Duo Uranus Discussion

Kai-V stated that if a stamina test is heavily one-sided (which it was), there really is little reason to do more than 10. FWIW, I've tried using aquario, different WD's, none of it made a difference.

That said, I will do another 10 rounds once my laptop battery recharges.
10 more rounds added, they exactly matched the numbers of the previous 10 rounds. :\

For reference, my Duo is lighter than my Phantom, according to my kitchen scales.

OHAI: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Weight-i...n-testings

I either have a bad duo, or, hopefully, a great Phantom!

Anyways, as for other battles I've only managed 10 rounds in, I have a lot of combos to test, and I really can't sit here doing another 10 hopeless rounds. I'll try to get back to them when I have time, but it's really a no-contest (and, these results can be cross-checked with others, if there's a large discrepancy I'll try to do the extra 10 rounds). I know, I advocate large sample sizes as much as anyone, but there are so few people actually testing things at the moment, that I want to try to get to everything in my rather limited schedule, and if it means cutting 10 arguably unnecessary rounds, that's a cut that has to be made.
I guess I will be buying the Ultimate DX Set at some point, then... shame they couldn't just release it solo, but oh well.

We need to see more tests from Attack Mode, to see if it does anything worth a lump.
Eugh, I still have a bunch of other stuff to test. But I doubt it's going to be that great. Speechless

I'd like to see someone who is capable with Variares try it against MF-H Duo (S) Aquario BD145RDF, just to see, maybe in left spin?

I nominate Arupæo.
The attack mode doesn't work with attack parts like R2F I tried it and all it did was jump around in the sliding shoot motion and just acted like there was an earthquake so it proves that it doesn't work good with attack type parts but on the other hand it is a really good CS user with stamina mode the chances of it going wild is shortened and and won't use up a lot of stamina and with attack mode it uses a lot of attack power and is aggressive most of the time and by the end it stops in the center most of it's stamina would have been wasted but on the other hand unlike it losing a lot of stamina by jumping up and down the bey would glide smoothly through out the whole battle
(Dec. 08, 2011  11:18 AM)Bey Ninja 14x Wrote: The attack mode doesn't work with attack parts like R2F I tried it and all it did was jump around in the sliding shoot motion and just acted like there was an earthquake so it proves that it doesn't work good with attack type parts but on the other hand it is a really good CS user with stamina mode the chances of it going wild is shortened and and won't use up a lot of stamina and with attack mode it uses a lot of attack power and is aggressive most of the time and by the end it stops in the center most of it's stamina would have been wasted but on the other hand unlike it losing a lot of stamina by jumping up and down the bey would glide smoothly through out the whole battle

hmm... M145Q testing?
No just a normal 85R2F testing
I think Tyler Le was asking for M145Q testing. However, M145 moves it off balance perpendicular to the off-balance effect of attack mode, so it doesn't directly increase it. I need to play around with it some more, but I really, really doubt Attack Mode is going to be good for any kind of attack, in any setup.
Give me Duo and I'll see what it takes to crack it. I have this HUGE Urge to use MF Hell Libra 100 R2F on this, Try it Th!nk, maybe it'll work
I agree with Th!nk it wil just add to the jump and will waste stamina even more
Ahh, Sorry I heard my name so I had to anwser. Yes M145 Can be a bit tricky but it can be balanced, but you have to know what needs to be set. For instance MF-L Phantom Ketos M145 EDS has the most stamina for a M145 combo lasting at least 2 mins depending on how fresh your EDS is but also it has a decent amount of smash when it gets off-balance(Note: Dont try this if your EDS is worn) Im anxiously waiting to get the Ult.DX set just for the sole purpose of this testing(plus the other parts XD) but balancing M145 is hard and half of the time the off-balance is a good thing especially with basalt
Other wise, i think Q bottom will help with the balance.
just [lace the right way may help
I wasn't suggesting testing A mode for actual attack purposes, actually. I want to see if it can do anything neat for Stamina or possibly Defense - maybe bring back ye olde wobbler.
(Dec. 08, 2011  11:25 PM)Tyler Le Wrote: Other wise, i think Q bottom will help with the balance.
As much as I love M145Q, Q has never been a good tip
(Dec. 08, 2011  11:52 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2011  11:25 PM)Tyler Le Wrote: Other wise, i think Q bottom will help with the balance.
As much as I love M145Q, Q has never been a good tip
And guess what: M145 is a horrible track too! Stop spamming it everywhere, I've tried all the combo's you and others have mentioned with it, and they could be improved by replacing M145 with basically any 145-height track, or using more suitable heights. That sort of chance-based gimmickry has no place in serious competitive play, and you and everyone else who has advocated it of late should stop making it out to be something it quite simply isn't.

Hazel: Yeah, the wobbler idea is possible (basalt has proved that multiple times), but I don't think it has the weight it needs to pull it off, amongst other things. I'll give it a look-see when I get time.

