Draciel G: Article Draft

I'm going to try my best with this one, but mainly because it seems there hasn't been any attempt at an article so far. Don't expect this to be good - I'm just trying to at least get the ball rolling.

Note: I'll add the bolds, links, and special things later. I just want to get my draft out there so we can start building it up and breaking it down.

Quote:Beyblade: Draciel G (Gravity)
AR: Shield Hammer
WD: 10-Wide
SG: Right Engine Gear (Metal Ball)
BB: Final Clutch Base (Metal Ball Version)

Attack Ring: Shield Hammer
Weight: 6 Grams
Shield Hammer is an attack ring built for defense. It is made up of two small projections opposite each other, taking the shape of turtle heads. Adjacent from those are two "claws" which are also opposite each other. These are the major components of the attack ring. Each "claw" has 3 diamond-shaped hexagons that lie on top of the claw and stick out just enough to create protrusions. However, these provide no substantial contact points and neglect any offensive capabilities they may been used for. Shield Hammer is rounded enough to provide limited defensive power, but is heavily outclassed by other parts. Furthermore, this beyblade has no attack capabilities otherwise, and being somewhat recoil-prone, is not recommended for serious play.

Weight Disk: 10-Wide
See 10-Wide

Spin Gear: Right Engine Gear (Metal Ball)
Weight: 11 Grams
Draciel G was given a Right-Spin Engine Gear with a Metal Ball tip. This tip is, like most of the beyblade, designed to heighten defense. However, this tip can be self-destructive if the beyblade is knocked off-balance. The metal ball has a cone shape going into the tip, creating a situation where if the beyblade is wobbling or spinning on an axis, the cone will push the beyblade farther onto its side until the BB makes contact with the stadium [<-weirdly worded here. Needs improvement]. For this reason, Metal Ball should not be considered for competitive purposes.

Blade Base: Final Clutch Base (Draciel G Version)
With the final clutch base, Draciel G's engine gear is activated near the end of the battle as the beyblade loses momentum. But Draciel G's base is different from normal Final Clutch Bases: the Draciel G version has metal balls inside of the base. However, these balls do not affect the beyblades performance and therefore are moot. In addition, when the Engine Gear releases the beyblade has already lost so much spin velocity that this usually KO's Draciel G itself. The BB has no protrusion points, and therefore has no defense against lower opponents. For all of these reasons, Final Clutch Base is not recommended.

Wolborg IV Base Compatibility:
Final Clutch Base was discovered to be compatible with Wolborg IV's CEW. The Engine Gear and Shell can fit inside of FCB and still perform normally. Although there are no notable differences in the performance of this combination, it should still be considered as an option for customization.

Wolborg IV CEW Combo

AR: Tiger Defenser (Driger S)
WD: 10 Balance
EG: Right Engine Gear (Rock Bison Version) (Rock Bison)
BB: Final Clutch Base (Draciel G Version) (Draciel G)
CEW: Circle Survivor (Wolborg IV)

Other Versions:
Draciel G- Dark Green version (Hasbro)
Draciel G- Black recolor version (Takara)

Overall:
Draciel G's attack ring is viable for some smash attack, but is very prone to recoil damage. Also, Metal Ball is self-destructive and Final Clutch Base is mostly useless. Therefore, both parts are not encouraged for competitive play. This beyblade is very common online and tends to be a very cheap purchase. Still, this beyblade is useless for competition and should only be considered as a collectors item.
I know it's definitely nothing special, but it should at least spark some thought and get this beyblade on BeyWiki soon.
I think the draft is good! But, couldn't it be that you need multiples of this if the WD is really good for weight, and AR has some smash attack? Or is it that since the AR is outclassed and that the WD is only moderately useful that it's only for collection...?
I guess that's right. Part of me wanted to make it collectors only because even though the AR and WD are viable, the AR is only somewhat useful (Outclassed - I should add that) and the WD is something that comes in a lot of other beyblades. I don't know.
I think that, "Every blader should own at least one of this beyblade" should be changed to, "This beyblade should be bought for bladers who are looking to increase their collection".
Well, that's what DefStamina and I were debating. I just changed what I originally had (Which is what you want) to that, but now you want to change it back. I'm not sure if it's "worthless," but it's certainly not a top purchase. But it's so commonly found and so cheap, it feels like it'd be dumb not to have one you know? So I think for now we should leave it as is, unless anyone else comes along and has reasons to support the change.
I have this blade I dont like the metal ball engine gear
(Jul. 14, 2012  5:45 PM)BeyKids Wrote: I have this blade I dont like the metal ball engine gear
That doesn't help improve the article...you need to explain why and how you'd put it into words on beywiki.

