44.44%
WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN, BEEP BEEP
55.56%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Oct. 20, 2009  7:32 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: [Image: duck.jpeg]

not in this case, i don't think. they look like winklepickers to me

need to see a fit michael
I like them.
Yeah they are winklepickers. I'll try and get a picture of them on .
I'm necroing this because this is my favourite topic of discussion. Personally, fashion has become a huge (boardline) obsession in my life thanks to my brother.

Does anyone else here appreciate designer apparel? I mean, I absolutely love my Givenchy and Christian Louboutin heels and I'm constantly being complemented on them. People really do treat me differently when I walk around in heels and jeans versus jeans and sneakers.
(Jan. 31, 2011  3:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm necroing this because this is my favourite topic of discussion. Personally, fashion has become a huge (boardline) obsession in my life thanks to my brother.

Does anyone else here appreciate designer apparel? I mean, I absolutely love my Givenchy and Christian Louboutin heels and I'm constantly being complemented on them. People really do treat me differently when I walk around in heels and jeans versus jeans and sneakers.

I agree that people will treat you differently when you walk around in nice clothing and actually attempt to looks presentable. As a 17 year old, when I dress up I definitely get a lot of compliments because its so rare for kids to really try and 'clean up' their looks.

To me, it kinda equates to driving around in a nice car... the only difference is that you can still look presentable and dress well without having to spend crazy amounts of money on a vehicle (even though a lot of designer apparel is quite pricey)
You should check out Gilt Groupe. It's a sample site for some really nice clothes, and it occasionally has some high end clothes for like, 70% off retail price. If you want, PM me your email and I'll send you a few referrals to other websites like that.

Other than that, I've walked into stores, asked for a job, and pretty much got hired on spot because I know how to present myself. They do interviews as part of a formality, but the interviewer always says "when you work here", never "if you work here".

My Givenchy shoes were originally $1300 Lips_sealed
(Jan. 31, 2011  3:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Does anyone else here appreciate designer apparel? I mean, I absolutely love my Givenchy and Christian Louboutin heels and I'm constantly being complemented on them. People really do treat me differently when I walk around in heels and jeans versus jeans and sneakers.

People probably treat you differently because you became taller.. ^^

I appreciate some designer clothes; however I only have Polo shirt(s) in my closet (it was a gift from a funeral..).

I prefer following regular fashion though.. because I'm cheap ^^ (monies for beyblade).
(Jan. 31, 2011  4:11 AM)JÆMS Wrote: I prefer following regular fashion though.. because I'm cheap ^^ (monies for beyblade).
That's why I like to shop MICHAEL by Michael Kors for any casual wear. Wink
(Jan. 31, 2011  4:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: That's why I like to shop MICHAEL by Michael Kors for any casual wear. Wink

Admittedly though, some things I can't find in the UK shops (because I follow Korean pop culture (inb4 Koreaboo)) I would go on ebay and buy, i.e. this; I really like it because its really unique compared to what these indie kids wear.
(Jan. 31, 2011  4:28 AM)JÆMS Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2011  4:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: That's why I like to shop MICHAEL by Michael Kors for any casual wear. Wink

Admittedly though, some things I can't find in the UK shops (because I follow Korean pop culture (inb4 Koreaboo)) I would go on ebay and buy, i.e. this; I really like it because its really unique compared to what these indie kids wear.
It's funny how a few months back I was admiring that. Sometimes I wish I were a man so I could wear their clothes, too, because they just look so pretty. Unhappy
Nyeh. My "fashion" is a pair of strait jeans, a T Shirt, pair of Gnex skate shoes, and a Tony Hawk jacket that has it's zipper diagonal, and can zip up all the way or button down a little bit, and my Nike Flexon glasses (that cost around $600). And I have blond "skatter" hair. Oh and I have braces with blue and black bands.

Lets just say I'm not very fashionable at all
My type of style is Nike airmax trainers, straight jeans, a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt. With a Adidas hooded jumper matching with the trainers Wink
Anything that lets me include a cap, jeans and some headphones and I'm set.
I tend to wear whatever suits me at the moment. I have a variety of T shirts and thermal shirts as well, as well as button down shirts, and a few nice jackets. I also love me some vests. Not those poofy ones, though. the fancy looking kind, with buttons and sometimes pin stripes.

Yeah, I'm VERY varied in my clothing. I don't really follow a constant "style" or "Trend". I just wear what looks nice on me.
For the past two weeks, I've only worn shirts to school. Lol I'm starting to feel the pressure of going to a private business school
(Feb. 01, 2011  6:43 PM)SK Wrote: For the past two weeks, I've only worn shirts to school. Lol I'm starting to feel the pressure of going to a private business school

no pants? pretty casual environment
(Feb. 01, 2011  7:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2011  6:43 PM)SK Wrote: For the past two weeks, I've only worn shirts to school. Lol I'm starting to feel the pressure of going to a private business school

skinny jeans and leather boots bro
(Feb. 01, 2011  11:44 PM)SK Wrote:

Then you should of said that before.
Wait.... No underpants???
(Feb. 02, 2011  3:34 AM)Nano Wrote: Then you should of said that before.

... I saw this comment coming from a mile away, as well as "no socks/shoes!?!", etc.

Anyway, I was browsing on some sites earlier today and saw this:
http://www.blueinc.co.uk/Product/70273_P...Black.aspx

The downside is that it's too pricey for me. But what i like about it is the colour and the "hoodie insert".
I searched for it online and I couldn't find a website, but has anyone been to surprise in London, that's awesome.
(Feb. 02, 2011  3:34 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2011  11:44 PM)SK Wrote:

Then you should of said that before.

....you should consider becoming a comedian
@SK Uhhh thanks?

I still can't find a pic of my favorite jacket! It's a tony Hawk jacket. Its zipper kinda crosses over. And it has a pocket on the top. It can also fold over kinda like a coller(?)
In the summer and when it's warm and I'm at home, just cargo shorts, handy dandy underpants Cool.
In warm seasons, during school, just cargo shorts, plain white and gray shirts, underwear, socks.
in winter, jeans, then same as above(minus shorts)
I'm not a fashion guy. Walmart FTW. Smug