East Coast Royale [Silver Spring, MD] {8/20/2016}

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

How's it going East coast bladers? Have you ever really wanted to see how you stack up against people from all the way up North in New York or Connecticut, from the middle in Maryland and Virginia or down South in North Carolina and Florida? Has the driving distance and lack of additional motivation been a constricting factor? Would it be worth it if you could walk away knowing you have the skills to pay the bills to compete all along the coast with some sweet bling and awesome prizes to show for it? And if you could walk away with something just for participating?

Sounds like you should be making a journey to our East Coast Royale, conveniently located in the middle of the coast for everyone in Maryland and just outside of the capital (#convinceyourparentstotakeaDCtrip)!

When:

8/20/2016

Where:

MLK Park (The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts))

Schedule:

10:30-11:00: Registration and Freeplay

11:00-11:15: Rules

11:15-1:00: Burst Tournament Swiss Format

1:15-2:45: Burst Tournament Finals

2:45-4:00: HMS Tournament Swiss Format

4:00-4:30: HMS Tournament Finals

4:30-5:30: Team Limited Double Elimination Tournament

5:45-6:00: Awards Ceremony and Presentation

Fees:

$5 to participate per official WBO tournament or
$15 for a blader passport that covers the cost of all your tournaments for the year

DO NOT COME WITHOUT MONEY! While we all love the WBO none of us have the free cash to cover the cost for everyone to play! Also, I will have a substantial amount of Bakuten Shoot, Burst and MFB blades and gear available for purchase! So if you want to get competitive in Burst or refresh your arsenal in either of the previous two generations (including rare plastics/HMS, Takara Orange F230, etc.) bring some money!

If you would like to contribute to the prize pool to make the event more awesome for everyone/start a raffle pool I'll probably make it worth your while!

BONUS PRIZES:
FROM GINGA FOR 20+ PARTICIPANTS: Cyber and Dark Dragoon
FROM DARK_MOUSY FOR 20+ PARTICIPANTS: FAYETTEVILLE COMICON WEEKEND PASS WITH BEYBLADE BATTLE CRY!

Determining Overall Winners:

1st Place in Burst/HMS: 8 Points
2nd Place in Burst/HMS: 6 Points
3rd Place in Burst/HMS: 4 Points
4th Place in Burst/HMS: 2 Points
1st in Team Limited: 5 Points
2nd in Team Limited: 3 Point
3rd in Team Limited: 1 Point
Best Beyniac Costume: 1 Point
Best Darth Beyder Costumer: 1 Point
Best Sportsmanship throughout the Day: 1 Point
Best East Coast Championship Decoration: 1 Point
Furthest Distance Traveled to be there: 1 Point

*Each blader is only eligible for one of the non-placing related points

Participation Prize:

People who came to the tournament: "A Timely Farewell"
are sure to remember these:
[Image: mbbbox_zpsrpdnnvem.jpg]

This tournament will be featuring its sequel!!!
[Image: ecc%20box_zpsbdwbsnqs.png]

*Please note: If you do not confirm your attendance at least 2 days before the event I am unable to guarantee one of these will be available for you.

Even if you don't live on the East Coast you are highly highly encouraged to come!

Let's go ahead and get everyone who's committed to coming to go ahead and post here themselves to help build hype for the event!

SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
The owner of the social media post with the most likes (Instagram), favorites (Twitter), or Reactions (Facebook) by the day of the event with the hashtag #beybladeecr and a link to this thread (say link in bio for Instragram!) by the day of the tournament will walk away with a free Draciel MS, MFB Random Booster Volume 9, and Burst Random Booster 1! In the case that you are unable to attend they will be shipped to you (without packaging domestically, you will need to pay if international)!

Participants List (Bold if confirmed)
Time
*Ginga*
Yami
TheGrimRipper13
TheBeyNinja
Wombat
Tech
NightWing247
Sniper
Beyblade Strong

Ragerblade
TheGreatBaba
Ragerblade's brother
Larvatar23
Dark_Mousy
Thunder Dome
Stormscorpio1
geetster99
OnTheDL
Shirayuki
PidgeotWiz
beymsaster15963
DXC (Dominic)