Although, the article already says it sucks...
Dragoon G is the better choice and is already found at a cheaper price that Draciel G. All of it's parts aren't terrible, but are pretty outclassed. It should be mentioned if you were looking at the AR, Dragoon G is a much better purchase so it should be for any blader willing to increase their collection.
Okay, that's true. I changed the article to reflect that. Later on tonight when I have time I'll change the format to reflect the beywiki layout (Bolds and links and whatnot)
Um if it's an attack ring built for defence how come you spend the whole article taking about smash and also don't say anything about whether it has any defence or not. Also hasbro released a dark green version and takara released a black recolour.
Because it has no defense, lol.

Although I really should include that somewhere. But the thing with this AR is it's like they built it for one thing but accomplished something else. At least, that's what my results showed.
Oh, and thank you for the recolors! Smile

EDIT: Added some sentences in the AR section for defense, and inserted the other versions.

Also: Pictures
^Sorry, those might be a little dark...
might comes handy with this one..

i thought that the BB has something like "Final Clutch Base:FC Metal Ball Version"

its not worth to mention ti buy this bey since there are more better beys released with the same WD..haha
You mention nowhere that there are metal balls in the base which is major since it's a draciel beyblade. It looks resonably alright but we'll see what Th!nk says. Which I still had my Draciel G still now.
hahah..the metal ball is on the clutch clip...which is...lame...and..useless.... =.=
Yeah, my Draciel G has those metal balls in the clutch clip. It does literally nothing, but I guess it's still worth mentioning because like Ultra said, it's a Draciel.
I wouldn't even include a combo in the AR section, I honestly do not think it is anywhere near good enough to call viable or mention at all (what made you include it, and what does it outperform?), and does not deserve a mention in the overall section, however I will try it again tomorrow and see, though various things here do not inspire any confidence:

Customize Grip Base has pretty poor recoil handling so I'd be wary, but more importantly:
>8 Wide
I require an explanation for this, and it had better be a bloody good one, too. I'm also disappointed that no one else asked before me. I'm sorry, but I'm used to stumbling upon baffling carp like this when going through old beywiki articles, not new drafts....

Also, what do you mean by this: NOTE: I used the Hasbro version, and tested it against DGV2 for Upper Attack, Dragoon G for Spike Attack, and Strata Dragoon G for Smash Attack.
Every interpretation I can come up with is an indictment of your competence, so I hope it's something I haven't considered.

Need to mention the fact the tip slips over the tornado ridge very easily.

The base can be used with wolborg 4 setups and was popular at one stage. I see no reason to use it over the original but it should still be mentioned and a combo given.

Sparta: Please Explain
Everyone Else: Just because something is well written doesn't mean it's ready to go, and you should all read things more carefully and be more critical in future, unless I've completely missed something here.
I'm not wonderful at making combos since I didn't look at it tbh.
Yes but 8 wide

8 goddamned wide

Smash Attack WD's: Wide Defense is almost always best, If you want light, you use Wide Survivor, but I've only found one or two setups where that is advantageous, and use 10 Wide for combos where you want to be economical.

Why Sparta is suggesting light weight WD's with a recoily AR on CGB I just... I cannot fathom this.

I know I'm being extremely harsh here, but this is the sort of thing I expect to stumble on in poorly written drafts... Not well written drafts from one or two days ago with no proper criticism...

Also, the combo has AR: Shield Hammer (Draciel MS)

