Energy Layer - Gigant Gaia/Gaianon G2

Quote:Gaianon G2, known in Japan as Gigant Gaia, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-67 Random Booster Vol. 5 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==
Gaianon G2 is a Balance Type Energy layer featuring two rows of four blades resembling stones, two golem heads on either sides like the Layer's namesake, the Greek Primordial Deity Gaia, and a large 'G' around the center of the Layer.

The direction, shape and downward angle of the two rows of "stones" are similar to the blades of Wyvron except that the stones are much thicker and the angle that they protrude from is more obtuse, like the blades of Valtryek V2. The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack and the top of the heads create a smooth, low-recoil surface. This is meant to give Gaianon G2 a mix of defensive and attack properties, however, like most Balance Type layers this only leads to mediocre performance in both categories.

The angle of the stones create too much recoil for defense combinations, at the same time they are too small and too close together to create enough Smash Attack for attack combinations. The same problem applies to the corners of the golem heads. Not only that but there is not enough Outward-Weight-Distribution that could give Gaianon G2 stamina potential and even if it did, the recoil would render it null.

The teeth on the Takara Tomy release of Gaianon G2 can be described like the layer as a "Jack-of-all-Trades" as they alternate between "medium tall" to "short". Due to the two taller teeth, Gaianon G2 is sometimes capable of withstanding the recoil the blades produce against an attack type combination, but is overall unreliable.

==Overall==
While Gaianon G2 can have some level of success in defense combinations, it's outclassed by other Energy Layers such as Wyvron and Nepstrius due to having too much recoil. As such, this Layer is suitable only for collection purposes.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-67 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion (Random Booster Vol. 5) (clay orange)
==Hasbro==

Me about an hour ago: Okay that's enough drafts for today

Me now: [Censored]!

Such high hopes for this Layer, such a shame.
(May. 12, 2017  12:34 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:Gaianon G2, known in Japan as Gigant Gaia, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-67 Random Booster Vol. 5 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==
Gaianon G2 is a Balance Type Energy layer featuring two rows of four blades resembling stones, two golem heads on either sides like the Layer's namesake, the Greek Primordial Deity Gaia, and a large 'G' around the center of the Layer.

The direction, shape and downward angle of the two rows of "stones" are similar to the blades of Wyvron except that the stones are much thicker and the angle that they protrude from is more obtuse, like the blades of Valtryek V2. The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack and the top of the heads create a smooth, low-recoil surface. This is meant to give Gaianon G2 a mix of defensive and attack properties, however, like most Balance Type layers this only leads to mediocre performance in both categories.

The angle of the stones create too much recoil for defense combinations, at the same time they are too small and too close together to create enough Smash Attack for attack combinations. The same problem applies to the corners of the golem heads. Not only that but there is not enough Outward-Weight-Distribution that could give Gaianon G2 stamina potential and even if it did, the recoil would render it null.

The teeth on the Takara Tomy release of Gaianon G2 can be described like the layer as a "Jack-of-all-Trades" as they alternate between "medium tall" to "short". Due to the two taller teeth, Gaianon G2 is sometimes capable of withstanding the recoil the blades produce against an attack type combination, but is overall unreliable.

==Overall==
While Gaianon G2 can have some level of success in defense combinations, it's outclassed by other Energy Layers such as Wyvron and Nepstrius due to having too much recoil. As such, this Layer is suitable only for collection purposes.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

i have heard G2 has decent defense and it has been place in the competitive combos.
I haven't really seen it in competitive use and I've asked Kai-V and she said it's terrible compared to Wyvern and Neptune
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I haven't really seen it in competitive use and I've asked Kai-V and she said it's terrible compared to Wyvern and Neptune

i dun know im kinda confused how can something bad be listed in the competitive combo list.
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:56 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:55 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I haven't really seen it in competitive use and I've asked Kai-V and she said it's terrible compared to Wyvern and Neptune

i dun know im kinda confused how can something bad be listed in the competitive combo list.

Well that list is tentative and there tend to be cases of people jumping the gun and posting things prematurely, I still tend to do that myself a lot.

Besides, I've yet to see it in any tournament winning combos
(Jun. 11, 2017  5:02 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:56 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i dun know im kinda confused how can something bad be listed in the competitive combo list.

Well that list is tentative and there tend to be cases of people jumping the gun and posting things prematurely, I still tend to do that myself a lot.

Besides, I've yet to see it in any tournament winning combos

So what can we finally say about G2 is it bad or good?
I say it's bad, mediocre Defense, Attack and Stamina (like A LOT of Balance Types)
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:17 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I say it's bad, mediocre Defense, Attack and Stamina (like A LOT of Balance Types)

As far as I know, Gigant Gaia is probably the best Right-Spin Defense Layer in the game. I've played around with G2 Gravity Unite a lot, and not even Xcalibur could KO it consistently (if at all). Even on Gravity Unite, it's also incredibly burst resistant - I couldn't burst it with an illegal Valtyrek Heavy Weight. It has a fair amount of Burst Attack itself, most Attackers I tried against it tended to self-burst rather than being outspun. I played a bunch of rounds using it against @[ExtremeBlader3] after the Sunday event of Beyblade North, and it beat his God Valkyrie 6V Xtreme nearly every time.

