[Draft]  Perfomance Tip/Driver-Absorb

(Sep. 07, 2018  4:55 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2018  4:53 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Again, if it’s wrong, then it’s wrong and can easily be fixed once it’s actually released. There’s no harm done from doing it a bit early

It's a waste of time and not nearly as greatly written as yours would be.

Well that’s rude. Let me put it this way, my first drafts make my eyes bleed
(Sep. 07, 2018  4:58 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2018  4:55 AM)jade_juper Wrote: It's a waste of time and not nearly as greatly written as yours would be.

Well that’s rude. Let me put it this way, my first drafts make my eyes bleed

Don't mind me; He was also going around telling me how I can't ship to him for free when I didn't ask for his opinion.

Nevertheless, what you put up is great most of the time.
(Sep. 07, 2018  4:53 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2018  4:51 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Yes but he should wait until the release of the actual Driver. Everyone thought Jade was a great defense type wheel, but it isn't as great as people thought.

Again, if it’s wrong, then it’s wrong and can easily be fixed once it’s actually released. There’s no harm done from doing it a bit early
Why dont u use the ver of this draft edited by me?  That edit is much more suited to current situation
I think we should chill, and stop arguing about a yet to be realeased Absorb driver guys. However, I would appreciate if https://worldbeyblade.org/User-MonoDragon would write a disclaimer maybe??? About him speculating on Ab
i 100% support early wikis with informed speculation

further, i really like monodragon's wiki style, and strongly prefer his entries over everyone else

i know that's contra to the principles behind a wiki, but the difference in quality is so stark.  this draft and the proof disc draft are great examples...

keep up the great work mono!
(Sep. 07, 2018  6:56 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i 100% support early wikis with informed speculation

further, i really like monodragon's wiki style, and strongly prefer his entries over everyone else

i know that's contra to the principles behind a wiki, but the difference is quality is so stark.  this draft and the proof disc draft are great examples...

keep up the great work mono!
I literally  copy his style in my drafts u can see that in my edit of this draft or in the latest update of this draft
(Sep. 04, 2018  6:01 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
Quote:Absorb is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb on September 22nd, 2018.

==Description==
Absorb features a angled, spring loaded  Wide cone shaped tip akin to Wide Defense from MFB era. In theory the tip is meant to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental self Knock-Outs from bouncing. While the large wide shape is meant to maintain stability and retain stamina. 
The  sharp cone shaped tip provides Absorb low friction with the stadium floor which results in high stamina potential and increases the burst resistance  of the combination using it. Due to its Wide shape,  Absorb doesn't fall over easily at low spin velocities thus making it a useful choice for Spin-equalizing Customizations. 

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-122 Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb (translucent orange)
==Hasbro==
What else can be predicted now?
update 1:Edits by @[Rebel Blader]

(Sep. 07, 2018  1:37 PM)Phoenix8Nt Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  6:01 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: What else can be predicted now?
update 1:Edits by @[Rebel Blader]
Akin to wide defense from MFb ?
Seriously...
(Sep. 07, 2018  1:37 PM)Phoenix8Nt Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  6:01 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: What else can be predicted now?
update 1Eeedits by @[Rebel Blader]

Akin to wide defense from MFb ?
Seriously...

Yes have u even seen the tip shape?
Quote:Absorb is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb on September 22nd, 2018.

==Description==
Absorb features  angled, spring loaded  Wide Hemispherical Free Spinning tip which has shape akin to Bearing and "TEETH" that fix the Free Spinning disc mid-Battle. In theory the Spring Loaded tip is meant to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental self Knock-Outs from bouncing and locking of free spinning Part is To increase the velocity of the Bey mid-battle. While the large wide shaped tip with Free Spinning nature is meant to maintain stability and retain stamina.
The  hemispherical shaped free spinning tip provides Absorb low friction with the stadium floor which results in high stamina potential and increases the burst resistance  of the combination using it. Due to its Wide shape,  Absorb doesn't fall over easily at low spin velocities thus making it a useful choice for Spin-equalizing And Life After Death Based Customizations.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==

B-122 Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb (translucent orange)
==Hasbro==
Editing with new Info

:The Locking Part of the Driver is troubling the most
(Sep. 14, 2018  9:07 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
Quote:Absorb is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb on September 22nd, 2018.