There's absolutely no reason to buy this beyblade at all, by the way.
Th!nk, chill a bit. It's just spinning tops lol. But okay, I'm sorry. Let me explain:
•I was originally testing the beyblade for defense, which is why I put it against attack type beyblades. This is really the first time I've ever tested a beyblade, so I'm still learning the ropes (And I definitely learned one today).
•8 Wide: I hadn't considered anything like that, so I guess I just wasn't thinking there. That's a good idea though, and I'll change the article to reflect that.
•I don't own a Tornado Balance stadium, so I wouldn't know...I just tried to use all different stadiums for testing so I could get a feel for how it would be overall
•I didn't find Shield Hammer to be that recoily - I mean, yes it does have some recoil but I found it useful to a certain extent. That's just my opinion, so I guess we agree to disagree there.
•Wow, it works with WBIV's base? Mine's broken so I never really thought to check that, but I guess that - as well as the balls in the base - is worth mentioning. I'll make sure to put that into the article.
th!nk Wrote:I know I'm being extremely harsh here, but this is the sort of thing I expect to stumble on in poorly written drafts... Not well written drafts from one or two days ago with no proper criticism...
Under the pretense this was somewhat a compliment, thank you.
(Jul. 15, 2012  8:27 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: might comes handy with this one..
Wow, those pictures are so much better than mine, and your DCG is in much better condition. Thanks!
(Jul. 15, 2012  6:03 PM)Sparta Wrote: Th!nk, chill a bit. It's just spinning tops lol. But okay, I'm sorry. Let me explain:
•I was originally testing the beyblade for defense, which is why I put it against attack type beyblades. This is really the first time I've ever tested a beyblade, so I'm still learning the ropes (And I definitely learned one today).
It is a wiki about spinning tops that I am constantly struggling to make not suck, despite the huge difficulties in doing so thanks to poor management.

Testing against uncustomized beyblades is as terrible an idea in plastics as it is in MFB. Driger V2 was the only passable thing you used there (and even then, it's not a great upper attacker), Strata Dragoon G has a free spinning SAR so I don't know what you were thinking for that and smash, and Spike Attack is just a "flavour" of smash attack, and distinguishing between the two has no practical application.

Quote:•8 Wide: I hadn't considered anything like that, so I guess I just wasn't thinking there. That's a good idea though, and I'll change the article to reflect that.
Yes, but why 8 Wide of all things?

Quote:•I don't own a Tornado Balance stadium, so I wouldn't know...I just tried to use all different stadiums for testing so I could get a feel for how it would be overall

Tornado balance is probably horrible for plastics, I don't own one though. It's not fair on attack in HMS so I can only imagine what horrors it would wreak on larger beyblades like plastics.

Personally, I don't think it should be legal for plastics, but I don't own one (and likely never will), so I don't want to make a fuss over it. BB-10, the Triple Battle Type Stadium, and Tornado Attack should be more than enough for it, Tornado Attack being the optimum choice.

Quote:•I didn't find Shield Hammer to be that recoily - I mean, yes it does have some recoil but I found it useful to a certain extent. That's just my opinion, so I guess we agree to disagree there.

When dealing with facts, opinions are entirely irrelevant. I'll have another shot with it once no one in my house is asleep, but I've tried every AR I own that could have smash, including Draciel G's, on Ariel 2's tip, which compensates for recoil extremely well. I had some hope for it, and recall being extremely underwhelmed by it's performace and that it had poor recoil.

Quote:•Wow, it works with WBIV's base? Mine's broken so I never really thought to check that, but I guess that - as well as the balls in the base - is worth mentioning. I'll make sure to put that into the article.

Rock Bison's EG, Draciel G's Base, Wolborg 4's CEW part. You'd have to actually test it to write about it though. In my experience, it makes the centre of gravity too high and leaves a gap for attackers, but it's worth mentioning that it may be worth trying (or if you've lost your wolborg 4 base or something), seeing as some people did like it. I haven't used it that much though, because I didn't like it at all when I did use it.

Quote:
th!nk Wrote:I know I'm being extremely harsh here, but this is the sort of thing I expect to stumble on in poorly written drafts... Not well written drafts from one or two days ago with no proper criticism...
Under the pretense this was somewhat a compliment, thank you.
It was a compliment on your writing, but not the information it contains. I'm concerned about your depth of knowledge based on a few things (for example, the AR's you use for comparison and the smash/spike thing indicate that most of your knowledge comes from beywiki. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but it should be noted that beywiki is not a good source for plastics info in its current state).

Again, sorry for being so blunt, but trying to improve beywiki's plastics sections is something I'm extremely passionate about, and it's an extremely frustrating endeavour, so I'm often on-edge.

Okay he's not willing to say it so I will. Poor info really annoys him and yours articles aren't great in his opinion (mine neither tba. Dranzer V draft needed a lot of work). Sorry if this is harsh but still I feel it does need to be said.
(Jul. 15, 2012  6:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yes, but why 8 Wide of all things?

Honestly, if I remember right, I was just looking up facts quickly and read somewhere that 8 Wide was useful for smash attack combos. Obviously I jumped the gun a bit, so I'll change that now.

