Energy Layer - Ark Bahamut

It looks cool but the teeth limits its use in my opinion.
(Nov. 13, 2017  6:00 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Ark Bahamut is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017

==Description==
Ark Bahamut is a Defense Type Energy Layer named after Bahamut, the giant fish of Islamic mythology, however to represent the anime’s rendition of this Layer’s beast, a dragon head is molded underneath the God Chip. Ark Bahamut’s perimeter is made of six clockwise blades, akin to a reversed Alter Chronos. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Ark Bahamut features gimmicks; the Layer is left spin and features a movable sub-layer.

In theory the sub-layer of Ark Bahamut is meant to connect with the prongs of the Disk so that as the Ark Bahamut combination grows closer to Bursting, the sub-layer moves in order to fill in the gaps between the blades and reduce recoil. In practice however, the decrease in gap depth is too minuscule to impact performance in any significant manner.

The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which is meant to heavily reduces the rate of Bursts. Despite this however, the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut features teeth too weak for even the left spin to compensate for, making the Layer highly prone to Bursts. While Ark Bahamut can have some success when weak launched, such a tactic is easily countered if the opponent is weak launched as well.

==Overall==
Despite the low recoil shape, left spin nature and gimmick, Ark Bahamut's teeth are simply too weak for the Layer to be competitively viable and is outclassed in all aspects for Left Spin Defense by Drain Fafnir. As such, Ark Bahamut is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 Ultra Transformation Set Ark Bahamut 2Bump Atomic (grey, purple, translucent green)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • In order to differentiate between Ark Bahamut and Betromoth B2, Ark Bahamut uses a reversed “B”

So disappointing. At least its current release comes with amazing parts
It hasnt been trued with an a mould godchip yet maybe it could be useful with it.
(Nov. 27, 2017  6:46 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: It hasnt been trued with an a mould godchip yet maybe it could be useful with it.

I've tried it and it isn't.
I saw a video of it being hand spun and winning quite a few times
Well, this sucks. Hoping for this to be a useful layer, but darn TT, this is too much.

and the gimmick should have closed the gaps a lot more and quicker if this would have worked, along with far better teeth...
Anyone tried using Knuckle or any Burst Resistant parts on aB?
pretty sure aB will find use once a limited burst format is formed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHQtL5oRiHU

I know this isn't reason to make it competitive, and this is probably not the best source for info, but...idk.

Yes, I know aB is already classified as collection purposes, don't criticize me.
https://youtu.be/akXjz_ZX-eU

Arc Bahmut seems to be doing fine with a light launch(beside steal-spinning).
(Dec. 05, 2017  9:55 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: https://youtu.be/akXjz_ZX-eU

yes, but it can still be bursted extremely easy. And Drain Fafnir, L2, and Nightmare Longinus can do better jobs without the huge burst risk.
All I can say is it had 0 chance against my L2... Uncertain
Wanted this to be good so badly coz it looked so nice. I called it REBD lol
(Dec. 05, 2017  11:44 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2017  9:55 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: https://youtu.be/akXjz_ZX-eU

yes, but it can still be bursted extremely easy. And Drain Fafnir, L2, and Nightmare Longinus can do better jobs without the huge burst risk.

But if it was released as a Hasbro bey, it might make a difference.
possibly, or they solve burstability, but nerf the recoil, but idk what they'd do about it tbh...
(Dec. 06, 2017  1:24 AM)Dragunix Wrote: possibly, or they solve burstability, but nerf the recoil, but idk what they'd do about it tbh...

We already saw U2 and R2 teeth were horrible for TT, but Hasbro enhanced them with the slopes, making them a bit different.
Edit: corrected...
(Dec. 06, 2017  1:46 AM)Dragunix Wrote: but they still weren't usable enough to be competitive. I am probably wrong about that tho, since I mainly have knowledge on TT beys...
The reason  why the werent competitive  is becuz of their shape this wont be the case with aB it has a round shape  also hasbro u2 is showing good results  in mobile stamina  customizations
My bad...
Ok...so my stock aB is able to beat my lS 7M X without losing lots of clicks...along with sX 1M. Ds...weird combo ik...bursted them sometimes...and OSed a lot...

Yes, I know this isn't a good reason to consider it viable, but just wanted to point this out...ik dF is far better
seems like lately takara tomy has been slacking shelter regulus and bahamut I mean come on.....
(Jan. 02, 2018  11:19 PM)amidamaru Wrote: seems like lately takara tomy has been slacking shelter regulus and bahamut I mean come on.....

