39.29%
MFB (Zero-G)
10.71%
Limited (Standard)
35.71%
Limited (Zero-G)
3.57%
Total: 100% 28 vote(s)
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, so if it's in the wrong place, could someone please move it?

Anyway, what's your favourite WBO tournament format? Make sure you elaborate, or you will be reported.

As for me, the plastic and standard limited formats are my favourites. The plastic beyblades were always my favourite, and even though I've never participated in a plastic tournament, I would very much like to.
The standard limited format is my favourite MFB format because I get to use the beyblades that I used when I first began beyblading and have a chance at winning. Also, the metagame is fairly balanced, with no parts dominating the tournament scene.

So post and vote, but be sure to elaborate, say why you like the format you do.
I like Zero-G, because it is pretty unpredictable. Combos usually have a 50-50 chance of working perfectly. It requires the least thinking, and I hat thinking!

I also like Standard since it's just fun. I don't even know how to put it. It's fun to try out different combos, since it is the oldest of MFB, it has the most knowledge on it and I just think it deserves a spot as my favorite.
Do I really need to elaborate? Limited. Why you ask: I loved the old metal wheels, it gives old Beyblades a good chance in battle, so many random customizations and it's the only format I've tested in so far, hah.
Plastics Tongue_out
It's all random. MFB is kinda cookie-cutter, plastics are unpredictable.
A Bump King could win xD
(Jun. 29, 2014  5:11 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Plastics Tongue_out
A Bump King could win xD
Well let's not stretch it XD
I do agree though. In plastics, there's always a chance for the underdog. In other formats the chance lessens.
There's limited Zero-G now...? <3

But my answer would be standard. I used to watch tournament footage of Lightning Tank screwing people up, then there was Basalt, and 4D, and synchromes! It's always been my best format by far, and I love the skill involved. Like I could (and have) launched a stamina combo with the goal to KO something too low. Risk-taking is a thrill, and combo versatility is an aspect I value in excess.
Mine is standard

As much as I like having a certain amount of parts I also like to expand and experiment
I like Standard best - I like the feel of the heavier Beyblades, and I like the customizability offered by Synchromes. Though Synchromes still have the same number of parts as regular MFB, changing up the Chrome Wheels has far more effect on the Beyblade's performance than switching Clear Wheels, and thus allows for more variance in combos. I would like if we had a 4D Limited system that banned all Synchromes (with some exceptions), like how Limited bans all 4D onwards (with some exceptions). It might be harder to maintain game balance, since Flash was kind of wrecking Defense until Revizer^2 came along, but it would be interesting to use my 4D wheels again. My Death never gets used and is so lonelyyyyyy Unhappy
I like Standard best. It has the more customizable parts than HMS and Limited. It relies a bit less on luck than in Zero-G. And it has longer battles than most Plastic battles.
zero-g, because it's so much fun when the stadium is moving and beys getting swayed, it's just my favorite format!!!!!!!!Tongue_out
Defnitely Limited format. So many useful parts and more possibilities of good combinations compared to standard and zero g <3.
(Jun. 29, 2014  6:01 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2014  5:11 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Plastics Tongue_out
A Bump King could win xD
Well let's not stretch it XD
I do agree though. In plastics, there's always a chance for the underdog. In other formats the chance lessens.

If used properly, a Bump King can seriously win.
Not lying.
That's why Plastics are so much fun. I'd rather not always use a Syncrome with a Metal Face heavy and F230...and CF... It's so boring an repetitive. Zero-G isn't fully controllable, so it's kinda fun.
I'm a big fan of Zero-G, and while I do enjoy Standard, the unpredictably of Zero-G adds excitement. I've seen plenty of upsets from Beys that really should have been outclassed, but something crazy happens in the bowl and it ekes out a win.

From all the tournaments I've hosted so far, nothing beats the excitement of a Zero-G format one.
(Jul. 07, 2014  2:13 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I'm a big fan of Zero-G, and while I do enjoy Standard, the unpredictably of Zero-G adds excitement. I've seen plenty of upsets from Beys that really should have been outclassed, but something crazy happens in the bowl and it ekes out a win.