Quote:•I didn't find Shield Hammer to be that recoily - I mean, yes it does have some recoil but I found it useful to a certain extent. That's just my opinion, so I guess we agree to disagree there.

When dealing with facts, opinions are entirely irrelevant. [/quote]
And that is your opinion:p sorry, I'm just busting your chops a bit.
But that sounds good. I don't own an Ariel, so I'll rely on you to test that if that's okay (I'm no good at testing anyways, hah).
Quote:Rock Bison's EG, Draciel G's Base, Wolborg 4's CEW part. You'd have to actually test it to write about it though. IMO it makes the centre of gravity too high and leaves a gap for attackers, but it's worth mentioning that it may be worth trying (or if you've lost your wolborg 4 base or something).
Interesting. I'll add that into the article and once I figure out a decent combo I'll make that as well.

Quote:It was a compliment on your writing, but an indictment of the information it contained. I'm concerned about your depth of knowledge based on a few things (for example, the AR's you use for comparison indicate that most of your knowledge comes from beywiki. Perhaps I'm wrong, but beywiki is not a good source for plastics info in its current state).

Again, sorry for being so harsh, but trying to improve beywiki's plastics sections is something I'm extremely passionate about.
No worries, I know exactly what you mean. You've got a lot on your plate and I give you credit for all the things you're somehow managing to do.

Yes, I get a lot of my knowledge from Beywiki. That's probably a big part of my problem.

In any case, I made a few changes to the article to reflect th!nks additions and I'm currently putting up BJH's pictures now. Then I just have to change the format as well.

(Jul. 15, 2012  6:22 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay he's not willing to say it so I will. Poor info really annoys him and yours articles aren't great in his opinion (mine neither tba. Dranzer V draft needed a lot of work). Sorry if this is harsh but still I feel it does need to be said.
I'm not as knowledgable about these things as maybe you and th!nk are, so the goal for my articles is always to at least spark interest. I know they're not great, so I just do as much as I can to get the people who can write them to help out and get those blades onto beywiki. I may have said that in the OP.
There are very few reliable places to look up facts right now, which I'm trying to change but the workload is imposing and I do have some serious stuff to sort out IRL too (my motivation troubles, odd sleeping patterns, and some other issues extend to my job, which is a casual job, but I haven't been in for quite a while now, and it's hard to resolve and causing me a lot of stress, which in turn feeds back into making it harder to face the issue).

As for writing beywiki articles, I do have a rough order I work in, and things like Draciel G that aren't worthwhile are right at the bottom of that list. My order is something like this:
1. Stuff on beywiki that is wildly incorrect.
2. Stuff that badly needs articles because they're useful/heavily underrated.
3. Stuff that is definitely useless but I want to write about nonetheless.
4. Stuff that is dull and useless like Draciel G.

The issue with this is I am also very pedantic about drafts with poor information, so they often muscle their way up to the top and delay other things. Of course, I don't just help out with bad drafts, but they consume as much time as anything else on that list, rather than stuff where I can just throw a couple of extra facts up or tidy up the writing on without having to do too much work on the facts.

As for opinions, no, Opinions being irrelevant where facts are involved is fundamental to understanding the world around us accurately. I could say "I think two plus two equals eighty seven" - it may well be an opinion, but it would also be incorrect. If you want to bust my chops, do it somewhere relevant. As I said, I'll retest it, but it's generally agreed upon that it is a recoily AR, and my experience with it confirms that.

As with any wide, 8 Wide can be used for smash, but that doesn't make it good.

Stick Tiger Defenser/War Lion and 10 Balance/Wide Defense on that eg/base setup, and that's the combo.

That makes sense. I just want to help out with Beywiki as much as I can. th!nk, maybe you should make a thread for that list so people can focus on helping out with the things you think need the most improvement. That way, people don't make the Draciel G drafts just yet and make things easier for you.

Right, but this is beyblade. And for something so open ended, there is no definite answer. There are general statements and conclusions that we have to try our best to make, but there is no such thing as fact. We can all agree to disagree...but if we have to put something onto Beywiki as an answer, we should definitely have a compromise.

Well, that's true. Good thinking. I changed that to Wide Survivor, if that's any better.

Alright, got it. I'll go add that to the article now.
I'm not really saying you shouldn't try i'm just making you aware of it. Also btw I started that before th!nk had posted his.