[Fan Fiction]  Beyblade Burst Sad/Angst Stories

(May. 13, 2021  1:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Chapter 3: Daigo Kurogami

Ok this is amazing. I have a few requests. One for Lui, one for Phi, and one for Hearts. Phi would likely be the top priority if allowed, but its your call. Don’t have to do any of them.

Ah, of course he'd never directly refer to himself when talking about this. Typical Daina...but I still wanna give him a hug because that ending stings hard. I mean, okay, realistically guilt doesn't harm oneself that much (at least not in all cases), but it's still something pretty hard to live with and it can take away the joy from a lot of things. Thanks for a great chapter once again btw.
(Fridge, why does every single note up until now get relatable af at some point?)

I knew where this was going as soon as I saw Daigo's name, though the zombie thing made me think maybe he was talking about Jin and not himself for a bit. And I was expecting a good ending to it when I read the second-last paragraph, with my hope obviously being shattered by the last one. Just learnt a lesson: you're not going to stray from the thread title.

Thanks so much for taking my suggestion Smile
(May. 13, 2021  1:34 AM)PinkRose Wrote: [quote='XSabxManiacX' pid='1763580' dateline='1620864164']
Chapter 3: Daigo Kurogami

[spoiler]

Let this be a story born from emotions and morals. Let this be a lesson to all. Let us see this story as we do with the supernatural: It does not matter if it is true or false. 

The only thing that matters is that the little boy’s character is in all of us. That we all have to overcome this terrible feeling. That maybe, apologizing and confessing is the best way to go. Don’t ask if the character is based on me, someone I knew, or whoever comes to your mind. That’s a foolish question that can’t be answered. 

How many pieces of zombie media have you come across and know about? How many zombie apocalypse origins have you found? The assumed answer is plenty of them, perhaps. One movie might have showed zombies starting off as a creation from aliens. Or there was a a fungus that controlled the minds of humans. Or a very contagious disease. The possibility of what caused zombies to come around in media is so vast and endless. So many explanations and forms.

The creation of guilt is like the creation of a zombie. To many people, the reason their guilt came about can be different from others. You should try asking what strain of weakness plagues them — did they feel guilt because they made a mistake, a bad judgement, or couldn’t do enough for someone? It’s different in everyone, I suppose. Just like everyone’s different theories on what would make zombies. 

Then came this little boy. Guilt had turned him into a zombie of some sorts — he was a lot more quiet and seemed sad. His eyes seemed to be hooded in an ominous and somber way. He seemed like a zombie in a way that he had an eerie stillness to him. The little boy just wasn’t quite the same.

Well, what did he do? He wronged someone, plain as day. He did something that he shouldn’t have done. No one knew about except him. But if no one knew, then he would never be caught. He could have left it at that, yet the guilt had already turned him into a zombie. 

It grasped him lightly at first. From the moment he wronged someone, he knew that his soul wasn’t quite the same. He told himself, It’s okay. I’m still find. But was he really fine? No. 

It felt like his soul chipped a little. Just that one little change, yet it impacted him in a way he couldn’t describe at first. No biggie at first, because it could recover the next day. Right? 

Not really. 

The next day, it felt as if his soul had turned a little heavier. He felt like keeping it healthy and whole became a new responsibility for him. He could tell, because the moment he woke up, he felt like going back to sleep. The little boy then felt like he lost his great sense of responsibility. If he couldn’t force himself out of bed, then what could he do?

The human body does not react well to doing things it does not want to be doing. The brain starts to stress upon looking at the homework’s first math problem. The legs start to give out during gym class. The eyes just want to be closed in order to sleep again. To the little boy, getting out of bed today was a huge chore. His sense of body control seemed too far away.

“I’m okay,” he insisted. He managed to gather the courage to get out of his bed. Now he needed to get his belongings.

The mind also shut down a tiny bit, even if he did not want to grasp it. His Beyblade, lying on his desk, seemed to be a distant figure. He looked at his partner and couldn’t seem to react normally. It felt like he forgot that he liked Beyblade. 

