Experimental Format Updates & Hasbro Burst BeyLotto, Limited Format v1.5, and more!

(Sep. 20, 2016  5:28 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I agree with you on the financial aspect. From my personnal experience, the Burst Standard Beystadium is completely unfair to Attack Types (without mentioning how difficult it is to use the Sliding Shoot correctly). But hey, I shouldn't complain, it will just be easier for me, since I'm mostly using stamina and defense types in MFB.

I agree there are tradeoffs in both areas. Unfortunately there are pretty much never any perfect outcomes, so we have to pick the compromises we're willing to live with. Since BB-10 is still legal and we still totally encourage any host to use it if they have it, this was pretty much the best outcome we could reach.

There will always be reasons why we shouldn't do something, but in this case they were outweighed by the reasons that we should.
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:14 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: How can you guys ban Ronin (which is not really that powerful, in my opinion), but leave Revolve unbanned ? Revolve is used in almost every single Burst tournament, and you can win super easily with it. Heck, Dobby came in second place at Burst of the Wild using only Revolve based combos, even if his launch is terrible.

For the stadiums, the ridge of the Burst Beystadium is way too thick in my opinion, but as always us mortals don't have any power on such decisions...

If you disagree with the Dark Knight/Ronin ban, please feel free to state your case against the arguments made by those in favour in the ban list discussion thread! And remember that the Limited Format is something that can evolve more fluidly than any other format, so almost nothing (other than obvious things like Synchrom) is ever permanent (as the Gravity unban is evidence of). I'd love to hear your in depth thoughts on it there! All of our decisions are influenced by the community, which is especially evident in things like Limited Format where for example, discussion was started by the community to try unbanning Gravity.

As for the comparison to Revolve, I don't think that is particularly apt. The issue with banning Revolve is that the next best thing (ie. Defense, which is arguably just as good or better) will take its place and not change much of anything. And if we ban Defense, then the next best thing will take its place ... there's nothing inherently broken about any of the Drivers at this point. And people are always going to abuse the best Stamina types with whatever parts they have available to them because they're "easy" and "safe" to use; that's just how Beyblade works.

On the other hand, there is a more solid argument to make for things like Layers (Odin, Deathscyther, Dark Deathscyther) because banning any of those has a much more significant impact on the game. That said, I welcome you to create a thread presenting your argument for banning Revolve. Wouldn't hurt to have a more detailed discussion about it.

(Sep. 20, 2016  5:28 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I agree with you on the financial aspect. From my personnal experience, the Burst Standard Beystadium is completely unfair to Attack Types (without mentioning how difficult it is to use the Sliding Shoot correctly). But hey, I shouldn't complain, it will just be easier for me, since I'm mostly using stamina and defense types in MFB.

Yeah, like Brad was saying ... there are no perfect outcomes. To us, being able to enable the formats to be played in the foreseeable future in spite of the increasing scarcity of Attack Stadiums was the most important aspect. The Burst Standard Type BeyStadium was close enough in design and gameplay to work for the format, so we decided to legalize it.

And ultimately, I think it's important to remember that just because there are differences between the two doesn't make one necessarily better than the other. Personally, while I prefer the Attack Stadium due to my level of familiarity with it, it's exciting to think about a new good stadium to use for those formats and what sort of adjustments I'd have to make to my strategy.
[Image: oh-boy.gif]
Here comes dat Gravity F230GCF!

Can't wait to try the Experimental Format in 2 weeks!
that is cool maybe i might do it the events a tournament never been to a beyblade tournament before
Ill get face booster rising thnx!
(Sep. 20, 2016  11:32 PM)Yami Wrote: [Image: oh-boy.gif]
Here comes dat Gravity F230GCF!

Can't wait to try the Experimental Format in 2 weeks!

is there going to be a Maryland tourney in 2 weeks?
Hm, just wondering, the OP doesn't seem to specify a closing date for the Experimental Format Hasbro Beylotto.
Can a committee member please confirm? @[Bey Brad] @[Kei]

And congrats @[~Mana~]! We now have our UK rep! Grin Get that database access and you know what to do...
lol
(Sep. 21, 2016  3:59 PM)Manicben Wrote: Hm, just wondering, the OP doesn't seem to specify a closing date for the Experimental Format Hasbro Beylotto.