==Description==
Absorb features a angled, spring loaded  Wide cone Free Spinning tip which has shape akin to Wide Defense from MFB era. In theory the Spring Loaded tip is meant to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental self Knock-Outs from bouncing . While the large wide shaped tip with Free Spinning nature is meant to maintain stability and retain stamina.
The  sharp cone shaped free spinning tip provides Absorb low friction with the stadium floor which results in high stamina potential and increases the burst resistance  of the combination using it. Due to its Wide shape,  Absorb doesn't fall over easily at low spin velocities thus making it a useful choice for Spin-equalizing And Life After Death Based Customizations.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==

B-122 Geist Fafnir 8' Absorb (translucent orange)
==Hasbro==
Editing with new Info
Hey Adarsh, a dumb question maybe, but will you please clear it for me.. 
[Image: t17Hswv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
You can see the tip of gF clearly in the picture. Since it looks like bearing, then that isn't a sharp tip in that sense, am I right? As said, it is a dumb question. But the use of 'sharp cone shaped' may misguide others. It looks sharp but is blunt at the tip.
Secondly, a small grammatical mistake. In the first line of the description, you have written a angled. It should be an angled. I know it doesn't matter much, but just trying to get the draft perfect! Hope you understand! :)
(Sep. 14, 2018  9:30 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  9:07 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Editing with new Info
Hey Adarsh, a dumb question maybe, but will you please clear it for me.. 
You can see the tip of dF clearly in the picture. Since it looks like bearing, then that isn't a sharp tip in that sense, am I right? As said, it is a dumb question. But the use of 'sharp cone shaped' may misguide others. It looks sharp but is blunt at the tip.
Secondly, a small grammatical mistake. In the first line of the description, you have written a angled. It should be an angled. I know it doesn't matter much, but just trying to get the draft perfect! Hope you understand! Smile
It's not Wide, It's like Bearing's tip in the Pic, But That's not everything right? we need a Actual Pic, and I think we have that video of Absorb
(Sep. 14, 2018  9:39 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  9:30 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Hey Adarsh, a dumb question maybe, but will you please clear it for me.. 
You can see the tip of dF clearly in the picture. Since it looks like bearing, then that isn't a sharp tip in that sense, am I right? As said, it is a dumb question. But the use of 'sharp cone shaped' may misguide others. It looks sharp but is blunt at the tip.
Secondly, a small grammatical mistake. In the first line of the description, you have written a angled. It should be an angled. I know it doesn't matter much, but just trying to get the draft perfect! Hope you understand! Smile
It's not Wide, It's like Bearing's tip in the Pic, But That's not everything right? we need a Actual Pic, and I think we have that video of Absorb
Well, you edited it to hemispherical, that's better.Wink 
And I am not sure, but which video are you talking about? Can you please share the link? Because whatever pictures and videos have come, I haven't seen Ab being a sharp tip.
Got this from @[marutti] , https://imgur.com/gallery/Va8pbjc ( You can see the Absorb driver and The LAD ' Emperor' )
(Sep. 14, 2018  11:44 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Got this from @[marutti] , https://imgur.com/gallery/Va8pbjc ( You can see the Absorb driver and The LAD ' Emperor' )

Is it just me or the frame now looks little rough
(Sep. 14, 2018  11:44 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Got this from @[marutti] , https://imgur.com/gallery/Va8pbjc ( You can see the Absorb driver and The LAD ' Emperor' )
Well Adarsh, now you can Cleary see that it isn't sharp. It's hemispherical. 
Secondly, that lime green does not go with gF no matter what. The colour let alone is great, but with gF, it just spoils it. It is crazily and almost a perfect circle, thw LAD King is here! Hope it's weight doesn't kill it..
Thanks for sharing it GOD CHIPS!
(Sep. 14, 2018  12:29 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  11:44 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Got this from @[marutti] , https://imgur.com/gallery/Va8pbjc ( You can see the Absorb driver and The LAD ' Emperor' )
Well Adarsh, now you can Cleary see that it isn't sharp. It's hemispherical. 
Secondly, that lime green does not go with gF no matter what. The colour let alone is great, but with gF, it just spoils it. It is crazily and almost a perfect circle, thw LAD King is here! Hope it's weight doesn't kill it..

So is Fafnir's gimmick activated by pushing against the top of the rubber and not the back end? It looks like that from the pictures, but I guess it was just me that thought it was the latter.
(Sep. 14, 2018  1:34 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  12:29 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Well Adarsh, now you can Cleary see that it isn't sharp. It's hemispherical. 

