the overall Beyblade up and rotating on the tip, however that means that the force of an impact will more likely be absorbed by the Layer, causing it to skip teeth to cop with the shock."

What do you think?
(Nov. 29, 2016  3:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, we could simply add, in basic terms: "Its spin momentum keeps the overall Beyblade up and rotating on the tip, however that means that the force of an impact will more likely be absorbed by the Layer, causing it to skip teeth to cop with the shock."

What do you think?

It's a good starting point, but the way you worded it makes it sound more as if Gravity keeps the Beyblade upright/on balance longer and its tendency to Burst is a result of that which isn't the point I was originally trying to communicate (though you're not wrong by any means, more OWD generally equals better balance/precession, as [)ragon points out here in his wooden dowel example).

I changed a few things from that and added it to the description. How does it sound to you?

Quote:Gravity is tied with Heavy for the heaviest Forge Disc in the game, making it a solid choice for adding weight to the Beyblade and increasing its KO Defense. Compared to the rather compact Heavy, Gravity has a larger diameter and more of its weight packed around its perimeter, giving it arguably the best Stamina in the game and increasing the mobility of more aggressive combos with the flywheel effect. The high spin momentum provided by Gravity's Outward Weight Distribution means that the overall Beyblade will not lose much spin upon collision with an opponent, however that means that the force of the impact will instead be absorbed by the Energy Layer, causing it to skip teeth to cope with the shock.
Sounds good to me. Both informative and easy to understand, which is what we're aiming for. Good work Wombat!

I'll get put into a template shortly. As per most drafts, we'all probably want an Overall heading as well, though I can easily write that up based on the information you've contributed here.
It sounds good, albeit not optimal, but I am not sure what we can do while remaining comprehensible to fans of all ages hah.
This draft has now been published. Thanks for your hard work!
gravity is also used in attack combos like V/X G X and for defense combos like K2 G O.
1. In the English dub D03 is also known as Gravity. Only on the packaging the name isn't mentioned. Everywhere else it is called Gravity.
2. The Gs on the disk tabs aren't stylized. They are just a simple print writing G.
3. An unpainted Gravity is heavier than an unpainted Heavy by a few milligrams so technically they don't weigh the same.
4. I don't think Gravity has the best Stamina in the game. From my experience Spread is the best one for Stamina.

Other than that it's a really good article in my opinion. :)
(Jun. 22, 2017  8:11 AM)TL14 Wrote: 1. In the English dub D03 is also known as Gravity. Only on the packaging the name isn't mentioned. Everywhere else it is called Gravity.
2. The Gs on the disk tabs aren't stylized. They are just a simple print writing G.
3. An unpainted Gravity is heavier than an unpainted Heavy by a few milligrams so technically they don't weigh the same.
4. I don't think Gravity has the best Stamina in the game. From my experience Spread is the best one for Stamina.

Other than that it's a really good article in my opinion. :)

not being rude but i think gravity has the best stamina i actually saw in a disc testing thread the average solo spintime for DGR was 1 min and 39 secs for DKR it was 1 min and 38 secs and for DSR it was 1 min 36 sec but then again my knowledge is limited to drafts and vids.also i think due to having greater weight gravity might provide a stronger flywheel effect.
(Jun. 22, 2017  10:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  8:11 AM)TL14 Wrote: 1. In the English dub D03 is also known as Gravity. Only on the packaging the name isn't mentioned. Everywhere else it is called Gravity.

Other than that it's a really good article in my opinion. Smile

not being rude but i think gravity has the best stamina i actually saw in a disc testing thread the average solo spintime for DGR was 1 min and 39 secs for DKR it was 1 min and 38 secs and for DSR it was 1 min 36 sec but then again my knowledge is limited to drafts and vids.also i think due to having greater weight gravity might provide a stronger flywheel effect.

solo spin time means nothing spread has better lad and as a result is better than gravity and in burst you got to take into consideration that the parts may not have been perfectly balanced
(Jun. 22, 2017  10:47 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  10:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: not being rude but i think gravity has the best stamina i actually saw in a disc testing thread the average solo spintime for DGR was 1 min and 39 secs for DKR it was 1 min and 38 secs and for DSR it was 1 min 36 sec but then again my knowledge is limited to drafts and vids.also i think due to having greater weight gravity might provide a stronger flywheel effect.

solo spin time means nothing spread has better lad and as a result is better than gravity and in burst you got to take into consideration that the parts may not have been perfectly balanced

i think solo spin times are only way to know a disks stamina i mean what other tests could be done to determine which disk has better stamina i think knuckle might have equal or better staamina than spread i think there should be testings of knuckle vs spread vs gravity.
(Jun. 22, 2017  11:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  10:47 AM)mj9 Wrote: solo spin time means nothing spread has better lad and as a result is better than gravity and in burst you got to take into consideration that the parts may not have been perfectly balanced

i think solo spin times are only way to know a disks stamina i mean what other tests could be done to determine which disk has better stamina i think knuckle might have equal or better staamina than spread i think there should be testings of knuckle vs spread vs gravity.

