Fashion Thread: This is for all you awkward nerds out there

Poll: IT'S FASHION

TURN TO THE LEFT
44.44%
WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN, BEEP BEEP
55.56%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Jun. 04, 2009  4:37 AM)G Wrote: Biker jackets are the hottest kind of jackets I've ever worn. Not just the design, but I love the padding in them!

biker jackets rule
Personally, I just enjoy cargo shorts, a tee shirt, and maybe a plaid button-up over it.

Keepin' it simple, yo. That's how I roll.

Also, sweatbands. As long as they aren't like.... generically Hot Topic brand.
HOT IDEA: MAKE SWEATBANDS OUT OF THE ENDS OF SOCKS WITH HOLES IN THEM AND A PATCH (OR SEW SOMETHING YOURSELF.)

[LOL CAPSLOCK]

And then I wear Vans skate shoes. They're cheap and they last a while. I've been wearing (and skating) the same pair for over a year now.
(Jun. 05, 2009  5:56 AM)A.J. Wrote: Personally, I just enjoy cargo shorts, a tee shirt, and maybe a plaid button-up over it.

Keepin' it simple, yo. That's how I roll.

perhaps this is not the thread for you
(Jun. 05, 2009  5:56 AM)A.J. Wrote: Personally, I just enjoy cargo shorts, a tee shirt, and maybe a plaid button-up over it.

I really dig cargo pants/shorts, but plaid is generally something I detest.
I just got the coolest vest ever at Target! I didn't know Target had converse even, but this vest was like $22 on sale. It's the only one I have that fits me perfectly so I might show it off later Smile
Target is a great store. Totally beats Walmart.

Also, here's that biker jacket I wore the other day. The flap is kind of in the way, but you can ignore it... Sorry if the helmet kills the fashion part in this thread.
[Image: 4632_523041219718_67701840_31002763_1388819_n.jpg]
Target is seriously my favorite store ever, I buy pretty much all of my clothing from there.
that jacket looks sort of big tbh
haha it has that padding stuff in it. Also it's a chick's jacket Unhappy
(Jun. 08, 2009  4:03 PM)G Wrote: haha it has that padding stuff in it. Also it's a chick's jacket Unhappy

lol
I actually have an extremely hard time finding mens jackets that fit me well.
^ if i can do it, you can do it
If more places would start carrying XXS I'd be set haha. I'll sometimes find an XS that's great but other times it's way too big.

I've been thinking about getting a leather jacket for the fall and I'm getting the feeling that the womens section may be the best place to look.
(Jun. 08, 2009  5:53 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: If more places would start carrying XXS I'd be set haha. I'll sometimes find an XS that's great but other times it's way too big.

I've been thinking about getting a leather jacket for the fall and I'm getting the feeling that the womens section may be the best place to look.

Women's jackets can work but generally they're tailored for a very narrow waist, narrow shoulders and breasts. You'd be better off internet shopping.
just got my new jeans, chinos and plimsolls in the mail Smile pic coming tomorrow if i don't feel too sick Tongue_out
(Jun. 08, 2009  7:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that jacket looks sort of big tbh

I don't think it's gonna fit... I mean, that jacket is... Kinda beg.

[Image: 2s5zdqx.png]
Update on my jacket hunt:

Just won this on ebay for ~60 CAD

[Image: 619.jpg]

By the measurements it should fit me extremely well too. =)
Anyone know any brands with stylish sunglasses that aren't extremely expensive? (sorry for bump lmao)

I'm not into the whole "huge bug eye" lens look and would like something edgy, stylish.

Tinted sunglasses where you can see the eyes and come in different colors are a definite plus.
(Aug. 17, 2009  9:28 PM)Birds Wrote: Anyone know any brands with stylish sunglasses that aren't extremely expensive? (sorry for bump lmao)

I'm not into the whole "huge bug eye" lens look and would like something edgy, stylish.

Tinted sunglasses where you can see the eyes and come in different colors are a definite plus.

persol
Know of any brands similar to DARTS glasses?

Amazing look but awfully expensive Unhappy
how come people care about fashion so much i just were whatever is comfertable to a certain extent ( wearing nothing is not cool XD) though i do wear the same clothes everyday ( i have 7 different copies of the same shirt and pair of pants) it's like my uniform. But seriously why do people spend hundreds of dollars for a brand name i see people that wear hundred dollar pants when you can buy the same thing at the safeway.

I am not trying to bash fashion i just want to know.
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:02 AM)Birds Wrote: Know of any brands similar to DARTS glasses?

Amazing look but awfully expensive Unhappy

Unfortunately, I don't, or I wouldn't have paid the insane price.

(Aug. 18, 2009  1:07 AM)KING Wrote: how come people care about fashion so much i just were whatever is comfertable to a certain extent ( wearing nothing is not cool XD) though i do wear the same clothes everyday ( i have 7 different copies of the same shirt and pair of pants) it's like my uniform. But seriously why do people spend hundreds of dollars for a brand name i see people that wear hundred dollar pants when you can buy the same thing at the safeway.

I am not trying to bash fashion i just want to know.

Why eat steak when you can eat oatmeal? Why decorate your house when you can live in a blank room? Those who have eyes to see have eyes to feed.

You're also 11. I didn't care about fashion at 11, either. You'll grow into it.
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why eat steak when you can eat oatmeal? Why decorate your house when you can live in a blank room? Those who have eyes to see have eyes to feed.
Chocked_2 *whistles* Heh. thats funny. XD