Duo Uranus Discussion

(Feb. 03, 2012  1:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I haven't forgotten, and I think I have the right plan to build it. Given that the construction will be destructive it's a good thing I have lots of plain face bolts that I don't use and won't mind destroying... Eee

Try working in a Rube Goldberg contraption.

They make all endeavors to test some manner of thing considerably more entertaining. Usually less fruitful, but still.
(Feb. 06, 2012  12:59 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2012  1:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I haven't forgotten, and I think I have the right plan to build it. Given that the construction will be destructive it's a good thing I have lots of plain face bolts that I don't use and won't mind destroying... Eee

They make all endeavors to test some manner of thing considerably more entertaining. Usually less fruitful, but still.

Make sure it's also at least 5m x 5m x 5m, involving parrots too. We can't accept anything less. Smile

Anyway, any specific method you have in mind? seriously...?
I looked and did not see this being brought up, but I probably missed it somewhere.
Anybody having trouble with Duo sticking to the launcher in Attack mode? Stamina mode it's great but Attack mode I was having a terrible time just getting it to launch... but I put a MF and AD145CS on it and it would take out anything in stamina, well except Phantom was a toss up. Just wish I could get it to launch in attack mode.
My friend told me duo attack mode stinks, it just messes up the whole bey, is this true?
it is only true when you dont use it on a WD or Bearing Drive

this makes it move similar to how Basalt Horogium 145WD did but Duo is better at it than Basalt is
That's still not a good thing, though. Duo is almost always better off in Stamina Mode, regardless of whether you're using it for Defense or Stamina, or even a hybrid of the two.
(Feb. 07, 2012  6:21 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2012  12:59 PM)Hazel Wrote:

Make sure it's also at least 5m x 5m x 5m, involving parrots too. We can't accept anything less. Smile

Anyway, any specific method you have in mind? seriously...?

I would use a parrot, but chickens are the tradional egg laying at dawn, roll down the ramp to kick the whole thing off animal. So I'll use a chicken instead.

The specific method I have in mind is to bore a small guide hole directly through the center of rotation of a facebolt, then thread in a small eye-bolt. I should be able to suspend a bey by a string (etc.) using this facebolt to check for balance issues with different combinations.

I'm not sure how large an angle an unbalanced bey would make, or if it would even be measurable, but it's worth checking out I think.
Whoa! That would certainly be epic! Grin
Its a nice idea, probably something that might help determine the balance of a bey.
But I wonder how that would help determine the synergy between a specific Metal Wheel and Clear Wheel, should the difference between the balance of the two CWs (which are to be compared) is negligible for the most (which is most likely possible)... :\
What is the most successful Duo stamina combo?
Reading the previous pages of this thread and/or checking the Competitive MFB Combos thread will answer your question.
does duo do very good for stamina and defence on high tracks?
(May. 15, 2012  5:49 PM)ampharos115 Wrote: does duo do very good for stamina and defence on high tracks?
(Mar. 31, 2012  1:57 AM)Primal Wrote: Reading the previous pages of this thread and/or checking the Competitive MFB Combos thread will answer your question.