Here's a tag to everyone I hope will consider coming:
@[Tech] @[Yami] @[Sniper] @[BillyBlast] @[Hov] @[*Ginga*] @[LikeABoss921] @[Fist] @[lawesomeness] @[OnTheDL] @[Coolblader#1] @[Super%Sayian] @[Greninja Master] @[Itachi] @[geetster99] @[Shirayuki] @[Yamislayer] @[beymaster15963] @[DrPepsidew] @[Pruebame] @[Kaboom!!!] @[Angry Face] @[Havoc] @[Cool Blader] @[dylanslegos] @[kilgore] @[Dark_Mousy] @[[)ragon] @[Thunder Dome] @[Wombat] @[Axel Phantom] @[FLASH SGTO] @[razorrider7] @[BladerLight] @[G-SHOCK] @[Eipman] @[Fisto227] @[FangLeone130WB] @[BladerXYZ] @[TrollingBlader] @[TheGrimRipper13] @[Arupaeo] @[ZachBob] @[RagerBlade] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Leone 7] @[UltimateOrion] @[Ethan H] @[BeyCrafter] @[Larvatar23] @[~Eclipse~] @[Magic] @[RioluOmega] @[Team Meteor] @[Spin-Sonic] @[Joshil] @[Kai16] @[Jimmyjazz39] @[SnakeFang] @[PidgeotWiz] @[Beyblade Strong] @[Bumblebee159] @[reeceroosters] @[BeyBeard] @[Leone19] @[Leone 7] @[Cye Kinomiya] @[Joshil100] @[Morkad] @[The Supreme One] @[Raiyanblader] @[BladerLight] @[DJ_Wyvern] @[Titan Tite] @[Naijalak] @[KnightPro] @[Stamina.] @[Ironeye7] @[EthanQ42] @[beymomdelaware]

#hypehypehype

For scenes from previous tournaments check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQrITR...Xrk8o_f1MA

And if there's anything from my selling thread/ebay store you'd like to reserve for pickup at the tournament check out what I've got!
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Super-R...s-for-Sale

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

@[RagerBlade] That's not correct. Those apps still require real people to like your posts, thereby giving exposure to your post. I in fact not only condone this, but encourage it.

@[icLeodPegasus] Is your previous post meant to mean that you are confirmed?
im coming for sure
(Aug. 07, 2016  9:53 PM)Time Wrote: @[Jimmyjazz39] Your post is set to private so I am unable to view its likes count.

Ok I'll make it public
Update: Based on a committee ruling, we are only being allowed to do two tournaments, since we are definitely doing Burst, would people prefer a full Limited or HMS tournament? The OP will be updated shortly.
limited ma boi
i will be comeing for sure ok see you ther bey

and hope to see you all ther
I'm not sure if I'm gonna be to make it any more alot of family carp
(Aug. 08, 2016  11:57 PM)Time Wrote: Update: Based on a committee ruling, we are only being allowed to do two tournaments, since we are definitely doing Burst, would people prefer a full Limited or HMS tournament? The OP will be updated shortly.

Hey! Just to be clear, it's been our policy since our July update that two formats a day is the limit for all organizers, period. This was made clear to Time when the event was proposed, but due to a misunderstanding this thread went up without the formats being adjusted.

This was not a "committee ruling"; we're simply enforcing our clearly-stated policy. Thanks for your understanding. Smile
Okay something like this gets me super pumped! I will definitely try to make it out next weekend and meet up with some new faces and old faces I met back in June. Hoping this is gonna be huge. Smile
cant wait at all

just 10 more days

cant wait at all
Hey guys hey guys hey guys, guess what guess what guess what, look what came in the mail yesterday

[Image: CCEFADA0-FF56-498C-9B2E-7B1BD4B6AF99_zpsa6urnlfm.jpg][Image: DCBC4213-D952-4F3C-B2AA-0775E2391E03_zps7svtoqsf.jpg]

(This is just a small taste of all the medals and trophies)

How hype are these? #hypehypehype

Also, after further consideration and taking into account the medals already purchased, we will go ahead and continue with the original 3 formats as stated in the OP. HMS just will not be WBO official. Who needs extra faces or credits anyways? #allabouttheprizes With that said, Dark Effigy will be removed from the prize pool and replaced with something a little more common. Not being WBO official will give us the flexibility to do some really cool things with this including mixing in Plastics battles, 3 stage round robins and 2 on 2 battles that go as 2 wins or 2 losses for both players and other awesome things like that. Even more hyped than before! #beybladeon
#3.5generationshappening

tldr: Bring beys for burst, limited, HMS, Plastics and check out the sweet bling
now this made me more hype cant wait to come now # 9 days
PUT ME IN AS POSSIBLE
Well, I can now confirm that I won't be able to go to this event, or any event in the DMV area anytime soon as I will be going to school in South Carolina. I hope that this event gets a bunch of people and that everybody that attends has a blast. (EDITTongue_outoor word choice.)
time i will be coming for sure
Hey you can confirm me for the event
Ouch.. I'd really like to come but 5hrs is a bit too far for me
Hey time. Does my post count if I have the most likes. I just want to make sure
Awesome hype video about to slide into your eyeballs:

Don't forget about our social media contest guys! Jimmyjazz is the only one who has posted (yes yours counts)
You can put me down as confirmed! I will see you guys this weekend!
(Aug. 16, 2016  7:32 AM)Time Wrote: Don't forget about our social media contest guys! Jimmyjazz is the only one who has posted (yes yours counts)

Actually ragerblade posted too
I won't be be able to attend. It is my birthday on the day afternoon this tourney but my parents aren't budging. Sorry about that. Really wanted to come. At least I turn 16 so I can drive to future events lol.

Not participating in the social media contest jimmy Jazz. Idk who the guy is.
Ok then???
the slide is so cool cant wait to see you guys