From all the tournaments I've hosted so far, nothing beats the excitement of a Zero-G format one.
i would have to agree with you on that, and the excitement of zero-g format is amazing, but one question? how come i can't post a vote? it's not working for me?Pinching_eyes_2
I actually just made a list from beginning to end of my favourite formats, on top of me elaborating:
  • 1) Zero-G Format
  • 2) Limited Format
  • 3) Standard Format

Among the five, yes, five, our forum presently has up there as of now, Zero-G has always stood out to me the most. It's because, it's always cool seeing nice sways being pulled off, and the excitement you'd receive just watching alone. As Naijalak already mentioned, it gives heavily outclassed Beyblades somewhat of a chance to shine, though probably not as much as Limited, hah. I mean, a Storm_E230GCF might win against a Duo_BGrin for all we know.

Limited Format has always been great, too! Although I myself didn't do too great at GBT2 in Limited, it was always quite enjoyable watching non-synchromes, and other Beyblades with not as much competitive use as a competitive Wyvang Dragoon, or something along the lines of that a chance to shine.

Although I've been doing relatively well in some of the past Standard events in Toronto, the battles probably aren't as enjoyable in comparison to battles in both Zero-G and Limited. On top of that, I regularly see the exact same competitive combos, which can get quite boring having the same things for usage over, and over again. Despite that, it's a great format, and wouldn't have a problem playing in that format, either.
(Jul. 08, 2014  2:42 AM)~Midnight~ Wrote: I actually just made a list from beginning to end of my favourite formats, on top of me elaborating:
  • 1) Zero-G Format
  • 2) Limited Format
  • 3) Standard Format

Among the five, yes, five, our forum presently has up there as of now, Zero-G has always stood out to me the most. It's because, it's always cool seeing nice sways being pulled off, and the excitement you'd receive just watching alone. As Naijalak already mentioned, it gives heavily outclassed Beyblades somewhat of a chance to shine, though probably not as much as Limited, hah. I mean, a Storm_E230GCF might win against a Duo_BGrin for all we know.

Limited Format has always been great, too! Although I myself didn't do too great at GBT2 in Limited, it was always quite enjoyable watching non-synchromes, and other Beyblades with not as much competitive use as a competitive Wyvang Dragoon, or something along the lines of that a chance to shine.

Although I've been doing relatively well in some of the past Standard events in Toronto, the battles probably aren't as enjoyable in comparison to battles in both Zero-G and Limited. On top of that, I regularly see the exact same competitive combos, which can get quite boring having the same things for usage over, and over again. Despite that, it's a great format, and wouldn't have a problem playing in that format, either.
If may ask; what is your opinion on Bakuten Shoot and HMS?
HMS is probably my favorite format. I just love the size of HMS, and the fact that Attack is OP makes everyone in Maryland unafraid to use it.

I also love that you can show of your rare HMS at tourneys. Eee
Obviously, "The Limited Format" is the best !!
Because I think that the limited format give the previous beyblades a chance to shine, but that does not mean that I didn't like the "The Standard Format" its always more likely to win with heavy parts ! Tongue_out_wink , I also like "The Zero-G Format" but its not too good nor too bad !

But my favorite is "The Limited Format"
Standard Format. It's the original, and its irreplaceable. I like Limited, because it gives less fortunate bladers a chance to win, but I think Standard balances out, you just need the right parts to dominate properly.
I'm all in on Standard. I'm so use to the normal way of play, with a lot of ferociousness and extremely hard impact. Plastics and HMS, while good, do not last long enough for me. Zero-G's not bad either, but it's just that the rocking of the stadium takes out and BD145 combo I feel like using. I despise both Team and limited. With limited, you pretty much take away the 90% of my combos that I use (MF-H Meteo L-Drago TR145EWD FTL) and with team, I'm just never gonna find anybody willing to play on my team AND it's unfair when the OP team of 3 high ranked players gets 3 lower ranked players. Just unfair to me.
I love Limited. Not only does Limited let parts shine that normally wouldn't get the chance, but it adds more excitement to the game as well. You get to discover all these cool things parts could do that you never would have figured out if you didn't have a limited number of parts to choose from.

Not only that, but I also like how Limited is much more structured, and I feel it opens a wider door for testing than Standard, simply because of the whole factor of finding out interesting uses for parts.
Technically, besides Hasbro's Metal Fury Metal Wheels, everything that shines in the Limited Format did shine at the moment of their release in Standard Format, but they got outclassed. You really had to be there to experience it, hah. For people like me, we are mostly just going back in time to something that we already experienced.