Draft: Dranzer V (Volcano)

I couldn't find any other article attempts on this beyblade, so I made this thread.

Okay, I've gone through a few drafts and this is what I've come up with:

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = dranzer_v.jpg
| full item name = Dranzer V
| item number = A-47
| beyblade system = [[MG System]]
| beyblade type = [[Balance]]
| starter or booster = [[Starter]]
}}
__TOC__

==Attack Ring : Cross Attacker ==
* '''Weight:''' 5 grams
Cross Attacker takes the form of 4 winged headed phoenixes. Each phoenix wing is designed with a degree of upper slope, mainly built for [[Upper Attack]] purposes. However, the upper slope built along the wings are very short, which results in weak [[Upper Attack]]. Also, Cross Attacker is very outclassed in term of Upper Attack, where there are other better AR's built for that purpose such as [[Triangle Wing]] and [[Upper Dragoon]]. Moreover, the sharp end of the wings of Cross Attacker and the large gap between the wings gives this AR decent [[Smash Attack]], but nowhere within the levels of [[Triple Wing]] and [[Eight Spiker]]. With correct customization, this AR is usable substitute for [[Smash Attack]] customization if the parts are limited.

===Use in [[Smash Attack]] customization===

* '''AR''': Cross Attacker
* '''WD''': 10-Heavy
* '''SG''': Neo Right SG (HMC Version)
* '''BB''': SG Metal Flat 2

* '''WD''': Wide Survivor
* '''SG''': Right SG (Bearing Version 2) (Wolborg 2)
* '''SG TIP:'''Grip Base (Dragoon Grip Attacker)
* '''BB''': Customize Bearing Base

== Weight Disk (WD): 10-Balance ==
See [[Wide Weight Disks | 10-Balance]].

== Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (South Core Version)(Dranzer V Version)=
See [[Spin Gear | Neo right SG]].

== Blade Base (BB): Volcano Change Base ==
* '''Weight:''' 7 grams

The Dranzer Series is known for having gimmick specialty on its’ [[Blade Base]] and Dranzer V is no exception. Volcano Change Base has a detachable metal tip with a saucer attached halfway down the shaft. The top half of the shaft is flat (Attack Mode), while the bottom half is rounded out into a sharp tip (Stamina Mode). Unlike the metal used for every [[Weight Disk]], the metal used in the shaft has high magnetism, and is attached to the base through connecting it with the Magnecore inside the spin gear. This allows for the user to manually alternate modes in between battles.

While in Attack Mode/ Flat Metal tip, this beyblade has moderate aggressive movement which means it can be used in attack customizations. However it is outclassed by other better bases due to their higher movement speed and Volcano Change Bases’ tall height. Still it is one of the easiest and cheapest attack bases around and is better than SG Flat. In the other hand, while in Stamina Mode/ Sharp Metal Tip, it has a decent [[Stamina]]. Despite its metal tip, Volcano Change Base has a high K.O. chance.

Despite its perfect circle design and free spinning shaft, Volcano Change Base has a good [[Life After Death]] ability. However, due to its high height and it’s incompatibility with the other SG except for Neo MG Core SG, it is not usable for [[Zombie]] neither [[Spin Steal]] customization.
Due to its incompatibility with the rest of SG except of its kind (Neo MG SG), the Volcano Change Blade Base has no competitive purposes except for its dual mode gimmick.

== Gallery ==

<gallery>
</gallery>

==Other Version==
*[[Dranzer V]] – White Recolor
*[[Dranzer V]] – Red Recolor (A-80 Beystadium Magne Dome)
*[[Dranzer V]] – Yellow

== Overall ==
[[Dranzer V]] is also one of the cheapest plastics available in the market, and although it is outclassed, its parts are still useful if you do not own better ones. Still, Dranzer V should only really be purchased for collection purposes.

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]
Note: I will have added pictures shortly. In the meantime, please feel free to comment and criticize in any way that will help me improve this article. Thank you!

Actually, Dranzer V's AR is named Cross Attacker. Also, you spelled Magnecore wrong.
It's alright but there are a few things needed

1) Since you said Eight Spiker i'm assuming the combo is in left since Eight Spiker only works in left.
2) This is just me being picky but I wouldn't call Storm Grip a powerful base. It's really not compared to Grip Attackers' and Ariel 2's.
3) The base section mentions nothing about the flat modes use in attack. While it isn't great due to its height the flat mode is the same as Metal Flat 2's which is amazing. Its a decent alternative if you can't get Gaia Dragoon V.
4) What do you mean by mostly outclass? Its completely outclassed.
Blade base
also.the blade base has decent life after death capability especially in stamina mode..however the height really make it really not usable..

