Face Contest: Design a Zero-G Cerberus Beyblade!

(Dec. 13, 2012  5:29 PM)Ultimo Wrote: Well I can just edit the post. You shouldn't dq me since I didn't post a design enetry at all. Other people have posted descriptions so you should DQ me. Please don't as I am really intrested in this design contest.

Perhaps you can certify your statement with an (non-disqualified) example?
Well I don't think he can exactly do that anymore ahahahaha.
To be fair, I don't think ban-evading members are allowed to enter contests anyway, Ultimo being Mu/Beybearingcore/MyTestsAreLies and all.

Anyway, let's carry on with the competition. I really need to sit down and draw my design, though with some of the amazing entries I've seen I must say I very much doubt my chances!
Well, I think it's time to post my Entry:
Name: Burning Kerberous TS145HS: (Click to View)
Phew. took me 3 hours to do everything -.-
Eh, why is the Chrome Wheel called 'Burning'? It should actually be the other way around, aha.
(Dec. 14, 2012  5:16 PM)Synth Wrote: Well, I think it's time to post my Entry:
Name: Burning Kerberous TS145HS: (Click to View)
Phew. took me 3 hours to do everything -.-

Nice work. I really like those. It'll be hard for me to make as good looking as those.
(Great that annoying bug is back -.-)

Whoops. Too late to change it now Haha
Taking all the important factors into consideration, here comes my entry
Geryon Kerberous HD170 WSF

Type of beyblade - Attack
Element - Hell
Spin direction - Both left and right

Stone Face - Kerberous
This shows the three outlines of Dog's face in the dark clouds. Horns and Eyes of Dogs are kept white to look more impressive

Chrome Wheel - Kerberous
As this is tribute to the plastic bey burning kerberous, I have kept the three heads same as kerberous and thats why the name is also same. First I had thought to make it circular but then to do something different the curves after the heads are made of reducing radius to meet the following face at nose, thats why this odd shape. The stickers will be in black colour as i was missing sketchpen i coloured them with pencil

Crystal Wheel - Geryon
This is something new!
As it was mentioned in a post of nocto that crystals wheels are named after some worrior sort of thing. So i searched for so long and finally got Geryon!
Geryon: he was a three headed(bodied) giant who fought with hercules to save his cattle from hercules and afterwards he became a demon who served as the guardian of the Vestibule of Hell. So reason behind choosing Geryon is three heads(bodies) and he was gaurdian of hell
So in order to make it compatible with Kerberous i have designed it such that the gaps between the heads of kerberous will be covered by Geryon and overall chrome-crystal combination will look circular. It has three heads of Geryon with helmets and hands with sheild and sphere
this is the initial design-
but then i realised that while putting it with kerberous this side will be flipped and heads will be in opposite direction so to avoid this problem i mirrored the pic and now here it is
now when crystal wheel and chrome wheel will be put together they will have heads in same direction

Track - Hell Disk 170
Inspiread from BD145. as both the wheels are not circular there remains gap between the heads so Hell Disk is having some portion above and below disk thickness to fillup those gaps. The top view portion should be up in chrome up mode and bottom view portion should be up in crystal up mode to fill respective gaps.

Bottom - Wide Semi Flat
Having extra flat surface this bottom will provide attack and due the slant portion, while sway it wont loose more stamina so this bottom provides attack with littile bit more stamina

overall review - As the heads of crystal wheel and chrome wheel are in opposite direction, it is given left-right spin direction
The only problem with this bey is parts compatiblity. Most of parts of this bey are compatible with other only
Just added overall review section. Sorry for double posting
nice entry mandar!!
Loved the chrome wheel design!Smile
sorry i couldn't directly post the image because i didn't know how but you can find my drawing here: http://ultinuc.webs.com/apps/photos/phot...=171253108

Hope you like it!
(Dec. 15, 2012  5:05 AM)mandar05 Wrote: Taking all the important factors into consideration, here comes my entry
Geryon Kerberous HD170 WSF

Type of beyblade - Attack
Element - Hell
Spin direction - Both left and right

Stone Face - Kerberous
This shows the three outlines of Dog's face in the dark clouds. Horns and Eyes of Dogs are kept white to look more impressive

Chrome Wheel - Kerberous
As this is tribute to the plastic bey burning kerberous, I have kept the three heads same as kerberous and thats why the name is also same. First I had thought to make it circular but then to do something different the curves after the heads are made of reducing radius to meet the following face at nose, thats why this odd shape. The stickers will be in black colour as i was missing sketchpen i coloured them with pencil

Crystal Wheel - Geryon
This is something new!
As it was mentioned in a post of nocto that crystals wheels are named after some worrior sort of thing. So i searched for so long and finally got Geryon!
Geryon: he was a three headed(bodied) giant who fought with hercules to save his cattle from hercules and afterwards he became a demon who served as the guardian of the Vestibule of Hell. So reason behind choosing Geryon is three heads(bodies) and he was gaurdian of hell
So in order to make it compatible with Kerberous i have designed it such that the gaps between the heads of kerberous will be covered by Geryon and overall chrome-crystal combination will look circular. It has three heads of Geryon with helmets and hands with sheild and sphere
this is the initial design-
but then i realised that while putting it with kerberous this side will be flipped and heads will be in opposite direction so to avoid this problem i mirrored the pic and now here it is
now when crystal wheel and chrome wheel will be put together they will have heads in same direction

Track - Hell Disk 170
Inspiread from BD145. as both the wheels are not circular there remains gap between the heads so Hell Disk is having some portion above and below disk thickness to fillup those gaps. The top view portion should be up in chrome up mode and bottom view portion should be up in crystal up mode to fill respective gaps.

