Fashion Thread: This is for all you awkward nerds out there

Poll: IT'S FASHION

TURN TO THE LEFT
44.44%
WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN, BEEP BEEP
55.56%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:16 AM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: Chocked_2 *whistles* Heh. thats funny. XD

Umm?
Joyful_2 heh. nevermind brad. Smile lol
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:07 AM)KING Wrote: how come people care about fashion so much i just were whatever is comfertable to a certain extent ( wearing nothing is not cool XD) though i do wear the same clothes everyday ( i have 7 different copies of the same shirt and pair of pants) it's like my uniform. But seriously why do people spend hundreds of dollars for a brand name i see people that wear hundred dollar pants when you can buy the same thing at the safeway.

I am not trying to bash fashion i just want to know.
Quite honestly, you should probably change that. If you have seven different copies of the same shirt and pants and you're in middle school, you definitely need to upgrade your wardrobe this coming school year. People only do that in cartoons or if they go to private school. Take a look in some catalogs and pick what you like. Your personal appearance means a lot, and it'll definitely be a factor in what your future is going to be like in school. Do you really want to be the kid who looks like he wears the same thing every day?
ummm....i already am half of my friends that haven't been to my house think i am dirt poor. But i don't really care the only people who care in my class are about 3/4 of the girls but most of them don't have very good moral values mainly they lie, and are mean. (No offense to any girls who read this i am talking only about the ones in my class) Also no one dresses like me no one else in my class or maybe even the world wears a pair of woodland cammoflauge standard army issue fatigues and an Umbrella corporation shirt. (i love resident evil) also why should i listen to people who are in the 7th grade but cry almost every week because someone says that there shirt looks dumb. also despite what you say i am on the top of the food chain when it comes to popularity in my class and i didn't even try. I didn't even try to make friends when i was the new kid and everyone hated me. Also my personal appearance sure didn't affect me getting about half the class as close friends. And also if i really care what people who lie all the time that would kinda make me just as bad as them because i would be lying to myself. The kid who looks like he wears the same thing every day the kid who has a mohawk the kid who doesn't really care if his hair looks crazy maybe that kid is me and i'd like to keep it that way. Instead of being a clone and wearing exactly what everyone else wears. That's me
Style isn't about caring what other people think, style is about expressing your individuality through an immediate physical representation. Some people paint, some people write, some people dress themselves. They're all just methods of expression. If you don't care about style, that's fine, but don't act like everyone who does is beneath you.
Pair of skinny jeans (girl pants for me), pair of Onitsuka Tigers, and deep v-neck.Eee
(Aug. 18, 2009  5:31 AM)PengiunXS Wrote: Pair of skinny jeans (girl pants for me), pair of Onitsuka Tigers, and deep v-neck.Eee

what, every day?
(Aug. 18, 2009  2:37 AM)KING Wrote: ummm....i already am half of my friends that haven't been to my house think i am dirt poor. But i don't really care the only people who care in my class are about 3/4 of the girls but most of them don't have very good moral values mainly they lie, and are mean. (No offense to any girls who read this i am talking only about the ones in my class) Also no one dresses like me no one else in my class or maybe even the world wears a pair of woodland cammoflauge standard army issue fatigues and an Umbrella corporation shirt. (i love resident evil) also why should i listen to people who are in the 7th grade but cry almost every week because someone says that there shirt looks dumb. also despite what you say i am on the top of the food chain when it comes to popularity in my class and i didn't even try. I didn't even try to make friends when i was the new kid and everyone hated me. Also my personal appearance sure didn't affect me getting about half the class as close friends. And also if i really care what people who lie all the time that would kinda make me just as bad as them because i would be lying to myself. The kid who looks like he wears the same thing every day the kid who has a mohawk the kid who doesn't really care if his hair looks crazy maybe that kid is me and i'd like to keep it that way. Instead of being a clone and wearing exactly what everyone else wears. That's me
I'm not calling into question your character here. If it seemed like that, I apologize. It's cool that people in your class aren't the type to judge you based on what you wear. But you should realize that wearing army fatigues and a Resident Evil T-shirt everyday might not be so acceptable once you get into eighth grade or high school. Your personal appearance is, like it or not, pretty important to uphold. There's nothing wrong with going into school everyday and looking unique, but you could do more than just donning a gaming tee and some camo pants.
I just wear t-shirts and sports shorts every single day (except when I'm up at Tahoe or when it's unusually cold).
SO AN ACTUAL POST ABOUT CLOTHING

