Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style!

I'm posting this earlier than i anticipated but after seeing all the entries so far, i feel like my chances of winning just died so it makes no difference when i post it. i'll just post it now.. =/
my entry: Diamond Triangulum S: D
Type: Defense

Face: Triangulum

Clear Wheel: Triangulum
Weight: 3.3g

Metal Wheel: Diamond
Weight: 42.3

4D Bottom: S: D (Suspension Drive)
Weight: TBA
If any confusion with the Bearing's parts: http://www.fastelectrics.net/images/manu...earing.jpg

Creator's comments:
Quite honestly, i was trying to be original with the bottom. i've played with yoyo's bearings before and i know well how well they work regarding free rotation vs friction. I really think the color version for the Diamond wheel should be black representing rare space diamonds. When i first came up with diamond, i wanted to come up with something that had upper attack, smash attack, and decent aerodynamics. i made multiple sketches for hours and hours trying to come up with ideas. i put Triangulum minus with Triangulum to show that it is not a forgotten star constellation. =)

My idea brainstorms/sketches:
Fogot.;.Very nice drawn Fogot..if i were to choose..yours should get strongest blader set..i like yours..looks so omnipotence..remind me of shine greymon..XD
Arrghh..i hope i still can win...Tongue_out
(Sep. 14, 2011  4:49 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: I'm posting this earlier than i anticipated but after seeing all the entries so far, i feel like my chances of winning just died so it makes no difference when i post it. i'll just post it now.. =/
my entry: Diamond Triangulum S: D
Type: Defense

Face: Triangulum

Clear Wheel: Triangulum
Weight: 3.3g

Metal Wheel: Diamond
Weight: 42.3

4D Bottom: S: D (Suspension Drive)
Weight: TBA
If any confusion with the Bearing's parts: http://www.fastelectrics.net/images/manu...earing.jpg

Creator's comments:
Quite honestly, i was trying to be original with the bottom. i've played with yoyo's bearings before and i know well how well they work regarding free rotation vs friction. I really think the color version for the Diamond wheel should be black representing rare space diamonds. When i first came up with diamond, i wanted to come up with something that had upper attack, smash attack, and decent aerodynamics. i made multiple sketches for hours and hours trying to come up with ideas. i put Triangulum minus with Triangulum to show that it is not a forgotten star constellation. =)

My idea brainstorms/sketches:
XD NOOOOOOO Thats pretty much the same idea i had for a 4D bottom FML to the drawing board.but its very good nonetheless
Well, those are 2 great entries!
As expected, Sky Prince has done it SO well!
Even Fogot's entry is brilliant. Both of you might get the prize!
Just a few hours left before this contest ends...

qwerty- Whoa! What an entry! Brilliantly done!
Kaiba- Hehe! Sorry for that. Tongue_out
Face Bolt
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576...NP0042.jpg
Summary: Its fuzzy but its supposed to be a Fire ball coming from the sun

Clear Wheel:
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576...NP0045.jpg
Summary: It is set up to look like the Sun even thought it kinda looks like lots of the points are the same size they shouldn't be Uncertain but that was how it came out I named the Part Flare.

Metal Wheel:
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576...NP0041.jpg
Summary: Its Solar Panels from what your get off of a Satellite made for good defense but might get off balance with a well placed attack

Spin Track:
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576...NP0043.jpg
Summary: I named this AP13 after the Apollo 13 Mission the Spin track is to resemble The Exhaust to a Space Shuttle from the Different Tubes where the Nitrogen Tetroxide and Hydrazine combine to make the Rocket Propellant.

Performance Tip:
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576...NP0044.jpg
Summary:The Bottom Half of the Performance tip is the Bottom half of a Planet to symbol that it is Spinning away.

The Metal Wheel Turned out more Square then I had planned.

In the Anime: In the Anime I pictured someone older calm, and Mature Using this bey. In the anime Solar Flare is supposed to not be able to pull of a Special move by itself because of the lack of power in that set, but is great and Defending and taking hits. The Solar piece(Metal Wheel) Is Meant to absorb some of the Power Passed over when Struck by the attacking bey. The Solar Panels instead of Absorbing heat absorb some of the Energy/Power passed over when in contact with the Opposing Bey. This doesn't steal power from the other bey it only takes some of what he was just hit with. This Power/Energy he gains is stored so that when the Blader deems worthy a time for him to use his Special move using the power he has gained. His Special Move to me would be unleashing the power in Energy Flares that Come out of the Panels which moves his name being Flare into the mix. Where the Energy is outlashed in a Semi Actuate manner Making him like a mini Sun. His Wall Move is where the Top of the Metal Wheel Lean in making it kind of like an Umbrella where the Hot air when He becomes his energy Ball(That is supposed to resemble the Sun) lift him into the air to dodge powerful attacks or to confuse the enemy
Vulcan- Sorry dude, but the pics are not quite clear.... I like your drawings though, from whatever I was able to see. I like the square shaped MW.
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:46 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Just a few hours left before this contest ends...
ummm no... the contest ends at 9/14/11 23:59 PST. right now it's 9/13/11 22:24 PST ... they still have a full day left. =/
(Sep. 14, 2011  6:24 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:46 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Just a few hours left before this contest ends...
ummm no... the contest ends at 9/14/11 23:59 PST. right now it's 9/13/11 22:24 PST ... they still have a full day left. =/

