Favorite bands!

Billy Talent
Escape the Fate
Chiodos
BlesstheFall
Black Veil Brides
One of the most epic bands to walk the earth for me is Coldplay. Their wide repertoire of sounds just blows me away. I can't wait for their upcoming 5th album... =D
Lincoln park i dont know if i spelled it rite
the killers cause of their older stuff. hot fuzz and sams town. sams town is probably my fav album of all time. day&age was alright too, but i feel like they're getting worse. only song i really LIKED on that album was a dustlant fairytale

mgmt because...idk, i just love how carp up their songs sounds. you can tell they're on some kind of drugs when they write the songs haha

the temper trap, miami horror, kings of leon, the xx all because..............................well...girlfriend got me into them. kinda embarrasing i know
(Oct. 31, 2010  10:11 PM)Ra Wrote: Lincoln park i dont know if i spelled it rite
You need to elaborate, plus it is "Linkin Park".
(Oct. 31, 2010  10:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2010  10:11 PM)Ra Wrote: Lincoln park i dont know if i spelled it rite

oh i like them because some of there songs sooth me but what i dont like about them is that they curse too much.
(Oct. 31, 2010  10:35 PM)Ra Wrote:

oh i like them because some of there songs sooth me but what i dont like about them is that they curse too much.

:andrew:

I also love how you misspelled "right"

From my understanding, they barely curse at all compared to what I listen to
Breaking Benjamin: Their music really speaks to me and they dont just have 1 hearable instrument,these are the ones you can hear:the drums,the vocals,the guitar, the bass guitar, and the backround guitar
(Nov. 01, 2010  4:14 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2010  10:35 PM)Ra Wrote:

Andrew

I also love how you misspelled "right"

From my understanding, they barely curse at all compared to what I listen to

have u heard bleed it out and given up and im 10 and i dont take cursing well even though most of those songs taught me most of them
My band, Top Fuel. XD
(Nov. 02, 2010  8:23 PM)mythic ldrago Wrote: sonata arctica
You need to elaborate ...
I see you've said bands but I listen to much more then just rock, metal, etc.

T.I. - One of my favorite rappers. I've always find him to stand out in some way. He just have this...swagg to him. He's got style.

Earth Wind & Fire - No words can describe them. They are off the chain. Nearly every song of theirs makes me want to get off my lazy rear & dance.

Michael Jackson - Same as EW&F.

Prince - Dude is freakin' crazy & epic.

the GazettE - My favorite J-Rock band. They are really easy to tell apart when it comes to listening to other J-Rock bands.

Linkin Park - I've always used to find their sound pretty unique. However, anything Minutes to Midnight & beyond sounds like anything else on the radio & whatnot.

Bullet For My Valentine - Can't quite place why I like them. Even though they are a metal band, I give them props for not having their songs full of death metal growls.

Nas - Can't really explain why I like him. His lyrics...dang. Just read the lyrics to 'I Gave You Power'. Nas is a legend. Lil Wayne has nothing on him.

Lupe Fiasco - I think he's pretty underrated. His flow is so sick when he raps. Especially in the song 'Scream' & this one verse in 'Streets On Fire'

As I Lay Dying - Even though I dislike metal growls I absolutely love the guitars & solos in their songs.

Jay-Z - Love his use of instruments in some of his songs. Especially 'Show Me What You Got'.

Usher - Dude definitely has respect for women in his songs.

They're more since I listen to different genres of music but they are my most favorite out of all.
Dead by April
Avenged Sevenfold
Green Day (Yes, They pwn.)
Disturbed
Dethklok (...idk)
Bullet for my Valentine
I usually listen to mainstream [fake] indie/alternative (lame, I know), such as The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Beck, Coldplay, The Fratellis, Wolfmother, The Killers, The Walkmen, OK Go, and Modest Mouse mainly just because I was introduced to each of them by different friends/discovered them through Pandora. For the most part I like listening to music that will stay with me not because of the resonating bass or screaming vocals but because of the catchy, meaningful lyrics and guitar riffs that sound amazing, not overly loud and not too soft.

I've been exploring a bit though. Female artists and bands with female lead singers currently attract me, such as She & Him, Metric, Hello Saferide, Lily Allen, Kate Nash, and Feist. I guess I currently enjoy listening to a female voice more so than I enjoy listening to a couple of guys rock it out.

There are of course other artists that I listen to, but they're either widely well-known or to obscure for me to feel like posting about them. I don't know, Linkin Park and Gorillaz are probably to farthest away I stray from the genre (indie/alternative).
personally any epic music taht makes you want to yell a battle cry and kick some rear end.
Art vs Science, Beatles, Gorillaz, Dire Straights and Disturbed.
I like them because they all make you want to dance or Air Guitar.
Five Finger Death Punch is a band I recently gotten into, I absolutely love their Instrumental Canto-34, Hard to see, and Way of The Fist. It's about time Metallica gotten some decent competition in the 2000's era. I love Alice in Chains, it brought me tears of happiness when I heard of their reunion. Check My Brain has became a new top favorite of mine when it comes to their music. Nirvana, even if Teen Spirit is always the butt end of a joke somewhere, influenced me to actually listen to music more and more. I definitely think their version of "Man who sold the world" plays a creepy vibe out. Puddle Of Mudd is great, but they need to be heard a lot more so they could obtain higher mainstream status. Their best song is Drift and Die, in my opinion. Motley Crue with their Dr. Feel Good and Wild Side is a definitive mixture of metal and rock. The list goes on but heres an addendum.

I think, for newer generation songs this year, that Civil Twilight's (Not that Twilight, go home, losers) "Letters from the Sky" shows their potential a bit.
I just got Lisbon by The Walkmen today. It's as if they got rid of every aspect that I disliked about them; the album is left with nothing short of amazing ups and downs and all around good music.
Decided to get back in touch with my roots..

Champion - Positive Hardcore at it's finest. Listen to one record, and you'll be chanting the sing-a-longs for a week.

Ten Yard Fight - Relentless Hardcore Punk infused with football jargan.

Bane - Just amazing. Every bit about them. Especially the fact there song's have no chorus and barely a rhyme scheme just one giant verse.

Youth of Today - If it wasn't for them, All of my favorite bands wouldn't exist.

H2O - If it wasn't for "One Life, One Chance" I have no idea where I would be.

Have Heart - Every one who likes Hardcore needs to know who this band is. I'm not kidding. Their message is deep. Many of the song topics include self image and its transition to popular media, the Straight Edge lifestyle, self control and respect, logic over violence, pressure (especially youth pressure), perseverance, self-destruction, friendship and family.
The band is now broken up, and I was so moved when I read what happened at their last show.
linkin park : obviously they are epic i like their song bleed it out the most.
breaking Benjamin : epic as well i will not bow is my favorite song.
30 seconds to mars : really good just amazing i like their song this is war.

one of the main reasons i picked these bands is they do good music that fits in when i play fighting games
on my xbox360 like dragonball raging blast 2
or naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2

these bands are epic!
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Giraffes!Giraffes?, Neutral Milk Hotel, Modest Mouse, Elliott Smith, Bright Eyes, The Flaming Lips, Minus the Bear, and Death Cab for Cutie.
Well, for now it's got to be:
30 Seconds To Mars
Linkin Park
Atomic Tom
Three days grace- this is a metal band. their songs have great rhythm and conviction. to me there is nothing bad about this band, they just sound good..

All american rejects- ok this band rocks as long as the earth spins. i have just about all there songs on my ipod. each one of their songs is well thought out and very original. " my paper heart" and " real world" will both be songs i already remember.

i will post others later