Bottom - Wide Semi Flat
Having extra flat surface this bottom will provide attack and due the slant portion, while sway it wont loose more stamina so this bottom provides attack with littile bit more stamina

overall review - As the heads of crystal wheel and chrome wheel are in opposite direction, it is given left-right spin direction
The only problem with this bey is parts compatiblity. Most of parts of this bey are compatible with other only
Just added overall review section. Sorry for double posting

SICK great job!
(Dec. 10, 2012  10:08 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2012  9:39 AM)BeybladePsychos Wrote: I think this will be fun because i am a great drawer but i don't know about photoshop
can we just take a photo of our drawing and then pm you?

You are allowed to draw it .. you don't have to do it on a computer.

Also, you are supposed to post it here, not PM it to a committee member.

yeah you tell him lol. I've already posted mine but i had to put a link to the pic
This is my entry: Sentinel Cerbie CS160O

Motif: Cerbie
This motif is based on Cerberous; only one of the heads of the creature is shown along with one claw.

Chrome Wheel: Cerbie
Inspired by Dragooon. Cerbie is Right-Spin only and features two of the heads on side view, one engulfing the crystal orb attached to its own tail. The third head is shown in top view and has a spiked body which completes the other half of the wheel. The end of the tail also has three pretruding blades.

The heads are intended for smash attack, whilst the spikes on the body are for barrage.

Crystal Wheel: Sentinel
The crystal orb is connected by four chains that link with the three blades. The blades are intended to fit directly with the heads on the chrome wheel for additional smash attack. The chains also features spikes that protrude from the side.

Track: CS160 (Chain Saturn 160)
A large circular disc with metal bearings adhered to the outer circumference for increased centrifugal force; the disc can also be used for stability when it comes in contact with the stadium. This disc is slightly large in diameter than the chrome wheel, and is fixed. The disc has two small cutouts to slightly reduce weight in the centre.

Bottom: Oval
(Bottom View) A flat oval-shaped tip for aggressive lunging attacks.

EDIT: Made some changes to description, fixing grammar and syntax.
Ultinuc You shouldn't quote large quotes like that. Please don't do it in the future.
(Dec. 15, 2012  2:59 PM)Infie Wrote: This is my entry: Sentinel Cerbie CS160O

'Cerbie' hmm, reminds me of a kind of hoover, nice drawings though. Wink
Just wondering, but do we have to take into consideration durability of the beyblade? because I have several ideas but they could break easily, also is cost to make important?
(Dec. 15, 2012  6:42 PM).:J:. Wrote: Just wondering, but do we have to take into consideration durability of the beyblade? because I have several ideas but they could break easily, also is cost to make important?

Beyblades should definitely have a certain standard of durability, yes, otherwise TAKARA-TOMY could be in trouble.

Cost depends ... In theory, materials are not that limited for Face Contests.
(Dec. 15, 2012  4:15 PM)SCARlet Wrote: 'Cerbie' hmm, reminds me of a kind of hoover, nice drawings though. Wink
Thanks for the comment! Grin
bring it on don't care if i win or lose i'll try my hardest
Thats great, dont post here just to say you'll try your hardest. Post an entry.
Helian Kerberous C²B: D

This article is a stub! The next step is to write detailed reviews of the parts' performances based on extensive testing. To this end, please post a draft in The Beywiki Project forum. This article cannot be edited without approval past this point.

Me Draw Wrote:Face : Kerberous
I try to combine the Kerberous emblem from plastics generation with the Zero-g kind of Face. So, here it goes...Three heads of Kerberous with chain so that it wont scared people when you bring it for a walk at the park, etc..

Chrome Wheel : Kerberous
Keeping the traditional of the original Burning Kerberous in my design, which is the three heads of the Kerberous. I designed it mainly for Spike Attack where each of the Kerbeous head have its own different type of spike. I purposely draw the chrome wheel with more demonic design since Cerberous is usually related with hell / demon.

Crystal Wheel : Helian
"Helian" is a saxon word that bring the meaning "to conceal" or "to cover". In this case, chose Helian for the name of the crystal wheel to suits the design and its purpose to conceal the existence of the cursed Kerberous for its power shall destroy everything that its strike.. (all hail Kerberous...). I designed the crystal with an ancient pad lock (with a dog head and some ancient symbol...and the symbol is actually from digimon..hahahahah) where it is guarded by 4 Guardian of elements (Fire, Water, Wind, Earth).

4D tip / Zero-G tip???(dont know how to phrase it : Clutched Coated Bearing Drive (C²B: D)
I dont know..i feel the name sounded lame...i prefer putting "Base" instead of "Drive".
I want to keep this Zero-g beyblade like the original one from plastics series with bearing SG, just that now it has the same function as Driger F's Full Auto Clutch Base + Triple Bearing. Just that the clutch is not automatic, the clutch pin should be pulled if the bearing is desired not spin freely and vise versa.
Other than that, the tip is connected with a spring where the originally Coated Sharp (CS) tip can be changed into Rubber Flat Hole for attack purpose (mainly designed to be combined with clutch system) by pushing the tip (just like you guys push the top of the retractable pen???). The red part in the tip are..is uhhhh...rubber..
so..thats it with me entry.. hahah...i have less time, its not neat..cropping the pics could be a mess too..sorry about that.. Tongue_out
Enjoy~~~
That looks great!, the Stone Face especially. ^-^
Benjohadi, is back in business. You did a very good job (again).

Luckely you put those chains on it, hahaha. Smile
OMG GREAT WORK! Benjohadi that looks amazing!
... I think I just lost lol

Anyways, Benjohadi that looks amazing! One of my new favourites Smile
Please provide a better quality picture of the digicode so I can read it.
Otherwise, great work!
If you are talking about benjohadi, the quality looks fine to me.