Was this the price of wronging someone? The curse of gradually abandoning your favorite thing? Or losing sense of yourself?  

Without thinking, the little boy got his Beyblade and prepared to bring it along. That’s what he often did, after all. It was by design that he often carried his favorite object around, regardless of his emotions.

And this was the Beyblade that was with him when he wronged someone — the cursed little thing he won the battle with. Even though the Beyblade seemed distant, when he glanced at it again, he saw flashes of his terrible deed. The memories shot by like bullets.

“I’m okay,” he told his partner, even if the object couldn’t acknowledge it back. 

But those were just empty words, as far as the back of his head knew. The weight of his Beyblade in his pocket felt like a curse — it weighed him down as much as his backpack. The Beyblade seemed to be hindering him, having lost its positive aura. It once cheered him up, but now it only seemed to serve as a terrible memory.

Very similar to the phenomenon with the Beyblade, the little boy eventually felt the same energy sapped out from other objects. Holding a toothbrush felt meaningless now. The taste of breakfast seemed bland. The schoolwork he did before — and was so proud of for finishing before bed — did not provoke pride from him. 

Was this the price of wronging someone? For the guilt to bubble up and leach all of your motivation and appreciation away? The little boy could hear from the back of his head, Now you could spend all of your energy thinking about yourself. 

And that’s what he ended up doing, because nothing else seemed to matter. Everything now revolved around the amazing sacrifice he did to win a Beybattle. And the guilt stole all of his old self and replaced it with a zombie husk. 

And eventually the little boy’s sense of time had stopped.

No grasp of numbers in his head. Just wondering if he could have done something else instead of wronging someone.

The little boy could hardly look at his Beyblade without hurting himself with the memories. At first, the guilt made him see the Beyblade as a needless object. But for some reason, it now emitted a terrible energy. It seemed to criticize his actions and individuality.

It called him weak. 

It called him a nobody.

It called him selfish.

It laughed at him.

The little boy could have lived without telling a soul. He could have continued to be the wonderful Blader. He could’ve lived normally and in a good state. But — obviously — the guilt was eating away at him and destroying his individuality.

And before he knew it, it felt as if the winds picked him up or there were strings controlling him. His mind, having rotten like a zombie’s, knew nothing except one thing: He wronged someone, plain as day. That’s all he knew. He didn’t know how long the guilt clung onto him, or how many people noticed how odd he seemed to be. All he knew was that he wronged someone.

Like a zombie, he instinctively walked to where he needed to. He didn’t think about the outcome or how the said someone would react to it. With no sense of time and his grayscale view of the world, his mind was only bent on one thing: He needed to apologize. He needed to tell the wronged person or else he would be completely eaten alive by the guilt.

He kept walking.

He continued to walk.

His soul felt even heavier. So heavy, he could have collapsed right there and sink into the earth. He wouldn’t even have known that he collapsed right there. 

He blinked again.

He suddenly saw the person he had wronged. In just a blink, he was already there... 

And the moment the confession and apology came out of his mouth, all the colors in the world came back to his sight. Most of the guilt stopped gnawing on his mind and his conscience snapped awake. The little boy had the most terrible realization: He was a person all along. A person capable of apologizing, not a zombie who was controlled by guilt and fear. A person who — like any other — was capable of good.

And when the life came back to him, the person he wronged started to yell at him. That’s when the little boy felt like a failure again.

I have nothing but praise. Request for Lui, Lane, Valt, and Hikaru.
Ngl even thinking about what Valt could write scares me.
(May. 13, 2021  3:39 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Ngl even thinking about what Valt could write scares me.

I have Valt’s one in the works atm but I havent worked on it as much since it was, er, hard. People say Im a good writer but I dont think Im capable of acting as Valt — I personally feel like hes gonna lack writing skill compared to the others so its gonna be excruciating to not write as my peak haha /lh

But yeah, its in the works.... soon, Valt, soon!
(May. 13, 2021  4:45 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 13, 2021  3:39 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Ngl even thinking about what Valt could write scares me.

