FB Discussion

So I did one extra test but this time with MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85 FB (Attack Mode) - All tests done in BB-10:

MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85 FB (Attack Mode) vs MF-L Duo Aquario W145 WD

Phantom: 12/20 (8 KO, 4 OS)
Duo: (8 OS)

Notes: I used attack mode for Phantom. If shot using the sliding shot technique, it would be able to easily KO Duo Aquario. Phantom OS'd Duo via Destabilization.
Seems conflicting Tongue_out, I'll test myself when I can.
Sad part though, the ball on FB wears ridiculously easily so whatever use it may have is marred by the fact that it wears like rubber without actually being rubber. It actually comes from Divine Chimera first, but that's hardly important.

oh god nicknames, it's almost like reading some of the posts on Smogon. Er, let's see:

Lightning Tank (LT) = MF-H Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF
Maximum Meteor (MM) = Meteo L-Drago CH120XF
Time Rook (TR) = MF-H Basalt Horogium TH170WF
Pegasis Counter (ah that brings me back, that was my first combo thread) = MF-H Big Bang Pegasis BD145RF

As for FB, it's fun but I always felt that it's just lacking. It's an excellent balance of several traits, but again: jack-of-all-trades, master of none. The Force Smash combo seems promising, I'll attempt to test whenever I'm free.
Me and UltimiteOrion found an amazing combo with FB in it! Check the thread out: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-Wyva...er-mode-FB
Does anyone else have tests they can post for FB?
(Nov. 03, 2013  11:07 PM)Ga Wrote: Sad part though, the ball on FB wears ridiculously easily so whatever use it may have is marred by the fact that it wears like rubber without actually being rubber. It actually comes from Divine Chimera first, but that's hardly important.

oh god nicknames, it's almost like reading some of the posts on Smogon. Er, let's see:

Lightning Tank (LT) = MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF [LINK]
Maximum Meteor (MM) = MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF [LINK]
Time Rook (TR) = MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Aquario 230 MF/WF [LINK]
Pegasis Counter (ah that brings me back, that was my first combo thread) = MF-H Big Bang Pegasis III BD145RF [LINK]

As for FB, it's fun but I always felt that it's just lacking. It's an excellent balance of several traits, but again: jack-of-all-trades, master of none. The Force Smash combo seems promising, I'll attempt to test whenever I'm free.

Minor corrections to customizations in bold, and links added (though wow most stuff from back then is really painful for me to read).

"Time Rook" was MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Aquario 230WF/MF. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF was made after the nickname ban came into action (it's also a lot better than the 230 version (and WF much better than MF), making it much more viable for spamming in the meta at the time, hence why Hero and I made a thread for it despite the similarities). Hero and I were always slightly disappointed as we had some really neat names for it, and it was the first combo thread I (and I think he) ever made (I've never really been focussed on making combination threads despite experimentation with tonnes of customs being my favourite part of the game - that might actually be my only one until limited lol).

Also, Shining God MS, your OP is wrong about the origin of FB - it is an old part, released in Divine Chimera TR145FB.

I should have one in the next few days, so I'll give it a shot, but odds are I'm going to be too busy with Limited to do any standard format testing with it (especially as I don't have a lot of the important parts for standard yet).

also oh wow that FB combo thread was the one that got to the point of talking about the effect of recording framerate on apparent speed lol
Ah, thank you th!nk. I would really appreciate if you could test FB on MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon SA165FB and Gryph Gryph E230FB.
It'll be even longer til I get a Wyvang and longer still til I get two gryphs, but I will try them out when I get them.
I got my FB today. No tests yet - will give it a shot on Meteo in a bit (more focussed on something else divine chimera let me try) and edit it into this post, but I wanted to put an end to the old "FB/XF is faster" thing: XF is slightly faster, and here's why: FB's lower edge is rounded which means it is slightly narrower than XF. It's close, no doubt, but XF has a definite edge.