Energy Layer - Drain Fafnir

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Drain Fafnir in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
[Hasbro Name] is a somewhat triangular Energy Layer designed for stamina that features three side profile dragon heads with clear plastic "nose horns" along the perimeter, an "F" along with each dragon that sticks out slightly at two points from the perimeter and three claws grasping the center God Chip, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; Fafnir the Nordic Dragon of Greed. These molding details gives [Hasbro Name] both a rough perimeter and a high Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect by concentrating the weight along the perimeter. [Hasbro Name] features three teeth of medium-high length, akin to those found on Luinor L2.

[Hasbro Name] features two gimmicks:
The first is that this Layer is meant to spin Left, opposite to most other Beyblades other than Luinor L2 and Dragoon Storm.
The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to equalize spin with a Right spin opponent.

While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of [Hasbro Name] may imply recoil, the Left spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right spin opponent and even when against a Left spin opponent, the protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and stamina loss. When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s, "horns" and rounded shape of [Hasbro Name] allows for spin equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel [Hasbro Name] faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. However, the effect, while still there, is not as great as that of the L-Drago II Wheel as the amount of exposed rubber along the perimeter is less than that on the aforementioned Wheel. When against a Left spin opponent, [Hasbro Name] cannot equalize spin, in this case the clear plastic "horn" of each dragon head receives the first impact to deflect attacks like standard stamina type Layers.

The high OWD of this Layer also gives [Hasbro Name] two other features; high Burst resistance and Burst Attack. Layers with high OWD resist changes in spin speed, which includes increases, thus when spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the OWD of [Hasbro Name] and the friction of the rubber will cause the opponent's Layer to slow down compared to the Disk and Performance Tip, leading to Bursts.
This is true against Left spin opponents as well as [Hasbro Name] will resist slowing down, increasing its Burst resistance, and will instead cause the opponent to Burst against it. Furthermore, the effect is amplified if contact is made with the rubber as the higher friction will catch onto the opponent's Layer, slowing it down further.

*==Use in Balance Combinations==
[Hasbro Name] can be put to use in the Spin Equalization Balance Combination [Hasbro Name] Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/8Vortex/4Vortex Revolve/Atomic/Orbit. When spinning slower than the opponent, the light weight of Spread/Knuckle will aid in making spin equalization easier while heavy weight of Gravity/8Vortex/4Vortex will synergize with the OWD of the Layer and increase the chances of victory by Burst. Revolve/Atomic/Orbit will supply the procession needed for spin equalization and the Knock-Out resistance to stay within the stadium to improve chances of victory by Spin Finish.

*==Use in Attack Combinations==
[Hasbro Name] can be put to use in the Burst Attack Combination [Hasbro Name] Gravity/8Vortex/4Vortex Xtreme/Hold. The synergy of OWD of the Layer and the heavy disk will increase chances of the opponent Bursting while Xtreme/Hold will increase momentum for greater impact and their low stamina will increase the chances of the combination spinning slower than the opponent.

*==Overall==
[Hasbro Name] is a great and versatile Left spin Energy Layer, capable of being used in Attack and Balance combinations due to its low-recoil design aiding defense and high OWD and high friction rubber aiding in stamina and Burst attack. Thus this Energy Layer is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (gold and blue)
  • _-__ Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (purple and blue)
*Not yet confirmed

Sources for Performance Information: Still needs legitimate testing to be done but I've pieced together as much as I could from those videos and my understanding of how Lost Longinus can Burst opponents when weak launched.
Awesome Draft Friend. But I think some things can be changed/improved here.
"When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s, "horns" and rounded shape of [Hasbro Name] allows for spin equalization," this is wrong tbh. Even if you launch dF, very fast it will still Spin-Equalize. Thing that happens when it's slower is it gets faster then it's original speed to speed of oppnent.

I think you should check my thread too to know more about how Spin-Stealing works. httpsrldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-Spin-Stealing-Equalizing-What-are-things-that-make-

I think there are few more thingz that can improve as well. But I will tell it later :)

Edit:- BTW Orbit isn't good on dF. It's precession is pretyy medicore from my experience
(May. 17, 2017  6:48 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Awesome Draft Friend. But I think some things can be changed/improved here.
"When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s, "horns" and rounded shape of [Hasbro Name] allows for spin equalization," this is wrong tbh. Even if you launch dF, very fast it will still Spin-Equalize. Thing that happens when it's slower is it gets faster then it's original speed to speed of oppnent.

I think you should check my thread too to know more about how Spin-Stealing works. httpsrldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-Spin-Stealing-Equalizing-What-are-things-that-make-

I think there are few more thingz that can improve as well. But I will tell it later :)

Edit:- BTW Orbit isn't good on dF. It's precession is pretyy medicore from my experience

yup and from what i have seen on YT i think orbit also doesnt has that much LAD.also glaive has more lad than vortex.also dF weighs 12.7g.
(May. 16, 2017  2:39 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Drain Fafnir in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing on April 29th, 2017.

