Energy Layer: Dark Deathscyther/Doomscizor D2

Quote:Doomscizor D2, known as Dark Deathscyther in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy on April 29, 2016

==Description==
Doomscizor D2, like its predecessor Doomscizor, is an Attack Type Layer that features four smooth sided, compact blades. Two of the blades are made of colored plastic with a sloped design that allow for small amounts of Upper Attack and Destabilization, the other two are made of transparent plastic and are not sloped, meant for Smash Attack. Despite being advertised as an Attack Type Layer, Doomscizor D2 does not perform well in Attack type combinations but excels in both Stamina and Defense combinations due to its incredibly round design. Because the blades are so compact the protrusions are incredibly shallow and create little recoil, that along with the layer's strong teeth makes it very resistant to Bursts and Knock-Outs. In comparison to its predecessor, Doomscizor D2's flywheel effect is not as great as Doomscizor, but it is still comparable and unlike Doomscizor, this Layer's teeth will not wear down with use.

However, Doomscizor D2 has a history of breaking and no mold variations have been released to solve that problem. It is recommended to have multiple copies of this layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Doomscizor D2 can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit. Due to Revolve's high procession time and Orbit's free rotating nature, the combinations are able to withstand hits without major stamina loss. In addition the wide ring around Revolve and Orbit's ball shaped tip give the combos great defensive properties as well.

In Mobile Stamina Customizations Doomscizor D2 is capable of outspinning opponents by avoiding contact with them like in combinations like Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr.

==Overall==
Overall Doomscizor D2 is a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and has become a key part in the Burst metagame. However, because of this Layer's history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-42 Dark Deathscyther Force Jaggy (black)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Jerk Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent blue)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Vertical Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent yellow)
  • BG-05 Random Layer Collection Vol. 5 (translucent red)
  • Dark Deathscyther Triple Blow (Bloody Red ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (red and white)
  • Dark Deathscyther (Mirage Clear Ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (clear)
==Hasbro==

Still wondering why people haven't made a wiki page on the most commonly used Stamina Layer in the game.

I still want to put more information on the teeth and I need product code for the Hasbro release. And since it was released by Hasbro I should probably add a section on the Hasbro version's performance too, however I don't think we have enough solid test data to make an accurate statement about the Hasbro one yet.
My Dark Deathscyther broke.
(Apr. 14, 2017  4:11 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: My Dark Deathscyther broke.

There's a thread called "Whine about your breaks" in the general discussions section. Take a picture and post it there, everyone would love to see how a Dark Deathscyther broke this time.
Ok thank you
You might wanna separate the page into TT and Hasbro sessions because they could have different performances. I'm constantly distracted by Dark Deathscyther being referred to as Doomscizor D2 even though they're not exact carbon copies.
(Apr. 19, 2017  2:31 PM)Bastillon Wrote: You might wanna separate the page into TT and Hasbro sessions because they could have different performances. I'm constantly distracted by Dark Deathscyther being referred to as Doomscizor D2 even though they're not exact carbon copies.

That's what I plan to do but I don't know how well Doomscizor D2 performs compared to Dark Deathscyther
(Apr. 19, 2017  4:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: That's what I plan to do but I don't know how well Doomscizor D2 performs compared to Dark Deathscyther

Then change the name to Dark Deathscyther for the moment unless there is enough substantial evidence that Doomscizor D2 has the exact same performance as Dark Deathscyther.
I mean, it all goes on one page on the Wiki. It'll be "Energy Layer - Doomscizor D2" anyway. Hasbro differences go under a second heading specifically to avoid this confusion, as mentioned in the layout plan last year.

Unfortunately I can't vouch for Hasbro performance, but the article can indeed be published without it and then added later. Perhaps @[Kei], @[Mitsu], @[Hato] or another Doomscizor D2 owner can give their thoughts on how the TT and Hasbro versions compare?
(Apr. 20, 2017  4:07 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I mean, it all goes on one page on the Wiki. It'll be "Energy Layer - Doomscizor D2" anyway. Hasbro differences go under a second heading specifically to avoid this confusion, as mentioned in the layout plan last year.