I got a bunch of new clothes in the mail today, mostly pretty happy with everything. I ordered a pair of Japanese Levi's in a 28 waist: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sanshin/646-0011/

Let me say that 28 in most brands is too big for me. At least, in the Western world. Apparently in Japan a size 28 is like this:

[Image: Photo201.jpg]

[Image: Photo206.jpg]

I must need to recheck my measurements. When I got them I couldn't get into them. They're pretty good now, still tight through the hips but the waist seems OK. I'll probably do a cold soak in the shower and walk around in them for a while.
PLEASE PARDON THE PIT

also most of my clothes are on here for those of you that are nosey like that

http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/mNekHX4HQWK4/
well i always wear jeans and very very rarely 3/4 length jean shorts normal shorts just don't suit me
i wear t shirts or just shirts but i think shirts probably look a bit better on me i'll wear a variaty of t shirts my but i love wearing music band t shirts just because they tend to look cool but nothing beats a funny t shirt
(Aug. 18, 2009  11:15 AM)beybladelover93 Wrote: nothing beats a funny t shirt

novelty t-shirts are the worst
(Aug. 18, 2009  11:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: novelty t-shirts are the worst

true most are really lame but some are really funny just not many
loL i just wear skinny jeans a anime or mecha related tshirt element hat/jan valaentine cosplay beanie and a or a skate or anime hoodie just real simple i actully have so many clothes like 10 transformer tshirts Pinching_eyes
I would wear different colors of the same color shirt every week. With pants that go with it. Now I got these outfits, with shirts, and shorts. And guess what their novelty t-shirts. Wearing either some of bro's shoes, or my Air Force, Classics Vans, or Jordans. But my friends call my clothes white boy style. (No offense to no one.) But their pretty cool. Though I don't call them white boy jeans.
hmmm im thinking of buying jin from tekkens track suit lol looks pretty sweet would be funny playing tekken 6 in the arcades wearing it people would be like wtf Tongue_out
So would anyone here be interested in an invitation to the Gilt Groupe? Truth be told, I'm in it mostly because every person I invite that makes a purchase gives me store credit, but it's also a great site for incredible deals on designer clothing. They have 36 hours sales everyday that start at noon, and it's free to sign up. If you aren't invited, you're put on a wait list--kind of like how Gmail was originally started. You have to be 18 to sign up though. If so, just hit me up with a PM.

Keep in mind that you probably should have a regular job if you're serious about the site. You'll be able to get thousand-dollar pairs of shoes for half the price, but it's still costly. They also sell home furnishings, if you're going to college and you want to roll in style.
gilt group ship to canada already Unhappy
(Aug. 18, 2009  6:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: what, every day?

i wear apair of girl pantseveryday, but besides that i change up the shoes and shirts, maybe wear a western button up.
Woo, just took my jeans down, they stretched perfectly. Perfect fit now.

PenguinXS, slim jeans are so readily available now that there's no excuse for girl jeans!
(Aug. 19, 2009  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Woo, just took my jeans down, they stretched perfectly. Perfect fit now.

PenguinXS, slim jeans are so readily available now that there's no excuse for girl jeans!

ima really skinny dude, so guy skinnys dont fit right
(Aug. 19, 2009  2:58 AM)PengiunXS Wrote: ima really skinny dude, so guy skinnys dont fit right

height/weight?
(Aug. 19, 2009  3:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: height/weight?

6'2, 140
(Aug. 19, 2009  4:05 AM)PengiunXS Wrote: 6'2, 140

lol whatever dude i'm 5'11" and 135 and i can find jeans small enough

import from asia if you must, but even most mainstream stores should fit you at 28/29 now