==Description==
[Hasbro Name] is a somewhat triangular Energy Layer designed for stamina that features three side profile dragon heads with clear plastic "nose horns" along the perimeter, an "F" along with each dragon that sticks out slightly at two points from the perimeter and three claws grasping the center God Chip, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; Fafnir the Nordic Dragon of Greed. These molding details gives [Hasbro Name] both a rough perimeter and a high Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect by concentrating the weight along the perimeter. [Hasbro Name] features three teeth of medium-high length, akin to those found on Luinor L2.

[Hasbro Name] features two gimmicks:
The first is that this Layer is meant to spin Left, opposite to most other Beyblades other than Luinor L2 and Dragoon Storm.
The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to equalize spin with a Right spin opponent.

While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of [Hasbro Name] may imply recoil, the Left spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right spin opponent and even when against a Left spin opponent, the protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and stamina loss. When spinning slower than a Right spin opponent, the rubber "F"s, "horns" and rounded shape of [Hasbro Name] allows for spin equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel [Hasbro Name] faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. However, the effect, while still there, is not as great as that of the L-Drago II Wheel as the amount of exposed rubber along the perimeter is less than that on the aforementioned Wheel.
When against a Left spin opponent, [Hasbro Name] cannot equalize spin, in this case the clear plastic "horn" of each dragon head receives the first impact to deflect attacks like standard stamina type Layers.

However, due to the low amount of exposed rubber, Drain Fafnir struggles to equalize spin against Layers with smooth, round designs such as Blaze Ragnaruk and Maximum Garuda and the weak launch required for Spin Equalization combinations means that Drain Fafnir is also weak against Tornado Staller combinations.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
[Hasbro Name] can be put to use in the Spin Equalization/Defense Balance Combination [Hasbro Name] Gravity/2/4/5/7/8 Glaive/Cross Revolve/Atomic. The heavy weight of Gravity/2/4/5/7/8 Glaive/Cross will bolster Knock-Out resistance and the weight distribution of 4/8 Glaive/Cross will synergize with the OWD of the Layer and increases Stamina. Revolve/Atomic will supply the procession needed for spin equalization and the Knock-Out resistance to stay within the stadium to improve chances of victory by Spin Finish and the left spinning nature of [Hasbro Name] will reduce recoil against a right spinning opponent.

==Overall==
[Hasbro Name] is a great and versatile Left spin Energy Layer with high potential in Spin Equalization/Defense Balance combinations due to its high Burst resistance and Stamina. While it may struggle against Tornado Stallers and Layers such as Maximum Garuda, [Hasbro Name]'s effectiveness against top tier Attack Layers such as Legend Spriggan makes it a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-79 Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (gold, dark blue rubber, turquoise God Chip)
  • Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (Purple Ver.) (black and purple)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • Since both Fengriff F2 and Drain Fafnir both use "F" in their abbreviations and emblems, Drain Fafnir uses an inverted "F" for differentiation.
i would say that u should also tell that dF is good against attack due to its round shape and cuz its left spin.weak launched dF is quite good against attackers as it can spin equalize with them since all attackers are right-spin.also the only true combo spin can be called a spin equalizer is dF P At .the 4g variant isnt good for spin equalizing since most right spining opponents use that set-up which give them equal lad to its own.add that is was the first burst beyblade with rubber on the layer in tivia section
I would like tell you that not all attack types are right spin . lost Longinus is also a attack type layer but left spin and really a good one
(Sep. 26, 2017  8:37 AM)Snidmist Wrote: I would like tell you that not all attack types are right spin . lost Longinus is also a attack type layer but left spin and really a good one

He didn't said all but rather "most of beys". which isn't wrong
(Sep. 26, 2017  8:37 AM)Snidmist Wrote: I would like tell you that not all attack types are right spin . lost Longinus is also a attack type layer but left spin and really a good one

L2 is not  competitive anymore.the only other left spin competitive attacker is legend spriigan but its right spin mode is far better so  mostly its used in right spin basically all current attack types in the meta are right spin
Don't go soo much by the book . L2 can do damage as well . If the launch is proper its bursts opponents

(Sep. 26, 2017  8:42 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

He didn't said all but rather "most of beys". which isn't wrong

Bro i think he deleted his previous post or edited it . I clearly read that he said all attack types are right spin
(Sep. 26, 2017  10:38 AM)Snidmist Wrote: Don't go soo much by the book . L2 can do damage as well . If the launch is proper its bursts opponents

(Sep. 26, 2017  8:42 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: He didn't said all but rather "most of beys". which isn't wrong

Bro i think he deleted his previous post or edited it . I clearly read that he said all attack types are right spin

