Duo Uranus Discussion

Not significantly more than other balanced beys, as long as it is in stamina mode.

Basalt is still a good defense part and certainly competitively viable, but Duo is better.

Any tests are helpful as long as they're sensible Smile
Of course I am.Even if the results aren't,I have video proof.I'm thinking of using Duo as a LTSC,but it's just a try.Something along the lines of Duo Aquario 85WD.
May work, but it hangs pretty low, and then you're going to be even more vulnerable to the 230/TH170 combo's running around everywhere, maybe even B: D.
It may work well in my meta game,where Basalts are around.I was thinking 85 could stop Basalt's grinding if used in the right way.I'll start excessive testing right after I get it.
Duo doesn't care about Basalt's grind unless it is below it, so TH170CS (@220 height) would be your best bet (seems to be effective against basalt 230cs/d, and both on 230 works fine so it should be set.) TH170 gives you extra versatility etc, I need to try the three heights against attackers, but I have so much testing slated right now, and a lot of launching practice, and my own life requiring me to do stuff.

Okay, so I tried duo in attack mode!

IT IS INSANE! I GOT EWD AND AS TO TORNADO STALL WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!
(Duo Gil 230EWD/AS, very, very aggressive launch).
Watching 230 AS jump while tilted at a 45 degree angle is hilarious.

I also used Duo Gil M145Q. It jumped over MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, and then out of the stadium. It sucked but man that thing goes!

The attack mode hops like M145, on 230 and a stamina tip. It's not competitively useful but an amazing, competitive wheel with a silly, fun gimmick?
Oh man I love this wheel.

That said, the gimmmick, like M145, is not really competitively viable. I gave it a quick run as a wobbler, as best I could, but honestly, being unstable is BAD for tall combos.

Great fun to watch though.
????????
I really want you to supply a video for this.
I need to see this frog jump champion in action! Tongue_out
Hm. Duo is seriously amazing! Even just by listening to its tales, I am awestruck!
Duo is bullying Attackers.
It is devastating Basalt.
It is best for stamina, so Duo is the winner even before the race starts... :\
Man! Just how good can this be!
I ma' sound like a maniac repeating the same things over and over, but I can certainly say that I will simply stare at this thing when it spins!
Admittedly, I haven't even faced a Basalt yet in a tourney situation. The wrath of Basalt is so over me, that this simply sends chills down my spine. I will faint if I see this at a tourney.
@th!nk- I know this may sound like the most weird request, but may you PLEASE try DS?
I love it, and I find it superior to WD.
You said that Basalt can't outspin Duo. Its only chance is to be able to KO it. This thing would cut out even that! Grin
I know I may be overrating it, but DS overwhelms me! So, if you find any ground in this theory, may you try it?
DS is highly unpredictable. You may get an EXTREMELY high win rate, or even the worst results to date. Smile
I actually find DS easier to KO than WD Confused
I will try it when I get time, but I've still got other testing to do.

And yeah, it's pretty mad powerful, but every combination is beatable by some common combo. That said, it is a pretty difficult wheel to counter, especially without a heavy phantom or something.

Of course, it's entirely possible I need to improve more with attackers and it's not a flat 0% winrate for attack, but, it is still significantly better than Basalt and Death.
No DUH, Wait, forgot to ask for this on BD145 RDF, how is it in both modes?
ehhm, duo is not perfectly round, I only want to say that beat can get into this little gab by the right high and would kill it I think
It is better than Basalt,which even is hard for Beat to KO.
basalt is to different it has much more rercoil and 5-6 gramm more, and has not this gaps, I think this gaps are the only chance to beat duo with an attack blade and I think that was the idea from the guy which has won the match against duo with a attack blade
can anyone test it with Galaxy MW...Galaxy has the capabilities to KO Basalt..so who knows?? Chocked_2
haha
(Dec. 10, 2011  5:44 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: basalt is to different it has much more rercoil and 5-6 gramm more, and has not this gaps, I think this gaps are the only chance to beat duo with an attack blade and I think that was the idea from the guy which has won the match against duo with a attack blade

Duo Gaps are too small for Beat.Oh no,Basalt has lesser recoil than Duo.
that could be a really nice thing but I think galaxy is to light, test it with phantom or hell kerbecs Bd145
Hell Kerbecs BD145 can't beat this.I'm 100% sure.Phantom can only beat this if it is heavy like th!nk's
(Dec. 10, 2011  5:20 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: No DUH, Wait, forgot to ask for this on BD145 RDF, how is it in both modes?

I haven't tried it in attack mode, and won't do it on RDF, just in case it damages it. In defense mode it's good, but as I said in the RDF thread, it opens you up to higher-stamina attackers.

(Dec. 10, 2011  5:36 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: ehhm, duo is not perfectly round, I only want to say that beat can get into this little gab by the right high and would kill it I think
Do you actually have both wheels? Not saying it wouldn't, and I will try it at some point, but really, those gaps are tiny.

(Dec. 10, 2011  5:46 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: can anyone test it with Galaxy MW...Galaxy has the capabilities to KO Basalt..so who knows?? Chocked_2
haha

Anything can KO Basalt if it has a bad enough movement pattern and you launch the attacker well enough. Galaxy will not reliably KO basalt, and won't even scratch this.

I know that the gaps are tiny but the smash ponits of beat are thin and relativ tiny too, and test please ldd and lld
Re: LLD and LDD: Why? Seriously, if you want me to test stuff you actually have to justify it. They're outclassed attack wheels, it would be pointless.

Furthermore, I asked if you had either wheel, not about the smash points of beat.
beat I have, duo I will get but my friend has 2 and no one wheel is outclassed, think that they have thin smashpoints too
test it and we can see
LDD has no thin smash points, Most of LLD's smash comes from it's top side, and it's too light to be effectively used any more.

And plenty of wheels are outclassed, I certainly hope that was just your poor English and not what you actually think.
LLD and LDD is outclassed.Face it.The gaps are too small.Maybe even BD145 can't fit.
ahh ^^ jo sorry, but test beat
Anyways, I will try beat when I get time, but the gaps are really small, it might get some lucky hits, but it's not going to be a reliable tactic.
yeah but it gives every !!!! time a counter and I want to find it
Learn proper English.I too,will test it once I got my Duo.