Spin Gear
the sg is quite different than other sg actually..it has shorter magnet casing..i think a note for this matter should be included as well

Other Version
you can also add other version later like you said, that is red fokubuko random booster and white recolor..
Oh completely forgot about recolours. The red one comes in the A-80 Beystadium Magne Dome and the i'm not sure where exactly the white one is from. Also the white one is also available in a set with the Black Dragoon V and white and black customize grips. I've got pics but they were taken without permission from an auction so we won't be able to use them. And according to another website there is a yellow recolour but i've got no info on where it comes from. Another thing is that it should be mentioned that nothing can fit in the hole in the BB apart from the tip. It's a shame cause it would be more useful if a bearing core could go in.
Quote:Attack Ring (AR): Cross Wing

Cross Wing is an attack ring that is composed of 4 small "wing-like" projections. These are sloped at a downwards angle to add a degree of upper attack. However, the projections are too small and tight to the rest of the AR to add any real component of upper attack, and therefore null. However, they do provide niche smash attack if combined with more powerful bases, like Storm Grip Base (Dragoon S).

==Attack Ring : Cross Attacker==

Cross Attacker takes the form of 4 winged headed phoenixes. Each of the phoenix wing is designed with a degree of upper slope, mainly built for [[Upper Attack]] purposes. However, the upper slope built along the wings are very short, in which results in weak [[Upper Attack]]. Cross Attacker is very outclassed in term of Upper Attack where there are other better AR's built for that purpose such as [[Triangle Wing]] and [[Upper Dragoon]]. Moreover, the sharp end of the wings of Cross Attacker + the large gap between the wings gives this AR decent [[Smash Attack]], but nowhere within the levels of [[Triple Wing]] and [[Eight Spiker]]. With correct customization, this AR is usable substitute for [[Smash Attack]] customization if the parts are limited.

if i may try..haha
That's better. But there's no such thing as upward Attack.
ah..i meant Upper
haha.. XD
EDIT:yes..of course you may..just wanted to help.. Eee
Thanks BJH, that looks really good. If I may, I'll include it in the article when I get home.
I'll also include the spelling changes and Recolors.
(Jun. 23, 2012  4:31 PM)Sparta Wrote: Thanks BJH, that looks really good. If I may, I'll include it in the article when I get home.
I'll also include the spelling changes and Recolors.

No problem..you may add anything you want..

here is the edited version..but feels free to change anything because this is not my 100% effort, just a rough edit using your article as the base..and i think there are some error in the grammar...basically just writing everything i want to express.. XD
also..i'm not familiar with support part..so i dont know which one should be use in the customization..

also put it in wiki format to make your job easier later.. Eee

Rough edit Wrote:{{Beybox
| image = dranzer_v.jpg
| item number = A-47
}}
__TOC__

Cross Attacker takes the form of 4 winged headed phoenixes. Each of the phoenix wing is designed with a degree of upper slope, mainly built for [[Upper Attack]] purposes. However, the upper slope built along the wings are very short, in which results in weak [[Upper Attack]]. Cross Attacker is very outclassed in term of Upper Attack where there are other better AR's built for that purpose such as [[Triangle Wing]] and [[Upper Dragoon]]. Moreover, the sharp end of the wings of Cross Attacker + the large gap between the wings gives this AR decent [[Smash Attack]], but nowhere within the levels of [[Triple Wing]] and [[Eight Spiker]]. With correct customization, this AR is usable substitute for [[Smash Attack]] customization if the parts are limited.

* '''SG TIP:'''SG Grip Change Base Tip (Uriel 2)
* '''SP''':

The Dranzers Series are known for having gimmick specialty on its’ [[Blade Base]]. Dranzer V’s are no exception. Volcano Change Base has a detachable metal tip with a saucer glued halfway down the shaft. The top half of the shaft is flat(Attack Mode), while the bottom half is rounded out into a sharp tip(Stamina Mode). Unlike the metal used for every [[Weight Disk]], the metal used in the shaft has high magnetism, and is attached to the base through connecting it with the Magnecore inside the spin gear.
While in Attack Mode/ Flat Metal tip, this beyblade ought to have a slight aggressive motion with moderate speed, making Volcano Base totally not usable for attack purposes. In the other hand, while in Stamina Mode/ Sharp Metal Tip, it has a decent [[Stamina]]. Despite of its metal tip,it is very easy to be K.O.
Despite of its’ perfect circle design and free spinning shaft, Volcano Change Base has a good [[Life After Death]] ability. However, due to its high height and it’s incompatibility with the other SG except for Neo MG Core SG, it is not usable for [[Zombie]] neither [[Spin Steal]] customization.
Due to its incompatibility with the rest of SG except of it’s kind (Neo MG SG), Volcano Change Blade Base has no competitive purposes except for inherited gimmick of dual mode.