Unfortunately I can't vouch for Hasbro performance, but the article can indeed be published without it and then added later. Perhaps @[Kei], @[Mitsu], @[Hato] or another Doomscizor D2 owner can give their thoughts on how the TT and Hasbro versions compare?

Should I add the prefixes "==Takara Tomy Performance==" and "==Hasbro Performance==" and replace Doomscizor D2 with Dark Deathscyther in what would go in the former?
I just got Dark Doomscizor last weekend and haven't tested it just yet, but I may have some impressions after our Hasbro-only Burst Format event in Toronto this weekend.
(Apr. 20, 2017  7:28 PM)Kei Wrote: I just got Dark Doomscizor last weekend and haven't tested it just yet, but I may have some impressions after our Hasbro-only Burst Format event in Toronto this weekend.

Anything for greater accuracy. Keep me posted when you can get some info.
(Apr. 20, 2017  4:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Should I add the prefixes "==Takara Tomy Performance==" and "==Hasbro Performance==" and replace Doomscizor D2 with Dark Deathscyther in what would go in the former?

Nono, the layout you've used is totally fine. The article is generally written from a Takara-Tomy viewpoint anyway. Just, after the Overall heading, another heading should be added as "==Differences in the Hasbro version==", where we have a few paragraphs about the difference in performance, if applicable.
(Apr. 19, 2017  4:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: That's what I plan to do but I don't know how well Doomscizor D2 performs compared to Dark Deathscyther

I've actually done some testings with DoomScizor D2! Here are my stamina testings, and I may have posted more in the thread. 

Though, those aren't too indicative of the (more significant) changes Hasbro has made to D2. Ive found it to burst more than the original TT D2, even with tighter fitting disks. I will try to conduct some official testings about this soon Smile
Bump, still want to hear from people who have used Hasbro's D2
(Apr. 30, 2017  1:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, still want to hear from people who have used Hasbro's D2

I don't think Hasbro's D2 would be difficult to beat.
(Apr. 30, 2017  2:05 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I don't think Hasbro's D2 would be difficult to beat.

Same here but without proper testing I can't say anything yet
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Doomscizor D2, known as Dark Deathscyther in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy on April 29, 2016

==Description==
Doomscizor D2, like its predecessor Doomscizor, is an Attack Type Layer that features four smooth sided, compact blades. Two of the blades are made of colored plastic with a sloped design that allow for small amounts of Upper Attack and Destabilization, the other two are made of transparent plastic and are not sloped, meant for Smash Attack. Despite being advertised as an Attack Type Layer, Doomscizor D2 does not perform well in Attack type combinations but excels in both Stamina and Defense combinations due to its incredibly round design. Because the blades are so compact the protrusions are incredibly shallow and create little recoil, that along with the layer's strong teeth makes it very resistant to Bursts and Knock-Outs. In comparison to its predecessor, Doomscizor D2's flywheel effect is not as great as Doomscizor, but it is still comparable and unlike Doomscizor, this Layer's teeth will not wear down with use.

However, Doomscizor D2 has a history of breaking and no mold variations have been released to solve that problem. It is recommended to have multiple copies of this layer and to be prepared to replace it.

Doomscizor D2 can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit. Due to Revolve's high procession time and Orbit's free rotating nature, the combinations are able to withstand hits without major stamina loss. In addition the wide ring around Revolve and Orbit's ball shaped tip give the combos great defensive properties as well.

In Mobile Stamina Customizations Doomscizor D2 is capable of outspinning opponents by avoiding contact with them like in combinations like Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr.

