Dragooon Discussion

I got my Dark Knight Dragooon in the mail on Thursday, and the first idea that came to mind for testing is defense. As you know, Dragooon is the heaviest Chrome Wheel to date, so it's pretty much a given that, when Synchromed, it will be difficult to KO it. Below are my defense tests for Dragooon, though it's Synchromed with Orojya for lack of another Dragooon. Since I recieved Revizer at my tournament today, I'll be conducting Revizer Dragooon/Dragooon Revizer tests sooner or later.

Keep in mind that I only conducted defense tests because, from the unofficial attack testing I did, it's not quite up to Flash's standards. Perhaps it'll do better when it's Synchromed with itself, and not another Chrome Wheel, but I'm not sure. I also lack a legal MSF, seeing as the one from my Pirates Orojya has broken threads. When (or if) I get one, I'll do tests with it.

Orojya Dragooon BD145RDF vs MF-H Flash Escolpio S130R2F
Standard procedure (BB-10, Beylaunchers R and LR, both rubber parts in prime condition)
Dragooon: 13 wins (5 OS, 8 KO)
Escolpio: 7 wins (7 KO)

Dragooon win %: 65%

Dragooon Orojya BD145RDF vs MF-H Flash Escolpio S130R2F
Standard procedure (BB-10, Beylaunchers R and LR, both rubber parts in prime condition)
Orojya: 17 wins (15 OS, 2 KO)
Escolpio: 3 wins (3 KO)

Orojya win %: 85%

I'm actually kind of surprised that the right-spin (Orojya) variant did better than the left-spin (Dragooon) variant. I would have thought that spinning left would give it an edge, but apparently not...

If anyone wants to contribute their own tests, feel free to do so. Smile
Wow, 85% VS Flash in right spin? Interesting...

Can you test Dragoon Orojya E230CS VS MF-H Flash Escolpio H145R2F?
I don't have E230, so no. Even if I did, E230 would be doing all of the action and Dragooon wouldn't be showing any of its potential...
Sigh, more defense combos.

Could you test Gryph Dragooon ____ RF and Dragooon Gryph ____RF? If you have Gryph. I'd like to see wheter Dragooon has attack abilities or not. But with it's weight, it'll probably become anti-attack. :p
(Jul. 29, 2012  2:34 AM)Primal Wrote: I don't have E230, so no. Even if I did, E230 would be doing all of the action and Dragooon wouldn't be showing any of its potential...

Good point. How about Dragoon Orojya BD145 RS VS MF-H Flash H145 R2F?
I also don't have Gryph. I should really make a list of parts I don't have in the OP...

I've tried Orojya/Revizer Dragooon BD145LRF, and it's done well against Flash attack combos. The sheer weight is probably the main factor there, but from the looks of it, it'll be good for anti-attack.
Okay, how about Orojya Dragooon AD145RF or Dragooon Orojya AD145RF?
Please do tests of BD145MF, it worked well when I suggested it, so I'd like to see how it does in other match ups.
vs. Flash S130R2F
vs. Phantom TH170D
vs. Flash Orion W145MF
vs. Duo 230MB/JB ;D
DRAGOOON IS BROKEN

Seriously, it's heavy as all get out and it spins left. It's beautiful o_o

Anyway, to keep this on topic, I think RDF is a little better than MF just because RDF stays upright for the few extra rotations Dragooon needs in a spin equalizing battle. Of course RDF is also a defensive powerhouse, especially if you have a calm one. That's what I noticed after the tournament, anyway; my Phantom 90MF OSed Dragooon on MF but couldn't vs. RDF iirc.

I've got a Dragooon coming in the mail now (Primal, you inspired me to get it, hah!), so I can do E230 tests going by the end of the week.

Can you do Orojya Dragooon BD145RDF Vs Blitz Unicorno 100RF. this is very interesting that it beat flash impressive in my words Smile
So, is Revizer good with this? How about Saramanda(I don't think Primal has this,but this question is for anyone)? I hope you test soon. And after I get mine, I will be able to test. I have Phoenic, Saramanda, and Revizer ATM.
(Jul. 31, 2012  4:05 AM)Cosmic Wrote: Can you do Orojya Dragooon BD145RDF Vs Blitz Unicorno 100RF. this is very interesting that it beat flash impressive in my words Smile

I think CH120 would be better on that Blitz combo, so it can actually reach Draggon, lol.
(Jul. 31, 2012  4:09 AM)Shaman-R Wrote: So, is Revizer good with this? How about Saramanda(I don't think Primal has this,but this question is for anyone)? I hope you test soon.

Pretty sure Revizer out classes Saramanda for defense.
I know, but Saramanda could still be good with Dragooon, not everyone has Revizer. Oh, and tests with Phoenic would be nice.
I know but. might as well see a test you never know with the power of blitz.
(Jul. 31, 2012  4:28 AM)Cosmic Wrote: I know but. might as well see a test you never know with the power of blitz.

Haha lol

EDIT: sorry Kai-V, didn't know. i won't do it next time though
Could you try Revizer Dragooon BD145RDF against a Stamina type? I would like to see if it can work similar to L-Drago Guardian BD145RDF.
Does anyone know whether or not Zero G Dragoon has any direct relation to the original Dragoon from the plastic era? The fact that it has a left-spin ability hints at that... maybe
Got my 2 Dragooons today. Test time!

Standard Procedures
Equipment (Click to View)

WD in near mint condition
RDF was a little worn
Alternating shots between matches
Ties were redone

Dragooon Dragooon BD145RDF vs. MF-F Phantom Cancer W145WD
Dragoon Dragooon: 19/20 (9 KO, 10 OS)
Phantom Cancer: 1/20 (1 OS)
12 Ties

Dragoon Dragoon Win%: 95%

This took longer than I thought it would, hah.
Thank you for the tests, Byser! This further proves what was going on at Conquest on Saturday; Dragooon was consistently outspinning its opponents, even stamina types.

I will add the results for everyone's requests when they're all complete. I've been rather busy the past couple of days and I haven't been able to do much testing. Smile
Don't forget to mention that [______] Dragooon BD145RDF does get OSed by LDG BD145MF quite easily, so that could be dangerous for the combo.
I'd like to see how Meteo L-Drago CH120EWD does against it.
Ah, yes, I forgot about your counter to this monster. Not to sound egotisitcal, but that was really the only thing that gave it problems, haha.

I'll do the MLD tests soon. Still finishing up the Excel document for Conquest Tongue_out
You don't sound egotistical lol, YOUR AVATAR IS TRUE D:

Can anyone tell me by what you mean "broken," like Met Knight in Super Smash Bros. Brawl broken or what?
Like overpowered, too strong, get it?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking like Meta Knight from Brawl. And why hasn't WBO banned it yet then?