In my opinion, The only thing keeping from being used more is that its Stamina isn't very good, and y'know, Drain Fafnir.
(Jun. 12, 2017  2:54 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:17 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I say it's bad, mediocre Defense, Attack and Stamina (like A LOT of Balance Types)

As far as I know, Gigant Gaia is probably the best Right-Spin Defense Layer in the game. I've played around with G2 Gravity Unite a lot, and not even Xcalibur could KO it consistently (if at all). Even on Gravity Unite, it's also incredibly burst resistant - I couldn't burst it with an illegal Valtyrek Heavy Weight. It has a fair amount of Burst Attack itself, most Attackers I tried against it tended to self-burst rather than being outspun. I played a bunch of rounds using it against @[ExtremeBlader3] after the Sunday event of Beyblade North, and it beat his God Valkyrie 6V Xtreme nearly every time.

In my opinion, The only thing keeping from being used more is that its Stamina isn't very good, and y'know, Drain Fafnir.

Think you can do a test thread? I'd like to see more.

==Description==

The direction, shape and downward angle of the two rows of "stones" are similar to the blades of Wyvron except that the stones are much thicker and the angle that they protrude from is more obtuse, like the blades of Valtryek V2. The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack and the top of the heads create a smooth, low-recoil surface. This is meant to give Gaianon G2 a mix of defensive and attack properties, however, the angle and spacing between the stones are too small for decent attack potential.

Instead, Gaianon G2's potential lies within defense; the stones deflect attacks creating a low recoil surface perfect for Knock-Out defense customizations and the teeth on the Takara Tomy release of Gaianon G2 alternate between "medium tall" to "short" giving Gaianon G2 strong Burst resistance, but not to the same degree as Wyvron due to the obtuse angle of the blades. Furthermore, this Layer's stamina is only average compared to Layers such as Wyvron, Odax or Neptune, giving combinations using Gaianon G2 a risk of being out spun.

==Use in Defense Combinations==
Gaianon G2 can be used in the Knock-Out Defense Combination Gaianon G2 Heavy/Gravity/4Glaive/2Glaive/8Glaive/Down/Knuckle Unite/Yielding/Defense.
The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/4Glaive/2Glaive/8Glaive further bolsters Gaianon G2's Knock-Out defense while the Layer's teeth can compensate for the greater Burst risk while Down/Knuckle adds Stamina and Burst resistance while the Layer can compensate for the greater Knock-Out risk.
Unite adds greater Knock-Out resistance but reduces stamina, Yielding bolsters stamina and Burst resistance while the Layer can compensate for the greater Knock-Out risk and Defense can bolster Knock-Out resistance, Stamina and Burst resistance but not the the same degree as the other Tips.

==Overall==
Gaianon G2 is a great defensive Energy Layer with strong Knock-Out resistance and good Burst resistance. However, the Layer is still outclassed by Neptune, Wyvron and Odax. As such Gaianon G2 is not a must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
Edits based on Wombat's testing.
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Edits based on Wombat's testing.

also add bite G2 os good on bite.
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:11 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Edits based on Wombat's testing.

also add bite G2 os good on bite.

G2 does not have that much stamina at all, and Bite would only serve to worsen stamina. If it couldn't be KO'd on UNITE, of all things, Bite is not really going to help it.
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:23 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:11 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also add bite G2 os good on bite.

G2 does not have that much stamina at all, and Bite would only serve to worsen stamina. If it couldn't be KO'd on UNITE, of all things, Bite is not really going to help it.
oh i thought the only purpose of G2 on bite would be to outspin xtreme, variable and ball based attackers.Recently i saw a video of jojo in which she used G2 gravity bite aginst stock amaterios and it  did good.
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:31 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:23 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: G2 does not have that much stamina at all, and Bite would only serve to worsen stamina. If it couldn't be KO'd on UNITE, of all things, Bite is not really going to help it.
oh i thought the only purpose of G2 on bite would be to outspin xtreme, variable and ball based attackers.Recently i saw a video of jojo in which she used G2 gravity bite aginst stock amaterios and it  did good.

Stock amaterios isn't that good and g2+bite gets outspun by some of those rubbed tipped attackers
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:36 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:31 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: oh i thought the only purpose of G2 on bite would be to outspin xtreme, variable and ball based attackers.Recently i saw a video of jojo in which she used G2 gravity bite aginst stock amaterios and it  did good.

Stock amaterios isn't that good and g2+bite gets outspun by some of those rubbed tipped attackers

oh ok i get it.
When I read gaianon, I thought it said Ghanaian lol.
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:07 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: When I read gaianon, I thought it said Ghanaian lol.

Im Ghanaian
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:16 PM)Makoto16 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  2:07 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: When I read gaianon, I thought it said Ghanaian lol.