==Overall==
Overall Doomscizor D2 is a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and has become a key part in the Burst metagame. However, because of this Layer's history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
In the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2, the slopes of the Layer are very weak making it very burst prone and the flywheel effect is significantly reduced making it outclassed Stamina wise by other Layers such as Kerbeus and Yegdrion. Due to these changes, unlike the Takara Tomy release, the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2 has poor performance in Attack, Defense and Stamina, thus making it suitable only for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Vertical Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent yellow)
  • Dark Deathscyther Triple Blow (Bloody Red ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (red and white)
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Black)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Maroon)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 and Unicrest U2 Dual Pack - Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Dark Green)
Okay, from the results of the Hasbro Burst RARELY Onto the Scene tournament and comments by 1234Beyblade and Kei, I've added a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" section.
Now I just need the numbers for the Hasbro releases of D2.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Hmm, if Dark Deathscyther does end up banned, I should probably change the Overall section to: "Overall Doomscizor D2 was a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and had become a key part in the Burst metagame up until being banned. Despite the ban however, because of this Layer's strong performance and history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer."
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Okay, from the results of the Hasbro Burst RARELY Onto the Scene tournament and comments by 1234Beyblade and Kei, I've added a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" section.

What do you guys think?

Just a note, there's also a "Single Bey" red D2 fir hasbro.
(May. 01, 2017  8:37 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Just a note, there's also a "Single Bey" red D2 fir hasbro.

And added (Looked more Maroon than Red to me)
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Doomscizor D2, known as Dark Deathscyther in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy on April 29, 2016

==Description==
Doomscizor D2, like its predecessor Doomscizor, is an Attack Type Layer that features four smooth sided, compact blades. Two of the blades are made of colored plastic with a sloped design that allow for small amounts of Upper Attack and Destabilization, the other two are made of transparent plastic and are not sloped, meant for Smash Attack. Despite being advertised as an Attack Type Layer, Doomscizor D2 does not perform well in Attack type combinations but excels in both Stamina and Defense combinations due to its incredibly round design. Because the blades are so compact, the protrusions are incredibly shallow and create little recoil, that along with the layer's strong teeth makes it very resistant to Bursts and Knock-Outs. In comparison to its predecessor, Doomscizor D2's flywheel effect is not as great as Doomscizor, but it is still comparable and unlike Doomscizor, this Layer's teeth will not wear down with use.

==Overall==
Overall Doomscizor D2 was a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and had become a key part in the Burst metagame up until being banned. Despite the ban however, because of this Layer's strong performance and history of breaks [b]every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer.[/b]

In the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2, the slopes of the Layer are very weak making it very burst prone and the flywheel effect is significantly reduced making it outclassed Stamina wise by other Layers such as Kerbeus and Yegdrion. Due to these changes, unlike the Takara Tomy release, the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2 has poor performance in Attack, Defense and Stamina, thus making it suitable only for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 and Unicrest U2 Dual Pack - Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Dark Green)

One last update on the Overall section due to the recent ban on this part
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==

==Overall==

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
Okay, from the results of the Hasbro Burst RARELY Onto the Scene tournament and comments by 1234Beyblade and Kei, I've added a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" section.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Hmm, if Dark Deathscyther does end up banned, I should probably change the Overall section to: "Overall Doomscizor D2 was a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and had become a key part in the Burst metagame up until being banned. Despite the ban however, because of this Layer's strong performance and history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer."

(May. 13, 2017  11:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: One last update on the Overall section due to the recent ban on this part

Maybe the hasbro ver has use in hasbro limited format?
(May. 27, 2017  7:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Okay, from the results of the Hasbro Burst RARELY Onto the Scene tournament and comments by 1234Beyblade and Kei, I've added a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" section.

What do you guys think?

(May. 13, 2017  11:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: One last update on the Overall section due to the recent ban on this part

Maybe the hasbro ver has use in hasbro limited format?
The Hasbro version is outclass ed by unicrest, yegdrion and kerbeus
(May. 27, 2017  8:29 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 27, 2017  7:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Maybe the hasbro ver has use in hasbro limited format?
The Hasbro version is outclass ed by unicrest, yegdrion and kerbeus.
Oh too bad it looked pretty cool.btw has anyone tested hasbro D2 as a staller?