Favorite bands!

Just to point out, I think Roan wants you to discuss the bands, not just list them.
My favorite bands are:
Norma Jean
Inhale Exhale
Linkin Park
As I Lay Dying
Lost Prophets
Crossfade
Breaking Benjamin
Bey Brad Wrote:Just to point out, I think Roan wants you to discuss the bands, not just list them.

Correct.

You guys could at least attempt to mention WHY these are your favorite bands.

Because we all know list threads are pointless.
Panic at the Disco
My friend introduced this band to me a few months after they debuted. I liked I Write Sins Not Tragedies at the time, but after listening to their other music, I began to hate I Write Sins. I don't like the new album (Pretty. Odd), but I love their first album (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out). My favorite song from them is Time to Dance, with Camisado a close second, and But it's Better if you Do in third.

Nickelback
I heard about them one Christmas when I got their latest album All The Right Reasons. I dunno, I just like their music. My favorite songs from them are Photograph, Savin' Me, and Side of a Bullet.

Utada Hikaru (not really a band, but whatever)
I heard about Hikaru when I first played Kingdom Hearts. I didn't think much of Utada at that point; once I heard Sanctuary in KH2, I started liking her; after I downloaded and listened to the New Years Internet Live performance of Passion ~after the battle~, I started listening to her music more. I love her music, such as Sanctuary, Passion ~after the battle~, Final Distance, First Love, and Traveling.

UVERworld
Surprisingly, I didn't hear about UVERworld from Bleach, but while looking for a possible Kingdom Hearts theme (for a fanfic I planned on writing). I looked up japanese songs and found Colors of the Heart. After that, I found D-tecnolife, and for a while, those were the only songs I listened to from UVERworld. My love for UVERworld came back when I heard Gekidou, which is now my favorite song from them. I listened to some of their older stuff, and now I can say my favorite songs from UVERworld are Gekidou, LIFEsize, EDIT: Shaka Beach ~Laka Laka La~.
I have to add a couple of bands that I forgot to my list. Check my OP.
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Angels And Airwaves
Blink 182
the band of "Blow Me Away" (Forgot his name)
(Aug. 05, 2008  4:27 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Disturbed
Linkin Park
Angels And Airwaves
Blink 182
the band of "Blow Me Away" (Forgot his name)
...*pokes*
Look below.

(Jul. 31, 2008  1:49 AM)Roan Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Just to point out, I think Roan wants you to discuss the bands, not just list them.

Correct.

Chief - Uh.

EDITS: If you don't have time to elaborate, just say that you don't have the time. Just be sure to elaborate when you HAVE the time; don't promise to elaborate and then fail to do so.
The Beatles and Tool are my favorite.

Others include Seether, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Sublime, Muse, My Chemical Romance, The Monkees, Blink-182, +44, 30 Seconds to Mars, Coheed and Cambria, and Chevelle.

The Beatles are my favorite for obvious reasons, so much innovation <3
I'm not gonna like, I'm a huge weaboo when it comes to the bands I listen to. =w=a

AAA (Attack All Around)
They are very much manufactured pop music, but I don't really care lol. Their songs are catchy and there's enough variety that it never gets old.

LM.C (Lovely Mocochang.com)
Not your average JRock band, lol. They blend rock, pop, electronica, and hip hop into some weird mix of awesome and it works. They're probably my favourite band ever after seeing them live at Anime Expo this year. |D Some of my favourite songs are 88, BOYS & GIRLS (both are openings for Katekyo Hitman REBORN!), Rock the LM.C, Oh My Juliet, and marble-s.

That's... pretty much all I listen to, actually (video game music doesn't count as bands, sry2say).
Some of my all-time favorite bands at the moment...

illScarlett - A mix of reggae, rock and punk. They've got some rocker songs and some chill songs and althogether it's pretty good. Really intricate guitar work on the first moments of the track Who's Got It?, off the All Day With It album. I don't know, it was a different band for me and I really enjoy their music.

Favorite songs - Pacino, NTF, The Fasion (Do or Die), Who's Got It?

Nirvana - I don't care what people say about them being overrated. I think it's getting to a point where they're so overrated they're underrated, if that make any sense. I don't think their the best band in the world, but Kurt wrote song catchy songs and great melodies. And I love the raw sound of the In Utero album. Just a "who gives a carp, as long as its played with passion" attitude about it.

Favorite Songs: Drain You, Lounge Act, On A Plain, Serve the Servants, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Very Ape

The Strokes - I'm really digging this garage-rock revival sort of stuff. I like how you can just chill to the music, but at the same time it still rocks. I love Julian's voice. I don't really know what else to say since I'm not an expert on the genre. I must also add that Casablancas is a kickass last name.

Favorite Songs - Is This It, Hard to Explain, What Ever Happened?, Reptilia, Juice Box, Electricityscape

Jack's Mannequin - It's piano rock and quite poppy-sounding due to the polished recordings. But their first album, Everything in Transit, is really catchy stuff. I just really enjoy it because every song reminds me of summer and all the responsibility-free memories I have of it from the past. I also really like the sound of Andrew's voice, even when he talks it sounds kinda cool.