So is Fafnir's gimmick activated by pushing against the top of the rubber and not the back end? It looks like that from the pictures, but I guess it was just me that thought it was the latter.
During slow spin, those rubber parts are out and they store all the attack energy they get from the opponent beyblade and then the parts close causing the layer to gain speed from the stored or absorbed energy. That's what I get from the pic..
It would be better if you can confirm this on the gF thread.
(Sep. 14, 2018  2:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  1:34 PM)Dragunix Wrote: So is Fafnir's gimmick activated by pushing against the top of the rubber and not the back end? It looks like that from the pictures, but I guess it was just me that thought it was the latter.
During slow spin, those rubber parts are out and they store all the attack energy they get from the opponent beyblade and then the parts close causing the layer to gain speed from the stored or absorbed energy. That's what I get from the pic..

Sorry about that, I'll make sure to do that next time around.
(Sep. 14, 2018  3:18 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2018  2:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote: During slow spin, those rubber parts are out and they store all the attack energy they get from the opponent beyblade and then the parts close causing the layer to gain speed from the stored or absorbed energy. That's what I get from the pic..

Sorry about that, I'll make sure to do that next time around.
Oh No problem! Check out the gF thread, your question has been answered! Wink
https://youtu.be/2cZxFdMLlj0
Knowledge is power, and the Absorb driver is capable of preventing itself from free-spinning for a brief period to improve of defense. How it works is the Absorb is capable of "biting" its free-spin to a halt by utilising its spiky teeth when the Absorb is pushed down hard enough. This can most likely happen if the beyblade were to get punched downwards hard enough, but in order to do so, the springs will need to be insanely weak, weak enough for one slightly hard hit to force Absorb to "bite" itself. It's "biting" gimmick can be used to prevent further progress towards the outside of the stadium by quickly twirling itself off course. If this gimmick were to be ruined by a spring too strong, Absorb's overall performance will end up being based on other physical factors, e.g. free-spin defense, diameter, angle.
Now I don't know if I'm dumb in the head or what, but this is so complicated on how it works given just on paper and when I do understand it, it seems kinda unnecessary and makes me feel horrible about the time that I lost trying to get it. The simple Nothing + Revolve would do just fine.
(Sep. 04, 2018  6:01 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Absorb features a spring-loaded sharp tip of a small diameter surrounded by a free-spinning ring, akin to a combination of Revolve and Nothing. The sharp tip of Absorb provides low friction with the stadium floor, resulting in high Stamina and Burst Defense properties. The wide diameter of the ring, which is wider and looser than Revolve's, gives Absorb high precession time and Spin-Equalization potential which is useful against Opposite-Spin and Mobile Stamina Combinations. Compared to similar Performance Tips, Absorb's precession time is greater than Revolve's but lower than Eternal's.

The spring-loaded tip has two purposes, the first is to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental Self-Knock-Outs from bouncing. The second is that when the tip is fully depressed, the center sharp tip is retracted and the ring is locked in place, creating a hollow flat tip with aggressive movement akin to Zephyr. However, without a mechanism to keep the spring compressed, this aggressive movement only happens briefly upon first landing.

==Use in Stamina/Defense Combinations==
Absorb can be used in the Stamina/Defense Combination Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander (Defense Mode) 7/10 Absorb. The high Stamina of Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander is bolstered by 7/10 and Absorb's precession. The combination is also resistant against Attack Types by Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander's low recoil and strong teeth and 7/10 heavy weight.

==Use in Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Absorb can be used in the Spin-Equalization Combination Geist Fafnir/Spriggan Requiem 7/10 Proof/Cross/Glaive Absorb. Geist Fafnir's Knock-Out resistance is bolstered by the weight of the 7/10 Disc while the heavy weight and teeth of the Layer and the free-spinning and plastic nature of the Tip compensates for the increased Burst risk of using heavy Discs. When spinning opposite to the opponent, the rubber of Geist Fafnir and the low friction of the Absorb Tip allows for high amounts of Spin Equalization while the Life-After-Death of Proof/Cross/Glaive and Absorb allows the Combination to Out Spin its opponent.

==Overall==
Absorb's greater precession time makes it outclass Revolve and works well in both Stamina and Spin-Equalization Combinations. While still outclassed by Eternal and Bearing in these regards, Absorb is still an excellent alternative.

As such, Absorb is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.
Personally i think u should move hS to the same section as gF
Wow, I thought Absorb would be only a little bit better than Nothing, but looks like I was wrong!