But Hasbro is going to fix that problem for sure
Okay, so moving this out of the approved section. This draft needs a revamp. BADLY

(Nov. 27, 2017  5:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Ark Bahamut is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017

==Description==
Ark Bahamut is a Defense Type Energy Layer named after Bahamut, the giant fish of Islamic mythology, however to represent the anime’s rendition of this Layer’s beast, a dragon head is molded underneath the God Chip. Ark Bahamut’s perimeter is made of six clockwise blades, akin to a reversed Alter Chronos. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Ark Bahamut features gimmicks; the Layer is left spin and features a movable sub-layer.

In theory the sub-layer of Ark Bahamut is meant to connect with the prongs of the Disk so that as the Ark Bahamut combination grows closer to Bursting, the sub-layer moves in order to fill in the gaps between the blades and reduce recoil. In practice however, the decrease in gap depth is too minuscule to impact performance in any significant manner.

The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which is meant to heavily reduces the rate of Bursts. As such, despite the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut having three teeth of very short length, this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups. Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create decent Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance.

==Use in Defense/Stamina Combinations==
Ark Bahamut can be put to use in the Defense/Stamina Combination (MGC) Ark Bahamut 0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing. The left-spin nature and shape of Ark Bahamut works with the heavy weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Disc to increase Knock-Out resistance while the same properties of the Layer works with the low friction of the Orbit/Destroy/Bearing Tip to increase Burst resistance. When using Orbit/Destroy specifically, the Combination can withstand attacks from other Left Spin Attack Type opponents when given a moderate launch.

==Overall==
Despite the weak teeth and ineffective gimmick, the shape, weight and left spin nature of Ark Bahamut makes it a top-tier Layer for Left Spin Defense, outclassing Drain Fafnir in same spin battles and comparable to Spriggan Requiem.

As such, Ark Bahamut is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 Ultra Transformation Set Ark Bahamut 2Bump Atomic (grey, purple, translucent green)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • In order to differentiate between Ark Bahamut and Beast Behemoth, Ark Bahamut uses a reversed “B”
(Feb. 23, 2018  7:10 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Okay, so moving this out of the approved section. This draft needs a revamp. BADLY

(Nov. 27, 2017  5:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Ark Bahamut is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017

==Description==

The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which is meant to heavily reduces the rate of Bursts. As such, despite the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut having three teeth of very short length, this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups. Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create decent Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance.

==Use in Defense/Stamina Combinations==
Ark Bahamut can be put to use in the Defense/Stamina Combination (MGC) Ark Bahamut 0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Orbit/Destroy/Bearing. The left-spin nature and shape of Ark Bahamut works with the heavy weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Disc to increase Knock-Out resistance while the same properties of the Layer works with the low friction of the Orbit/Destroy/Bearing Tip to increase Burst resistance. When using Orbit/Destroy specifically, the Combination can withstand attacks from other Left Spin Attack Type opponents when given a moderate launch.

==Overall==
Despite the weak teeth and ineffective gimmick, the shape, weight and left spin nature of Ark Bahamut makes it a top-tier Layer for Left Spin Defense, outclassing Drain Fafnir in same spin battles and comparable to Spriggan Requiem.

As such, Ark Bahamut is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • In order to differentiate between Ark Bahamut and Beast Behemoth, Ark Bahamut uses a reversed “B”
again, sorry about my misunderstanding...
(Nov. 20, 2017  3:50 AM)amidamaru Wrote: dumb question has anyone done any testing because I really want this layer.

I've got the Layer and here are my results:
 Arc Bahamut is a very strong defense type which can also be used as Stock combo. It's features are very interesting and fascinating and if you ask me it can be used as a perfect Training challenge for improving your skills with attack Types. So my answer is yes, you should buy it, it's a good choice and you won't regret it
(Feb. 24, 2018  2:03 PM)DraconicArt Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2017  3:50 AM)amidamaru Wrote: dumb question has anyone done any testing because I really want this layer.

I've got the Layer and here are my results:
 Arc Bahamut is a very strong defense type which can also be used as Stock combo. It's features are very interesting and fascinating and if you ask me it can be used as a perfect Training challenge for improving your skills with attack Types. So my answer is yes, you should buy it, it's a good choice and you won't regret it

I got mine 2 days ago and I can confirm with this. aB is pretty strong as defence type.