== Gallery ==

<gallery>
</gallery>

==Other Version==

== Overall ==
[[Dranzer V]] inherited the tradition of Dranzers that is having interesting gimmick. It is also one of the cheapest plastics available in the market, but consists of outclassed parts making it useless competitively, except for its AR ([[Cross Attacker]]) which is usable part for [[Smash Attack]],while no other option left. As conclusion, should only be bought for collection purposes.

Not sure why you seem to be ignoring me Benji? Flat mode does have some use in attack and while outclassed it should be mentioned. Also the red version is not from Fukobako as I already said.
its weird that mine seems not agressive enough for any attack purposes..really..its too slow for attack for me.. Confused

explained about the other matter in PM..hahah
Wierd. Th!nk agrees that it has use in attack. I'll write something on it later on.
i tried it on MFB Attack Stadium..but it should be not differ too much...or..is the red and blue has differ mold?mine is red...and its aggressiveness really lame..haahah..and..after like 5 seconds..its aggressiveness diminished..
i could be hard for the BB to KO the oppose with that speed.. XD
Okay yeah you're right but its the cheapest attack base apart from SG Flat. And it's better than SG Flat. Anyway most attack bases don't last much longer. And it can knock things out in the right setup.
hahah..yeah..agree that it would be better than SG Flat...
so should it be changed something like :
while it is easy to acquire, this BB is usable when parts are limited. Volcano Change Base (Attack Mode) somehow is outclassed [[SG Flat]].. ............ ........

running out of idea..hahah..
SG Metal Flat 2 last quite long to me..XD
Quote:{{Beybox
| image = dranzer_v.jpg
| item number = A-47
}}
__TOC__

Cross Attacker takes the form of 4 winged headed phoenixes. Each phoenix wing is designed with a degree of upper slope, mainly built for [[Upper Attack]] purposes. However, the upper slope built along the wings are very short, in which results in weak [[Upper Attack]]. Cross Attacker is very outclassed in term of Upper Attack where there are other better AR's built for that purpose such as [[Triangle Wing]] and [[Upper Dragoon]]. Moreover, the sharp end of the wings of Cross Attacker + the large gap between the wings gives this AR decent [[Smash Attack]], but nowhere within the levels of [[Triple Wing]] and [[Eight Spiker]]. With correct customization, this AR is usable substitute for [[Smash Attack]] customization if the parts are limited.

* '''SG TIP:'''SG Grip Change Base Tip (Uriel 2)
* '''SP''':

The Dranzer Series is known for having gimmick specialty on its’ [[Blade Base]] and Dranzer V is no exception. Volcano Change Base has a detachable metal tip with a saucer attached halfway down the shaft. The top half of the shaft is flat(Attack Mode), while the bottom half is rounded out into a sharp tip(Stamina Mode). Unlike the metal used for every [[Weight Disk]], the metal used in the shaft has high magnetism, and is attached to the base through connecting it with the Magnecore inside the spin gear.

While in Attack Mode/ Flat Metal tip, this beyblade has moderate aggressive movement which means it can be used in attack customizations. However it is outclassed by other better bases due to their higher movement speed and Volcano Change Bases’ tall height. Still it is one of the easiest and cheapest attack bases around and is better than SG Flat. In the other hand, while in Stamina Mode/ Sharp Metal Tip, it has a decent [[Stamina]]. Despite of its metal tip,it is very easy to be K.O.

Despite its perfect circle design and free spinning shaft, Volcano Change Base has a good [[Life After Death]] ability. However, due to its high height and it’s incompatibility with the other SG except for Neo MG Core SG, it is not usable for [[Zombie]] neither [[Spin Steal]] customization.
Due to its incompatibility with the rest of SG except of its kind (Neo MG SG), the Volcano Change Blade Base has no competitive purposes except for its dual mode gimmick.

== Gallery ==

<gallery>
</gallery>

==Other Version==
*[[Dranzer V]] – Yellow

== Overall ==
[[Dranzer V]] inherited the tradition of Dranzers having a base with a gimmick. It is also one of the cheapest plastics available in the market, and while it is outclassed its parts are still useful if you don’t have better ones. However it is outclassed and should only really be purchased for collection purposes.

Did some work on it and it's nearly ready IMO. For the bolded bit i'm confused since you say it as if those things inhibit Life after death when that's the opposite of the truth. I still think some work is needed on the overall since I think saying that it has a gimmick isn't needed especially since you've already said it and all of the dranzer series does. I'll come back to it later to do something on it.
Okay, edited the article to reflect the changes. Shall I add pictures now? Also, would it be worth it to add that no bearings or other add-ons (EX: Dragoon V's tip) work with the base? It's probably a given, but I thought it might be useful to add.

EDIT: Changed the "overall" section to reflect what you wanted (And to correct some of the sentences to make them flow better), Ultra. Does that look right?
Sorry, but this still needs a lot of work. I'll take a shot at it once I've had my morning shower, but a few points:

Technically, Ariel/Wolborg 03's tip can replace the lower half of the base but it's not legal.

