Energy Layer - Ark Bahamut

(Nov. 27, 2017  5:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Ark Bahamut is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017

==Description==
Ark Bahamut is a Defense Type Energy Layer named after Bahamut, the giant fish of Islamic mythology, however to represent the anime’s rendition of this Layer’s beast, a dragon head is molded underneath the God Chip. Ark Bahamut’s perimeter is made of six clockwise blades, akin to a reversed Alter Chronos. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Ark Bahamut features gimmicks; the Layer is left spin and features a movable sub-layer.

In theory the sub-layer of Ark Bahamut is meant to connect with the prongs of the Disk so that as the Ark Bahamut combination grows closer to Bursting, the sub-layer moves in order to fill in the gaps between the blades and reduce recoil. In practice however, the decrease in gap depth is too minuscule to impact performance in any significant manner.

The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which heavily reduces the rate of Bursts despite the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut having three teeth of very short length. Furthermore, due to how weak the teeth are, Ark Bahamut combinations are capable of re-tightening themselves against opposite spin opponents if paired with a Performance Tip with a weak spring lock. As such this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups. Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create tournament acceptable Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance.

==Use in Defense/Stamina Combinations==
Ark Bahamut can be put to use in the Defense/Stamina Combination (MGC) Ark Bahamut 0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing. The left-spin nature and shape of Ark Bahamut works with the heavy weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Disc to increase Knock-Out resistance while the same properties of the Layer works with the low friction of the Orbit/Destroy/Bearing Tip to increase Burst resistance. When using Orbit/Destroy specifically, the Combination can withstand attacks from other Left Spin Attack Type opponents when given a moderate launch. When using Bearing specifically, the weak spring lock can allow the combinations to re-tighten itself against a Right Spin opponent if moderate/weak launched, however, using Bearing will make the combination highly vulnerable against Left Spin Attack Type opponents.

==Overall==
Despite the weak teeth and ineffective gimmick, the shape, weight, left spin nature and ability to re-tighten makes Ark Bahamut a top-tier Layer for Left Spin Defense, while also outclassing Drain Fafnir in same spin battles and performing comparably to Spriggan Requiem.

As such, Ark Bahamut is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 Ultra Transformation Set Ark Bahamut 2Bump Atomic (grey, purple, translucent green)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • In order to differentiate between Ark Bahamut and Beast Behemoth, Ark Bahamut uses a reversed “B”
In my opinion ark bahumut can Ben good but also can’t. It’s god ability makes it harder to burst but when I have done testing with it against left spin beys it usually burst but with the right it doesn’t. It’s good for using against stamina types but with attack it’s not to good
(Mar. 01, 2018  2:21 AM)Bersilus Wrote: It's just strong vs right spinners

I've had good results against Nightmare Longinus when Ark Bahamut was on Orbit
(Mar. 01, 2018  3:26 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2018  2:21 AM)Bersilus Wrote: It's just strong vs right spinners

I've had good results against Nightmare Longinus when Ark Bahamut was on Orbit
I tried it vs my L2, killed super fast... Uncertain
(Mar. 01, 2018  12:08 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Furthermore, due to how weak the teeth are, Ark Bahamut combinations are capable of re-tightening themselves against opposite spin opponents if paired with a Performance Tip with a weak spring lock. As such this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups.
This is really interesting. Is it better to use a heavier or lighter disk in this situation? And does this mean it's entirely possible for layers with weak teeth to also re-tighten themselves?
(Apr. 15, 2018  7:33 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2018  12:08 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Furthermore, due to how weak the teeth are, Ark Bahamut combinations are capable of re-tightening themselves against opposite spin opponents if paired with a Performance Tip with a weak spring lock. As such this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups.
This is really interesting. Is it better to use a heavier or lighter disk in this situation? And does this mean it's entirely possible for layers with weak teeth to also re-tighten themselves?

Better to use heavier Disks I believe. And only if another Layer with weak teeth is up against a Left Spin opponent and is on Bearing