I have Valt’s one in the works atm but I havent worked on it as much since it was, er, hard. People say Im a good writer but I dont think Im capable of acting as Valt — I personally feel like hes gonna lack writing skill compared to the others so its gonna be excruciating to not write as my peak haha /lh

But yeah, its in the works.... soon, Valt, soon!

Yes! Can't wait.

This chapter hits really hard due to how similar I feel like towards Daina lately :[ And, uh question: is this a reference to that one episode where he cheated in the battle towards Yugo? Is the person he wronged Yugo?

Also I heard we're getting a chapter about Valt so I better prepare my tear glands ;;-;;
(May. 14, 2021  2:31 AM)tenma Wrote:

This chapter hits really hard due to how similar I feel like towards Daina lately :[  And, uh question: is this a reference to that one episode where he cheated in the battle towards Yugo? Is the person he wronged Yugo?

Also I heard we're getting a chapter about Valt so I better prepare my tear glands ;;-;;

In my head, yes! But take the story as you will, aha xd No right or wrong interpretation 

pfft mild spoilers concerning Valt

Didn't cry but this hits harder than the Isekai Truck
Chapter 4: Valt Aoi

Since when does Valt use proper punctuation

Anyways I’ve been enjoying reading these, very interesting stuff
No clue on my end, either... /lh
(May. 15, 2021  12:35 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Chapter 4: Valt Aoi

Huh. This isn't quite as sad as the previous ones, but it's the only one that brought me close to tears.
It's probably the second most relatable chapter after Shu's (what a coincidence lol), especially the part where he talks about how the way you see things can blind you from noticing others' pain until it's too late (can say I had a fair bit of experience in that regard so it hits home hard, yeah).
Now I wanna give them both a hug (and make them hug each other while I'm at it) because really, they deserve to have at least that.
(May. 15, 2021  12:35 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Chapter 4: Valt Aoi

To me, it felt like a child writing for some reason, which made it that much sadder. As PinkRose said, these two need a hug.
Wanted to give a quick update. Felt like I was kinda giving the impression that I was gonna update often, haha. /lh I dont exactly plan to update this series regularly. Dont be too surprised if I dont add a chapter in awhile (but I wont abandon this!) xd

I originally started this on some bad days. Im feeling a lot better lately and thus its really hard to write a sad story when youre not, er, sad
(May. 15, 2021  3:36 AM)PinkRose Wrote: [quote='XSabxManiacX' pid='1764412' dateline='1621035319']
Chapter 4: Valt Aoi

I really have nothing to say that you could improve upon. I feel sad for my boi Valt, his emotions getting trashed lol. Looking forward to the next chapter. This could be the best fan fic of WBO that I've ever read.
Chapter 5: Gabe Brunai

(May. 27, 2021  12:38 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Chapter 5: Gabe Brunai

Yoo this platonic GouLui or smth?? 😳😳 /hj
(May. 27, 2021  5:04 PM)tenma Wrote:

Yoo this platonic GouLui or smth?? 😳😳 /hj

Why, yes

This is awesome. By chance can I request a Hearts story?
(May. 27, 2021  6:42 PM)MasterofDerp Wrote:

This is awesome. By chance can I request a Hearts story?

Perhaps!! Might have to do some recap and planning since its been awhile I saw Turbo and I dont remember that season a lot compared to the first two seasons
(May. 27, 2021  5:56 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(May. 27, 2021  5:04 PM)tenma Wrote: Yoo this platonic GouLui or smth?? 😳😳 /hj

Why, yes

That "It's us against the world now" line give me HUGE platonic GouLui vibes. My heart is soaring, I really love platonic GouLui.

Thank you for writing this, Sab/Sands.
Chapter 6: Hyde

This one is a WBO and soon-to-be Ao3 exclusive! Not on Wattpad because Wattpad doesn’t support a lot of font/text editing choices