Im Ghanaian

Oh kl, I used to actually chill at my local barber shop and everyone was Ghanaian. It was the most live atmosphere especially during the world cup football. I won't say anymore cos I don't wanna go off topic in the thread but it was live.
"The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack" As from what I've seen in my testing Gigant Gaia doesn't have much smash attack. I would leave that part out. I would replace Yielding with Weight because Weight has more ko resistence because of the weight while still offering good stamina. Because Yielding has the lowest friction out of all Drivers it's not recommended for KO Defense but rather for Burst Defense. Also you should add Bite because it has the most KO resistence out of all Drivers currently available after it was used for a few rounds since the rubber gets soft and the round shape helps it even more. Other than that it's an excellent draft in my opinion. Smile
(Jun. 18, 2017  4:11 PM)TL14 Wrote: "The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack" As from what I've seen in my testing Gigant Gaia doesn't have much smash attack. I would leave that part out. I would replace Yielding with Weight because Weight has more ko resistence because of the weight while still offering good stamina. Because Yielding has the lowest friction out of all Drivers it's not recommended for KO Defense but rather for Burst Defense. Also you should add Bite because it has the most KO resistence out of all Drivers currently available after it was used for a few rounds since the rubber gets soft and the round shape helps it even more. Other than that it's an excellent draft in my opinion. Smile

G2 already has a problem with stamina, using Bite on it will just get it OS'd by anything not on Xtreme. Weight is also not recommended, because if G2 is destabilized, it's game over. And Yeilding supplements the Burst Defense, the Layer provides the KO Defense.
(Jun. 18, 2017  4:39 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  4:11 PM)TL14 Wrote: "The sides two golem heads create points of Smash Attack" As from what I've seen in my testing Gigant Gaia doesn't have much smash attack. I would leave that part out. I would replace Yielding with Weight because Weight has more ko resistence because of the weight while still offering good stamina. Because Yielding has the lowest friction out of all Drivers it's not recommended for KO Defense but rather for Burst Defense. Also you should add Bite because it has the most KO resistence out of all Drivers currently available after it was used for a few rounds since the rubber gets soft and the round shape helps it even more. Other than that it's an excellent draft in my opinion. Smile

G2 already has a problem with stamina, using Bite on it will just get it OS'd by anything not on Xtreme. Weight is also not recommended, because if G2 is destabilized, it's game over. And Yeilding supplements the Burst Defense, the Layer provides the KO Defense.

from what i have seen weight is easy to destabilize. yeilding is better cuz it has better balance than weight.
(Jun. 18, 2017  7:54 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  4:39 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: G2 already has a problem with stamina, using Bite on it will just get it OS'd by anything not on Xtreme. Weight is also not recommended, because if G2 is destabilized, it's game over. And Yeilding supplements the Burst Defense, the Layer provides the KO Defense.

from what i have seen weight is easy to destabilize. yeilding is better cuz it has better balance than weight.

My point exactly.
Anybody know the weight of the G2 Energy Layer?

==Description==

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

add for the hasbro section gaianon g2 and doomscizor dual pack
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Gaianon G2, known in Japan as Gigant Gaia, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-67 Random Booster Vol. 5 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion on December 28th, 2016.

==Description==

The direction, shape and downward angle of the two rows of "stones" are similar to the blades of Wyvron except that the stones are much thicker and the angle that they protrude from is more obtuse, like the blades of Valtryek V2. The sides two golem heads create points of Burst Attack and the top of the heads create a smooth, low-recoil surface. This is meant to give Gaianon G2 a mix of defensive and attack properties, however, the angle and spacing between the stones are too small for decent attack potential.

Instead, Gaianon G2's potential lies within defense; the stones deflect attacks creating a low recoil surface perfect for Knock-Out defense customizations and the teeth on the Takara Tomy release of Gigant Gaia alternate between "medium tall" to "short" giving Gaianon G2 strong Burst resistance, greater than Wyvron due to the similar blades and stronger teeth. However, this Layer's stamina is only average compared to Layers such as Wyvern, Odin or Neptune, giving combinations using Gaianon G2 a risk of being out spun.

==Use in Defense Combinations (Takara Tomy)==
Gigant Gaia can be used in the Defense Combination Gigant Gaia Heavy/Gravity/0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Unite/Bite/Defense
The heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity/0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive further bolsters Gaianon G2's Knock-Out resistance and Stamina while the Layer's teeth can compensate for the greater Burst risk. Unite/Bite adds greater Knock-Out resistance but reduces stamina, Defense can bolster Knock-Out resistance, Stamina and Burst resistance but not the the same degree as the other Tips.

==Overall==
Gigant Gaia is a great defensive Energy Layer with strong Knock-Out resistance and stronger Burst resistance. However, the Layer is still outclassed by Neptune, Wyvern and Odin due to its only average Stamina. Furthermore, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Gigant Gaia has become too light to be competitive.

As such, Gigant Gaia is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Gaianon G2 is virtually unchanged from its Takara Tomy counterpart with the same strong Burst resistance and Defense potential. However, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Gaianon G2 is now too light to be competitive.

As such, Gaianon G2 is also recommended for collection purposes only

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==