Um maybe put them against each other in a mirror match and make sure all the parts are perfectly balanced
(Jun. 22, 2017  11:59 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  11:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think solo spin times are only way to know a disks stamina i mean what other tests could be done to determine which disk has better stamina i think knuckle might have equal or better staamina than spread i think there should be testings of knuckle vs spread vs gravity.

Um maybe put them against each other in a mirror match and make sure all the parts are perfectly balanced

i dont think that would work cuz then whoever launched second will win.pretty sure if u launch spread custom combo first then yell custom combo pretty sure yell combo would win
(Jun. 22, 2017  12:02 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  11:59 AM)mj9 Wrote: Um maybe put them against each other in a mirror match and make sure all the parts are perfectly balanced

i dont think that would work cuz then whoever launched second will win.pretty sure if u launch spread custom combo first then yell custom combo pretty sure yell combo would win

Then you'll do Alternate launches
(Jun. 22, 2017  12:52 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  12:02 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i dont think that would work cuz then whoever launched second will win.pretty sure if u launch spread custom combo first then yell custom combo pretty sure yell combo would win

Then you'll do Alternate launches

yea but then whoever launched second will win
(Jun. 22, 2017  1:15 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  12:52 PM)mj9 Wrote: Then you'll do Alternate launches

yea but then whoever launched second will win

Not always... Which is what helps determine what the best Disc is. Clearly you have never conducted similar tests before.
(Jun. 22, 2017  2:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  1:15 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yea but then whoever launched second will win

Not always... Which is what helps determine what the best Disc is. Clearly you have never conducted similar tests before.

yes thats true but i think if someone launches both combos using the disks whose stamina to be tested at the same time that could tell which disk has better stamina other wise if one combo is launched first then the one launched second will probably win if that combo isnt using a disk with with terrible stamina like armed. i think solo spin times are important for determining a disc's stamina cuz loss of spin is goverened by the layer.
(Jun. 23, 2017  12:13 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  2:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Not always... Which is what helps determine what the best Disc is. Clearly you have never conducted similar tests before.

yes thats true but i think if someone launches both combos using the disks whose stamina to be tested at the same time that could tell which disk has better stamina other wise if one combo is launched first then the one launched second will probably win if that combo isnt using a disk with with terrible stamina like armed. i think solo spin times are important for determining a disc's stamina cuz loss of spin is goverened by the layer.

The whole Beyblade is responsible for loss of spin it's impossible to blam one individual part
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:10 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  12:13 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: yes thats true but i think if someone launches both combos using the disks whose stamina to be tested at the same time that could tell which disk has better stamina other wise if one combo is launched first then the one launched second will probably win if that combo isnt using a disk with with terrible stamina like armed. i think solo spin times are important for determining a disc's stamina cuz loss of spin is goverened by the layer.

The whole Beyblade is responsible for loss of spin it's impossible to blam one individual part

ok but then which disc has the best stamina knuckle,gravity or spread which is the main question.
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:10 AM)mj9 Wrote: The whole Beyblade is responsible for loss of spin it's impossible to blam one individual part

ok but then which disc has the best stamina knuckle,gravity or spread which is the main question
if were going pure stamina spread as it has lad but in burst knuckle and gravity have better burst defense for little stamina loss which is why they are more used
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:48 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: ok but then which disc has the best stamina knuckle,gravity or spread which is the main question
if were going pure stamina spread as it has lad but in burst knuckle and gravity have better burst defense for little stamina loss which is why they are more used

from what i have heard spread and knuckle are less prone to bursting than gravity.
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:48 AM)mj9 Wrote: if were going pure stamina spread as it has lad but in burst knuckle and gravity have better burst defense for little stamina loss which is why they are more used

from what i have heard spread and knuckle are less prone to bursting than gravity.

You can't generalize that, in most scenarios knuckle is better but in certain scenarios gravity outshine knuckle, from what I've heard that happens when gravity is at a certain RPM (not too hard, not too soft) but usually gravity is better than spread in terms of burst defense due to the weight distribution of the discs.
(Jun. 23, 2017  12:17 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  7:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: from what i have heard spread and knuckle are less prone to bursting than gravity.

You can't generalize that, in most scenarios knuckle is better but in certain scenarios gravity outshine knuckle, from what I've heard that happens when gravity is at a certain RPM (not too hard, not too soft) but usually gravity is better than spread in terms of burst defense due to the weight distribution of the discs.

from what u r saying i assume spread would have more outward weight distribution than gravity.