Favorite Songs - Holiday from Real, The Mixed Tape, Miss Delany, Into the Airwaves

Sum 41 - I think this band will always have a special place on my MP3 Player, not matter how old I get. It's a shame their lead guitarist left because they had a lot of potential to be good if he had stayed. Underclass Hero was a total let down and pretty embarassing I thought. They had a lot more musical skill in their last album. Don't take this as a "I chose Sum 41 over all other bands I could've liked out there."

I try to balance out my music a bit with what I listen to. Some other bands I like:
The Clash, The Hives, Box Car Racer, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, Muse, Billy Talent, Pixies, Thrice, Brown Brigade, Protest the Hero, Oasis, Foo Fighters, Anti-Flag, Blink-182 (only self-titled album), Rise Against, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Eat World
Updated List:

Coheed and Cambria (Current All-Time favorite)
Nirvana
System of a Down
Dir en Grey
Breaking Benjamin
Gackt
The GazettE
My Chemical Romance *gasp*
Guns and Roses (Especially Slash-era)
Flyleaf
Stabbing Westward
Sugarcult
The Strokes
Muse
Tool (Although I really haven't listened to them in a while...)
MAXIMUM THE HORMONE
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Blue Oyster Cult
Blue October
Disturbed
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Foo Fighters
Nine-Inch Nails
AFI (Especially Pre-DecemberUnderground)
Tay Zonday (Okay...that one is a joke)

Now granted, I don't listen to all of these bands in a single month. These are who I usually listen to when I'm going through one of my musical phases.
(Aug. 05, 2008  4:27 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Disturbed (Good music)
Linkin Park (Good singing/sad music)
Angels And Airwaves (Good singing that goes well with the music)
Blink 182 (Same As Angels And Airwaves)
Breaking Benjamen (I like the lerics and the music)

Over-all i think i like music with more of an Angry/sad music in the tone (Angels and Airwaves has a song "It Hurts" which is ad, disturbed always sounds angry, Linkin Park is usually sad, Blink 182 has the same singer as Angels and Airwaves, and breaking benjamen sounds angry.)

Fixed.

Edit: It was Brwaking Benjamen, i remember now.
I liek dis type of moosic:

-The Strokes - The song "You Only Live Once" is somehow catchy
- Oasis - I don't really like "Lyla", but I like the semi-older stuff like "Morning Glory" and "Little By Little"
- Linkin Park - the first band I've gotten interested in. I like Hybrid Theory the most, compared to their newer ones. Meteora is alright too.
- Weezer - "Buddy Holly" is catchy, as well as "Island in the Sun". I hate "Beverly Hills", and I haven't been able to get a hold of The Red Album yet.

I'm too lazy to keep using quotation marks soooooooooo I'll list bands I like and what song(s) I appreciate most from them:

-Razorlight - In the Morning and Somewhere Else
-Aqualung - Brighter than Sunshine (I've only listened to it once, tbh)
-Coldplay - Viva la Vida, Yellow, Talk, Fix You
-Good Charlotte - The Chronicles of Life and Death
-Franz Ferdinand - every single song?
-The Walkmen - they sound so horrible that they make me want to sing in a screechy voice
-Hot Hot Heat - their newer songs (I only remember 5 Times Out of 100 right now), Goodnight
-Snow Patrol - I like most of their popular songs
-Death Cab for Cutie - I like their albums Transatlanticism (spellcheck?), and Plans
-Relient K - I'm actually Christian, fyi. I like their newest album (5 Score 7 Years Ago) the best, since it's even more fast-paced than the others
-OK Go - Do What You Want
-U2 - I've only listened to the album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, and I like all of the songs on there...
-Yellowcard - Way Away
-Switchfoot - Meant to Live

And that's basically it. I doubt all of that would seem to fit my personality, but I'd listen to anything presented to me, as long as it's not Country, Hip Hop, or Rap.
-
In no particular order:

Nine Inch Nails
U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Yellowcard
Switchfoot
Snow Patrol
Fightstar
Coldplay
Between the buried and me
Haste the Day
As I lay Dying
Underoath
As Cities Burn
Showbread
10 Years
Foo Fighters
Atreyu
Pillar
Blindside
Killswitch Engage
Emery
Symphony in Peril
August Burns Red
Beatles
The Chariot
Orange Range
disciple, haste the day, as i lay dying. all christian hard core
(Jul. 31, 2008  1:49 AM)Roan Wrote:

Correct.

lol I was just about to do that myself.
403 Forbiddena - A fun little indie J-Pop/Rap (formerly J-Rock) band. They sing in (broken) English, but most of their works from their rock days are epic. Their rap, on the other hand...well, it's funny!

Some of their stuff has also been featured in a few popular flash movies:
http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nightmare_eng.html <- Song Featured: Southern Cross
http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html <- Song Featured: Northern Lights

Band Page: http://403.team-7.net/

Gackt - What can I say? Much of his music that I've heard is very, very good. Plus, he's one of the hardest working guys in showbusiness.