(Dec. 08, 2011  6:35 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Give me Duo and I'll see what it takes to crack it. I have this HUGE Urge to use MF Hell Libra 100 R2F on this, Try it Th!nk, maybe it'll work

Duo is basically the best defense wheel out, that Hell combo struggles against basalt in my testing. Will test it after dinner, but the practice rounds were laughable.
(Dec. 08, 2011  9:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: Eugh, I still have a bunch of other stuff to test. But I doubt it's going to be that great. Speechless

I'd like to see someone who is capable with Variares try it against MF-H Duo (S) Aquario BD145RDF, just to see, maybe in left spin?
I'll do this test next week when my BB-32 gets here (Monday or Tuesday). I don't have R145 though sadly, so I'll only be able to do BD145 and CH120 testing. I bet somebody else will do the testing before me though Dx
CH120 is fine. If you mean BD145 on Variares, don't. It's like wrapping your variares in a ball of wool, and that's the last thing it needs.

Here's the testing against MF Hell Libra 100R2F, as requested, MF Duo Aquario AD145WD vs MF Death Aquario AD145WD coming up soon, and if no one replies, it'll be added straight to this post, so check back in an hour, and it'll be up, unless I forgot about something cool being on TV tonight Tongue_out

Duo Aquario BD145CS vs MF Hell Libra 100R2F
Duo launched First R1

CS is quite calm here, I disliked it’s movement: It did little at the start, and then when hit hard didn’t return to the centre, instead circling, which is something I seriously dislike, as later in the battle that opens you up to easier KO’s. R2F is the same one I use on Blitz, it’s getting on a bit but that doesn’t stop Blitz killing things, and it’s still very, very quick. Basically, Hell has everything going for it here.

Duo: 20/20 (100%) (19OS, 1KO)
Hell: 0/20 (0%)

Notes: All credit to the hell combo, it got close with KO’s a lot of times, but then, a loss is a loss. It’s kinda a weaker version of Blitz. It has less recoil and as a result, it has better stamina, but it doesn’t have as much power.

Duo is still too powerful though, barely any recoil makes it very hard to KO.

One advantage hell has: against MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF, which has a bit less stamina than CS, it has a small chance to OS Duo, if you manage to hit it properly early in the battle. That said, MF-F Phantom (Attack) Cancer AD145RF does this a billion times better, and is more reliable in general.
Good results.Maybe I shouldn't be too ashamed of getting the set.What CS is it from?RBV6?
Where it came from is irrelevant, tbh, seeing as I described the behaviour, but it was a Ray Unicorno Booster one.

Also, don't be ashamed of getting the set, in my opinion Duo is the best Defense wheel out at the moment (considering I do quite well against basalt with MF-H Blitz Unicorno 90R2F, and Duo does significantly better than Death against the same). And, if your opponents don't have a "heavy" phantom (which I seem to have, will know for sure once my new scales arrive), you can work magic with it for stamina, too.
I will be waiting Death tests as well.Can I request MF-H Duo Aquario TH170CS?That is,if you have the parts.
I have most parts, and every truly competitively useful part (RB is the only thing that could be viable that I don't have, but it seems like a silly part anyways). I will try to test it if I have time, against whatever blitz combo seems fairest. I really like Duo on BD145 though, as, like Death, it leaves practically no gap.

Anyway, Duo versus Death.

MF Duo Aquario AD145WD (S mode) vs MF Death Aquario AD145WD (Def Mode)

WD’s have only been used against each other in testing, and are near mint (I’m outta mint ones somehow, but these should be equally worn), MW’s swapped every 5 rounds (basically, all parts are taken from one bey and put on another, to eliminate or highlight any variables in that respect). MF’s to reduce KO’s, as the point of this test is to determine their stamina comparatively.

Alternating launches, Duo launched First R1

Duo: 17/20 = 85%
Death: 3/20 = 15%

All battles ended by OS.

Worth checking out the detailed results here. No idea what happened from round 6 onwards, I was concerned something was wrong with one of my WD’s or something, but even after the change back after round 10, Duo kept on winning. In previous unrecorded rounds I’ve done (admittedly, not large in number), it seemed depended on who launched first, so I am a little confused, but I can honestly not find anything wrong with my method or my parts, so I stand by these tests.

I do realise now my 5-round swapping thing may lead to slightly uneven wear of WD’s, as one is launched 3 times every block of 5, and the other 2. Even if it’s a slight increase in time, it’s still an imperfect factor. Bother. That said, I sincerely doubt that really altered my results at all.

Death has the ability to “grind”, so it is useful in some matchups (for example, it works better against my phantom (given the variations in weights of MFB, your mileage may vary), but Duo’s extremely low recoil is very useful too.
Hm, those are great results. Smile
Two low-recoil wheels, one of which 'grinds' into the other, devastating the opponent's stamina.
If one was to read only this, they would be inclined to believe that the wheel which 'grinds' off stamina from the opponent is better.
Death is not highly accomplished for Stamina purposes as far as I read about it...
So, it was bettered out by Duo, IMO.
This is yet another match-up which satisfies the theory- Stamina > Defense.
Considering Death was used upon a WD, it ended up searching for its Defense abilities, which were being checked by WD. Then again, a CS on that wouldn't change the results, IMO...
I doubt CS would make a huge difference. I'd do a BD145CS vs BD145CS matchup, but CS is too variable a part for me to trust a test like that.

And despite being low recoil, when I first tried them after getting both, they KO'd each other pretty often, so I used Metal Faces for this test. Maybe that original KOing was me launching oddly or something, IDK, but yeah.
Hmm,still nice results.I shouldn't regret buying the set.Can you test Duo vs Basalt AD145WD?I'd like to see the results.
I'll see if I can get it done before someone goes to bed.