Ah, my bad! I didn't notice the timezone there...
Man, I can't wait to see the next entry! There are SO many people who haven't posted yet! I expected to see Minion around, but looks like she's not gonna enter... :\
Minion is busy living the married life. I'm still trying to figure out the design specifics in my head. Drawing it should be easy, colouring it is time consuming, and writing it should be a breeze since I don't shut up.
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:46 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, those are 2 great entries!
As expected, Sky Prince has done it SO well!
Even Fogot's entry is brilliant. Both of you might get the prize!
Just a few hours left before this contest ends...

qwerty- Whoa! What an entry! Brilliantly done!
Kaiba- Hehe! Sorry for that. Tongue_out

Heh, if u didnt know, my beywiki artical is on page 33 or something! Tongue_out_wink
EDIT: Oh, it was 32.
Oh, and Fogot and Sky Prince! VERY nice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMk4N8edBQ Here is my Beyblade. "Lunar Myst DF145 RSD" PLZ rate & comment. Wish me luck!
-Akasumi
Isn't that bey just WAY TOO heavy for WBO, or even Takara Tomy standards?
If TT could ban Libra, then this bey would have no future! Tongue_out

dei- Ah, I forgot that even you would enter (and rob all chances from people who are worthy of the prize as of yet Tongue_out)
qwerty- Well, just appreciating your work! Smile
(Sep. 14, 2011  7:56 AM)Akasumi Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMk4N8edBQ Here is my Beyblade. "Lunar Myst DF145 RSD" PLZ rate & comment. Wish me luck!
-Akasumi
kai-v said that if it's just an image, it's suggested that you just posted it on the site as an image, not a video... video would mean if u made a model of your beyblade out of clay, metal, plastic, or whatever.... this doesn't meet the criteria... there is a chance of disqualification but it's up for kai-v to decide.....

It seems that no one took notice of mine...
Can someone comment on mine? I worked so hard...
Fogot, nice design there man. you surely going to win the prize of this contest. you got a big chance mate. XD
(Sep. 14, 2011  8:27 AM)Korji Liddicut Wrote: It seems that no one took notice of mine...
The only people you have to worry about commenting on yours are Kei, Kai-V, Heart, Blitz, and Daegor42. Everyone else's opinions are irrelevant in this contest. Just consider it intimidation. Wink
(Sep. 14, 2011  8:08 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: dei- Ah, I forgot that even you would enter (and rob all chances from people who are worthy of the prize as of yet Tongue_out)
If I'm not mistaken, 3 Strongest Blader Sets will be handed out so unless mine is so fabulous that the committee decides that I deserve to win first, second, and third place for one entry, I'm sure there will be an opportunity for others.

Also, I'm lazy so much like the AMV contest, I may not be done in time since I'm very picky. Confused
(Sep. 14, 2011  8:27 AM)Korji Liddicut Wrote: It seems that no one took notice of mine...

So is my bey hah. Well, we just need to see if our Bey impress the judge not others.
Hmm, I'm starting to have doubts about my entry with my beyblade. I still love the idea of my beyblade but it wasn't really drawn that well (I suck at drawing, especially to scale symmetrical things like beyblades). I just hope the design and ideas of parts pull me through.
Good luck to everyone else too.
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:13 AM)RowDog Wrote: Hmm, I'm starting to have doubts about my entry with my beyblade. I still love the idea of my beyblade but it wasn't really drawn that well (I suck at drawing, especially to scale symmetrical things like beyblades). I just hope the design and ideas of parts pull me through.
Good luck to everyone else too.
I feel exactly the same man but lets see what happens next Smile
I noticed something with a few people's entries, what will happen to those who have repeated the exact names of real parts? And will you be taking under consideration how it will have to be made and manufactured in real life?
everyone entries are great it seems like i have NO chance what so ever to win this
acutally im surpised someon else didnt think of a eclipse beyblades
(yeah that what my entry was lunar eclipse and solar eclipse) but i changed there name to akuma(japenese for demon) cause i thought someone else was already going to do eclipse but whatever i like solar (sun) and lunar (moon) akuma (demon) just as much
Here is my "last minute" entry!

Crater Proteus H:W:D
Type-Defense

FACE-Proteus
The face represents "Proteus",One of the moons of the planet Neptune.