OCRemix - OK, I know technically this isn't a band, but they often do collaborative albums, and I have three of them on my iPod right now:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Hedgehog Heaven
- Sonic 3 and Knuckles: Project Chaos
- Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream
Very nice remixes of classic game music!

Dragonforce - I know they're pretty over-the-top, but I really like some of their songs! Some of my favorites: Revolution Deathsquad and Through the Fire and the Flames. Most of their songs are about riding into battle and fighting demons and the like.

Tenacious D - Another over-the-top band with a great sound. Some of their songs are also about fighting demons (Tribute, Beelzeboss, Wonderboy), as well as other things, like inward singing and karate.
I love Spill Canvas. I only just recently started listening to them, but already I love their music. All Over You is pretty catchy (that's how I heard about them), and The Tide is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard.
(Jul. 29, 2008  10:25 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Their songs are energetic and exciting!

The Pillows - Their songs are catchy and i really enjoy listening to them.

Maximum the Hormone - Its great for when you just want some seriously great
rock to listen to.

Billy Talent - Their songs have deep lyrics and are memorable and catchy.

MSI - Their songs are just plain crazy and inventive!

Well, looking back on the reasons i gave for these bands being my favouraite, i can see that they were short, not very descriptive and didn't really tell anyone about the bands themselves or how i got into them, so i thought i should write them again. I've also changed a few of my choices for my favouraite bands, hope this is betterJoyful_3

The Pillows – A Japanese rock band. I got into them from hearing one of their songs in an anime I was watching. So I started to listen to some of their other songs and ever since I’ve been hooked. Their styles range from calm lyric-less light guitar tunes to more loud and energetic songs.

Orange Range – A Japanese alternative rock band who I first heard in Bleach’s 2nd opening where their song ‘Asterisk’ was played. I was hooked to it and instantly went to go listen to their other songs. After that, their music became an addictive joy to my ears. Their music has been used for various anime openings and their 2006 single ‘Champione’ was used official song for the World Cup in Germany.

Asian Kung-Fu Generation – A Japanese rock band which I heard one day in a video while I was browsing on Youtube and I thought it was exciting. A clear cut favourite song of theirs for me is ‘Rewrite’ which was used in Full Metal Alchemist opening 4 in 2005. They usually use a style of energetic medium to fast paced rock.

Billy Talent – A Canadian rock band I originally found out about when I heard them on a cd which was playing inside my local game store. I was very interested in them, mostly due to being amazed by the uniqueness of Benjamin Kowalewicz’s voice (The singer). I then listened and familiarised myself with their style of aggressive rock. I now enjoy listening to them thanks to their deep lyrics and catchy songs.

SR-71 – An American Punk-Rock band which I first heard on the radio and then followed by a cd which my next door neighbour played. Yes, you may have noticed they are named after an aircraft too. Their style of playing and atmosphere ranges from medium paced with a comedic atmosphere to fast paced with a more serious atmosphere.
I'm adding Bright Eyes to my list.

All of their albums are a depressing walk through a cynical view on life, but as I often identify with the feelings being presented they all really resonate with me. I feel like an indie/emo carp for liking them but oh well. "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" is an excellent disc and I recommend it to all of you.
I recalled two more bands that I like: Dragonforce and Tenacious D

Dragonforce - I know they're pretty over-the-top, but I really like some of their songs! Some of my favorites: Revolution Deathsquad and Through the Fire and the Flames. Most of their songs are about riding into battle and fighting demons and the like.

Tenacious D - Another over-the-top band with a great sound. Some of their songs are also about fighting demons (Tribute, Beelzeboss, Wonderboy), as well as other things, like inward singing and karate.
1greenday
I love the lyrics and their songs are fun to play
2mcr
catchy songs with a nice beat
3linkinpark
listen to given up i don't know anyone else who can do a 18 second yell and not make it sound awful
4good charlotte
they write some of my fav songs
(Aug. 21, 2008  12:36 PM)japbeyblader Wrote: 1greenday
2mcr
3linkinpark
4good charlotte

Ugh stop listing bands without giving reasons WHY people.

I'm going to start deleting posts like this, not even kidding.
In no particular order:

Aerosmith
- They have tons of songs I love. Plus, nothing more entertaining than Steven Tyler's gigantic mouth.

The White Stripes
- They restored my faith in music quite a few years back with their release of Elephant. They're style is very simplistic, but I really don't think you need a really complex style to be great.

The Rolling Stones - Again, like Aerosmith, they have a good number of songs I enjoy listening to all the time. They're spark my interest in more classic rock bands.

The Killers
- I know everyone hates them for some reason, but I don't care. I love their indecision to stay in one style. Each of their CDs is different than the previous in many ways, which gives you a good mix of different genres from just one band.

The Bravery - Go listen to their CD The Sun and the Moon. That is all I have to say about them.

Metallica - I'm not a big metalhead, but I love these guys. I don't know how to explain why I like them, I just do.