Driver/Performance Tip - Xtend Plus

Quote:==Description==
Xtend Plus is an add-on to the Xtend Performance Tip. Unlike its predecessor, Xtend Plus does not feature a manual height change gimmick but instead features an adjustable tip at a standard height with three settings; Attack, Defense and Stamina, akin to X Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.

The Attack Setting features a wide, hollow flat tip, wider than Assault and akin to Zephyr. Due to the surface area of this setting, Xtend Plus will create a highly aggressive movement pattern with high speeds greater than Assault. However, the wide diameter of the tip makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern and creates relatively low stamina, making the setting ill-suited for both traditional Attack and Tornado Stalling combinations.

The Defense Setting features a low angle, stepped cone tip, akin to X Drive's Stern Semi Defense. Due to the stepped cone, when an Xtend Plus combination is struck and reaches higher on the Stadium's slope, the flat edge of the tip will create a second point of contact, briefly increasing friction and aggression to both slow down the combination and counter attack. However, due to the edge of the tip being made of plastic rather than rubber like in Unite and smooth rather than tabbed like in Defense, the effect of the second point of contact is minimal, creating poor Knock-Out resistance.

The Stamina Setting features a low angle cone tip, akin to Trans' Stamina Setting. Due to the low friction, Xtend Plus creates acceptable stamina. However, it lags behind Tips such as Revolve and Eternal to due to the lack of a free-spinning component. Furthermore, Xtend Plus' also lags behind even Survive as the narrow tip creates poorer balance and increases the risk of scrapes against the Stadium floor.

==Overall==
While Xtend Plus is theoretically a very versatile Tip with three different mode settings, in practice the alterations made to the tips of the Attack, Defense and Stamina Settings makes them lag behind their closest equivalents. Furthermore, all three Settings are heavily outclassed in today's metagame.

As such, Xtend Plus is outclassed by Trans and therefor recommended for collection purposes only.
How did you get all this info on the driver? I thought it was not even revealed yet
(Aug. 19, 2018  2:06 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: How did you get all this info on the driver? I thought it was not even revealed yet

It’s based on Metal Fight’s X Drive and we know what the sharp tip looks like already since so many people have already opened it up

Wait no, I remembered the sharp tip wrong, it's like Trans' sharp tip, give me a few to fix that in the draft
Find it funny that it hasn't even been released yet and it's already outclassed by Trans. But it will be, no doubt in that.
A quick question, what are the possiblities that it would be better than Zeta though? I know, Zeta isn't that good too but still.
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:02 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Find it funny that it hasn't even been released yet and it's already outclassed by Trans. But it will be, no doubt in that.
A quick question, what are the possiblities that it would be better than Zeta though? I know, Zeta isn't that good too but still.

The only decent tip on Zeta is Fusion (arguably Massive as well), while all three tips of Xtend Plus seem to be poor edits of others (Attack is probably too wide to maintain a pattern, Defense is a poorer Unite and Stamina is Trans' Stamina tip which isn't the best), so it seems like Zeta outclasses it as well
(Aug. 19, 2018  12:38 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Xtend Plus is an add-on to the Xtend Performance Tip. Unlike its predecessor, Xtend Plus does not feature a manual height change gimmick but instead features an adjustable tip at a standard height with three settings; Attack, Defense and Stamina, akin to X Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.

The Attack Setting features a wide, hollow flat tip, wider than Assault and akin to Zephyr at a taller height than most standard Performance Tips. Due to the surface area of this setting, Xtend Plus will create a highly aggressive movement pattern with speeds greater than Assault. However, the wide diameter of the tip makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern and creates relatively low stamina, making the setting ill-suited for both traditional Attack and Tornado Stalling combinations. Furthermore, most Attack Type combinations benefit from a shorter height as the taller height can destabilize the Xtend Plus combination.

The Defense Setting features a low angle, stepped cone tip, akin to X Drive's Stern Semi Defense at the standard height of most Performance Tips. Due to the stepped cone, when an Xtend Plus combination is struck and reaches higher on the Stadium's slope, the flat edge of the tip will create a second point of contact, briefly increasing friction and aggression to both slow down the combination and counter attack. However, due to the edge of the tip being made of plastic rather than rubber like in Unite and smooth rather than tabbed like in Defense, the effect of the second point of contact is minimal, creating poor Knock-Out resistance.

The Stamina Setting features a low angle cone tip, akin to Trans' Stamina Setting at a lower height than most Performance Tips. Due to the low friction, Xtend Plus creates acceptable stamina. However, it lags behind Tips such as Revolve and Eternal to due to the lack of a free-spinning component. The shorter height of the Stamina Setting would grant the combination resistance against destabilization, however the effect is mitigated by the narrow diameter of the tip and the bulky size of Xtend Plus.

==Overall==
While Xtend Plus is theoretically a very versatile Tip with three different mode settings, in practice the alterations made to the tips of the Attack, Defense and Stamina Settings makes them lag behind their closest equivalents. Furthermore, all three Settings are heavily outclassed in today's metagame.

As such, Xtend Plus is outclassed and therefore recommended for collection purposes only.