We don't know for sure yet because we don't know how many test events we'll need to run before we arrive at a finalized ruleset. However, the goal is to complete it before December.
(Sep. 21, 2016  4:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2016  3:59 PM)Manicben Wrote: Hm, just wondering, the OP doesn't seem to specify a closing date for the Experimental Format Hasbro Beylotto.

We don't know for sure yet because we don't know how many test events we'll need to run before we arrive at a finalized ruleset. However, the goal is to complete it before December.

Understood. I'll definitely get in a couple of experimental format events (October & November) before then. Can't wait to see what the London gang think of it Grin
For once, I don't have a whole lot to say about this announcement, haha. I think a lot of these changes are a step in the right direction, not just for the game, but for the WBO as a whole.

Just a few points:

- Still kinda iffy on the procedure for Beyblade switching during Deck Rotation, but I think everyone else is too and that's obviously still a work in progress.

- As long as the Stadium inspection happens prior to Beyblade selection for the match, I think the Sonokong issue was handled well.

expect a Gravity combo thread or two soon-ish and maybe some other fundamental MFB things
Thanks Wombat! We actually kinda agonized over the Sonokong issue so I'm glad the outcome was satisfactory haha.

And yeah, deck rotation is definitely a work in progress. I suspect we'll try at least one more major switching style.
Now, when you say Ronin is banned, that means only on in crystal up mode correct?
(Sep. 22, 2016  11:26 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Now, when you say Ronin is banned, that means only on in crystal up mode correct?

I would think it means as a whole.
(Sep. 22, 2016  11:26 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Now, when you say Ronin is banned, that means only on in crystal up mode correct?

The part as a whole is banned. We don't traditionally ban "modes" of parts or combinations of parts.
I'll take Face Booster FLAXEN, please !
I really like the idea of the new format. Definitely brings more strategy, and hopefully will bring about even more of a variety of customs in competitive.
I'd like face booster advance
Wow, I sincerely hope you pull the gold Driger bit, with that kind of dedication.
Hi guys! you like what tops Burst?
As I said last time it would be nice if you seperated the face winners and the actual prize winners so there is more chances to win something.
(Oct. 09, 2016  4:43 PM)Ultra Wrote: As I said last time it would be nice if you seperated the face winners and the actual prize winners so there is more chances to win something.

This complaint would make sense and I would agree completely if it weren't for the fact that Faces cost nothing to produce, and the WBO can hand out as many as it wants. No one is losing out because those who win tangible prizes also get Faces - there are X Face winners and Y physical prize winners, who also happen to get a Face as part of their prize package. Taking away their Faces to make it so there's more winners is effectively the same as just increasing the number of Faces handed out.
(Oct. 09, 2016  5:05 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2016  4:43 PM)Ultra Wrote: As I said last time it would be nice if you seperated the face winners and the actual prize winners so there is more chances to win something.

This complaint would make sense and I would agree completely if it weren't for the fact that Faces cost nothing to produce, and the WBO can hand out as many as it wants. No one is losing out because those who win tangible prizes also get Faces - there are X Face winners and Y physical prize winners, who also happen to get a Face as part of their prize package. Taking away their Faces to make it so there's more winners is effectively the same as just increasing the number of Faces handed out.

Well yeah they could hand as many as they want but they've chosen to restrict it to three so that's irrelevant. I don't agree that no one is losing out. It's pretty clear from what I said that if you separated the two then three more people would be getting something...

We typically give out more Face Boosters to winners than physical prizes (latest example being HMS & Plastics 2016 BeyLotto), so I would say there is already more chances for people to win something other than a physical prize. Of course, we could give out 200 Face Boosters per giveaway if we wanted to, but we also have to be conscious of the fact that doing so would decrease their value. And given the amount of participants in any given BeyLotto, we don't necessarily want to end up giving Face Boosters to 25% of the people who enter for that same reason.

In the case of this Hasbro giveaway, the actual number of participants who have played in Experimental Format events before we do the draw is probably going to be relatively low. But you never know, if attendance for these events exceeds expectations, don't forget that in the past we've surprised people and given away more prizes than we initially announced!