Neither deleted nor edit.,yea u r right i said that and its true all competitive attack combos are right spin
(Sep. 26, 2017  11:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2017  10:38 AM)Snidmist Wrote: Don't go soo much by the book . L2 can do damage as well . If the launch is proper its bursts opponents

Neither deleted nor edit.,yea u r right i said that and its true all competitive attack combos are right spin
Maybe no one in your area knows how to use a lost Longinus ... Like maybe .. firefire

(Sep. 26, 2017  8:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i would say that u should also tell that dF is good against attack due to its round shape and cuz its left spin.weak launched dF is quite good against  attackers as it can spin equalize with them since all attackers are right-spin.also the only true combo spin can be called a spin equalizer is dF P At .the 4g variant isnt good for spin equalizing since most right spining opponents use that set-up which give them equal lad to its own.add that is was the first burst beyblade with rubber on the layer in tivia section

And you did edit this post ..
(Sep. 26, 2017  12:12 PM)Snidmist Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2017  11:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Neither deleted nor edit.,yea u r right i said that and its true all competitive attack combos are right spin
Maybe no one in your area knows how to use a lost Longinus ... Like maybe .. firefire

(Sep. 26, 2017  8:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i would say that u should also tell that dF is good against attack due to its round shape and cuz its left spin.weak launched dF is quite good against  attackers as it can spin equalize with them since all attackers are right-spin.also the only true combo spin can be called a spin equalizer is dF P At .the 4g variant isnt good for spin equalizing since most right spining opponents use that set-up which give them equal lad to its own.add that is was the first burst beyblade with rubber on the layer in tivia section

I'm gonna interject here. See, L2 may have been good before God Layers, but when everything weighs similarly to it, it's reliance on KO attack and high recoil falters. Especially compared to Legend Spriggan, which has the best attack of a right spin bey, and Seig Xcalibur, which also outclasses L2. And left spin isn't used as much because Garuda destroys left spin.
(Sep. 26, 2017  11:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Neither deleted nor edit.,yea u r right i said that and its true all competitive attack combos are right spin

i dint u can see it clearly says"all" if i edited it it wold say "most of".try L2 aginst aC or mG it would get DELETED also L2 is even weak against bR which is heavily outclassed now

Reason I didnt used was because my xtreme and hold were missing lol not because I can't use lol
I got your point . I need to test this mg first . I haven't got it yet . Thanks for the information
Suzuha and rebel blader
I would further want to say that the part that dF is weak against stallers should be removed.u can hard launch the dF combo and in the end of battle win by outspin via spin equalizing. If dF was weak against stallers it wouldn't have been a big deal when it was released and when it dominated
U can't hands
remember n an lfffical tournamnet
(Sep. 27, 2017  10:27 AM)mj9 Wrote: U can't hands
What do u mean?
(Sep. 27, 2017  11:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2017  10:27 AM)mj9 Wrote: U can't hands
What do u mean?

"Remember, you can't hand spin in an offical tournament"
(Sep. 27, 2017  11:55 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2017  11:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: What do u mean?

"Remember, you can't hand spin in an offical tournament"
Why would someone even want to handspin when one can weak launch
(Sep. 27, 2017  1:51 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2017  11:55 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: "Remember, you can't hand spin in an offical tournament"
Why would someone even want to handspin when one can weak launch

Because way anime advertise it. TT prefers it to be launched at hand spin speed for best performance but fails to advertise same effect can be achived by weak launching (Free very less use a actual launcher).\

MonoDragon, I think you can mention in trivia "Takara Tomy prefers it to be spun with hand or at low speed against opposite spin for best performance. But as launching with hand isn't legal in offical tournaments, weak launching is recomended to use for similer effect.
(Sep. 27, 2017  2:26 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2017  1:51 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Why would someone even want to handspin when one can weak launch

Because way anime advertise it.  TT prefers it to be launched at hand spin speed for best performance but fails to advertise same effect can be achived by weak launching (Free very less use a actual launcher).\

MonoDragon, I think you can mention in trivia "Takara Tomy prefers it to be spun with hand or at low speed against opposite spin for best performance. But as launching with hand isn't legal in offical tournaments, weak launching is recomended to use for similer effect.
Yea but this fact should always be mentioned that it should be hard launched against stallers or opponents which tend to stall
(Sep. 27, 2017  3:26 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2017  2:26 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Because way anime advertise it.  TT prefers it to be launched at hand spin speed for best performance but fails to advertise same effect can be achived by weak launching (Free very less use a actual launcher).\

Yea but this fact should always be mentioned that it should be hard launched against stallers or opponents which tend to stall

basicly oponenets which it might strugle to make contact/steal spin with.
What rubber is used on the spin steal layers anyway?
(Oct. 09, 2017  8:47 PM)BlackSunProphet Wrote: What rubber is used on the spin steal layers anyway?

Rubberized/softened plastic I believe