The weight disk choices in the AR section are really bad. 10 heavy is not a Smash AR and if you have to use it for a Smash AR, that AR is not a good smash AR. I'm also yet to encounter an AR where it's the only way to control the recoil. And uhh, wide survivor on the ariel 2 setup isn't a good idea with most AR's, Driger G's is the only one I've found it works best with.

Seeing as it's a right spin AR with some upper slopes, grip base is generally the best base choice even with the recoil of this AR, in terms of power and simplicity. There's no point using Ariel 2's tip if this is the best AR you have for attack, too expensive and complicated a setup. It has fairly limited range so using a non-rubber tip is generally a bad idea as you can't get a tight flower pattern.

There are more relevant things to compare its parts to.

The wording is rather awkward in places.

The SG Core is Unique and therefore requires explanation. It will also need weighing at some point, I'd do it myself however my scale is affected by magnets and gives ludicrous weights (MG WD as 34.7g for example). I'll ask around.

The base can be used competitively, mainly for attack as a substitute for SG Metal Flat 2. In fact, Driger G's AR and Wide Defense on Dranzer V's base and SG is probably the best combo you can make from any of Dranzer V's parts that I've encountered.

There's some other stuff, but yeah, I'll take a shot at it in a little. Will need to do a little testing with it first.

Th!nk, I have a scale I used for my weighing. I'll weight the SG.
I'll re-word the awkwardness, as well as change out the Uriel Base with Grip Base like I had before.
Also, adding pictures tomorrow. If anyone has any other versions, please add pics!
I'll write out what I'd do anyway, seeing as I've started that already, once I'm done I'll post it, it's probably a better way to get a feel for how I think it should be done.

As for the SG, could you also weigh the core separately, and if you can, also weigh a regular S-MG core?

Also, can you do weights to at least .1g? 1g weights aren't specific enough for plastics despite being used in the past.

Oh, you should also read through some more plastic articles in the "edit" mode of the wiki to get a better feel for the formatting. I think I posted a cheat sheet for a bunch of plastics formatting in "How To Edit/Create Articles on the Wiki" or another similar topic stickied in the forum, should be on the last 2-3 pages, so check that out.

Also, I made a slight change to my previous post in relation to the base section, I removed the part about LAD (as on re-testing it's actually not enough to counter the abysmal stability of the tip), however I also added some detail to the attack usage. This'll all be included in my rewrite which I'm nearly done, just working out how to order the base section.

Oh, one other thing, the overall section isn't really right, Dranzer V isn't a bad purchase, especially on a budget. I'd like to see if anyone has bought the SOK version to check if its parts are regular sized or gold-series sized (as it seems at least the earlier SOK releases were the latter). If it IS regular sized, then Dranzer V is a very good budget buy for an attack base, and that and Driger G are a fairly good "purchase pair", giving you a passable attack type on a budget. I'll cover that in the article as even if the SOK version is smaller, Dranzer V is still pretty cheap second hand.

If no one has the SOK version then I may end up buying it myself but I'd prefer if someone else did as I don't have much spare cash at the moment and if it's smaller then I have absolutely no use for it, even for tournament prizes. Well, I guess I could crack the lower half open to provide proof on how it's structured in case anyone has doubts, but yeah, would rather not.
I just said I have the SOK...the parts are a lot smaller, and weigh a little less (AR was 3 G instead of 5). Actually, the parts are so much smaller I can't really customize it. I couldn't fit the AR on my DZV2, which is my only takara. Didn't fit on any hasbro either though.

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry. I wrote in the OP but I guess I removed it. Sorry.
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that, focussed mainly on the drafts rather than the post, haha. That sounds like the same thing we've heard with other SOK ones, which is a real shame...

I don't know if your SG Weights will be too useful, then... I can provide weights for the non magnetic parts though.

Yea, if you could provide them that would be smashing, thanks.
I know! I think as far as the pictures go the beyblade looks the same so they should be fine. Also, I'm going to start changing the spelling and awkward wording now. Give me a few minutes to do that and we'll see how it comes out.

EDIT: Okay, changed the wording up.
Yeah, the pics will be fine, haha. If there's anything too weird when you post them, it's not an uncommon bey so finding pictures shouldn't be too hard. I'm not set up for taking beywiki-standard photographs, especially now it's winter here so good lighting is difficult until I build a light box.

My rewrite is rather extensive, I've reworded almost everything heavily (it's a bad habit ok), but definitely do post yours, I'd like to see how it comes out as I didn't see your initial draft, and there's every chance it'll be better in at least some places than mine Tongue_out Beywiki is a collaborative effort after all! I'm almost done, still doing the base section and fiddling with wording, haha.