I would consider Xtend Plus to be in between Zeta and Trans. Better than Zeta due to the more conventional Attack and Stamina Tips and weaker than Trans due to the inability to maintain a banking pattern and the comparable Stamina setting
https://youtu.be/P3lAKC3FtYA
(Sep. 25, 2018  8:21 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: https://youtu.be/P3lAKC3FtYA
Xtend Plus performs pretty well
(Sep. 25, 2018  10:09 PM)Tommykats Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2018  8:21 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: https://youtu.be/P3lAKC3FtYA
Xtend Plus performs pretty well
Its got some nice prescession too,  works well on wV too, a Japanese  blader told me rP outer/0 P Xtplus is very op and is dominating  tournaments
(Sep. 26, 2018  12:27 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2018  10:09 PM)Tommykats Wrote: Xtend Plus performs pretty well
Its got some nice prescession too,  works well on wV too, a Japanese  blader told me rP outer/0 P Xtplus is very op and is dominating  tournaments

That’s awesome finally some variety
(Sep. 26, 2018  12:27 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2018  10:09 PM)Tommykats Wrote: Xtend Plus performs pretty well

I'm guessing that that's mostly due to the outer disc. I can almost bet that Gyro would work better on this combo than Xtend Plus
(Sep. 27, 2018  12:27 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2018  12:27 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Its got some nice prescession too,  works well on wV too, a Japanese  blader told me rP outer/0 P Xtplus is very op and is dominating  tournaments

I'm guessing that that's mostly due to the outer disc. I can almost bet that Gyro would work better on this combo than Xtend Plus
Gyro wont work it doesn't  has enough aggression which wV/rP_Xt+ has to deal with aH_Et and Gyro also doesn't  have good procession to beat opposite spin stuff.
(Sep. 24, 2018  2:24 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

The Attack Setting features a wide, hollow flat tip, wider than Assault and akin to Zephyr at a slightly shorter height than most standard Performance Tips. Due to the surface area of this setting, Xtend Plus will create a highly aggressive movement pattern with speeds greater than Assault. However, the wide diameter of the tip makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern and creates relatively low stamina, making the setting ill-suited for both traditional Attack and Tornado Stalling combinations. Furthermore, while Attack Combinations normally benefit from a shorter height, the height difference between the Attack Mode and other Tips is too small to be noticeable in battle.

The Defense Setting features a low angle, stepped cone tip, akin to X Drive's Stern Semi Defense at a shorter height than most Performance Tips. Due to the stepped cone, when an Xtend Plus combination is struck and reaches higher on the Stadium's slope, the flat edge of the tip will create a second point of contact, briefly increasing friction and aggression to both slow down the combination and counter attack. However, due to the edge of the tip being made of plastic rather than rubber like in Unite and smooth rather than tabbed like in Defense, the effect of the second point of contact is minimal, creating poor Knock-Out resistance. However, the shorter height of the Defense Mode can make a combination resistant to destabilization.

The Stamina setting exposes a small low angle cone tip meant to make the Beyblade stationary in the center of the stadium, however to accommodate the mode change the cone tip is incredibly small in diameter, akin to Trans' Stamina Setting at a lower height than most Performance Tips. Due to the low friction, Xtend Plus creates acceptable stamina and the shorter height of the Stamina Mode can make a combination resistant to destabilization. However, it lags behind Tips such as Eternal to due to the lack of a free-spinning component.

==Overall==
Xtend+ has incredible versatility allowing for three strategies; Mobile Attack, Stationary Attack and Stationary Stamina. Furthermore, because the setting can be changed without having to disassemble the Combination, Xtend+'s setting can be changed as many times as one wants to in a tournament battle. However, due to the inconsistent performance of the Attack Setting and poor performance of the Defense Setting, Xtend+ is outclassed by Trans.

With better tip shapes and thus more consistent performance than Zeta, Xtend+ is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

Now I just need confirmation on the size of the Attack Setting.
The size of the attack setting is the average driver height, and the other settings are the same height as Yard/Jolt/Eternal.
(Oct. 01, 2018  4:36 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The size of the attack setting is the average driver height, and the other settings are the same height as Yard/Jolt/Eternal.

Would he be questioning what diameter the tip is?
(Oct. 01, 2018  4:36 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The size of the attack setting is the average driver height, and the other settings are the same height as Yard/Jolt/Eternal.

I meant the diameter
as and when I get it I'll get my digital calipers out.
(Oct. 01, 2018  6:12 AM)Kry Wrote: as and when I get it I'll get my digital calipers out.

I don't need something that specific. I just need to know if it's as wide as or wider than Assault (I'm thinking wider but I need to make sure)
Xt+ plus has the second highest precession in the game its practically a great choice for spin equalizing customizations
(Oct. 01, 2018  6:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2018  6:12 AM)Kry Wrote: as and when I get it I'll get my digital calipers out.

I don't need something that specific. I just need to know if it's as wide as or wider than Assault (I'm thinking wider but I need to make sure)
The very tip of the the Xtend plus chip, which is the attack mode, is wider than assault.
Can't the defense mode be used like a fusion tip(tilt launch)?
(Oct. 01, 2018  8:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Xt+ plus has the second highest  precession  in the game its practically  a great choice for spin equalizing customizations
Whats first? Cause I actually have no clue.
(Oct. 01, 2018  5:06 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2018  8:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Xt+ plus has the second highest  precession  in the game its practically  a great choice for spin equalizing customizations
Whats first? Cause I actually have no clue.
I think its eternal
(Oct. 01, 2018  5:23 PM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2018  5:06 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Whats first? Cause I actually have no clue.
I think its eternal
My guess is between Bearing and Xtend'
https://youtu.be/Mg_3WereMRE
Here are the setups in terms of highest precession and  LAD Here it goes
Br with 0 Lift/Proof
Xt+ with a naked 10 or 0 Proof
Br with 0 Bump
Ds with 10/0 Proof and Et with naked 10
Basically  Xt+ features very high precession  rivaling  that of Br
Edit: i forgot about Et