Clear Wheel-Proteus
Weight-5 grams
Proteus is the heaviest clear wheel weighing 5 grams.This CW has 4 Blades.There is a Gap/cut between each blade.These gaps represent craters of the moon.But these gaps are not evenly cut on all the sides making it very unbalanced,thus making it a bad choice for defense customizations.

Metal Wheel-Crater
Weight-46.7 grams
Crater is one of the heaviest metal wheels created after Libra and Basalt.It is circular in shape.It has 2 gaps on both the sides . These gaps are evenly cut unlike the CW.On the surface of the wheel,there are small holes which are pink in color and represent craters.But the number of holes on both the sides are not equal,which makes it unbalanced.But because it is wobbly,it makes it hard for attack types to knock it out.Due to the unbalanced weight distribution,it has bad stamina.But this problem can be rectified when paired with balanced clear wheels such as Bull,Kerbecs.Overall,this is an ideal wheel for strong defense customizations.

4D Bottom-Hole Wide Defense.
Height Equivalent-170

Hole Wide Defense is 4D bottom with no mode change.It is just simply a wider version of WD with a hole in the middle.The hole in the middle decreases the friction between the tip and the floor.Thus making it spin for a long time.Due to its height with which it is paired with,it has bad balance and it is easy to destabilize by customizations which are higher than 120.Due to low friction and balane issues,this part is outclassed by other stamina parts such as WD,SD,D,EWD.

Video-

Creator notes-The H:W:D bottom was made by rolling paper and putting on a blue disk kind of thing.I found it in some old box and i don't have the slightest clue on what it actually is :P.Other than that,the whole bey is made of paper.

Good luck to the other entries!This sure will be a tough competition!
(Sep. 13, 2011  6:05 PM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2011  5:24 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Ah, the entry I was waiting for!
You've overshadowed most of the entries posted

Aaawww..i feel bad now..XD..is that mean mine is overshadowed too?

Sam:your track is wicked..nice..but dont you think it will have balan e and recoil issue?but the design is nice..
the entries are gettng better and better now..XD..i hope i still can win.. Tongue_out

jan Mine hasnt overshadowed even 30% of those posted.. Tongue_out

Benjohadi First up, your entry was definitely better than mine.
Balance as I said..will be an issue if the wings are not symmetrical and as for the recoil is concerned..it shouldn't be much because on striking the opponent it will get deflected a little downwards if the opponent is higher and deflect up if opponent is lower because it can move up and down so it wont lead to much recoil IMO but if at same height, it will suffer from recoil...forgot to add that

All the last minute entries are just too good....Fogot's, Sky Prince's, etc.
So placings now as per me..no specific order:
Sky Prince, STF, Fogot, AsbelLhant,BBS,Benjohadi,Ga'Hooleone(I hope I didnt misspell it)...etc..their entries were really good ... much better than mine(7 of them there...top 5 will be tough to choose)

I felt their entries were the best...who knows..we might get another winner from the people who are yet to post
Here is my entry:
Meteor Star F: S
(It is a Left Spin Bey)
Face:Star
The Face represents Star a luminous ball of energy held together by gravity.
Clear Wheel:Star
Weight-3.3 grams
Star has 6 "Shooting Stars" in it with 3 of them being bigger then the other which are coloured red, orange and yellow. It is one of the most heaviest Clear Wheels but is unfortunately, is only compatible with Meteor. Star is used to strengthen meteor as it has a gap in it to change modes.
Metal Wheel, Meteor
Assault Mode:Assault Mode
Defence Mode:Defence Mode
Metal Frame and Core:Metal Frame+Core
Weight-39.4grams (Metal frame-17 grams, Core-22.4 grams)
(The Metal Frame acts like the tail of the meteor which is the Core)
Meteor depicts 3 meteors which, the "tails" can be shortened or lengthened by moving the metal frame into the core which, results into the mode change. However, the metal frame or "tail" can only be pushed in without the requirement of disassembly(Can only shorten the tail without taking the bey apart). This is useful for changing from a defensive bey, to a offensive bey between rounds.
In the Defence mode, the Tails makes the Metal Wheel have a more round shape which gives it more Defensive properties.
When the Metal Frame is pushed into the Core, the Metal wheel changes to Assault mode which gives it more Offensive properties. However, due to the large gaps in this mode, Meteor would suffer more recoil thus could result into a self KO.
4D Tip:Final Star (FConfused)
The 4D tip represents the life of a Star, with the bey starting off with the Defence (D) bottom which represents the slow life of a star. However when the bey loses stamina, the tip changes to the Hole Star-Flat (HSF) bottom which represents the explosion a star makes when it dies. Because of the Star shape of the Bottom, it moves more violently then normal, which makes it more explosion like.
Assembled Bey Assault+Defense Mode:Assembled Bey
sorry if the pictures were blurry i was taking them in webcam :L
so what do people think of my entry?

i didn't color it but i have both a 2d top view and a 3d side view for all parts